Gaming Football Manager 2011

Brophs

The One and Only
Is that with past experience as an international footballer? Your experience/reputation can affect job offers like that.
Not sure what I set it at. But do you reckon a manager in his fifth year of management (1 in League 2, 2 in League 1 and 2 in the Championship) ought to be getting those offers, regardless of playing experience?

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Not sure what I set it at. But do you reckon a manager in his fifth year of management (1 in League 2, 2 in League 1 and 2 in the Championship) ought to be getting those offers, regardless of playing experience?

Nope, but it was worth a shout.

That gif doesn't have anything to do with this conversation, but I just saw it while hightly sli and it blew my mind.

Crustanoid

I'm set as Sunday League footballer and kept getting job offers from La Liga clubs

nimic

something nice
Scout
Hamsik just missed penalties in both legs of the Champions League semi vs Barcelona. That is after Vidal got himself sent off for almost killing Busquets, which is understandable enough. I'm still going to go through, barring an amazing comeback.

SCM

Currently first in the BSP in my 3rd season in the game with about 12 games gone so far, having a break due to getting a new computer so still sorting out the games to be installed but backed everything up first so i can continue where i left off. Have a feeling if i dont get promoted this season i am out the door with the board not paying a decent wage per week for me to build a team to do well. Hopefully i can sort it out if some players that requested a transfer for not playing go out the door but considering the lack of quality of the 4 on the transfer list i am not hopeful of them selling.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
can somebody help me, ive had this problem for a while..

i run football manager through steam, but wish to download an edited database to have a "world league" but where do i save the file?

kietotheworld

can somebody help me, ive had this problem for a while..

i run football manager through steam, but wish to download an edited database to have a "world league" but where do i save the file?
In 'My Documents' there should be a folder called 'Sports Interactive', and inside that, 'Football Manager 2011'. Once you're there, create a folder called 'Editor Data' and put the file into that.

Then start a new game, and there should be a tick box at the bottom saying 'Change', tick that and pick 'World League' on the next screen, then start up as normal.

UnitedBoy

In 'My Documents' there should be a folder called 'Sports Interactive', and inside that, 'Football Manager 2011'. Once you're there, create a folder called 'Editor Data' and put the file into that.

Then start a new game, and there should be a tick box at the bottom saying 'Change', tick that and pick 'World League' on the next screen, then start up as normal.
wow thanks alot, so simple

Mighty Boosh

Just about to start a new game with United, this will be my first time managing one of the top sides as I usually prefer the challenge of taking on lower league clubs and leading them up the leagues. Any tips on transfers both in and out or formations that get the best out of the current side?

Jonno

After concentrating on my FC United of Manchester save, I am in April 2016 and I have just clinched the Coca Cola League 2 title, pretty much walked it.

My squad should be capable of a play-off spot in League 1 with 4 or 5 good signings. I have yet to spend a penny on players in my 6 seasons and 4 promotions, and I intend on keeping it that way.

Jonno

Yeah, they've never quite gotten job offers right. I'm playing as Bradford and in my second season in the Championship (ended up 12th or 13th) I got job offers from Barca, Inter, Arsenal, Man City and Dortmund. Utterly daft.
Thats strange, I have been getting mid-bottom Premiership club offers and I am top of League 2, but I have managed 4 promotions with FC United, so I can kind of understand why because of my managerial age, and the fact I'm English

Jonno

Just about to start a new game with United, this will be my first time managing one of the top sides as I usually prefer the challenge of taking on lower league clubs and leading them up the leagues. Any tips on transfers both in and out or formations that get the best out of the current side?
Try to get rid of the huge loans that the Glazers have against the club, I think they finish in 2017, if you can still be top of the league with good players, then job done!

nimic

something nice
Scout
That was my O'Shea moment. Now that you mention it, the 4-3 goal came in the 89th minute, completely out of nowhere, from my defensive midfielder who was yet to score for the club. And what a goal! He made the scousers cry :lol:

Jonno

That was my O'Shea moment. Now that you mention it, the 4-3 goal came in the 89th minute, completely out of nowhere, from my defensive midfielder who was yet to score for the club. And what a goal! He made the scousers cry :lol:
If only on FM you could tell which end the Kop is at...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My chairman accepted an offer without my say so. Two weeks later the board give me a confidence update and say they are disappointed in the departure of him. :houllier:

Cina

Ah, so a third of a season in with my new Utd save where transfers were not allowed, all was going rather well, and then this happens.

FUUFUFUFUFUUUUUUUUUU

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Can anyone with an advanced save tell me how Xherdan Shaqiri turns out? He's looking decent at 21 on my save.

I saved my RM save again as a duplicate, then resigned on one of them just for the craic, 9 staff members walked out after I left and RM hired Ancelotti from City, City in turn offered me a contract, I said get on your bike, so they hired Mourinho from Inter and Inter immediately hired some unknown guy.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Hammered no. 3 in the league 6-1 and the former FC United manager seems to have liked the performance:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
79 minutes, losing.
*Attacking/Overload*
90, 2 minutes of time added on.
Final whistle.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started a new game and put all my mates in there as talented 16/17 year olds at Swindon. Wanted to become a legend there and build them up from League One. Played a similar style to Barcelona and was second in the league then Jan came about and all the big clubs came in and nicked my players. Chairman accepted most of the offers on my behalf and they were only £1m-ish. Ruined it. Is there a way to prevent this? I put their loyalty up to 20 as well.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I started a new game and put all my mates in there as talented 16/17 year olds at Swindon. Wanted to become a legend there and build them up from League One. Played a similar style to Barcelona and was second in the league then Jan came about and all the big clubs came in and nicked my players. Chairman accepted most of the offers on my behalf and they were only £1m-ish. Ruined it. Is there a way to prevent this? I put their loyalty up to 20 as well.
Decent job being second with only 2 players in the team!

Don't think you'll be able to hold on to the players. Even after you get promoted the big teams will keep trying to get them and eventually you'll lose them one way or another. I suppose changing the chairman's stats could prevent him from accepting an offer though, but I'm pretty certain the players will eventually demand a transfer even with high loyalty.

LARulz

Edit your chairman. Change his interference to 1 or something like that

Ballache

Supports
Martial
So i got offered 20 mill for Rafael, am i stupid for rejecting it?? won the CL, Fa Cup and League cup in my second season. Had a 20 mill offer for Jones accepted but he was not interested in moving to United!! so trying to get kjaer now.

UnitedBoy

So i got offered 20 mill for Rafael, am i stupid for rejecting it?? won the CL, Fa Cup and League cup in my second season. Had a 20 mill offer for Jones accepted but he was not interested in moving to United!! so trying to get kjaer now.
nah better off selling evra for 20 mil imo, play fabio and rafael, they are amazing

UnitedBoy

i have 48 shots at goal yesterday, 12 on target..

i keep everyone long range shooting to a minimum.

Masterplan

AKA united07
change their asking price to £0, and then set it to reject all offers, works for me

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
This probably isn't much help, but since you're getting desperate I'll try anyway :)

He signed for Fulham in 2015 in one of my saves for about €13m. Got an average rating for 7.20 in his first five matches and scored a goal as well. Took over at United to scout him and he was rated to be about as good as the current wingers there.

Masterplan

AKA united07
on my game united signed him for just under £3m he didnt get that many games went out on loan for the next 3 seasons to newcastle, fulham and german club, average rating between 6.8-6.9, then united sold him to lazio in 2014 for the same price they bought him for originally

Sw33t

Probably a stupid question, but how do I insert players in to the game?

Wanna start my own experiment thing with some mates and whatnot, but aint got a clue what to do lol.