Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still play FM17. I’ve dabbled on FM19 but find it clunky and there’s far too much to look at.

I enjoyed FM2012 but mainly for the interface, it was pretty easy to navigate through

lewwoo

https://www.givemesport.com/1506552-football-manager-2020-headline-features-have-been-revealed

Club Vision
In FM 2020, the entire boardroom experience has been overhauled to make it more unique to each team and the new feature ties into the long-term progression of your club.

Managing expectations of the board has always been a key part of the game and this year it's going to be more realistic than ever, with new objectives to complete.

Graphic improvements
FM aims to improve the graphics year on year and FM 2020 is no different, with new player, manager and pitch models.

Backroom Staff
Running a club is not a one-man job and FM 2020 will have a huge network of staff to help you make the decisions.

There will now be brand-new team selection advice on matchdays, tactical advice throughout the game and a few new staff roles too.

Technical Directors and Heads of Player Development will be on hand to help you get the best out of players at your club and even those on loan, too.

Playing time pathway
Player development has been 'redesigned and reenvisioned' on FM 2020, allowing more freedom to control and track the progression of your young players, as well as your first-team stars. There will be the option to plan long-term and individual pathways for all players, allowing a clear route for youngsters to become Star Players in Football Manager.

All these new pathways will be a big part of contract negotiations and you'll be able to set out the detailed role for each player from the moment they walk through the door.

RedTiger

Half mast
https://www.givemesport.com/1506552-football-manager-2020-headline-features-have-been-revealed

Club Vision
In FM 2020, the entire boardroom experience has been overhauled to make it more unique to each team and the new feature ties into the long-term progression of your club.

Managing expectations of the board has always been a key part of the game and this year it's going to be more realistic than ever, with new objectives to complete.

Graphic improvements
FM aims to improve the graphics year on year and FM 2020 is no different, with new player, manager and pitch models.

Backroom Staff
Running a club is not a one-man job and FM 2020 will have a huge network of staff to help you make the decisions.

There will now be brand-new team selection advice on matchdays, tactical advice throughout the game and a few new staff roles too.

Technical Directors and Heads of Player Development will be on hand to help you get the best out of players at your club and even those on loan, too.

Playing time pathway
Player development has been 'redesigned and reenvisioned' on FM 2020, allowing more freedom to control and track the progression of your young players, as well as your first-team stars. There will be the option to plan long-term and individual pathways for all players, allowing a clear route for youngsters to become Star Players in Football Manager.

All these new pathways will be a big part of contract negotiations and you'll be able to set out the detailed role for each player from the moment they walk through the door.
That sounds like any FM but slightly reworded.

WensleyMU

I bought 18 and got 19 as part of Xbox gamepass for PC. I find it more fun to fiddle the finances of some non-league clubs from the depths of the football ladder, and then go on holiday for years and see where they end up.

If I tried to play it now, it would take me longer than the real football season, to finish a season.

lewwoo

Still early days but not blown away yet. The biggest thing that they need to sort out is the ai squad building. It ruins the game for me having your rivals buying ridiculous players they dont need and then never playing them. There must be a way the ai managers can squad build with some plan and intelligence.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Still early days but not blown away yet. The biggest thing that they need to sort out is the ai squad building. It ruins the game for me having your rivals buying ridiculous players they dont need and then never playing them. There must be a way the ai managers can squad build with some plan and intelligence.
Yeah, if they can't even get that right you've got to question how much magic is going on with tactics/stats to work out what happens in a game.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They won't fix it because it would require a complete overhaul of the games. it's obvious with these yearly turnarounds that they're just extending what they already have and changing things around at the top level. I'd say about 80% of the code they use this year will be the exact same as last year, and the year before, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure the head of SI even said something similar himself.

As long as people keep buying the games year on year, not much will change.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This is a problem since early FM days. Buying players for a position they already have excess of it, sometimes the AI set a relatively low release clause fee (mainly small spanish clubs) and you get bargains.

