Football agent Mino Raiola dies after illness / not dead / who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
What gutter reporting from the press. Hope he manages to pull through.

beer&grill

Agreed, I vastly prefer players having cardiac arrests for vast sums of money, but as long as they have the cardiac arrests I'm good.
:lol: What even
Wow, so smart and so funny. Tell the guys who had cardiac arrests while playing football that you prefer them getting peanuts playing for your club so you can cheer Ole’s at the wheel @Samid ..
Guess you prefer the money to go to the owners pockets instead of the players who are the actual talents in the game
Someone who’s able to understand a text. Thank you!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
From one of the biggest football news of the year to one of the biggest journalistic blunders in spors this year. A career defining feckup to report someone dead when they are not.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Remember when lots of people believed his every word?

Herman Toothrot

Dutch Twitters and football forums are full of "RIP goat" "legend" "Jesus H. Christ of football".

I did not wish death or harm on him, but it's basically the death of a really famous used car salesman.
It's so weird. EA should get on it, these people would be frothing to spend their cash on in-game purchases to have a little badge with a picture of their favourite dodgy agent.

I cannot say I ever liked him but you know what his players loved him and that tells you how good he was. RIP
Not sure about that. Makes his players a lot of money but every one of them is a case of what could have been. Depends what you prioritise as to whether he is good or not.

Kaos

Oh' he's alive? Well in which case feck him, he's everything wrong with football, and parasites like him are a stain on our game (I hope he recovers).

Giggsy13

I hated him only because he rattled so many supporters with his comments. But he should be respected and admired. He did his job in a different and off the cuff way that should be respected. The fact he went toe to toe with big clubs and other agents like Mendes is admirable and clearly his players loved him. RIP.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If the reports of him still being alive are accurate then do we have to continue the charade of pretending he wasn't a dick?

RIP if he's dead btw.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
All these fake RIPs just for the sake of it? I don't get it.

Just goes to show weasingly people for all that money can ultimately amount to nothing. If ever there's a black armband moment at United, I will well and truly give up.

Revaulx

Damn, RIP. I remember there being some tweets about him undertaking surgery earlier this year (and some very unfunny people on here making jokes about it).
In fairness to the unfunny people, the tweets explicitly stated that it wasn’t serious.

Presumably it was :(

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This thread is a shame. The man is fighting for his life but still there are smiley faces and questionable posts, and nobody really cares, why? Because he said a few hurtful words and wanted a lot of money. It wouldnt happen in other threads, where you'd be attacked just for not writing 'get well soon' or 'RIP' as if the person themselves can see it.

The title thread hasnt even been changed even though modmin are so quick to do these kinds of things sometimes.

LARulz

Madrid believe(d) it

Edit: Bastards deleted it as soon as I posted

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow, so smart and so funny. Tell the guys who had cardiac arrests while playing football that you prefer them getting peanuts playing for your club so you can cheer Ole’s at the wheel @Samid ..

It was actually the binary nature of your response that prompted my twatty remark. In your mind you either like Raiola or enjoy seeing players struggle for minimum wage. There is no middle ground, as is the custom on the internet.

Good players would get paid with or without Raiola. It's supply and demand. He's just a smart capitalist who got obscenely rich by getting involved in said supply and demand.

Smores

I hate the performative reaction when a famous person dies. Thousands will die today but because this guy leeches money off hard working fans for other famous people he's apparently deserving off widespread global mourning.

He doesn't deserve the respect from those that only know him via his leeching. I'm sure his friends and family will mourn the man not the agent.

Smores

Which footballer was earning peanuts exactly? Didn't know he did pro bono work for non league football

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What on earth are you on about?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hate the performative reaction when a famous person dies. Thousands will die today but because this guy leeches money off hard working fans for other famous people he's apparently deserving off widespread global mourning.

He doesn't deserve the respect from those that only know him via his leeching. I'm sure his friends and family will mourn the man not the agent.
To be fair, he's not a truly evil man like Putin, he might be a nice guy in his personal life but as a professional I don't like him and I wouldn't be sad if he was no longer a part of the game.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Agree with this

Smithy89

What professional footballer is earning peanuts? You must have a very privileged life if you think they do.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If the reports of him still being alive are accurate then do we have to continue the charade of pretending he wasn't a dick?

RIP if he's dead btw.
Am I a bad person for finding this very funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.