Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm low key actually producing decent talents from my youth system now.

I tend to get disappointed when I constantly see 3.5* PA as the best to come through the intake but relative to my team that's very good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got a tiny bit bored and used the editor to make an affiliation with Cumbernauld colts in the Scottish second division. I’ll give them £5m per year and I send all my rubbish youth over there. Top of the Scottish second division with 6 games to go.

sebsheep

Won the league quite easily in the end, Bank balance is still concerning as we're nearly €1 million in the red now. No prize money has been handed out yet though.

So Eduardo fell off in the second half of the season. Went from 12 goals 3 assists in 18 to 16 goals 7 assists in 35. With an 18 hour goal drought in there. Maybe turning 37 was his undoing.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
There are some fantastic midfield talents in this game. In my Arsenal save I play a 4-3-3 with a DM, where I put Ilaix Moriba, as a Regista. In the other two positions I have Camavinga and Bellingham. All three are regulars in my second season at 17/18 years old, and espescially Moriba is superb. Finished the season with 30 PL games and an average rating of 7,55.
I was just looking at Moriba in my second season but posting £86M or whatever it was for a 17 year old was a bit much. Even though I can afford it.

sebsheep

1/2 way through the 1st part of the season (Greece has those leagues that split into 2), sitting in 5th place at the moment with a record of 6w 2d 5l from 13 games. It's been pretty good considering our finances didn't really allow for too much, they only gave me an extra 10k wage budget. Not sure getting into the top group would be great for morale as the teams currently in that group are just do much better than my squad.

Kept Eduardo on but managed to grab an understoody to take over his spot eventually. 21 Greek player who can also play as an AM so offers me some flexibility.
Holebas also joined on a free and has been doing well. No other big name signings but about 4-5 other free agents came in as players left/were sold.

Dan_F

Why does the Championship’s transfer window close earlier than the Premier Leagues :mad:

Lost my star left back, as he had a minimum release clause of £10 million which I forgot about. Chelsea are also owed half, but it has tripled my transfer budget by adding 4 million to it! Luckily I’ve signed a replacement who’s just as good, but he won’t come till Jan. Not ideal for my first season in the Championship.

sebsheep

Ended up 7th after the end of the 1st part of the league season, that meant we were put into the relegation group. Missed out on the championship group by 2 points, probably for the best really. Did have some good results in the 2nd half of this part. Had a run of 4 games against Panathinaikos, AEK Athens, Olympiakos and PAOK where I thought I'd lose all 4, we ended up beating Panathinaikos and AEK then losing to Olympiakos before getting a draw with PAOK. Had a record of 13w 4d 9l. Can't be relegated now so it's been a good season.

There seems to be no prize money in Greece, not entirely sure how the club is going to keep going. :lol:

NoLogo

So after dabbling a bit around with Dortmund and Porto but not finishing a season on any of those games I'm currently back on my United save going into I'm actually considering buying Bernardo Silva from Real Madrid. At the start of my third season he was bought by Real for 192M which means I reckon he would cost me a world record fee. Since I have a transfer budget of 586M € right now I wouldn't even mind having to spend in the region of €250M for him. Since he is a model citizen I think he would also make a great tutor for some of my newgens.

I'm also considering taking de Jong of Barca if they make an offer for Pogba who they are currently interested in since he is 4 years younger and doesn't look like a down grade at all. Oh yeah and also a model citizen and I think I want to have as many of them in my squad as I can once I start getting my hands on really good newgens.

NoLogo

So I decided to not sell Pogba, mainly because Barcas offer was shit, €88M which is his current value and thus not acceptable as an offer for a player I don't desperately want to sell. Another point is that he is an icon at the club and performing really well the way I have him playing right now and there is no telling if de Jong would perform at the same level tbh. PSG are still interested but I have no real intention to sell to them unless the offer is really good.

