Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
If anyone's interested I've made a few editor files to freshen up new saves a little bit:
  • No pre set loans, injuries or bans
  • All players have random PAs
  • Golden Generation
First one does what it says on the tin. No starting a game with half a squad out on loan, injured or suspended.

Second one has given every player a negative PA so every save they'll have a different PA. If a player had a PA of 191 or above I've set it to -10, if it was 181 to 190 it's set to -95, if it was 171 to 180 I've set it to -9, and so on. Means some players have a higher ceiling than before and others are much closer to their peaks. Found it stops me signing the same handful of players.

Third one is the opposite of the second one in that all negative PAs have been removed and set it to the top end of each threshold, so 200 for -10, 190 for -95, 180 for -9, and so on.

Wouldn't recommend using the second and third together, but they freshen the game up in different ways. They've both been done for every player too, not just the higher PAs, so it affects the game right down to the bottom levels.

Can upload them somewhere if anyone is interested.

markhughes

Does FM21 seem easier than previous versions?

I started a Sheff Utd save recently and have had the following results.

1st Season

4th placed finish
League Cup winners

2nd Season

3rd place finish
FA Cup runners up
Champions league winners!

3rd season

2nd place finish
League Cup winners
Super cup winners

Alltough I haven't won the league yet I have won 'back to back' Champions Leagues. I am using my own made up tactic and I'm surprised at the results.

For the first couple of seasons I didn't sign anyone of note, my main stars were Brewster, Mousett and Ben White.

Is this typical?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does FM21 seem easier than previous versions?

I started a Sheff Utd save recently and have had the following results.

1st Season

4th placed finish
League Cup winners

2nd Season

3rd place finish
FA Cup runners up

3rd season

2nd place finish
League Cup winners
Super cup winners

Alltough I haven't won the league yet I have won 'back to back' Champions Leagues. I am using my own made up tactic and I'm surprised at the results.

For the first couple of seasons I didn't sign anyone of note, my main stars were Brewster, Mousett and Ben White.

Is this typical?
Pretty much. It’s hard to fail tbh.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There's a lack of gems from lesser countries. I went back on a few saves and checked FMRTE. All the regens/newgens are from: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, a shit load of Portuguese and a couple of Serbian.

Not Asian player or African player had a PA of 150. I noticed on the SIforums, there's mods to make newgens have more diversity but it seems pretty shit that the game can't seem to generate it when they always did. One of the wonders was finding a Madagascan wonderkid as you trawl some lower competition in Africa.

Edit: Not a single American wonderkid and only two or three Mexicans.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There's a lack of gems from lesser countries. I went back on a few saves and checked FMRTE. All the regens/newgens are from: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, England, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, a shit load of Portuguese and a couple of Serbian.

Not Asian player or African player had a PA of 150. I noticed on the SIforums, there's mods to make newgens have more diversity but it seems pretty shit that the game can't seem to generate it when they always did. One of the wonders was finding a Madagascan wonderkid as you trawl some lower competition in Africa.

Edit: Not a single American wonderkid and only two or three Mexicans.
Link to that mod? Can it be applied mid game?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah found it, cheers! Just starting a new game now so I'd only gotten a week in. Easy to start again.
I did a quick 2 season test run with it. You still get the talent from Brazil etc but there was a world class talent in Iceland, 1 in Denmark, 1 in wales (plays for Shrewsbury), 1 in Senegal. There were some 150s in USA, Mexico and South Korea. It’s seems to be a lot better in distributing talent around the globe

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's really hard to play this a year in and not sign the same players. I know I can go lower leagues but I find it bores me quickly.

Really trying to find some hidden gems I've not signed before.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's really hard to play this a year in and not sign the same players. I know I can go lower leagues but I find it bores me quickly.

Really trying to find some hidden gems I've not signed before.
Have you started a game with the transfer update from the workshop? I've done that and there are a few that I've not seen before that look decent. Started one as WBA in the Champ.

