Football Leaks: Manchester City accused of using shadow firms to flout rules

tomaldinho1

Doesn't this just mean we can see details but nothing is actually going to happen?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Not even close... anything that was time barred in the Uefa/CAS investigation was time barred long before Uefa even opened proceedings, never mind City telling them to feck off, likely since 2018..
Also the PL doesn't have said time barred rules so can use any and all evidence even the ones that were time barred by CAS for the Uefa investigation.
It’s sad for football and for football fans, that the only thing which let City off the hook was a technicality over statute of limitations. And then their supporters crowing over proven innocence, when it was nothing of the sort. I’m not one to say it should be a closed shop to established clubs, but it is clear that City have seriously flouted the rules and only gotten away with it until this point because of a very good legal team, unlimited money, and technicalities.

I hope they ultimately get a meaningful punishment and the curtain is pulled back on all their shady dealings. Everything they’ve won in the last decade is a result of financial doping above snd beyond what was ever permitted. As a result it’ll never be taken as seriously as it would for legitimately won trophies by other clubs.

For the sake of all fans, I hope the governing bodies can finally take action on the financial doping that has seriously impacted the sustainability of football as a whole, and place strict limitations on the roles and commissions of agents.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City likely in big trouble, will only apply to very old seasons though. Aguerooo could be retrospectively cancelled which would be quite amusing anyway :lol:.

Guy Incognito

City likely in big trouble, will only apply to very old seasons though. Aguerooo could be retrospectively cancelled which would be quite amusing anyway :lol:.
Sky Sports would be fuming.

They've been dining out on the 'Agueroooooooo' moment, like it was the best ever finish to a league season.*

*It wasn't

Oranges038

I'd be very surprised if anything comes of it. The whole thing could be tied up in the courts for years, City will have the money and the people to ensure that happens.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
CAS will save them. Its main job is to protect shady business.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If anything does happen, I see a points deduction and a fine at most. No way will the PL strip them of their titles.

stevoc

If anything does happen, I see a points deduction and a fine at most. No way will the PL strip them of their titles.
Yeah but a points deduction in which season?

If they broke the rules in 2012, 2014 or whatever year then surely they have to be deducted points from one of those seasons.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
this will really tarnish their otherwise spotless reputation, whatever will they do

Yakuza_devils

They only defeated UEFA on a technicality, that they couldn't be punished as the offences were too long ago (according to UEFAs own rules), as far as I know the PL has no such rules so it should be judged on its merits.
We all know that City is doing thousands of things wrong with ffp and whatnot. But they have the best lawyers in the world to help them to sweep everything under the carpet.

UEFA and Premier league can't touch them for so long, what makes you think this time will be different?

City also know how to grease the right palms.

Robertd0803

Strip them of all their titles. Gives us an extra 3 :drool:

But Liverpool another 2..
But we will still be one ahead of them and City will have 5 less. Plus Aguero moment is null and void and would be worth it for that alone.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yeah but a points deduction in which season?

If they broke the rules in 2012, 2014 or whatever year then surely they have to be deducted points from one of those seasons.
They'll bring it forward. Really cannot see a retrospective.

Mr Smith

It would also confine Tyler to the scrapheap of commentary moments.

What an irritating day that was. QPR were definitely paid off the way they carried on at the end of the game. Seemingly City were cheating anyway during that period yet it still took goal difference to beat us.

About time the universe corrected that.
You went full Blue Moon. Never go full Blue Moon.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What I don't get is why fans just 'accept' this?!

City have been found to have essentially cheated their way to the top, we all know it to be true, yet we all accept it and carry on.

What happened to fair competition, to legitimate competition, seems like everyone has accepted this without kicking up a fuss, yet are happy to discuss that against their owners.
City have brought the game into disrepute but no one cares, I get that they are fairly anonymous as a club anyhow, so maybe that's why noone cares!! :lol:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Some form of censure for the oil pigs is perhaps the one bit of leverage against inflation, super League, and clubs collapsing like pins. Please show some balls, FA. Please show some vision. Please show some self interest, even. Has to be a massive fine and a points deduction

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Surely they are digging themselves a bigger hole by not providing documents requested by the investigation team?
They’ve made their living by digging holes, I think they’ll do alright.

SER19

Remember folks, if you have a problem with this it must be because you're 'bitter'. :wenger::wenger::wenger:

Drainy

City have been found to have essentially cheated their way to the top, we all know it to be true, yet we all accept it and carry on.

What happened to fair competition, to legitimate competition, seems like everyone has accepted this without kicking up a fuss, yet are happy to discuss that against their owners.
City have brought the game into disrepute but no one cares, I get that they are fairly anonymous as a club anyhow, so maybe that's why noone cares!! :lol:
After the last time the rivalfans are resigned to them getting off.

The media stll want to be invited to the nice lunches their put on at the etihad

ash_86

Maybe they expect some transfer ban and hence going all out for Kane and Jack Grealish.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
City can throw bundles of cash at the opposition to throw the game on live tv and still get away with it.

Do we? I mean there's not a lot we can actually do to them but read around here, nobody cares too much what City do or how many titles they win. Despite all their years in the wilderness it's still Liverpool for us.

stevoc

They'll bring it forward. Really cannot see a retrospective.
Don't think that's how it works in these situations mate. When Marseille and Juventus got caught match fixing they were stripped of previous titles. The seasons in which they had been cheating not docked points in current or future seasons.

Not that I expect this to actually result in any significant punishment for City as the PL are as corrupt as UEFA.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Don't think that's how it works in these situations mate. When Marseille and Juventus got caught match fixing they were stripped of previous titles. The seasons in which they had been cheating not docked points in current or future seasons.

Not that I expect this to actually results in any significant punishment for City as the PL are as corrupt as UEFA.
A year-long transfer ban at the very best, which will be delayed at least 12 months, allowing them to stock up on an already powerful squad before the sentence comes into effect. In other words, utterly pointless.

Nothing to see here.

Bestietom

Surely with these emails City have to face some sanctions
They will get away with this. Same with claiming stadium always sold out.
Owner buying up all the tickets. Why can't UEFA see what everyone else can see and investigate.
Stadium only half full mostly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
A year-long transfer ban at the very best, which will be delayed at least 12 months, allowing them to stock up on an already powerful squad before the sentence comes into effect. In other words, utterly pointless.

Nothing to see here.
Sounds bang on

El Zoido

And you’ll still have Gary Neville on Sky every week, crowing about how incredibly amazing they are and that they’re gods gift to the game of football.

Pundits and fans alike should be as outraged about this as they were about the Super League.

hungrywing

Some form of censure for the oil pigs is perhaps the one bit of leverage against inflation, super League, and clubs collapsing like pins. Please show some balls, FA. Please show some vision. Please show some self interest, even. Has to be a massive fine and a points deduction
Throw some numbers out there.

City can throw bundles of cash at the opposition to throw the game on live tv and still get away with it.
It’s not us, it’s our sponsors.

MUFC OK

Irrelevant, their lawyers are the best that money can buy so if any football organisation attempts to prosecute them it will never hold up in court. This is the way of the world.