Gaming FM 2021 Experiment In game thread.

Afternoon Update Season 2

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Pochettino's Predators Prowl on*
We know those charges were never proven, you know who you are.

In perhaps football's most charming story, the fan owned club FC United of Manchester have made it back to back promotions, again going unbeaten! They are now a single season away from the football league in all of its glory. No more rainy nights in Spennymoor, next season they could be playing the likes of ______, _______, or maybe even _____ should they continue their downward spiral.

After an emotional January seeing 2 key players leave, and what is already a bittersweet summer as Nicola Bert-Truffle has left to play for Huddersfield for 100,000, which one feels he will regret should FCUM keep up their meteoric rise. It's hard to fathom that FCUM can keep a hold of their key players with teams like Lazio, Everton, Sporting Lisbon, and the mighty Finn Harps all sniffing around.

In the past few minutes word has just come through that Damien Stormpup has left to join Derby for a whopping 300,000, and Solly Uss has joined Sheffield Wednesday for 175,000. And Chev Chelios is moving to Minnesota fo 165,000 but has agreed to stay with the Reds for the next 2 seasons.

FCUM are again favorites to get promoted for a third season running, for the second time in their history, a feat that surely hasn’t been bettered in competitive world football.

Player of the season - Sjor Bepo
Top Scorer - Adam Rodowit (20)
Vanarama North Player of the year - Spon Tanaeous
Welcome back to @roonster09 who has also been made captain of India!

Player Stats

Next major update will be tomorrow with all your attributes and stuff from the beginning of next season.

Last edited:

Green_Red

January Transfer Update

So our first 2 players have left us for pastures new. @limerickcitykid has gotten a move to Southampton for 155,000 and has been loaned to Celta Vigo for the rest of the season

Also moving on, but not to United but Juventus is @DouLou for 130,000 to join up with their u23s squad. @Green_Red is said to be unsettled as he presumed he'd be moved up from vice captain to captain after Shoresy left, but no it's @TheReligion who gets the armband
I want £350,000 a year or I'm off!

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Fantastic start for me, these guys can feck off to rot with the u23 squads of the big teams. First team football is where it's at.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
League player of the season, fantastic work. Think it might be a great career looming for my guy.

OleGunnar20

Top scorer! Well'un Adam lad. Obviously watched my plodding career as a Sunday morning DM and figured he'd try something a hit different.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sack Poch, play Seb. Guy is now playing a DM in my spot over me. My morale has dropped leading to a big drop off in performances this year.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Hardly played this season but scored 10 assisted 2 in 14 games. Guessing I'm one of the low potential guys that's going to stick around the bottom leagues tearing it up.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't play too many matches and yet I'm Salford joint highest earner. Makes sense.

minor update

JakeC

Nobody is being sold this year - Pochettino.

In a revealing interview, FCUM manager has announced, much to the dismay of some of his stars that NONE of the squad will be allowed to leave this season as the club aim to make it into the football league for the first time.

A stunning 17 players were being coveted by clubs in the top 2 flights of English football, but the gaffer has refused to budge "They signed contracts, they're the highest paid players in the league, they will continue to be the highest paid players if we get promoted this season, and this club is going places"

One of the most affected players is Chev Chelios, wanted by no less than 17 clubs across the continent including Lazio, Crystal Palace, and RB Salzburg.

New captain, Sjor Bepo has been scouted my Jim Lawlor of Manchester United, but again the giants from Stretford have been reminded that their players are not for sale.

"Unless a truly magnificent offer comes in, all the lads will be with us for the foreseeable future"

JakeC

Tomorrow! After the match!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm enjoying my season sitting on the bench eating Quavers, and stealing a wage.

JakeC

Will get through all the players over the next 12 hours, then do a season update on the mighty reds!

@Mr Pigeon
It hasn’t been a good year for Pablo, he has found himself totally frozen out by the management, although with the season Grab Da Puss has had, it’s hard to blame them. The owners may insist he gets a loan move next season to help him with his development, as he’s never actually let the side down when he played last season. Still has a good chance at being Scotland's next #1, but he’ll need game time for that.

@Samid
The undisputed first choice goalkeeper had a season to remember, playing every minute of every competitive game for the reds. 7 figure bids were rejected from multiple top tier teams.

@Berbaclass
a non league record, with the Portuguese Giants FC Porto shelling out 1.8 million pounds for the defender, before loaning him to NYCFC for an underwhelming loan period. Will he follow in the footsteps of Man Utd icons Bruno Fernandes, and Cristiano Ronaldo by joining MUFC in the future?

@CallyRed
A player we have been able to hold onto, and one of the first names on the team sheet, the versatile defender has had another steady season, and always has a goal in him from his massive, massive head.

