Football – have you actually missed it?

Red00012

Missed it a lot to be honest .

It wont be the same BCD but it’s better than nothing .

RedFish

We've been saturated with football and there has been an endless stream of meaningless football conversation on our screens. Quantity over quality. I just would like to watch football without all the peripheral drama which is shoved into our faces day in day out. The enforced break therefore has been a welcome one for me personally.
I miss football as we knew it more than anything. However, It's far down my list of priorities and as far as sports goes, I watch more far more boxing, MMA and cycling these days anyway.

fps

Imagine Martin Keown during lockdown. He might even have been tempted to read a book.

Bobski

I watched a fair amount of highlights of old games from the 90's in the PL. Incredible difference in the shape of the games, chaos rules, teams were happy to empty midfield, throw everyone into the box and get caught wide open on the counter, a trait exacerbated by the willingness of everyone to go to ground in the tackle. Wild speed and swings back and forth. Fun to watch and the aggression in the game is hugely higher but the game has undeniably evolved tactically.

You can see why that Utd team of the early 90's were always going to struggle in Europe, even without the foreigner rule, left the defense wide open too often.

Fts 74

First 3/4 weeks I missed it especially given the fact we were on a good run and I enjoyed the scouse loving media doing all they could to tell us how bad it would be to void the season.

Since then, it's felt like the summer break in normal seasons where I'm mostly in the transfer forum wondering which of the 500 players we've been linked to and we won't sign.

Once it starts again I'll realise how much I love football but I'm absolutely dreading them lot becoming champions.

In the bigger picture its been awful to see 40,000 plus people die from this virus and football really does pale into insignificance.

Tragically Hip

I definitely miss watching the EPL , and although this might not be the intent of the original question, I mostly miss playing it with my recreational men's team. In Canada, we have not been cleared yet to start our outdoor season and I really miss not having the league games to look forward to. Post-game beers and banter were an important stress receiver for me and how I keep active and fit (not to mention a little break from my beautiful wife and kids).

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

criticalanalysis

I bet you once the games start everyone's interest will pique right back.

The PL is a different beast and even in these unqiue situations, I reckon it's gonna draw people back in.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
I believe there’s quite a few free to view games being gifted out to get the momentum going again.

First fix for free!

Aside from that nice bit of alliteration, and a heavy bit of cynicism, I will enjoy the game being back. But all the financial drama and malarkey that exists with it I am not a fan of.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm missing it, and safety concerns and unsightly rumblings over TV rights aside I'll be delighted to welcome it back later this month. The downside is some genius scheduling our first game back on my mrs's birthday, which has caused a bit of consternation.

Deery

Dreary
I haven’t missed it at all but am looking forward to it coming back..

Smores

I'm not sure I've missed the 90 minutes as much as the anticipation leading up to a game. It's a nice little separator from the working week for me and without it everything blurs together especially with the restrictions we've had.

GenZRed

On one hand I have enjoyed the break from football and it has been quite relaxing. On the other hand I do miss going pub to watch football and I was looking forward to Euro 2020, which has now been postponed as I'm sure everyone knows.

I will get back into watching football again but I doubt I get so excited about club football again.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
If you haven't missed it, why are you still on a football forum?

RUCK4444

Yeah I've missed it massively, obviously more so missing United games more than just football in general.

However I have not missed VAR one. little. bit.

VAR is one letter away from VAT and about as exciting as it.

Deery

Dreary
If you haven't missed it, why are you still on a football forum?
I’m pretty sure it will consume my life in the next couple of weeks but it’s been the first time in years I’ve had a break from it so it was quite relaxing not thinking or talking about it for a few months..

Steven-UK

I have not missed it one bit, in fact after 13 years we are seriously considering giving our season tickets up..we'll see.

During the peak of this virus I totally forgot about Redcafe, and the odd time I did think about it, and clicked on it, all I could think of was "why are they on there?.... we are in a global pandemic that could rival the Spanish flu that killed upwards of 50 mill, and people on there are still talking about players from 1980...who gives one!".

But you know, we all need a break-away from our jobs, and interests, but it has taught me not to get caught up on football anymore. Over-paid idiots most of these geezers, and there are far more important things in this life.