Gaming Football Manager 2014

Levo

Band of Brothers
Perhaps Juve, and sell your strikers for AM's?

Crazy, not even free agents and non-contracts?

Are you under an embargo, perhaps?
Possibility, hadn't really thought of them. The furthest forward is a Shadow Striker so could keep Tevez and someone like Giovinco, will give them a look in a bit. Cheers.

MJLD

I need a team from England from either the old division 3 or 4(sky bet 1/2 or whatever). Any suggestions? Was thinking Wolves, but not sure.

Edit: Went with Coventry. Expected to finish last in league 1, 0 transfer budget, minus wage budget and a -10 point start. feck.
I know you've already started one, but I enjoyed Wolves on FM13, took them to the Premier League but couldn't break the top 4. For a few seasons I was finishing 5th or 6th, having dropped off towards the end of the league season. I won the Europa League though.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
So verifying the cache via Steam didn't work. Weird. Usually fixes those things. Ask on the SI forums then.
Verified Cache, tried other servers, activated beta Steam, at one stage it changed to error 16, then back to 2......
Possibility, hadn't really thought of them. The furthest forward is a Shadow Striker so could keep Tevez and someone like Giovinco, will give them a look in a bit. Cheers.
Not bad, sounds like they should do the job well.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If you did it with united you'd only have to sell RVP and Hernandez. You could even keep RVP and retrain as a RWIF

Levo

Band of Brothers
If you did it with united you'd only have to sell RVP and Hernandez. You could even keep RVP and retrain as a RWIF
Already got a United save which is in 2019 so it'd be a waste restarting with them, the tactic players with 3 CB's, 2 WB's, 2 DM's, 2 AM's and a SS. Like this:

----------GK---------
----CB----CB----CB--
WB--DM-----DM---WB
-----CM-----CM------
---------SS----------

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm going to delete all of my saves, fiddle a bit with the potential of some people to be higher than i think it should maybe be (Januzaj, Barkley etc) and start with Cardiff.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
It's taken 27 games, but I'm finally off the bottom of the league after a -10 points deduction with Coventry. Was doing a lot of faffing about with 4231 and 433 earlier on in the year and wasnt doing too well, but since I've went to a direct 442 we've been doing much better. Still 10 points off safety, but hopeful I can stay up.

Nickosaur

I'm going to delete all of my saves, fiddle a bit with the potential of some people to be higher than i think it should maybe be (Januzaj, Barkley etc) and start with Cardiff.
Aye, Barkley's hit and miss. Was unfortunately pretty shit in my save.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Struggling with AS Saint Etienne, slightly, still in the relegation zone, 18th, but with 2 games in hand on 17th, who are 3 points ahead. Doing well in various cups though, reaching targets, or easy fixtures.

January now, think I've strengthened well, just a few sales needed now, perhaps. Funnily, in late Dec. I asked for some transfer coin, and the duly obliged, Jan. 1st, got a mesage saying they were giving me another 5.5m. Fukkin' sweet, was able to land a good CM I'd begged them for(and they'd said no). 3.5* CA, 4.5* PA, currnet CM's are all 2.5* CA&PA. Also got a new LB, other CM, and AM that I'd needed.

Little more focus in the league now, and hopefully I keep my job.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Got Portsmouth promoted with 106 points. Going to do a new career with Wolves.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Someone said before, but the range of that -9 deal is a too wide. In no save should Barkley be "pretty shit", tbh.
What are the ranges of the negative potentials nowadays? I'm tempted to fill the game with a shit load of talent and replace all of the negatives with the upper-threshold of each one.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
There's a 16 year old AML(IF) in AS Saint Etienne's youth squad, 5* potential, I'd love to know if he's generated or real, dropped him straight in my first team, average rating of 7.5, and 5 goals, impressive considering most of his apps are from the bench.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
There's a 16 year old AML(IF) in AS Saint Etienne's youth squad, 5* potential, I'd love to know if he's generated or real, dropped him straight in my first team, average rating of 7.5, and 5 goals, impressive considering most of his apps are from the bench.
What's his name?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Actually, feck the idea of replacing all of the negative PAs with fixed values, it goes from three -10s, to a hundredish -9s, then over a thousand -8s. I'll just edit the United youngsters and pretend we've got a golden generation.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Actually, feck the idea of replacing all of the negative PAs with fixed values, it goes from three -10s, to a hundredish -9s, then over a thousand -8s. I'll just edit the United youngsters and pretend we've got a golden generation.
:drool:

Surprised there are only 3 -10's tbh, though they could have got 10 or so.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I loaded every player from Europe. Wasn't a good idea.

Quite predictably they are:

Pogba, Balanta and Marquinhos
Oh, I knew who they were..... :drool:

Yep, i can understand that! I have like 5 or 6 leagues loaded usually. And that's mostly just the major European ones.
That's about what I usually have, got four this time around, just for a bit of speed, wanted to avoid England, Spain and Italy anyway.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I always load the top 20 UEFA Coefficients (well most of them, they aren't all playable nations), as well as Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I used to load every single player. Game would take about 2 hours to load up.

Minkaro

Trying to decide whether to sell Adnan at the end of the season (2017-18). He's just picked up yet another nasty injury, so I'm thinking it might be best to cash in on him now, before he gets another one that takes his value down. He's only 22 though, and he has a 3 1/2 star potential rating, so maybe it'd be worth sticking with him.

RedMist99

Anything I can do about Jovetic's injury problems? I am not joking when I say every time he plays he ends up with a light injury and has to be brought off.

He only managed 15 games for me in a whole season. I remember a few years ago you could ask for physio advice or something but I can't find anything similar on this game

Nickosaur

Fabio was exactly the same for me. Used him as back up for Evra in the first season, but whenever he started, he almost always would have to come off at HT as he'd picked up an injury or a knock. Frustrated the feck out of me so I sold him...for £13m to Corinthians :cool:

Injuries frustrate me more than anything in FM, so if I have an injury prone player, I'll get rid unless they are really, really good.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Managed to turn around Saint Etienne's season, lost in the QF of the Coupe de la Ligue to PSG, but I had reached the boards goal, in the QF of the French Cup, and the Europa, and settling in around 9th place in the league. The squad was too strong not to, I believe if I had the full season, I could have gotten them a CL place, but somehow their former manager had gotten them to late Oct. with zero wins and shattered confidence.

Going with a slightly odd formation,

CF​
W/IF-------T---------W​
-----------BTB​
A-------​
WB----CB----CB----WB​
Midfield plays like Man Utd, one CM running all over, and one CM sitting back controlling things, ready to choke off counters, the "Carrick" role.​
If the trequartista was replaced with a workrate player doing a Rooney style job, the whole team would be very United-ish.​

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Jari Litmanen, at 43 years old was available for free and 300 pound a week. I couldnt resist! He'll probably do feck all, and that £300 p/w would probably be much better off spent on a younger player, but it's Jari Litmanen, for League 2!