Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
10 would do me at this stage, he's played 10(2) with 0 goals and 1 assist ffs, time to stop giving him chances. 1st of Dec and the board have just given me £43m though so that'll do for now!
He was also injured for me a bit too.

Yeah was very similar to me with the money. Seem's a pretty nice club to start with, a relatively good starting team with little pressure and a bit of money.

Nickosaur

I seem to get 8 highlights per game where one of my CBs nearly scores from a corner. Header always goes over the bar. They arent terrible in the air but clearly not good enough.

So I've just found an absolute tank of a regen CB at Monaco. Argentinan, had a £50m bid accepted. He's 24, with 3 star current ability and 4.5 star potential ability. More importantly, he's 6ft10 (:lol:), jumping reach 18, heading 17. If he doesnt get a goal a game from corners then the game must be broken!

Berbaclass

I seem to get 8 highlights per game where one of my CBs nearly scores from a corner. Header always goes over the bar. They arent terrible in the air but clearly not good enough.

So I've just found an absolute tank of a regen CB at Monaco. Argentinan, had a £50m bid accepted. He's 24, with 3 star current ability and 4.5 star potential ability. More importantly, he's 6ft10 (:lol:), jumping reach 18, heading 17. If he doesnt get a goal a game from corners then the game must be broken!
I did that in my save with Malmo last year. Got a great set-piece taker and signed this 6"8 CM and constantly spammed it to him and he got 10-15 goals a season :lol:

Everton poached him off me though :(

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just won the league in first season in the last game - signed Vertongen and Werner, spent the rest on up and coming kids for the future.

Vertongen is losing stats now though.
Googled that myself earlier. Apparently it's something SI is fixing in terms of the match engine. It's silly. I think I see 5 missed 1 on 1 chances each game.
Thought they already put a fix in with the update? The problem for me is that you can end up getting far too many 1v1 chances than you really should so the game can't just have you scoring all of them or the scores will get even crazier than you can already make them, it's a difficult thing to balance I guess.

sebsheep

Committed the cardinal sin of finishing 2nd in the league to Liverpool and also runner up to them in the FA cup. Should probably just resign in shame.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Managed to win the Championship. My tactic and the influence of Gomes and Parrott (special mention to Mejbri) made it a formality. With Gomes in the side I basically had a 90% chance of winning the game and he rightfully won POTY. Finally got some money from the board and managed to reinvest it into the whole squad which needed a lot of changes as my first team was excellent (but mostly loan players) and my squad was generally League 1 - Championship level. Took the risk with reliance on loans as I was getting no funds and thought at least if I don't get a big budget on promotion my CV will make it easy to find another job. Quite happy with the purchases I've made. I didn't usually do this but every time I offer a contract I try and add in the optional extension. I hate the contract renewal process. Most of the lads I had to let go were because they were sitting on 5k a week and wanted 15-20k which they just weren't good enough for. Managed to get Garner back on loan for a year but Mejbri and Gomes are now starting at United and Parrott is rotating with Kane.

Tried really hard to get Obafemi from Southampton as they were relegated but they were being arseholes with negotiation. Set the asking price as 11m so I tried to wiggle around a bit and they got fed up and wanted 30m up front which just wasn't justifiable (I'm trying not to buy with installments). Ended up going to West Brom instead for 25m. Wanted Bellingham too but he was 25m release clause and that would have been most of my budget gone :(

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I swear my players just don’t score one on ones. It’s actually kind of crazy how infrequent it is.
You're not the only one who suffers there it been a common theme of this game.

I think the amount of 1 on 1s that get created and missed it would be better if they make them less frequent but a higher percentage of them are scored.

JTW95

Gullible sausage

sebsheep

Probably best if I don't pick up the game fully to join in on this one as I've been involved in a caf ww game this week so I've already been getting it in the neck from the missus. :lol:

sebsheep

Jesus, Sanchez has come back from his load £400k a week, no chance of selling this guy. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Traore and Zirkzee came up as players I could sign on a pre-contract. Really tried hard for Zirkzee but I wasn't able to offer anything more than 50k (My highest earner is only 30k but he's probably got one of the best potentials on the game) - he went to Bologna of all places for 60k a week. :( Traore rejected me to go to Madrid and be on the bench forever. Oh well. Hopefully I will be able to sign Gouiri after his loan...him and Capone are keeping me in the league. Moro has been crap, surprised by that.

