Gaming Football Manager 2019

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Are my players still going to get really pissy with me when I congratulate them on their first international goal?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are my players still going to get really pissy with me when I congratulate them on their first international goal?
I don't think I played that great. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Player now unhappy.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't think I played that great. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Player now unhappy.
My favourite thing about FM 18 was trying to do a squad overhaul at United.

Sell Blind. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts an apologises for kicking off.

Sell Fellaini. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Sell Rojo. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Sell Zlatan. Young wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Young we have other leaders. Young accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Don't register Young in any squads. Offer Young to clubs. Brighton make loan offer with option to buy. Accept. Young wants to stay and fight for place.

Don't register Darman in any squads. Offer Darmian to clubs. AC Milan make £15 million offer. Accept. Darmian wants to stay and fight for place.

Reach November. Young puts in transfer request because he feels he doesn't have a future at the club. Agree. Place Young on transfer list.

Darmian is unhappy that Young is transfer listed because he feels he's an important player. Tell Darmian he can join him if he's unhappy. Darmian apologises and promises to concentrate on his football. Darmian isn't playing football because he's not registered to any squads.

Reach January. Release Young to Huddersfield on a free. Darmian wants to know why I've sold Young because he feels he's an important player. Rest of squad is happy I kept promise made to Young. Tell Darmian he can join him if he's unhappy. Darmian apologises and promises to concentrate on football.

Forced to register Darmian to squads because of full-back injury crisis. Darmian plays one Premier League game against relegation threatened Burnley. Gets 7.9 rating. Darmian requests new contract for impressive performance. Tell Darmian he won't be getting one.

Darmian requests transfer.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
My favourite thing about FM 18 was trying to do a squad overhaul at United.

Sell Blind. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts an apologises for kicking off.

Sell Fellaini. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Sell Rojo. Zlatan wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Zlatan we have other leaders. Zlatan accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Sell Zlatan. Young wants to know why I've sold a leader in the dressing room. Tell Young we have other leaders. Young accepts and apologises for kicking off.

Don't register Young in any squads. Offer Young to clubs. Brighton make loan offer with option to buy. Accept. Young wants to stay and fight for place.

Don't register Darman in any squads. Offer Darmian to clubs. AC Milan make £15 million offer. Accept. Darmian wants to stay and fight for place.

Reach November. Young puts in transfer request because he feels he doesn't have a future at the club. Agree. Place Young on transfer list.

Darmian is unhappy that Young is transfer listed because he feels he's an important player. Tell Darmian he can join him if he's unhappy. Darmian apologises and promises to concentrate on his football. Darmian isn't playing football because he's not registered to any squads.

Reach January. Release Young to Huddersfield on a free. Darmian wants to know why I've sold Young because he feels he's an important player. Rest of squad is happy I kept promise made to Young. Tell Darmian he can join him if he's unhappy. Darmian apologises and promises to concentrate on football.

Forced to register Darmian to squads because of full-back injury crisis. Darmian plays one Premier League game against relegation threatened Burnley. Gets 7.9 rating. Darmian requests new contract for impressive performance. Tell Darmian he won't be getting one.

Darmian requests transfer.

sounds like you are a bad manager

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
sounds like you are a bad manager
Generally my tactics work for around 5 games before I start getting tonked by everyone until I change it up again, so you might be right.

roseguy64

A first look at the actual game via Miles and the FM Show hosts. They're playing through it.

He also explains they don't know when the beta will be out. They're just sticking to the 2 week window for now.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Revamped tactics.

Revamped ui

Revamped home screen

Revamped training

There's the FM 'New' features bingo card.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
A first look at the actual game via Miles and the FM Show hosts. They're playing through it.

He also explains they don't know when the beta will be out. They're just sticking to the 2 week window for now.
More near post cross goals. Fantastic! :boring:

Castia

The state of that match engine after all these years (I won’t move away from 2D because anything else is unplayable)

I’ve played FM for 20 years and I’m starting to despise the lazy fooks who make it.

It’s a shame they have no competition because they are releasing the same shit year on year there’s no innovation what so ever.

Still I’ll buy it day 1!!! They have me by the balls.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
The new tactics module is a good addition, especially for those less familiar with the game engine. Now you have playing style presets which you can build on from.

If you skipped FM18 now this would be a good time to get back into the series.