NoLogo

So I had a horrible start to the season. Lost to Wolves away 0-2 and Liverpool at home 1-2 and went SAF on their asses screamed around in the dressing room kicked some boots at players and put Haaland who had been horrible 6.1 and 6.2 rating in both games and my world record signing B. Silva 6.3 and 6.1 rating in the u23 for the next two games and don't you know it, I won the next two games against Atletico and CP 1-0 and 3-0 by playing quite a few youngsters and backup players. Mejia performed well in both games which means Haaland is going to be benched a little while longer, same goes for B. Silva since Chong came back from injury an immediately was our POM in both games and as long as they keep playing well Silva and Haaland are not getting back in, lazy feckers.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I can't believe they still haven't fixed that stupid fecking "That was brilliant by x, it deserved a girl at the end of it" that happens around 5 million times a game when a player makes a run and takes an unbelievably stupid shot that goes a mile wide/over. Feck SI.

diarm

It's early days in my third season with United and Greenwood has gone into God mode. I have Sancho and Torres with Haaland up top but he's outperforming all of them. Himself, Bruno and Dalot are ripping sides apart down that right flank.

I made a commitment to only play lads aged 20 or under in the League Cup this year so obviously we drew Liverpool in the first round and then Laird and Williams got long term injuries which is going to make things difficult! Would love to give Kana, Mejbri and Bellingham a real run together in midfield if we can get past them though!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hannibal Mejbri is stupidly good in this game, he his very ambitious which means his progress will sky rocket within first 2 seasons.

Greenwood, Mejbri are awesome in this version, Brandon Williams is very good too.

NoLogo

My fourth season keeps getting worse somehow. I'm in 11the place with 2 wins 1 draw and 3 losses. Not quite sure what is happening though since this is essentially the same team and tactic that had a 32-5-1 record last season. Somehow the team forgot how to defend and how to score. I don't concede many chances but it seems every shot on goal by my opponents is pretty much a goal.

Liverpool meanwhile snatched up Kane at deadline day and seem to love stacking world-class strikers, they now have Kane, Dybala and Lauturo Martinez. They are also running away at the minute winning 6 out of 6.

Sancho is pretty much the only player right now that is performing to expectations, keeping my team somewhat alive out there.

diarm

Hannibal Mejbri is stupidly good in this game, he his very ambitious which means his progress will sky rocket within first 2 seasons.

Greenwood, Mejbri are awesome in this version, Brandon Williams is very good too.
Mejbri really is class. He's been in my match day squad since half way through the second season and is the first sub on for either Pogba or Bruno.

Other than maybe from set pieces, there is literally no dip in performance when he replaced either.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mejbri really is class. He's been in my match day squad since half way through the second season and is the first sub on for either Pogba or Bruno.

Other than maybe from set pieces, there is literally no dip in performance when he replaced either.
I had him in the squad from day 1 and used him as sub, second season was good enough to start around 15+ games.

Nickosaur

I can't believe they still haven't fixed that stupid fecking "That was brilliant by x, it deserved a girl at the end of it" that happens around 5 million times a game when a player makes a run and takes an unbelievably stupid shot that goes a mile wide/over. Feck SI.
Well you can't go round handing out girls to everyone who dribbles with the ball.

NoLogo

Man my results are so random at the moment. The bad start with a 2-1-3 record was joined by two mediocre performances in the CL 2-1 win at home against Sevilla and a 0-0 away to Bayern and all of a sudden the next two games are a 9-0 win against Leicster and a 9-0 win in the CL against Celtic, like wtf game? :lol:

Oh yeah and of course the next game Fulham's GK is of course Neuer and van der Saar rolled into one and I need 16 shots on goal to score two. :rolleyes:

NoLogo

Really funny but the AI is cheating when it comes to wages. Liverpool has pretty much the best squad in the league, they have a crazy amount of super star attacking players but non of them is above 250k wages, Kane is even at 200k, Dybala at 230k and the funniest is, Robertson is at 93k. Which gets me to another point, ever noticed how sometimes the AI signs a player that you were interested in, offered to be a star player and give him 300k a week or something like this but he decided he fancies playing for City who haven't won a title in 5 seasons and of course he plays for them for 230k pw.

