Football Manager 2006 research

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Hi All,

I’ll make this quick…

I’m the Manchester United researcher for the Football Manager game (was Championship Manager). I’m thinking of opening up the research a bit more on the team, so to have several people’s opinions on particular players stats (instead of just mine, as it currently is).

I’m especially interested to hear from the lads that attend the youth and reserve team games, I see them all on MUTV myself but it’s better talking to the match going lads.

If anyone is interested in helping out for the upcoming “Football Manager 2006” game, please let me know, via the board here or at darren_cm@hotmail.com and I can them pass you on more details.

Cheers,



Darren Matthews.
 

GaryLifo

Nice Bloke
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
7,175
Location
Davo thinks I'm weird
Watch all the reserve games on MUTV.

IMO Tom Heaton, Jon Spector, Dave Jones, Rossi and Sylvain Blake are our most promising young players at the moment and I vote for them to have the best youth stats.

People will probablt say I'm crazy, but I think if given the chance, Dave Jones could save us 20 million in the transfer market in the long term. Mind, he did a very rare thing when he came on last night against Everton, he actually misplaced a few passes.... very rare form what I've seen over the last 2 years.
 

Epic

Full Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
7,531
Just don't make Alan Smith a diver like he's on FM2005 :houllier:
 

Pronewbie

Peep
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,338
Location
In front of My Computer
blythy said:
Also, please name all the 'potential young stars', who may be as good in reality, and save some muppet hours down the line.
Yeah Wiz please try to ask your fellow scouts to help you out on this one. Try to get those researching exotic countries.
 

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
24,190
Location
YSC
More to the point, how did you get that job and how much are you paid?? :)
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Lads,

All these players are in the game as it stands now. I'm very well aware of them, I watch all the reserve games live on MUTV too...

I’ve over 100 United players in the game (split over the 3 teams we have) with a fair degree of accuracy. It’s probably a better question for the lads that play the game, and who find a particular player is way ‘off’.

I’d also advise people to use the latest patch WITH data update before mentioning any errors, as I made a lot of additions and changes with that one.

Cheers.
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
David Bellion is shite...

Where are you based Darren? If you are within distance of Carrington, you can actually go and watch the academy games, which in essence is the under 19's...

Any use for a Quantity Surveyor in making this game?

Also, there's a lad call Big Andy, quality Centre Back....just use the same stats as Rio, you'll be about right...

He's just signed for United...don't forget to put him in...
 

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
26,024
Location
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
The Wizard said:
Lads,

All these players are in the game as it stands now. I'm very well aware of them, I watch all the reserve games live on MUTV too...

I’ve over 100 United players in the game (split over the 3 teams we have) with a fair degree of accuracy. It’s probably a better question for the lads that play the game, and who find a particular player is way ‘off’.

I’d also advise people to use the latest patch WITH data update before mentioning any errors, as I made a lot of additions and changes with that one.

Cheers.
I watch all of the reserves too but I dont think many on here actually go to Reserve/Youth games, although I suppose there might be the odd one.
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Pronewbie said:
How about Rooney's low finishing rating then? And Ronaldo's poor pace and acceleration.
Good points. His acceleration might need to be improved a fraction. His pace is abotu right though. (check out the new data).


As for players we signed this year 2004/2005... I DON'T make many changes to a player until he's been with us a while, so I can get to seem him fully

So: Heinze, Smith, Rooney and Saha (because he’s always injured!) have not been changed much, and won’t be until the seasons end.


I try to this this very fairly, and I feel it takes that long to fully see how a player 'fits in' at Manchester United.
 

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
12,510
Location
Flagg
Gigg's continued over brilliance?
Why does Ruud's attitude stink?
Miller and Brown kept scoring for me, somethings up there.
Scholes has always been shite and pointless.
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
Also, can you bollock David Gill for sacking me...the fecking cnut...

I was 2nd in the league, 1 point behind Arsenal, with a game in hand...4 games left, and he sacked me...Steve Bruce took over and won the league with a game to spare...

I'd also won the league and the FA cup the year before...in my first season.

Nothing like giving a manager time...
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Big Andy said:
David Bellion is shite...

Where are you based Darren? If you are within distance of Carrington, you can actually go and watch the academy games, which in essence is the under 19's...

Any use for a Quantity Surveyor in making this game?

Also, there's a lad call Big Andy, quality Centre Back....just use the same stats as Rio, you'll be about right...

