Gaming FM 2021 Experiment In game thread.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
The football world was shocked to the very core today to find out that Redcafe.net has invested £.1,000,000 into minnows FC United of Manchester, and have promised to follow it up with another million every year for the next 10 years. They have also invested heavily in the training and youth facilities to bring them up to league football standards, as well as making the surprise announcement that one of footballs biggest names Mauricio Pocchetino has been signed on a 10 year contract on a reported 5,000 a week, with clauses that will see him earn up to 100,000 should he reach the summit of the footballing pyramid.

The first thing the new manager did was sack his entire playing staff, and promote his under 18s to the first team, saying: "This club has got an unbelievable amount of talent, some of these lads can go to the very top. And eh, some of them, maybe not. We have one lad who's a right fecking psycho, I think it's because he signed up to the game thread late so Jake thought he'd have a bit of fun with him"

Also included in this takeover is the little known footballing broker Agent McAgentface who represents every player in the club, as well as the manager himself. The Cuban is known for his fierce loyalty to his clients and is not said to be affected by monetary gains as much as others.

FCUOM were expected to push for promotion this year, but with such madness going on behind the scenes, who knows what could happen.

JakeC

Pablo Idge: GK @Mr Pigeon
Grab Da Puss: GK @Samid
Chev Chelios: DC @Berbaclass
Maqrquis Warren: DC @CallyRed
Based Adnan: DC @Based Adnan
Solly Uss: DC @Solius
Ruud Van Persie: DL @NM
Bung Van Gagal: DL @vangagal
Wayne Shoresy: D/WBR @limerickcitykid
Sebastian Sheep: DR @sebsheep
Green Red: D/DM/MC @Green_Red
Rafa Fabio: DM @OnlyTwoDaSilvas
Altod Evil: DM/MC @altodevil
Lay Brigade: CM @Lay
Theon Mahzar: CM @mazhar13
Spont Aneous: M/AMC @spontaneus1
Damien Stormpube: AMR @Damien
Sjor Bepo: AMRL @Šjor Bepo
Doulou Loudou: AMC/ST @DouLou
P Nut: AMRLC @P-Nut

Last edited:

JakeC

Made some sort of mistake bringing in Poch, he's disappeared from the game so I've had to emulate his stats from a different save and put it on FCUMs manager now. shouldn't make a difference as I've done everything, age/nationality/etc/

JakeC

the random numbers PAS.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How is Grab da Puss supposed to live the Grealish lifestyle on £500 p/w?!

JakeC

One player has already seen an increase. of 14 in his ability in 6 months. Another couple.... Not so much.

JakeC

Midseason update! (won't be doing screenshots in the thread every 6 months, but every year unless people tag me for specific stuff when it's possible. I'll throw them all up on imgur though.

The kids are alright!

What a start it's been for the new team at FC United. 23 games in 22 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses. Top of the table by 20 points, with the only team to take points away from then South Shields
are in 2nd place. Perhaps however, it's the reds cup exploits that are making the fans fall in love with them. Beating teams like Chlelmsford, and Kings Lynn to set up an FA Cup 2nd round
tie against National League side Barnet. Captain Wayne Shorsey has been leading by example, playing in 31 out of 34 goals at right back, creating 11 assists and even scoring the winner
against Gainsborough in a 3-0 win, his main competition at right back is perhaps a player who isn't enjoying his season so far in Seb Sheep, picking up 3 injuries that have kept him
on the sidelines for more than 8 weeks.

Up the other end of the pitch the goals have been shared around the place, with Adam Rodowit scoring 15 goals, P Nut with 12, and Altod Evil with 11.
Perhaps most impressvie, however is Sjor Bepo, with his 7 goals and 17 assists in 24 appearances in all competitions, picking up 9 man of the match awards in the process.

Da Puss has been the regular in goal, but the fans have been calling out for Pablo Idge to be given more opportunities, as he's done very well in his 6 games so far.

Bun Van Gagal has had an interesting season as well, picking up an abdominal strain in a training ground bust up with KM.

Should the club play in an FA Cup Final tomorrow, the starting lineup would most likely be.

Da Puss, Shoresy (C), Chelios, Uss, Van Persie, Red, Evil, Bepo, Loudou, Truffles, Rodowit

JakeC

album for players 6 months in.

JakeC

First major update tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great updates. My players looks like to be an amazing. Excellent attributes for a striker.

JakeC

Took over 100 screenshots for the update, i've moved from imgur to postimages, as its easier tbh.

The update will come with a link to the full album, which will have all your players milestones, bios, and career stats, while the post will just have your attributes and such.

