Gaming Football Manager 2019

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
You gotta be kidding me. I feel for you @JB08 that's some tough results to take.
:lol: it’s so frustrating, they are unrealistically good this year. I’ve resorted to forking out >£100m for Kane in an attempt to dethrone them. Besides, all I needed both seasons was a single point more...

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Finding this years edition a bit too easy. Played a season with PSG and half seasons with Real, Juve and City just to test tactics and get a feel for the game. The preset tactics are brilliant. Just a few tweaks here and there and you're set. City are pretty rubbish with AI Pep.

Anyone else getting a lot of injuries? Alisson's stats are insane. Best keeper in the game. I might start a long term save with Villa or Wolves when the game is fully released.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finding this years edition a bit too easy. Played a season with PSG and half seasons with Real, Juve and City just to test tactics and get a feel for the game. The preset tactics are brilliant. Just a few tweaks here and there and you're set. City are pretty rubbish with AI Pep.

Anyone else getting a lot of injuries? Alisson's stats are insane. Best keeper in the game. I might start a long term save with Villa or Wolves when the game is fully released.
Yes many. Apparently the latest patch toned it down.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Haven't played the full fat game for years. How time consuming is training? Can you realistically leave it to your assistant without him making an absolute balls up of it?

Also, any improvement on player interaction and team talks or are they still an annoying waste of time?

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
I'm thinking of buying it for my ipad/iphone. The last one I bought for my PC was FM 2013. I loved that game. But sadly, I don't have the time to play the full version anymore.

How good was the mobile version in recent years? Is it worth it?

Oaencha

I'm thinking of buying it for my ipad/iphone. The last one I bought for my PC was FM 2013. I loved that game. But sadly, I don't have the time to play the full version anymore.

It’s extremely bare bones and simplified. If you’re looking for anything in-depth you will be disappointed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They have made some data updates. Lukaku is downgraded from Beta.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

It's good, providing you enjoyed the FM of 10+ years ago.

Only downside for me is the smaller DB.

Marcelinho87

Any good or stick with 18? Loving my 18 save but I can retire if this is worth it...

Can get for £23 via that voidu site or whatever it is called.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

You are finding it easy because you are choosing to play PSG, Real, Juve and City. Come on dude...

I'm currently trying to avoid relegation with Plymouth Argyle - transfer kitty of £17k. Loving it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Is it worth getting if your laptop is a bit shit? Or will it be unplayable? I don't mind it being slow but as long as it'll actually work.
The good thing about it is that you can adjust it to be as big or as small as you want so if you restrict it to only 1 or 2 leagues then that will speed everything up considerably.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Any good or stick with 18? Loving my 18 save but I can retire if this is worth it...

Can get for £23 via that voidu site or whatever it is called.
What's the code to get it for £23? I only managed to see £27 earlier and I was debating

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Alright lads gonna git it now I'm hyped as feck! It's gonna be one heck of a weekend!

Wonder if I start with Porto as usual but it's a bit too easy. Last year I did a youth challenge with a newly promoted side to the russian 2nd division. You're not allowed to buy/loan any players and took me 6 seasons to win the first division title.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
What's the code to get it for £23? I only managed to see £27 earlier and I was debating
I'd be interested on that very same info. Thanks in advance!

Edit: perhaps he's refering to the Touch version which is cheaper.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I have a question for long term FM players, how do you feel about the tactical aspect of the game and the impact of your playstyles? For me personally I've always found a select group of tactics to be more powerful each ME. Like last year 3 up front would kill the opposition if you were Barca or Wycombe. This kind of ruins the game a bit for me because it makes me less inclined to tweak my tactics to the team, instead opting for whatever the ME considers to be best. It also makes me question the depth of the ME itself...

I wonder if anyone here considers them a really tactical FM player and could offer some insight into how tactics can be good/bad depending on your team.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I have a question for long term FM players, how do you feel about the tactical aspect of the game and the impact of your playstyles? For me personally I've always found a select group of tactics to be more powerful each ME. Like last year 3 up front would kill the opposition if you were Barca or Wycombe. This kind of ruins the game a bit for me because it makes me less inclined to tweak my tactics to the team, instead opting for whatever the ME considers to be best. It also makes me question the depth of the ME itself...

I wonder if anyone here considers them a really tactical FM player and could offer some insight into how tactics can be good/bad depending on your team.
Hey there. I consider myself a tactical FM player, always try to take inspiration from a real life example and make it work on FM. That's usually the challenge of the game. Breaking the ME is not very fulfilling to me as it's like a one trick pony. There were ways to take advantage of the ME other than the 3 strikers upfront, such as overloading the center to release wingers or wingbacks. The ai wouldn't change much if anything if you had most of your game through the middle.

Despite those things i don't think it's enjoyable personally. I know people who beat Real Madrid with Andorran teams in the CL using exploitable tactics. I mean, i used to download tactics some years ago but i never felt very good after winning trophies.