Ronaldo has 6 in 3 games for United. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have you started a game with the transfer update from the workshop? I've done that and there are a few that I've not seen before that look decent. Started one as WBA in the Champ.

Ronaldo has 6 in 3 games for United. :lol:
Yeah but I quickly lost interest. Can't get into a save atm.

Abraxas

Yeah but I quickly lost interest. Can't get into a save atm.
I completely lost interest in picking a team at the start.

I think the journeyman saves are the one thing that keeps it going for me. It makes a difference to see your managers progression in terms of badges and clubs. There is always something to aim for (at least until winning the CL) and it feels legitimate to refresh things with a new club every few years.

When you pick a team at the start it feels pointless to do this because you either picked a club for a specific reason with goals in mind, i.e. restoring X club to former glory, getting a conference side to the prem etc. It's then kinda treacherous to leave, or at least there isn't incentive and it gets stale.

I guess ultimately it's not that different, but it just shifts the focus enough away from specific players and clubs. Sometimes you're in there firefighting, sometimes you get a good bunch and go for promotion, sometimes finances are diabolical.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I completely lost interest in picking a team at the start.

I think the journeyman saves are the one thing that keeps it going for me. It makes a difference to see your managers progression in terms of badges and clubs. There is always something to aim for (at least until winning the CL) and it feels legitimate to refresh things with a new club every few years.

When you pick a team at the start it feels pointless to do this because you either picked a club for a specific reason with goals in mind, i.e. restoring X club to former glory, getting a conference side to the prem etc. It's then kinda treacherous to leave, or at least there isn't incentive and it gets stale.

I guess ultimately it's not that different, but it just shifts the focus enough away from specific players and clubs. Sometimes you're in there firefighting, sometimes you get a good bunch and go for promotion, sometimes finances are diabolical.
Yeah i did unemployed but gave myself decent stats. I took the Arsenal job thinking it'd be a good project but I won almost every game and then got offered the Chelsea job. Took it and completely lost interest in the save :lol:

MattofManchester

I've found my FM time is now reserved for when I don't feel like playing something else. Genshin Impact and Valorant take up much of my time, but if I'm not feeling it, I'll load up FM. Likely does mean I won't go for FM22. I just made the changes myself, but make sure they take place in the correct seasons, and have got the save ready, but haven't really felt any motive to start it up again.

Abraxas

Yeah i did unemployed but gave myself decent stats. I took the Arsenal job thinking it'd be a good project but I won almost every game and then got offered the Chelsea job. Took it and completely lost interest in the save :lol:
You chickened out giving yourself good stats! That said the logic of the game isn't that amazing, you can get higher jobs than you really deserve, I'd like to see that tightened up. The game should be a bit harder generally but I guess there are many that just want an experience that isn't too hard to be successful.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I signed Brenner for 80m a season after missing out on him for £12m (he chose Real Madrid and then barely played). What a flop he’s been, 35 games and 3 goals. I’m still paying for the transfer for the next 3 seasons and I want to get rid. Belotti and Osimhen are firing and my 17 year old youth striker has outscored him despite the fact I don’t think he will make it here.
Randomly spotted this. I managed to pick him up for West Brom in my first season in the PL for 14m. He's a weird player. Either has an absolute stinker or he's incredible. Goes from a 6.1 to a 7.5 regularly.

side note and why i was posting here: I really hope they improve getting rid of players in FM22. Too many players at West Brom on nice contracts that won't feck off. :mad:

stepic

It’s not realistic to start a career with a big club like Arsenal though. If you start with the lowest qualifications etc at lower league level, you can then slowly progress that way, working your way up the leagues and then being offered or applying for more realistic jobs as you go. By the time you do make it to the premier league you’ll be ready to win the league and CL and even end the save at that point

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mendy (that one) assisted a last minute winner against me and I don’t feel guilty for rage quitting.