Gaming Football Manager 2019

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Skipped to season 2 as I do every year and been given a £350 transfer budget with United. This will be fun :drool:
Thought the beta was one season?

I also hate starting this year and buying players that aren’t in the current squad cause it just doesn’t feel right or realistic.

dr.twinny

What does that mean? Thinking of buying but will it not work if they are recycling codes or something?
Re: geo-restrictions? If you're in the UK, you have to purchase the code for the UK market or else it won't install correctly on Steam.

If I remember correctly, you're in Ireland Geebs? So I guess the EU version should work for you.

Last edited:

Woodzy

Thought the beta was one season?

I also hate starting this year and buying players that aren’t in the current squad cause it just doesn’t feel right or realistic.
Nope, it’s the full game.

I ended up spending near £500m after player sales. Mbappe, Pjanic , Ruben Neves, De Ligt, Pavard, Tierney, Ronaldo Vieira, Butland

Arsenal splashing the cash too - Skriniar, Alex Sandro and Hazard to name a few.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Re: geo-restrictions? If you're in the UK, you have to purchase the code for the UK market or else it won't install correctly on Steam.

If I remember correctly, you're in Ireland Geebs? So I guess the EU version should work for you.
I liked it because you said they were a legit dealer.

I used to work for a company who provided their own proprietary software. This 3rd party site (whose name I can’t remember right now) used to sell software online but they’d provide you with a key and a link. Basically the key was genuine but they sold it over and over again until customers started coming to us with issues and we’d find out that their key is not valid and would have it blocked. We’d warn customers not to buy from said crowd and point them to the genuine thing. We were constantly sending this crowd legal warnings, they’d stop for a while then pop up again with a different site doing the same again

This is why I’m VERY wary of buying keys online

dr.twinny

Ah apologies. Yeah I was wary of buying from them at first. But spent a lot of time researching reviews and such, and they checked out. The process was smooth though and FM was ready in my library in minutes.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
So, despite getting 89 points, losing ONE game, keeping TWENTY SEVEN clean sheets and conceding just TWELVE goals all season, this happened...

Minkaro

In my second league game I beat West Ham 2-1, with the winning goal coming after their right-back (I assume Zabaleta, I wasn't paying attention) passed back to Fabianski, who smashed it into Rashford. The ball bounced off the post, hit Fabianski, and Rashford tapped it in. I think this game has peaked already.

Also, I love team talks so much.

"Marouane, mate, you've been booked, so calm down a bit, yeah?"
*Fellaini looks delighted*
"No. Stop smiling. Focus. Calm. Now, Alexis, you're playing shit. Stop that. Do better at the football."
*Sanchez looks extremely delighted*
"Did you not hea...feck it, just go and play."

Oggmonster

Is FM any good on mobile/tablet? I've only ever bought it on PC but my laptop at home is knackered and I never use it so won't be buying a new one. Wouldn't mind playing FM though again if it's good on a mobile.

Thanks

golden_blunder

Staff
Is FM any good on mobile/tablet? I've only ever bought it on PC but my laptop at home is knackered and I never use it so won't be buying a new one. Wouldn't mind playing FM though again if it's good on a mobile.

Thanks
I played FM2018 on both iPad and iPhone. I thought it was fine. Only gripe is couldn’t find a way to update the transfers short of buying the editor and doing it myself

Oggmonster

I played FM2018 on both iPad and iPhone. I thought it was fine. Only gripe is couldn’t find a way to update the transfers short of buying the editor and doing it myself
ah sound cheers I think I might give it a go, phone screen is a decent size anyway and it's cheaper than getting laptop fixed for it

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Simmed a season and took over as United. Made 'Carrick' the assistant in Jan 2019 so I could take over without it being a changed squad.

Bought Skriniar, Cancelo and Leon Bailey. Gonna play a 4-3-3 with a high press. The team is so fecked though. Midfield depth is crap and Fred is rated rubbish. Will take me a few seasons to get things how I want. Can't shift Smalling, Jones or Fellaini to save my life. Young and Valencia went for about 15m combined though.

Had to fend off bids for PSG for De Gea who tried to lowball the feck out of me. Also Barca for Pogba and Bailly. Annoying.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh and also Leon Bailey is out for 6 weeks the day before the first game of the season. Also out are Martial (3 weeks), Alexis (3 months) and Rashford.

Starting the first game with Lingard and Chong on the wings.

Woodzy

My first 'Football Manager moment' of this years edition. Jumped out of my seat... twice.

Woodzy

And opposite end of that. My next fixture is away to Spurs. This is going to be a fecking brutal end to the season.

Jagga7

Gegenpressing is too OP. Won back to back trebles with it. Just sold Lukaku to Madrid for 100 mill, he's been pretty mediocre for me.

Woodzy

That can't be your first season is it?
Second season, although I skipped the first so no transfers were made then. All those players were bought in the summer window. £350m given to spend, and £500m spent in total after player sales.

I've been given the square root of feck all to spend in season 3 however...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Finally bought the game. Started with ManUtd, easy to sell Lingard. Arsenal always makes the bid, sold him for 45 million. Just played for 2-3 hours.