Let alone the fact that even rotation players keep asking for a new contract at my club every 6 months and get super upset and want to leave if I denied it to them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really funny but the AI is cheating when it comes to wages. Liverpool has pretty much the best squad in the league, they have a crazy amount of super star attacking players but non of them is above 250k wages, Kane is even at 200k, Dybala at 230k and the funniest is, Robertson is at 93k. Which gets me to another point, ever noticed how sometimes the AI signs a player that you were interested in, offered to be a star player and give him 300k a week or something like this but he decided he fancies playing for City who haven't won a title in 5 seasons and of course he plays for them for 230k pw.

Let alone the fact that even rotation players keep asking for a new contract at my club every 6 months and get super upset and want to leave if I denied it to them.
Exactly why I bought/use the editing program. Takes away a lot of the BS and just lets you enjoy the game.

Stevondo8

1st season with United won the carabao and europa, 2nd season martial went into beast mode and won me the league and champions league. 3rd season he’s gone right of the boil but greenwood and Rashford are tearing it up, ably supported by Bruno and Sancho. Ronaldo out of contract at end of season and just put an offer in...why not?

Nickosaur

2nd season complete in Chile with Santiago Wanderers. Finished 2nd to runaway champions Colo-Colo, but mangaged to win the Chile Cup: a strange but entertaining 2 legged final where I beat Universidad de Chile 5-4 on aggregate.

Very pleased with the season, media had predicted a 10th place finish but I had set a target of coming in the top 6. Really exceeded expectations there. Despite my non-existent budget I did really well in some free transfers and loaning some insanely talented Argentine youngsters for the season, which were the difference in the end.

Part of me wants to continue with Santiago Wanderers, but I feel it would be near impossible to top this seasons overachievements. I'm looking at the job adverts in the Colombian and Argentine leagues to see if anything takes my fancy - but I'd feel like a bit of a dick looking for a job without receiving an offer. My reputation has risen to just under 2 stars but i've only had one job offer so far (to a slightly higher reputation club in Chile).

Hughes35

I was really enjoying the game but then just found it too easy. You seem to be able to take pretty much any team from Conference to Championship with no issue at all. It's only then getting into the prem that's an issue.

Anybody else found this and how do you then get the difficulty right?

Dan_F

I was really enjoying the game but then just found it too easy. You seem to be able to take pretty much any team from Conference to Championship with no issue at all. It's only then getting into the prem that's an issue.

That’s the thing though. If you weren’t able to do that, would it be as enjoyable? I agree it’s very unrealistic. I’ve got a team from VNS to Championship. I think I had one season where I finished outside the playoffs, the rest I won the league outright.

Hughes35

That’s the thing though. If you weren’t able to do that, would it be as enjoyable? I agree it’s very unrealistic. I’ve got a team from VNS to Championship. I think I had one season where I finished outside the playoffs, the rest I won the league outright.
It's a fine line. You want to be able to do that but probably not every season. You don't even really need to change the squad that much. Most players that are good in the Conference can do a decent job for you in L2 and L1. I think it would be slightly better if you got stuck for 1 or two years in a lower division and had to grow the club to improve and get promoted. It's a little too easy on the new game.

sebsheep

A lot can depend on how you okay the game.
Some people use in game/download tactics, I've never done that.
Having player attributes masked makes it harder to find players.
In the last year or so I've completely stopped using the search function so only sign players that are brought to my attention by scouts, agents or scouting players who've played against me.
Even staff I only get through adverts and recommendations. Actually made the game more interesting for me.
Managing in smaller countries.
There are little things you can do to make it a bit harder for yourself but there is always going to be a certain ease to a lot of things.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's a fine line. You want to be able to do that but probably not every season. You don't even really need to change the squad that much. Most players that are good in the Conference can do a decent job for you in L2 and L1. I think it would be slightly better if you got stuck for 1 or two years in a lower division and had to grow the club to improve and get promoted. It's a little too easy on the new game.
Conference players won’t be good enough in L1.