He's just signed for United...don't forget to put him in...
Good man Andy... this is the kind of info I'm looking for ;)

Seriously though, if any of the regulars here on the board want to be added to the game, into the master database let me know and I'll sort it out.

You'll be 'fictiona lstaff' but there is an option to have them included when you start a new game. You'll then appear in the game, so you can sign up 'yourself' :)

As good as Rio afterall ;)
 

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
12,510
Location
Flagg
And anothere thing, I always get a stupidly high amount of injuries that feck up part of my season and.........................oh wait
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
The Wizard said:
Good man Andy... this is the kind of info I'm looking for ;)

Seriously though, if any of the regulars here on the board want to be added to the game, into the master database let me know and I'll sort it out.

You'll be 'fictiona lstaff' but there is an option to have them included when you start a new game. You'll then appear in the game, so you can sign up 'yourself' :)

As good as Rio afterall ;)
I'm in for that....

What do you need?
 

The Wizard

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,057
Big Andy said:
Also, can you bollock David Gill for sacking me...the fecking cnut...

I was 2nd in the league, 1 point behind Arsenal, with a game in hand...4 games left, and he sacked me...Steve Bruce took over and won the league with a game to spare...

I'd also won the league and the FA cup the year before...in my first season.

Nothing like giving a manager time...
Andy,

This sounds very strange, as I've set Gill to be very patient and lenient. Were you giving board ultimatums every other week or anything like that?
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
If you look in the Youth Reports, there are two posters there Gabe and feck who go to reserve and youth games if im not mistaken, you can ask them about the reserves because they would have probably seen them first hand.
 

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
24,190
Location
YSC
The Wizard said:
Good points. His acceleration might need to be improved a fraction. His pace is abotu right though. (check out the new data).


As for players we signed this year 2004/2005... I DON'T make many changes to a player until he's been with us a while, so I can get to seem him fully

So: Heinze, Smith, Rooney and Saha (because he’s always injured!) have not been changed much, and won’t be until the seasons end.


I try to this this very fairly, and I feel it takes that long to fully see how a player 'fits in' at Manchester United.
Seems like you've done a pretty good job. I assume you have recently amended the data to make Djemba-Djemba one of the worst players ever seen? He's too good in it, as is Kleberson.

Of the youngsters, it seems Spector and Eagles REALLY make it, Richardson and Rossi are decent, Jones, Bardsley and McShane are alright, and most of the others fade away. Seems plausible, I suppose. Would probably be better if Rossi was better and Eagles less so.

Of the next lot, the most promising are apparently Darron Gibson, Ritchie Jones and Frazer Campbell, though I haven't seen enough of this lot to offer a proper opinion.
 

Big Andy

Is really a midget
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
31,580
The Wizard said:
Andy,

This sounds very strange, as I've set Gill to be very patient and lenient. Were you giving board ultimatums every other week or anything like that?
no... :(

I asked them to expand the stadium, but never gave them an ultimatum..

The real reason they gave was "they were disappointed with my league position"

I'd been in 8th most of the season, but a late surge propelled me up the table...

The lanky, miserable bastard.

I was doing ever so well, I'd even made an enemy of Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho...
 

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
24,190
Location
YSC
The Wizard said:
Good man Andy... this is the kind of info I'm looking for ;)

Seriously though, if any of the regulars here on the board want to be added to the game, into the master database let me know and I'll sort it out.

You'll be 'fictiona lstaff' but there is an option to have them included when you start a new game. You'll then appear in the game, so you can sign up 'yourself' :)

As good as Rio afterall ;)
I'll definitely be up for the fictional staff thing, and can give you as much information as I have about the reserves/youth. You should also check out the reserves/youth reports sticky (but shouldn't believe the hype about Blake, IMO).
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
sincher said:
Of the next lot, the most promising are apparently Darron Gibson, Ritchie Jones and Frazer Campbell, though I haven't seen enough of this lot to offer a proper opinion.
Id go along with that, those three are probably the stand out ones along with Fabian Brandy. The young Nardiello (U16s) is doing very well at the moment but I suspect thats mainly because of his size advantage. Puustinan is a bit overrated in the game IMO because he has never looked anything special to me when ive seen him.
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
sincher said:
I'll definitely be up for the fictional staff thing, and can give you as much information as I have about the reserves/youth. You should also check out the reserves/youth reports sticky (but shouldn't believe the hype about Blake, IMO).
:nono:

I wont have you bad mouthing Blake. Hes been great this season, really made the step up to reserves and has improved greatly since last year, also our top goal scorer in the reserves. Im not sure whether he will make it or not at United but he has still been very good and its a shame about his broken leg, hopefully he wont go the same way as Collett did.
 