Btw Liverpool are crazily overrated. Alisson is so much better than De Gea, TAA is arguably best RB in the game, Harry Wilson can start for any team in the league.

Tbh all EPL players are very much overrated. PL researchers think there are no bad players in PL.

Lastwolf

Pogba is such a ballbag, he puts in terrible performances then gets huffy about it, fell out with me over Tottenham putting in a bid of 35mil. Demanded that I play more youth for some reason, I had 4 under 18's in the 25man squad, who played like 35 matches between then in six months, got mad i didn't fulfil the promise, so I benched him for James Garner till the end of the season. Then wanted to see us sign more "high profile players". So dropped 400mil on Mbappe, that seemed shut him up and he started playing better than Herrera for the first time.

Mister_Stubbs

Finally bought the game. Started with ManUtd, easy to sell Lingard. Arsenal always makes the bid, sold him for 45 million. Just played for 2-3 hours.

Btw Liverpool are crazily overrated. Alisson is so much better than De Gea, TAA is arguably best RB in the game, Harry Wilson can start for any team in the league.

Tbh all EPL players are very much overrated. PL researchers think there are no bad players in PL.
I’m halfway through a lower league save but after 22 games Liverpool have won 19 and drawn 2, they are seriously overrated on this game.. might need to tone them down a bit on the editor if SI don’t themselves when full release comes out.

golden_blunder

Staff
Can you turn off the player interaction bit? It sounds a bit shit. I was looking forward to this release but it sounds not very good

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Zobnin from Spartak is a quality midfielder with great attributes, fits in a number of different roles too. Release clause of 13.5 Million but I got him for 10.5 Million. Bargain and my Matic replacement!

roonster09

Scout
I’m halfway through a lower league save but after 22 games Liverpool have won 19 and drawn 2, they are seriously overrated on this game.. might need to tone them down a bit on the editor if SI don’t themselves when full release comes out.
They won't downgrade them for sure going by the SI forum and Liverpool researcher's posts.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Will this work on 32 bit lubuntu does anyone know or am I just wasting my time? I dont use the 3D stuff.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Will this work on 32 bit lubuntu does anyone know or am I just wasting my time? I dont use the 3D stuff.
It doesn't have Linux support out of the box anymore, but with Steam Play it runs stable on my Ubuntu 64 bit laptop.

JB08

Carabao cup final. Most bonkers game of FM I've probably ever played. Hazard missing 3 pens and Chelsea getting 2 red cards :lol: insane.

Lastwolf

They calm down after that first season, they won everything that first year, after that finished 5th, I knocked them out of CL and are a looking to finish 5th again.

roonster09

Scout
Rony Lopes is very impressive in the game. Also for RB signed Kevin Mbabu from Young boys, his stats looks very good and also started season so well.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Carabao cup final. Most bonkers game of FM I've probably ever played. Hazard missing 3 pens and Chelsea getting 2 red cards :lol: insane.
Did he miss in the shootout too?

JB08

So, despite getting 89 points, losing ONE game, keeping TWENTY SEVEN clean sheets and conceding just TWELVE goals all season, this happened...

Season 2:

:(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Simmed a season and took over as United. Made 'Carrick' the assistant in Jan 2019 so I could take over without it being a changed squad.

Bought Skriniar, Cancelo and Leon Bailey. Gonna play a 4-3-3 with a high press. The team is so fecked though. Midfield depth is crap and Fred is rated rubbish. Will take me a few seasons to get things how I want. Can't shift Smalling, Jones or Fellaini to save my life. Young and Valencia went for about 15m combined though.

Had to fend off bids for PSG for De Gea who tried to lowball the feck out of me. Also Barca for Pogba and Bailly. Annoying.
So I'm doing really well. Top of the league by a point after seven games and I've already played away to Liverpool and Chelsea. Drew 0 - 0 away to Madrid in the CL as well ans battered Salzberg 7 - 1.

Finally got Leon Bailey back from his Community Shield injury and he's assisted 7 in 7 games since. Rashford and Martial have been great too, but Sanchez is finally fit in 4 days.

I've fecked myself at full-back though. I only have Luke Shaw and Cancelo. For some reason I let Dalot go on loan and forgot to remove the recall clause and I have no backup for Shaw really. Shaw and Cancelo are both currently injured and it's been a mixture of shoving Lindelof/Tuanzebe at RB and Phil Jones/Demi Mitchell at LB. Also I desperately need another DM to support Matic.

NoLogo

You gotta be kidding me. I feel for you @JB08 that's some tough results to take.

I intentionally decided this year against starting at Manchester United. I will take a different approach, starting out in Vanarama North, lowest manager rep possible, with FC United of Manchester and trying to work my way up to the Manchester United job one day. Playing a pretty standard 4-4-2 at home and a 4-2-2-2 with two DM away from home and completely beating expectations right now sitting in second place despite media prediction of 22nd. I rarely ever manager lower leagues but this is actually quite fun, despite the very tight budget of the club that I'm manging.

Last edited:

Mister_Stubbs

Svetozar Marković, 18 year old centre back from Partizan Belgrade.. can be bought for about 5m first season. Kid is amazing. Thank me later.