Hughes35

A lot can depend on how you okay the game.
Some people use in game/download tactics, I've never done that.
Having player attributes masked makes it harder to find players.
In the last year or so I've completely stopped using the search function so only sign players that are brought to my attention by scouts, agents or scouting players who've played against me.
Even staff I only get through adverts and recommendations. Actually made the game more interesting for me.
Managing in smaller countries.
There are little things you can do to make it a bit harder for yourself but there is always going to be a certain ease to a lot of things.
I think I will try a start unemployed with no experience save where I'm not allowed to use any preset tactics, that sounds like a good idea. I usually use the presets and then tweak them to my liking. Will start one from scratch.

NoLogo

Exactly why I bought/use the editing program. Takes away a lot of the BS and just lets you enjoy the game.
Yeah, latest example. Chong has been doing well for me no doubt, but attribute wise he doesn't really look like a top, top player and he certainly isn't the very best in my tea, one of the reasons I actually got B. Silva, now Chong is asking for 400k pw for his new contract. :lol: He has a 4 year running contract worth 125k, sure 250 I would have gone with but not 400k, what the actual shite? I have exactly two players who are earning this kind of money, Pogba and de Gea, so no way I'm going to give Chong that amount of money.

Lay

I had both my goalkeepers out before the CL semi finals against United. My two youth prospects are out on loan. So I had to rely on a player who is 1 star ability, 21 and on a week to week contract :lol:

Made an error as we conceded early but won at Old Trafford 1-2 and in the end had a 7.1 rating as he kept us in the game. Second leg, he has a 7.6 rating and saved a penalty as we went through with a 0-0.
He also kept a clean sheet in each of his 3 league games.

Both goalkeepers are back for the final but now I feel guilty if I drop him. I gave him a new contract at least

anant

Think the AI still lacks the intelligence on the transfers front. I'm seeing Utd buy De Ligt for 124m in January window (of 2024). Camavinga geeting sold in Jan window as well for 100m+. Then there are clubs that are spending 350m odd close to every alternate season and selling players worth 150m as well. Such a turnover of players just doesn't happen anywhere

NoLogo

Think the AI still lacks the intelligence on the transfers front. I'm seeing Utd buy De Ligt for 124m in January window (of 2024). Camavinga geeting sold in Jan window as well for 100m+. Then there are clubs that are spending 350m odd close to every alternate season and selling players worth 150m as well. Such a turnover of players just doesn't happen anywhere
True. PSG is complete nuts in that regard they have bought players in access of €300M+ in everyone of the last three seasons of my game.

diarm

1st season with United won the carabao and europa, 2nd season martial went into beast mode and won me the league and champions league. 3rd season he’s gone right of the boil but greenwood and Rashford are tearing it up, ably supported by Bruno and Sancho. Ronaldo out of contract at end of season and just put an offer in...why not?
Let me know how you get on with this. Approaching Christmas in my third season and I'm thinking of bringing him in, more as a mentor than anything else.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I kept my defensive winger formation at Coventry and loaned in Campana from Wolves for the second half of the season. He scored 15 goals in from February and a 94th minute winner in the very last game got us an automatic promotion to the Championship!

We already had a few good young players and added Garner, Braithewaite, Alvaro from Benfica and a young City regen in attack, all on loan. We were already doing well but having a French coach and Frings as Assistant opened out lots of French and German players for us in the January window and we stormed the league in the end.

So starting with that relegation in Sweden and no badges, here we are, about to start season 5 as a Premiership manager studying for a Continental A license.

I put in so much prep in the summer at Coventry, hours and hours and felt really tied to the club...then Everton gave me an interview!

If this was any other save, I would have stayed put, but this is all about my career on this save and it was too good an offer to turn down.