Mega Update 1

JakeC

Season review

The Reds are up!!

After a stunning season, FC United are going back into The Football Conference, and they've only gone and done it without losing a match! Also picking up their first piece of silverware on the way, breezing through the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup winning the final 4-0 against a poor Basford side with KM scoring a brace, alongside goals by Bent-Truffles, and @Solius with a penalty. The other big news is the fact that the youngsters managed to make it into the FA Cup third round before being hardly done by against Stoke City in a 2-1 loss, on the plus side the lads have earned a trip to Wembley to play in the FA Trophy final against Chester, and 23,000 people got to watch us lift another trophy. So up we go to The Vanarama North where we’re again expected to do well, being the favorites to win the league.

International Updates

Big news for the absolute lunatic that is KM Unleashed after declaring for India he's gone on to make 5 caps already and has already scored once for them. He's been joined by @roonster who for some reason was let go at the start of the year by FCUM, but has gone on to play regular football for Lexios in the portuguese second tier, I'll be adding that league in for next season and we'll be keeping a close eye on him for sure. Theon Mahzar has declared for Pakistan and has also earned 5 caps, Bung Van Gagal has represented Indonesia 3 times already! Well done lads.

Congratulations to Solly Uss, and Nicola Bert-Truffles for winning caps for the England U20s! Sebastian Sheep isn't too far behind them in the u19s! P-Nut has also played at u19 level for the three lions.

Other players making appearances at youth level for their countries are Chav Chelios with 1 for USA U20, Rafa Fabio who hasn't managed to break into the first team on a regular basis for FCUM, has let Brazil down by appearing for Portugal in an u20s game! Pablo Idge has made 5 caps for Scotland's u21s side, Doulou Loudou has made the same number for Greeces youngsters, Green Red has represented Ireland's u21s 3 times already, as has Spont Aneous. Top scorer Adam Rodowit has seemingly chosen Wales as he's played twice for their u21 setup, although Poland have made an enquiry

"The lads are focused on next season" - The Gaffer

Mauricio Pochettino has rubbished reports that there could be a mass exodus of his young stars, who look far too good to be anywhere other than the football league "We had a chat with them all at the start of last season and told them about our project, we want as many of them to be around for as long as possible, they're a good bunch of lads and I don't think we'll be seeing anyone leave, I hope not anyway!"

Player of the season = Sjor Bepo
Top Scorer = Adam Rodawit
League Position = 1st
FA CUP = Knocked out in the 3rd round vs Stoke
FA Trophy = Winners
Northern League Challenge Cup = Winners

*Disclaimer* As I can only have 20 images in a message, some of you will be in the comment below, here's a link to the album https://postimg.cc/gallery/4KpMc57/3c80b78b

@Mr Pigeon
@Samid
@Berbaclass
@CallyRed
@Based Adnan
@Solius
@NM
@vangagal
@limerickcitykid
@sebsheep
@Green_Red
[/img]

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Cheers, curious how i'm avaliable for the loan though even after having a very good season

JakeC

Cheers, curious how i'm avaliable for the loan though even after having a very good season
Yeah, not sure why. Nobody has been sold either, or loaned out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Aggression: 15
Bravery: 4

:lol:

Basically Nigel Winterburn

Last edited:

JakeC

Manchester United have just had an offer accepted for one of you!

JakeC

January Transfer Update

So our first 2 players have left us for pastures new. @limerickcitykid has gotten a move to Southampton for 155,000 and has been loaned to Celta Vigo for the rest of the season

Also moving on, but not to United but Juventus is @DouLou for 130,000 to join up with their u23s squad. @Green_Red is said to be unsettled as he presumed he'd be moved up from vice captain to captain after Shoresy left, but no it's @TheReligion who gets the armband

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Great update mate! My fella's been snapped up by Juventus! I like his stats distribution for an AMC, technique/passing/vision/first touch/dribbling :drool:. Hopefully he's got a bit of potential to play with!

JakeC

Great update mate! My fella's been snapped up by Juventus! I like his stats distribution for an AMC, technique/passing/vision/first touch/dribbling :drool:. Hopefully he's got a bit of potential to play with!
You've come off the bench for them twice already. And also got a call up for Greece and scored on your debut!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Glad Shoresy is out the door! Hopefully I can make the right back spot my own now.

CallyRed

Think the CB partnership with myself and Solly Uss has the makings of Vidic and Ferdinand 2.0

JakeC

No idea why I never thought of creating my own text shortcuts. Now whenever I type "qpqp" it automatically turns into a spoiler in an image. Genius really.

JakeC

It will be a smaller update at noon for the second season, as I think when we get into the football league is when it gets really interesting.