Football agent Mino Raiola dies after illness / not dead / who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Very bizarre all this instant caveated revisionism.

An absolute tragedy for his family and I’d never wish death or illness on anyone. It’s awful whenever someone passes too early and I wish that he was still above ground.

Lets not pretend that football isn’t now a better place. He was toxic for the sport and represented the worst of a parasitic and manipulative profession. I don’t think anyone needs to pretend our sport has lost something.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He may have been a twat, but not so much that he deserved this.

rip.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Condolences to the family, especially at that age.

Toxic, greedy man when it came to football.

GBBQ

Absolutely shocked. I’ve often bemoaned the guy as everything that’s wrong about modern football but perhaps in an age where oligarchs have clubs as play things he was the necessary ‘evil’ to ensure players got their fair share. Even the players he didn’t represent were able to point to the kind of deals he got as leverage for their own talks.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
German journo says they called Mino's firm and some woman denied the reports, but she wouldn't give her name.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
A lot of people disliked him, but he was a great agent for his players. Made himself and them a hell of a lot of money. RIP.

EDIT - He's not dead. Prick.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

An absolute tragedy for his family and I’d never wish death or illness on anyone. It’s awful whenever someone passes too early and I wish that he was still above ground.

Lets not pretend that football isn’t now a better place. He was toxic for the sport and represented the worst of a parasitic and manipulative profession. I don’t think anyone needs to pretend our sport has lost something.
Its basic respect for the dead. There is a time and place to discuss a persons actions in life, but the news of his passing is not it.

Have some decency.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Elpidios

Whatever your opinions on Mino were, you can't deny that he was a fabulous agent to his clients.

RIP Mino

beer&grill

Clubs probably hated working with him, the players loved him because he got them what they deserved. At the end of the day, football at this level is a business and he was a master.

rip
And that’s the most important thing. I never understood the hate against him. It’s better to have the money go to the players, at the end of the day they are the ones who get exploited, not the Glazers or whatever club owner.

If the money footballers earn is too much there’s another discussion, but as long as there are these kind of money in this ecosystem I want the bulk of it to go to the players.

That being said, had I been a player I would’ve loved to work with him. RIP.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Completely agree.

Rest in peace but in his job he was terrible for the sport.

space

Ahh that’s sad - was excellent at what he did. Thoughts with his family - no age to go..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I haven't seen anybody saying he will be missed, but there's no reason to be disrespectful either.

He did a job that there was a market for and clearly did it very well. His clients love him. It's just football at the end of the day.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Is this verified by anyone other than Tancredi thus far? Seeing a few tweets like this (AP for Italy):

EDIT: looks like Repubblica have also tweeted about it that he has passed
https://www.repubblica.it/sport/cal...no_raiola_morto_malato_procuratore-347259213/
When I googled it I found several italian websites reporting it. Probably all going by the same source, but still not too likely that nobody made sure (or is it :nervous:)

Edit: it's on kicker.de now as well.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

This, so much this, its Jade Goody syndrome all over again. Completely rewritting who someone was when they die.

Dolf

There's a time and place for everything mate

TsuWave

Guy changed the game. Clubs couldn’t treat players like shit any more. And this isn’t my stance just because he passed, my post history can corroborate.

He was disliked by fans for moving players around and/or securing them great deals, the same fans that jump on players’ backs the moment their form dips and want them moved on - then get on the internet calling players mercenaries or disloyal. Always felt like players should look after themselves/their careers first seeing as a football career is pretty short and at risk every time you step on the pitch. Raiola was a Goliath for his players.

workers/players > corporations/clubs in my book.

DanClancy

Correct, one of the biggest c**ts in football.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I find it a bit odd that there's more people in this thread than in many of the ones for when United legends die. I suppose he's a more current figure but still...agree with horsechoker's sentiments, condolences to his family and friends, not a sad day for football though.

Smithy89

I find it a bit odd that there's more people in this thread than in many of the ones for when United legends die. I suppose he's a more current figure but still...agree with horsechoker's sentiments, condolences to his family and friends, not a sad day for football though.
Modern football fans are a weird bunch.

beer&grill

Completely agree.

Rest in peace but in his job he was terrible for the sport.
How was he terrible for the sport? Do you prefer players having cardiac arrests for peanuts while the owners pocket the big money, just to enjoy your club’s success at the expense of players well being? Gosh.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The Danish national media is reporting he is dead. Not his biggest fan but he did right by his clients and that's about as much as you can ask from an agent. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.