The greatest fun in FM is setting up a philosophy/inspiration and stick to it during the save. It's even more fun if you have one terrible season only to fix things up on the next and get the title, because it's more realistic if you think about it. Sticking with a philosophy makes everything more enjoyable. You pay attention to stats, to how the team plays, which players perform better in the system, which attributes you look to when scouting players and assembling the club's DNA, etc. I reckon it's a kind of serious way of playing but it's how i play the game!

I'm not sure I get your last question but I'll try to explain. In FM18 i did a couple saves only but mostly stuck to the 442. In one club i used a more hybrid type of 442, with technical and creative wingers cutting inside to try drag defensive teams out of position. In the other save, however, i had a team that had little technique and creativity, it was the a pure physical and energetic Russian midtable club, so the 442 was more about pressing high and playing direct into the space and battling for the ball. It worked amazingly well.

The trick in previous FM was to understand what different tactical options do which could be very misleading. For instance, on the first and strong club i used a less risky and more patient mentality (normal or counter) whilst with the weak side I would often use Attacking or Control. Why? because each mentality has already a specific set of instructions. The higher the mentality the higher the tempo, risk, passing directness, tackling, pressing, etc. For FM19 though it has been revamped and it's much easier to understand what settings do.

roonster09

Scout

3 upfront is killing every other tactic fit nearly 8-9 years. Even this year read it's very good.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I really like the steps they have taken on the tactical front, though I feel like they are a couple of years late with it. But AI squad management is still an utter mess. Let's take a look at Bayern:

18/19 - net spend: €208m
S. Bender - €20m 3 starts across competitions first season, 3 starts second season, then sold for €10m in winter
A. Rüdiger - €33m 5 starts across competitions, 11 starts second season, then sold for €18m to Huddersfield - they bought those two despite still having Süle, Boateng, Hummels and Martinez in the squad and Kovac's two favourite formations being set to 4141 and 4231
L. Klostermann - €42m, 5 starts in his first season, 6 starts in his second season
H. Ziyech - €44m in Winter, 7 starts in his first season, 1 start in his second season, then loaned out in winter and subsequently sold for €24m

19/20 - net spend: €184m
G. Simeone - €30m + hefty addons 4 starts, loaned out next season
M. Reus - €78m + 20m variables, 25 starts first season, 3 starts in his second season, now leaving on a free, because they only gave their record signing a two year contract
O. Ntcham - €35m, 18 starts first season, 4 starts second season
M. Pjaca - €36m in winter, 7 starts, loaned out in his second season
C. Kramer - €15m, 3 starts in his first season, 0 minutes in his second

19/20: net spend: €165m
Richardlison: €75(96)m, 14 starts

Leaving aside that budgets are completely fecked up because they seem to be tuned for PL sugar daddy level spending (I'd guess Bayern never net spend €150m over a three season period, let alone in a single season, three times in a row). CPU Bayern managed to finish 4th, 2nd and now 6th with that City-esque spending.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The injuries in this game are a f*cking joke.

roonster09

Scout
The injuries in this game are a f*cking joke.
It was reported during first week of Beta release, still they didn't fix it. Very poor, it's like you can't end the game without any injuries.

NoLogo

As someone who hasn't played since around FM 2007, do you guys reckon this a good one to get back into?
If you haven't played for this long you might wanna start out with FM Touch. It's much closer to the old school FM games than the full-blown game, which has become fairly complex at this stage. But yeah with your gap I reckon this year is as good as any year to come back into it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Does it have less clicks than last year?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was reported during first week of Beta release, still they didn't fix it. Very poor, it's like you can't end the game without any injuries.
Yep, if I finish a game without an injury I'm extremely surprised. Then usually one will happen in training instead. It's December and I've had Martial injured a total of 2 months, Alexis 2 months, Pogba 1 month, Lukaku 6 weeks, Cancelo 5 weeks, Shaw 5 weeks and Leon Bailey 5 weeks.

Does it have less clicks than last year?
Feels like it. I couldn't get into last years but addicted this time round.

roonster09

Scout
Yep, if I finish a game without an injury I'm extremely surprised. Then usually one will happen in training instead. It's December and I've had Martial injured a total of 2 months, Alexis 2 months, Pogba 1 month, Lukaku 6 weeks, Cancelo 5 weeks, Shaw 5 weeks and Leon Bailey 5 weeks.
I think I'm yet to play Shaw in the full version. Played him in beta. He was injured in preseason and then whenever he comes back, he gets injured in training.

Tierney is injured for 2-3 months, Bailly out for 3 months and then regular small injuries.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Started unemployed and got a job in April in Portuguese lower leagues. With only two games to go we would need to win twice and for a couple teams to do 0 points in the same amount of matches, to avoid relegation.

First game we lost 5-0 and they sacked me...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started unemployed and got a job in April in Portuguese lower leagues. With only two games to go we would need to win twice and for a couple teams to do 0 points in the same amount of matches, to avoid relegation.

:lol:

Classical Mechanic

Next game, start as Man City and drop a Middle Eastern oil field in Mbappe.