Berbaclass

Traore and Zirkzee came up as players I could sign on a pre-contract. Really tried hard for Zirkzee but I wasn't able to offer anything more than 50k (My highest earner is only 30k but he's probably got one of the best potentials on the game) - he went to Bologna of all places for 60k a week. :( Traore rejected me to go to Madrid and be on the bench forever. Oh well. Hopefully I will be able to sign Gouiri after his loan...him and Capone are keeping me in the league. Moro has been crap, surprised by that.
Such an annoying feeling when you get rejected for another club. I've only been playing my Hertha Berlin save for a little over a year but fecking Dortmund have gone head to head with me for a few players and I missed out both times. Also once against Stuttgart which stung a little because they are a division below me and I was pretty excited about the player and he chose them :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
About to play Liverpool away in the last game of the season. Both teams on 96 points, they scored 99 and conceded 21 (GD of 78), I scored 97 and conceded 20 (GD of 77). Need a win to win the title.. couldn't beat Arsenal away in the 37th game to give myself a cushion. In my 4th season. First 3 seasons went like this:
  1. Liverpool 99 points, United 96
  2. Liverpool 93 points, United 87
  3. United 92 points, Liverpool 90
cnuts are too good in this game.

Edit: beat them 3-0. Greenwood my saviour.

Last edited:

Santos J

He was also injured for me a bit too.

Yeah was very similar to me with the money. Seem's a pretty nice club to start with, a relatively good starting team with little pressure and a bit of money.
Yeah I got rid in January, scored a penalty in his final game as his only contribution. :lol: Brought Gouiri in to replace him who's scored a few but not consistently, loads of room to grow though. Got Vinicius on loan too as he was unhappy, still listed so hopefully be able to pick him up on a permanent in the summer but he wants too much in wages for now. Thought we were heading for mid table but finally settled on a tactic starting with the Frieburg game and we've been great.

Schalke just ran away with it, they were 15 points clear from about November and just never slipped up, they won the Pokal too.

Decent season overall, the board love me as we were only expectedf to avoid relegation but the squads way too good for that and with the media prediction being 5th then 3rd is nothing crazy considering how shit Leipzig, Bayern & Gladbach were, still, not bad!

£90m budget for the summer and we're the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the league, they're definitely loaded. :lol:

SoCross

Downloaded the demo and it feels a bit clunky. Or is it just me?

Lay

Yeah I got rid in January, scored a penalty in his final game as his only contribution. :lol: Brought Gouiri in to replace him who's scored a few but not consistently, loads of room to grow though. Got Vinicius on loan too as he was unhappy, still listed so hopefully be able to pick him up on a permanent in the summer but he wants too much in wages for now. Thought we were heading for mid table but finally settled on a tactic starting with the Frieburg game and we've been great.

Schalke just ran away with it, they were 15 points clear from about November and just never slipped up, they won the Pokal too.

Decent season overall, the board love me as we were only expectedf to avoid relegation but the squads way too good for that and with the media prediction being 5th then 3rd is nothing crazy considering how shit Leipzig, Bayern & Gladbach were, still, not bad!

£90m budget for the summer and we're the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the league, they're definitely loaded. :lol:
The feck happened to Bayern?

Santos J

The feck happened to Bayern?
God knows, they were terrible. Flick got sacked in November when they were about 10thth, Bielsa came in and scraped them 5th but got sacked and now Poch is there!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone know where I can grab a key for £20 or less?

Due to consumer law they're not allowed to extend the free trial/put the game on sale after the free trial as you're only allowed to have special offers running for a limited period of time. Looks like the Sunderland save will be postponed for a while!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Such an annoying feeling when you get rejected for another club. I've only been playing my Hertha Berlin save for a little over a year but fecking Dortmund have gone head to head with me for a few players and I missed out both times. Also once against Stuttgart which stung a little because they are a division below me and I was pretty excited about the player and he chose them :(
Yeah, mega annoying. Just happened again to me with Willock. He was still at Arsenal and they weren't playing him at all. Tapped him up from January to May and had a 1m bid accepted because it was the end of his contract. Couldn't offer him anything more than 45k so added in a lot of bonuses to sweeten it. Finally got him to accept and it was for nothing as he signed a new contract with Arsenal for 70k. :(

Santos J

Anyone know where I can grab a key for £20 or less?

Due to consumer law they're not allowed to extend the free trial/put the game on sale after the free trial as you're only allowed to have special offers running for a limited period of time. Looks like the Sunderland save will be postponed for a while!
Don't think you can unfortunately. Most places hiked the prices literally the day after lockdown which I think is what encouraged the free trial a bit as there was a fair few people on twitter complaining about it. Cheapest I can see is £26.99 on CDKeys.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Don't think you can unfortunately. Most places hiked the prices literally the day after lockdown which I think is what encouraged the free trial a bit as there was a fair few people on twitter complaining about it. Cheapest I can see is £26.99 on CDKeys.
That was the cheapest I could find too. I don’t mind waiting a week or so for a sale to happen somewhere as they probably won’t release FM 21 at the usual time.

sebsheep

So Martial is relieved that I kept my promise not to sell him. He's currently is discussions with Leicester who I have accepted a £45m bid from. :nervous:

Berbaclass

So, I've watched 'Sunderland Till I Die' today and I felt sorry for them so I've started a save with them. Going very nicely so far.