JB08

So who are we all planning to manage in our first save? I usually do United but also interested in managing Dortmund, partly to try my best at developing Jadon Sancho. Oh, and Bristol City, too.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So who are we all planning to manage in our first save? I usually do United but also interested in managing Dortmund, partly to try my best at developing Jadon Sancho. Oh, and Bristol City, too.
Same, first with United and then either Bundesliga or unemployed looking for jobs in lower leagues.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've already decided I'm going to manage Plymouth Argyle. Really can't wait for this years version as I skipped 2018.

Jagga7

I haven't picked up FM in years but am somewhat excited for this years version. I read the BETA will be out tomorrow or Friday.

dr.twinny

Same, first with United and then either Bundesliga or unemployed looking for jobs in lower leagues.
I pretty much do the same along with clubs from Italy. Wanna try a Spanish save this time around that I can stick with. Any interesting clubs that y'all would recommend?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't wait for one of my squad players requesting a transfer which gets the rest of my squad all up in arms because I'm "showing a lack of ambition". Was almost tempted to leave it a year until the 2020 version came out but I can't resist.

Skizzo

I pretty much do the same along with clubs from Italy. Wanna try a Spanish save this time around that I can stick with. Any interesting clubs that y'all would recommend?
I had fun doing a Bilbao one, mostly due to their restrictions with Basque players. Made an interesting twist since I’m usually crap at sticking with my self-imposed rules. They have a decent squad, but it definitely takes some work, time, and good youth to consistently try and challenge the big Spanish teams.

dr.twinny

I had fun doing a Bilbao one, mostly due to their restrictions with Basque players. Made an interesting twist since I’m usually crap at sticking with my self-imposed rules. They have a decent squad, but it definitely takes some work, time, and good youth to consistently try and challenge the big Spanish teams.
That pretty sums up why my Bilbao save didn't last long. Got bored with it before the season ended.

dr.twinny

I'll give them another try this time around hoping it'll be a more fun save. I hardly watch La Liga outside the big 3, so what smallish clubs are decent enough to have a save?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I reckon Wolves would be a good team to start with. Decent players and a good transfer budget.

Sort of like playing with Spurs around 2007-2008, when they signed Modric, etc. So much fun to build upon it and make them a CL contender.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'll give them another try this time around hoping it'll be a more fun save. I hardly watch La Liga outside the big 3, so what smallish clubs are decent enough to have a save?
Villarreal are always one of my saves. Small population, so even with prolonged success a new stadium will only be about 30k in attendance.

JB08

Real Betis are certainly a great idea. They are really on the up and have some great players now, such as Marc Bartra and William Carvalho.

pascell

I often go for Mallorca, they often start in debt and poor facilities and take them to the top. I enjoy the challenge of building everything up to the best standard, usually it takes 6 months to build new training and youth facilities so it's not as if it all comes together over night.

dr.twinny

Cheers guys! Those teams mentioned do sound promising.

Damnit, can't wait for that beta! :drool:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
By "revamped" tactics does that just mean they've made tactics more complicated now and it's just gonna take up loads of time?

Last few FMs I've had I've played the 'touch' version because it's too much effort to play the full one properly.

Hoof the ball

By "revamped" tactics does that just mean they've made tactics more complicated now and it's just gonna take up loads of time?

Last few FMs I've had I've played the 'touch' version because it's too much effort to play the full one properly.
Basically, yes.

Ever wanted to play in a deep block and transition quickly? or play a slow, controlled possession football game with an intense press starting from the middle of the field rather than in the opponents initial 3rd?

That's essentially what they've done. Created the ability for you to micro-manage team instructions based on variables.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto

No, it's much easier this version than it has been since early FM versions. Now you have presets and it's much clearer what each instruction do in practice. For instance, in previous versions, most players thought wrongly about mentalities and team shape. Each mentality has a preset of invisible tactical instructions like Attacking, for instance, increases you closing down, tempo, defensive line, tackling, passing directness, etc. Which doesn't necessarily translate into the typical more "offensive" style of football. To play a slow tempo possession game you would often need to play as "counter". In this year's FM all these "under the hood" instructions are more clear and organized as team styles. So you can pick a basic template for your team like tiki taka possession, fast direct transitions, park the bus and so on.

I always stay away from the Beta though, there are usually some major bugs and can be troublesome to keep playing the same save in the full game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think I’ve actually enjoyed a FM game since CM01/02 with something like 05/06/07/08/09 squad updates.

I’m guessing someone still does the same 01/02 patches?