Player wanting to leave, you tell him he's on the transfer list and is not needed by the club, and suddenly the player wants to prove his worth to the manager :D (doesn't work with all players, though)

and so on

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pathways just sounds like something else for players to cry about for ridiculous reasons.
Indeed. Can see a scenario like this happening -

RW who is best as an Inside Forward;

Me: Puts long term pathway down to be a RW Inside Forward

Them: Why don't you see my future as a wing back? I'm severely disappointed and want to leave. Bye.

Art Vandelay

Indeed. Can see a scenario like this happening -

RW who is best as an Inside Forward;

Me: Puts long term pathway down to be a RW Inside Forward

Them: Why don't you see my future as a wing back? I'm severely disappointed and want to leave. Bye.
:lol:

Long term plan to get them 15 games this season as a striker. 10 games in and they haven't played as they were injured then unfit.

Them: You've broken promises to me. I'm very unhappy what do you plan to do about this?

Me: Well...

Them: I can't believe how you've handled this. This won't be the last you hear of it!

roseguy64

They won't fix it because it would require a complete overhaul of the games. it's obvious with these yearly turnarounds that they're just extending what they already have and changing things around at the top level. I'd say about 80% of the code they use this year will be the exact same as last year, and the year before, etc. etc. I'm pretty sure the head of SI even said something similar himself.

As long as people keep buying the games year on year, not much will change.
Yeah any big change takes years to complete. Basically work on it as a side project until its ready to be implemented. Majority of the resources are input into the regular features each year.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I haven’t played since FM18.

Player management was ridiculous. I praised Pogba for his good form and he came back with a comment saying he disagreed with me.
He got so angry he demanded a transfer, all because I’d praised the cnuts form!

When I rejected the transfer request half the dressing room turned against me. Absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Player management was ridiculous. I praised Pogba for his good form and he came back with a comment saying he disagreed with me.

When I rejected the transfer request half the dressing room turned against me. Absolutely bloody ridiculous.
Holy shit is it that realistic ?

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
This will be the first one I’ve bought for a while and solely because Weymouth are back on it officially.

I can’t help but think that the game has stagnated in its yearly updates, it’s hard to get too excited about it.

anant

Waiting for more features before I decide whether to buy this installment

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

:lol: had a similar issue with Pogba except I won the treble and he handed a transfer request in, which I denied and he turned the whole painstakingly crafted team against me. I'd just won the treble with them!

Ainu

Player interactions are pathetic and have been since forever. The game would be a lot better without all of that crap.

Massive Spanner

Player interactions are pathetic and have been since forever. The game would be a lot better without all of that crap.
"Just wanted to say, you've been playing well lately"
"I disagree, I haven't"
"Oh well I thought you were good and wanted to give you some pra.."
"Feck off you wanker, I'm not happy with how you're dealing with this"

*Player hands in transfer request*

Lay

Yeah, player interactions are really that stupid. Praising a player after scoring their first international goal can send them into depression.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hope it's not too complicated with all the new stuff. Still playing 15 and find the interaction stuff boring but at least I know what to say almost all the time without annoying the players too often. Also no need to ever talk to them unless they come to me.

The board are generally ignored - if successful it doesn't really matter if you're going against their philosophy. Have even called them out in the press and got away with it.

Coaching staff are always ignored.

Player pathways - I suppose I have a routine but it's not different for different players. Everyone has the same possible route to the first team squad.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Everything I've seen from them says they'll not be bringing that back ever. Would need new leadership at the company for that to happen.
Dagnabbit... Any idea why? It seems like such a simple feature to add and, for me anyway, would add a lot to the game.

roseguy64

Dagnabbit... Any idea why? It seems like such a simple feature to add and, for me anyway, would add a lot to the game.
Can't remember why but I have it in my head as they just didn't fancy it or it didn't mesh well with whatever future changes they have for the game. Could be a combo. But they basically just aren't fans.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Player interactions are rubbish tbh. If you know how it works you can praise every player every 2 weeks for training and his attitude and form if its above 7 to get morale boosts before every game. However doing that for 11 players is tedious and silly. There's just so many features in this game that need to be overhauled it just makes me wonder what they honestly work on for a whole year.