MancFanFromManc

Full Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2001
Messages
7,497
Location
RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
The Wizard said:
Andy,

This sounds very strange, as I've set Gill to be very patient and lenient. Were you giving board ultimatums every other week or anything like that?
I think it was his poor language that got him the sack, and playing himself at centre half ahead of Wes and Mickey :smirk:

Now we're all on your team. Shouldnt you post a link so we can download the game for free - purely from a research point of view naturally.

:D
 

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
24,190
Location
YSC
Dubai_Devil said:
:nono:

I wont have you bad mouthing Blake. Hes been great this season, really made the step up to reserves and has improved greatly since last year, also our top goal scorer in the reserves. Im not sure whether he will make it or not at United but he has still been very good and its a shame about his broken leg, hopefully he wont go the same way as Collett did.
Fair enough - maybe you've seen more of him than me. He's never impressed me very much - I think he makes up for serious weaknesses in his game with his pace.
 

Looking Busy

Full Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
22,000
Location
Between a bad girls thighs
The Wizard said:
Lads,

All these players are in the game as it stands now. I'm very well aware of them, I watch all the reserve games live on MUTV too...

I’ve over 100 United players in the game (split over the 3 teams we have) with a fair degree of accuracy. It’s probably a better question for the lads that play the game, and who find a particular player is way ‘off’.

I’d also advise people to use the latest patch WITH data update before mentioning any errors, as I made a lot of additions and changes with that one.

Cheers.
In FM2005 Lee Martin's stats were terrible, he's should be improved.
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
sincher said:
Fair enough - maybe you've seen more of him than me. He's never impressed me very much - I think he makes up for serious weaknesses in his game with his pace.
You are right to a certain extent with him being slightly overrated by some people on here but that happens a lot with young players anyway. IMO you are selling Blake a bit short, yes he is not the most technically gifted player but he is strong, a good finisher and chases everything.
 

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
26,024
Location
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
sincher said:
Fair enough - maybe you've seen more of him than me. He's never impressed me very much - I think he makes up for serious weaknesses in his game with his pace.
That used to be the case. This season though his all round game has been excellent. Not just pace anymore as he arguably was a few years ago, very strong, good in the air, decent movement as far as I can tell and good finishing ability too.

IMO if he hadnt have been injured, he would have got a shot in the first team before Rossi, because physically he's already ready for the Premiership.
 

Dubai_Devil

Guest
Can you say someone is already ready? Well I guess you just did. Nice one.
 

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
24,190
Location
YSC
VanNistelrater said:
That used to be the case. This season though his all round game has been excellent. Not just pace anymore as he arguably was a few years ago, very strong, good in the air, decent movement as far as I can tell and good finishing ability too.

IMO if he hadnt have been injured, he would have got a shot in the first team before Rossi, because physically he's already ready for the Premiership.
Thanks Van. Good news, then. Let's hope he continues developing at that rate.
 

Pronewbie

Peep
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,338
Location
In front of My Computer
The Wizard said:
Lads,

All these players are in the game as it stands now. I'm very well aware of them, I watch all the reserve games live on MUTV too...

I’ve over 100 United players in the game (split over the 3 teams we have) with a fair degree of accuracy. It’s probably a better question for the lads that play the game, and who find a particular player is way ‘off’.

I’d also advise people to use the latest patch WITH data update before mentioning any errors, as I made a lot of additions and changes with that one.

Cheers.
Aha! But Djemba Djemba's name's still wrong.
In actual fact, it's Jim Pakistan.
 

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
26,024
Location
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
sincher said:
Thanks Van. Good news, then. Let's hope he continues developing at that rate.
Yep, I mean by no means am I saying he's the next Pele or something, but he's definately improved over the years. I remember seeing him in the Youth Cup final and he was alright but mainly just pace, a bit gangly. This year I think everyone at the club has been suprised by his progress, certainly Fergie has been impressed as he gave him a run out in the League Cup. I think he's our top scorer too, or was until he broke his leg. He and Rossi had an incredible partnership going upfront, Footballs a cruel game.

Frazer Campball is hammering them in aswell, top scorer in the Medetaranian tournament we've just won, which had some decent teams in it towards the end, Athletico Madrid, Espanyol etc..

Dunno whats happened to Ngalula though, is he injured? Hasnt played in the last few reserve games or even made the bench.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.