I have wildly overspent in the summer bringing in Grealish, Dembele, Rodri, Parrott and Buendia. I have cleared out as much as possible because the squad was unbalanced with ridiculous wages (Talisca on 200k a week!!)

Going to stick with defensive wingers as it’s been so solid so far. Only got the job because I promised CL football. Squad is good enough, but so much competition in the league.

Got bids for players like Digne and Gomes that I wanted to keep, but it was an opportunity to bring down the age of the squad. Let’s see how it goes!

sebsheep

I kept my defensive winger formation at Coventry and loaned in Campana from Wolves for the second half of the season. He scored 15 goals in from February and a 94th minute winner in the very last game got us an automatic promotion to the Championship!

We already had a few good young players and added Garner, Braithewaite, Alvaro from Benfica and a young City regen in attack, all on loan. We were already doing well but having a French coach and Frings as Assistant opened out lots of French and German players for us in the January window and we stormed the league in the end.

So starting with that relegation in Sweden and no badges, here we are, about to start season 5 as a Premiership manager studying for a Continental A license.

I put in so much prep in the summer at Coventry, hours and hours and felt really tied to the club...then Everton gave me an interview!

If this was any other save, I would have stayed put, but this is all about my career on this save and it was too good an offer to turn down.

I have wildly overspent in the summer bringing in Grealish, Dembele, Rodri, Parrott and Buendia. I have cleared out as much as possible because the squad was unbalanced with ridiculous wages (Talisca on 200k a week!!)

Going to stick with defensive wingers as it’s been so solid so far. Only got the job because I promised CL football. Squad is good enough, but so much competition in the league.

Got bids for players like Digne and Gomes that I wanted to keep, but it was an opportunity to bring down the age of the squad. Let’s see how it goes!
I love defensive wingers! Only problem is that there tends to be a lack of them, especially higher quality ones.

sebsheep

I think I will try a start unemployed with no experience save where I'm not allowed to use any preset tactics, that sounds like a good idea. I usually use the presets and then tweak them to my liking. Will start one from scratch.
Sounds like a fun idea, always enjoy trying to pester clubs to send me on courses. keep us up to date with it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I love defensive wingers! Only problem is that there tends to be a lack of them, especially higher quality ones.
Yeah, I noticed that early on too, but I just try and find ML or MR with decent physical attributes now that are half circle and they do well. They work wonders defensively. It can go to pieces occasionally, but generally very hard to score against.

I have Hudson Odoi on loan and he is doing really well playing there. Any young player that can be retrained too, catching them early. Dembele is slowly adjusting to it and performances are improving too.

As long as they have a good amount of the attributes they tend to do well.

NoLogo

I feel like the best way to go about defensive wingers is to retrain wingbacks to be comfortable with wide midfielder positions. In my Dortmund save I actually try to recreate the 3-4-3 (or 3-6-1) they are playing in real life with Hakimi and Guerreiro playing those DW positions but I'm not quite sure it actually works that well and might revert them back to wingbacks.

sebsheep

Yeah, I noticed that early on too, but I just try and find ML or MR with decent physical attributes now that are half circle and they do well. They work wonders defensively. It can go to pieces occasionally, but generally very hard to score against.

I have Hudson Odoi on loan and he is doing really well playing there. Any young player that can be retrained too, catching them early. Dembele is slowly adjusting to it and performances are improving too.

As long as they have a good amount of the attributes they tend to do well.
I feel like the best way to go about defensive wingers is to retrain wingbacks to be comfortable with wide midfielder positions. In my Dortmund save I actually try to recreate the 3-4-3 (or 3-6-1) they are playing in real life with Hakimi and Guerreiro playing those DW positions but I'm not quite sure it actually works that well and might revert them back to wingbacks.
I think during my entire time playing FM I've only ever had 2-3 real successes when retraining players to a new position. It just never seems to work that well in the game for me. Never understand how you can have a player train in a position for years and they never get to full green either (some never make it to green), yet James Milner exists in real life.