Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The window hasn't opened yet but I'm a shoe-in for promotion (with Forest), so I'll have to find someone else suited to the PL. The game keeps you guessing if nothing else!
Should be able to get someone of equal ability in that case then.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
So these players really have made an impression on me, and anyone starting a save in the lower leagues should definitely look at them.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I have a really annoying bug. I was trying to get rid of De Gea (I have already brought in Onana to replace him). Eventually I crumbled and did something I shouldnt have - I added a second manager at Madrid and made a £30m offer for him.

Transfer progressed as normal, until I hit a snag and realised that my Madrid guy didnt actually have any money to spend, so I cancelled the transfer with a view to re-bidding a smaller amount, or just leaving it since I felt very dirty doing this stuff anyway.

Unfortunately since the transfer was "cancelled", De Gea's contract now seems to have some sort of bug. As United, I cannot offer him out to anyway, and as another team I cannot make an offer for him - it simply says "De Gea has already accepted a contract offer." even though nothing shows up in any teams "transfers" section.

Anyone encountered this before or can think of a fix? I just want to get the guy off my damn wage bill.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Get the in game editor and move him to another club

Ludens the Red

I have a really annoying bug. I was trying to get rid of De Gea (I have already brought in Onana to replace him). Eventually I crumbled and did something I shouldnt have - I added a second manager at Madrid and made a £30m offer for him.

Transfer progressed as normal, until I hit a snag and realised that my Madrid guy didnt actually have any money to spend, so I cancelled the transfer with a view to re-bidding a smaller amount, or just leaving it since I felt very dirty doing this stuff anyway.

Unfortunately since the transfer was "cancelled", De Gea's contract now seems to have some sort of bug. As United, I cannot offer him out to anyway, and as another team I cannot make an offer for him - it simply says "De Gea has already accepted a contract offer." even though nothing shows up in any teams "transfers" section.

Anyone encountered this before or can think of a fix? I just want to get the guy off my damn wage bill.
:lol:
serves you right. You brought great dishonour your family.

Rooney1987

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to change the owners or chairmen in the in game editor? Never actually used it before.

Lay

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to change the owners or chairmen in the in game editor? Never actually used it before.
No, unless it’s been changed. All you can change is whether they’re a tycoon owner and what type of tycoon (foreground, underwriter etc)

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect

So by some distance the best newgen I've found so far this year, ridiculous stats at 17. Currently playing a save as OM, think I've found my RB for the next 15 years :drool:.

Berbaclass

Decided I’m going to do a ‘build a nation’ type save this year. Not sure which league /country yet. Want something pretty obscure/small. Keep thinking about Slovenia for some reason.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I'm going reasonably smooth lately with Charlton. I had to keep tinkering with the 4231 system as initially we were far too open through the middle so changed both CM roles to defend with one as a DLP. Rather than having the team playing lopsided wide through a winger & inside forward i've narrowed them up with both the widemen coming inside as support wingers and the CAM playing SS to the advanced forward - building up play on the flanks via attacking wingbacks so I don't lose the ball in the middle of the park.

Played 18 with 12 wins 4 draws 2 losses, joint top with Hull though ahead by 1 GD.

With the squad being thin though I played a weak team in the F.A cup and got knocked out by Burton 2nd round [who I beat in the previous game in the league] - not like we had a chance winning that anyways! Still in the prestigious Papa Johns Cup stillz :D

Last edited:

MattofManchester

My save broke, so ended up starting a new one.

Having a fight out with Liverpool for top position. At first it was absolutely pissing me off that they never lost. They went 20 games, 20 wins, which was deeply frustrating. City have fallen apart completely and sit in 4th while funny enough Arsenal sit in 3rd place. It's basically a two horse race as the nearest contender is already 18 points behind.

January had been a massive grind for me, winning 1-0 over West Brom and Burnley, as well as 4 consecutive away games and a knockout on penalties against Sheffield United. However, by the 23rd game Liverpool lost 2 and drew 1 which has put me top by 2 points.
Which doesn't feel right for some reason. I'm not really sure I want to win the league in the first season, but I also don't want to disturb the massive momentum I have gained.

Martial is not clicking for me, but Rashford, Bruno, Telles and even Fred have been a revelation for me, playing a 4-3-3 with Fred as DM and McTominay as the CM alongside Bruno for big games. Van De Beek against smaller teams, and Pogba as a sub almost every game. His Work Rate doesn't fit well in what I'm trying to do.

Tottenham are sitting in 14th, surprisingly, and I'm wondering if this would be a good opportunity to steal Kane and Son from them. Son rejected a new deal and wants to leave, and Kane might want to go at the season's end.

The original plan was to sign a Right Winger, a Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder and a Central Defender in my second season. I also may sign a Left Back as well to replace Shaw. Nuno Mendes is looking too good to pass up.