@Based Adnan
Another who won’t be going anywhere, and has really kicked on this year, so much so that he’s ensured that Warren and Chelios are just as likely to play as fullbacks, to make sure that there’s space in the heart of the defense for Based. Randomly played as a wide target man a few times.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@Based Adnan
Another who won’t be going anywhere, and has really kicked on this year, so much so that he’s ensured that Warren and Chelios are just as likely to play as fullbacks, to make sure that there’s space in the heart of the defense for Based. Randomly played as a wide target man a few times.
A youngster going down in attributes seems weird

JakeC

@Solius
Another mainstay in a side full of good defenders. appointed vice captain. 29 clubs are vying for his signature, and it's getting harder and harder to hold onto him.
@NM
Our own RVP has again been a bit part player, but with a lot of the other lads potentially moving on this season, he could be one to watch this year. Perhaps needs to become a little more versatile if he's to make it here.
@vangagal
Another player who is cursed by the fact he only plays in one position, he seems to prefer life in Indonesia where he's become a key player in his national team. May get more chances this season, as rumours have it a new manager is coming in who uses his squad much more equitably.
@limerickcitykid
Is perhaps playing at the highest level out of all of the lads, Narrowly missed out on helping Reims get to europe, and will be an interesting one to watch. Is he ready for PL action, or will he be loaned out again? He certainly had a great season in France, twice being named in the team of the week.
@sebsheep
The attacking fullback has become a fan favorite, starting in every game he's available. No big clubs after him as of yet, with Shrewsbury the only enquiry that's been made public.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Solius
Another mainstay in a side full of good defenders. appointed vice captain. 29 clubs are vying for his signature, and it's getting harder and harder to hold onto him.
@NM
Our own RVP has again been a bit part player, but with a lot of the other lads potentially moving on this season, he could be one to watch this year. Perhaps needs to become a little more versatile if he's to make it here.
@vangagal
Another player who is cursed by the fact he only plays in one position, he seems to prefer life in Indonesia where he's become a key player in his national team. May get more chances this season, as rumours have it a new manager is coming in who uses his squad much more equitably.
@limerickcitykid
Is perhaps playing at the highest level out of all of the lads, Narrowly missed out on helping Reims get to europe, and will be an interesting one to watch. Is he ready for PL action, or will he be loaned out again? He certainly had a great season in France, twice being named in the team of the week.
@sebsheep
The attacking fullback has become a fan favorite, starting in every game he's available. No big clubs after him as of yet, with Shrewsbury the only enquiry that's been made public.
Finally showing what I can do given the chance. Assist machine!

JakeC

@Green_Red
What a year! First one to move to United! Made his PL debut on the final day of the season in a 1-1 draw at Everton! Will probably be loaned out next season, but looks like he could be one of the best of the bunch!
@OnlyTwoDaSilvas
Turning into a very mobile player, reminds me a bit of our Brazilian Fred. Quick, hard working, Brave, and good in the tackle. Barcelona interested.
@altodevil
A very classy player, perhaps needs to improve his passing, but there's definitely a player there. Always has a goal in him, but didn't find the back of the net enough this season. Tends to be the deepest midfielder in the team.
@Lay
Poor lay has had to spend most of his time on the bench this season, which is perhaps a tad harsh as he's played quite well, and has 3 goals in 2 starts! Will want more football next season. A move back to his native Colombia was heard through the grapevine, but was refused by DOF Patrice Evra.
@mazhar13
Theon has become a mainstay for his club and country this season, without setting the world alight, and will want to improve his numbers next season, a very well rounded player.
@spontaneus
Will definitely feel hard done by for not having as being the first name on the team sheet, as he's definitely too good for this level, the Irish u21 international will definitely be eyeing up a full call up, and may want to leave to ensure it happens.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@Mr Pigeon
It hasn’t been a good year for Pablo, he has found himself totally frozen out by the management, although with the season Grab Da Puss has had, it’s hard to blame them. The owners may insist he gets a loan move next season to help him with his development, as he’s never actually let the side down when he played last season. Still has a good chance at being Scotland's next #1, but he’ll need game time for that.
I've heard that Basingstoke is awful at this time of year.

Not the best season, sure. But on the plus side I've been able to play Fortnite in the dugout all year long.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Pablo Idge is reportedly upset at being left out of the squad despite his rival Puss conceding over 50 goals in his 44 appearances. A source close to the Italian Jock said that he had spent the last three days walking around his bedsit naked shouting at birds perched outside of his window.

Colleagues at the club were quick to point out that he flaps whenever a ball is crossed in, and he's a shitter goalkeeper than Puss, but Idge reportedly reacted to this news by throwing bottles of Buckfast at nearby targets, missing every single one.

JakeC

Latest update sponsored my LISTERINE. for a cleaner, fresher mouth than brushing alone*

*I annoyed the manager of my local chemist to give me something for free so I could pretend to be important

"He hasn't felt well" - Evra, on Cullen

In an extremely boring announcement, new Reds boss Patrice Evra has announced that the millionaire thousandaire hundredaire owner Jake, has felt a bit under the weather the last few days, and was last spotted outside his local pharmacy picking up motilium, and something for his dodgy hairline.

"New update will be before Christmas, might be today, depending on the diahhrea" Said Cullen. "The lads have been patient, I'll give them that. Only 4 of them have sent dick pics in exchange for a bump in potential ability.

Listerine, for a minty fresh mouth.

JakeC

Update before xmas eve, and another on xmas day!

So were where we? The defenders have been looked at, a couple of lads have moved on, some have taken their place! But we still have 12 players to go through! I'll get through 5 tonight before I shite myself to sleep!

Screenshots are being added to https://postimg.cc/gallery/MfrYC2B as we speak!

First, though! The Reds are in the football league! we're in the football league!

It was nowhere near as comfy however, as at times we did not look the most talented football team, but after Pochettino was weirdly sacked, I got to choose realistically the next manager, and Patrice Evra came in and got the job done. We've had more surprises in the last few months, than in the previous 3 years! And the player of the year will definitely be out of left field.