Transfer wise I didn't want to do much as they should be more than good enough from the start to get promoted and I want to keep very tight control on the finances. Brought in Leko on loan from West Brom and Garner from United also on loan. as I needed a midfield playmaker and depth on the wing. I made one permanent signing, Stephen Kingsley from Hull for 375k as my options at LB were very limited.

My tactic:

My results so far:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So, I've watched 'Sunderland Till I Die' today and I felt sorry for them so I've started a save with them. Going very nicely so far.

Transfer wise I didn't want to do much as they should be more than good enough from the start to get promoted and I want to keep very tight control on the finances. Brought in Leko on loan from West Brom and Garner from United also on loan. as I needed a midfield playmaker and depth on the wing. I made one permanent signing, Stephen Kingsley from Hull for 375k as my options at LB were very limited.

My tactic:

My results so far:
I think that he must be offered to everyone that starts as Sunderland as I bought him too. You should easily win the title. The Squad you start with is too good for League 1 but needs a lot of investment. I came 1st, 9th and then 1st. Mainly due to loan players. Came 12th in my first season in the Prem and now in my 5th season. Dobson is the only player that remains.

Finances are really bad but when you get to the PL you're in very good shape and have a good budget to rebuild. I'd recommend trying to get Gomes or Parrot for the Champ, they tore it up.

Ludens the Red

My tactic:

My results so far:
Haha, I literally did the exact same thing about a month ago.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Bought the mobile version the other day. Started with United, but starting to get bored of how easy it is already.

Anyone had a decent lower league save with anyone interesting?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I don’t know how you guys so effortlessly creat these tactics that work from the get go. There are so many options and I seem to think you can decide on one, make your additions on that basis, keep it nice and simple and straight forward....and it’s a nightmare.

Constantly seem to be struggling for consistency on this version.

Berbaclass

Back on my Hertha Berlin save. About to start season 4 and I won my first title last season which I'm very happy with.

Also happy that I managed to win the league with Mason and Brandon Williams both in the team which was nice. Greenwood is so fecking good in this game it's unbelievable.

My team is pretty good now and I've moved further to strengthen this summer. Had a £95 Mil budget once again and I've blown it all on De Ligt as I think we're actually fairly stocked everywhere else. I even signed Aleñá in January who barely featured.

I have been using a fairly unusual tactic that I found online as I was lacking quality wingers and had loads of CAM's so I found a narrow 4-2-2-2 system online and tweaked it to fit my team and it was fantastic.

This is my team, my net spend is ~£300 Million which is a lot but I'm pretty set for a few years now as the majority of my team is still very young. I'm pretty excited to see how far the team can go over the next decade or so or until I get bored with the save.

Nickosaur

That Hertha tactic loooks mental @Berbaclass - i love it!

I've won the league with Brighton in season 7. Might give it a few more seasons to see if I can repeat my success and maybe get a run in Europe but already been thinking about a new save. Sunderland does seem like a good one. Also tempted to go much further down the ladder to get Dulwich Hamlet into the Premier League.

Or maybe a journeyman save could be fun, starting in an unknown league.

Ludens the Red

I don’t know how you guys so effortlessly creat these tactics that work from the get go. There are so many options and I seem to think you can decide on one, make your additions on that basis, keep it nice and simple and straight forward....and it’s a nightmare.

Constantly seem to be struggling for consistency on this version.
I think it’s handy to have a few different tactics because opposition use different set ups and sometimes you need to change to cater that. Other option is to download a tactic but then you won’t feel as satisfied (I think anyway) . What I’d say is don’t start off with a tactic you think would work or that is popular. Literally do whatever you want and like and work from there. There is no set working formation or tactic in this game.

Berbaclass

Pep is at PSG on my save and has spent 18 months trying to tap up Greenwood the big cnut.

Won the Bundesliga and Champions League last season!

I managed to prise TAA away from Liverpool for £95 Million but I've signed literally no one else because I think my team is pretty complete ATM.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Just finished my 2nd season with United winning the league and Europa after a massive spend.

Now trying to sign Havertz after selling Eriksen to Madrid, but he prefers Spurs who are currently managerless and finished 6th. This game is retarded...I signed Chilwell for 22m, but it took 75m to get Haaland who went for considerably less in real life.