With Son and Kane, I could opt to put Kane upfront, till Greenwood really develops and Son on the right for another two years or so. Eric Garcia being available for free still makes me want to commit sacrilege, but Pau Torres is a nice option too. Ben White also looks good.

I've realised that it seems on FM21 you can't unsettle players quickly, but over a longer period of time, so have to set things up earlier.

I'm also thinking of offloading De Gea. He's not good enough for what he is being paid. Henderson can take the role for now. Pogba is another one, Shaw needs to go, as will Mata. Barca want Martial and I'll probably accept it if they make a move.
The amount of money this could recoup is insane, if you include wages.

However, still have to decide if I want to win the title or not.

Santos J

4th season and first in Europa, group stage went a bit better than expected, thought Dinamo would be a problem but they got shafted nearly every game. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit of an annoying start at Rangers. I have about 6 players unsettled because I refuse to sell them for less than their asking price, including Morelos who is easily my best player. The board are only giving me 30% of transfer revenue as well so even if I sell I get feck all return for it.

I've managed to get Nicolas Pepe on loan which feels like a bit of a coup. Elneny and Pellistri as well. Not much money for signings really but I did take a gamble on a young keeper who has turned out to not be as good as the scout report :/

Berbaclass

Had a couple of days off to ruminate over some tactical things as everything I had previously built has been nerfed somewhat. Back on my United save to do some testing and tweaking and I've got such a nice squad right now :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I want to murder my scouts. I'm taking my time and looking over their reports before settling on players and then when they signed it turns out they're a star less than expected. Frustrating when I have such a small budget. I've just given in and sold my best CB to Aston Villa for £19m so can't wait to spend only 7m of that. Thanks board!

Meanwhile Celtic just signed Rafinha for £13m

EDIT: Ok I've replaced that CB I got £19m for with an equally good one for just £2m. Miha Blazic.

Berbaclass

I want to murder my scouts. I'm taking my time and looking over their reports before settling on players and then when they signed it turns out they're a star less than expected. Frustrating when I have such a small budget. I've just given in and sold my best CB to Aston Villa for £19m so can't wait to spend only 7m of that. Thanks board!

EDIT: Ok I've replaced that CB I got £19m for with an equally good one for just £2m. Miha Blazic.
What CA/PA are they?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What CA/PA are they?
No idea. Their scouting is 13/14 level so I know they'll never be amazingly accurate but it's the best scouts I could find with my lack of budget that actually wanted to join.

Or do you mean the players? It said 4 star but the guy came and he's 3 star.

Berbaclass

No idea. Their scouting is 13/14 level so I know they'll never be amazingly accurate but it's the best scouts I could find with my lack of budget that actually wanted to join.

Or do you mean the players? It said 4 star but the guy came and he's 3 star.
The ability of the scouts to estimate the players potential I meant. 13/14 is okay but yeah that would explain him getting it wrong

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The ability of the scouts to estimate the players potential I meant. 13/14 is okay but yeah that would explain him getting it wrong
Yeah it's fine, just annoying.

Hoffenheim have just come in for Morelos with 5 HOURS left on deadline day and the chairman has accepted it. £36.5m. I need to find a striker in five hours. Also in the same email the game gives me the option to resign. :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Not to be confused with Miha Balzic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Signed Kaio Jorge for £9m as the board only gave me £11m of that 36.5

Lay

My first ever FM job was with Rangers back in 2008. Didn’t know much about the game but I recall signing Ninis, Alex the AM, some french strikers who went to Newcastle, Saivet I think?

Steamrolled the league. Became CL semi finalists one year too before losing a shootout against Valencia!

Berbaclass

James Ward-drowse is fantastic on this. I got him at United as I needed a good hard working midfielder to sit in my midfield two and I thought he was perfect with his outrageous technical ability.

He's almost matching Bruno in key passes in half the minutes played!

pascell

The reports will change when they sign from scout to assistant, so it then goes off your assistants stats of judging CA & PA. Its also worth mentioning, they judge players CA compared to your squads CA, so if you have a strong squad then the CA of the player you signed will go down.

Berbaclass

37 year-old Ronaldo is my current top goalscorer from the LW. Had room good success using him as a ramdeuter just drifting into space.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Negotiating to sign a player on a free in Jan, his agent asks for one promise. I agree to it and click next. Agent's text goes orange and he says we aren't close to the wanted promises???These bugs are fecking pissing me off. I literally agreed to the promises you dicks.

MattofManchester

Negotiating to sign a player on a free in Jan, his agent asks for one promise. I agree to it and click next. Agent's text goes orange and he says we aren't close to the wanted promises???These bugs are fecking pissing me off. I literally agreed to the promises you dicks.
Did you save before so you can reload?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's like the age old one where you're negotiating a contract and they return with their terms and something is highlighted that wasn't changed. There's so many small things that have been there a long time where you can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.