AI still suck at picking/building squads. The ME just has no nuances to it. Every see short chipped passes? Players running round keeper? Squaring to open players? Urgh.

I'll still buy it though!

Ainu

Player interactions are rubbish tbh. If you know how it works you can praise every player every 2 weeks for training and his attitude and form if its above 7 to get morale boosts before every game. However doing that for 11 players is tedious and silly. There's just so many features in this game that need to be overhauled it just makes me wonder what they honestly work on for a whole year.

AI still suck at picking/building squads. The ME just has no nuances to it. Every see short chipped passes? Players running round keeper? Squaring to open players? Urgh.

I'll still buy it though!
Tedious is the right word. Team talks, press talks, private talks, you're just constantly repeating the same shit over and over and over because you know it works (as in, it doesn't destroy morale so you just continue playing it safe). Over dozens of seasons of FM it adds up to hours of utter, meaningless tedium. I don't want it improved, I just want it removed altogether, without having to switch to FM Classic which is too streamlined for me personally. I also don't want to hand it off to an assistant because you risk him fecking up and upsetting one of the divas.

As for the ME, every version it just yo-yos between not having enough and having too much of one thing. One version crosses are useless, the next all goals come from crosses. It's rarely more nuanced than that. Across god knows how many versions of FM I've had loads of players with "likes to round keeper" as a preferred move, but they never do it. What is the point of teaching that move then? Why even put it in the game if it happens once every blue moon? Some PPM's have about the frequency of John O'Shea nutmegging players or chipping the keeper. Yeah you've seen it once, that doesn't make it preferred move. The opposite actually.

saivet

I pre-ordered it, my first FM game since FM15 I believe. Having an operation in early November so hopefully it comes out in time for me to kill a load of time while on sick leave at home.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I'm in season 2027 right now and Dalot is one of the worlds best RBs and Rashford a world class striker :lol:

I wonder how we'll be in FM 2020 :smirk:

anant

I'm in season 2027 right now and Dalot is one of the worlds best RBs and Rashford a world class striker :lol:

I wonder how we'll be in FM 2020 :smirk:
We've always been too overpowered in FM. Mata regularly makes World XI in the first few seasons as well

Lay

We've always been too overpowered in FM. Mata regularly makes World XI in the first few seasons as well
Indeed. I knocked his stats down a bit and he still ended up as the ballon d’or winner with like 20 goals and 20 assists (wasn’t managing United)

LInkash

Can't remember exactly which version I played last but Rashford was Ballon d'Or winner for me and Martial three time winner.

Massive Spanner

FM19 was incredibly easy as Utd.

Shaw, Dalot, Pogba, Martial, Mata, and Rashford are all amongst the best in the world in their position and even Lindelof and Smalling are a strong CB partnership early on.

Once I bought De Ligt and Skriniar I was only conceding 10 goals a season or something and it was piss easy.

LARulz

Has there been actually any new features announced? I can't see anything that's new. Although I guess the one thing I want back from the old days is the ability to position your players depending where the ball is in the pitch

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think FM had taken the hard path, and they got into a no exit street and soon will have to revamp the whole game. At least they can keep the good things done on match engine and simulation algorithms. Overall it's a very solid software that keeps things competitive if you don't use cheats like editors or FM Scout type of apps, because without those apps you will pretty much get some bad transfers every season.

There's still major issues on squad engineering on the long run though, and I think the transfer systems needs improvements because it became too hardcore even for simulation standards.

Interactions with players/staff/press are repetitive and eventually become boring and pretty much end up being a time waste.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Was live streamed on Twitch last night. Caught 5 mins and genuinely couldn’t tell any difference.