Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's like the age old one where you're negotiating a contract and they return with their terms and something is highlighted that wasn't changed. There's so many small things that have been there a long time where you can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.
It's bizarre, you have to assume the people who work on the game also play it. And at no point has anyone gone "Guys there's this really annoying small thing we should remove in the next patch".

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's bizarre, you have to assume the people who work on the game also play it. And at no point has anyone gone "Guys there's this really annoying small thing we should remove in the next patch".
...nevermind the next installment.
I think it's because a lot of the code is copy-pasted each year, and whoever made the original code is not there anymore so it'll take a while to fix it and they prioritise other things. Speculation obviously.

MattofManchester

1-0 up against Everton with 3 minutes left and I'll win the title, James Rodriguez hits a blistered, incredible volley from deep that earns them a draw.

Liverpool win the title.

Last edited:

Halftrack

I have grown to fecking loathe Arsenal. The last game was very sweet

Haven't played FM for a few years, but feck me I still hate FM Arsenal. For years on end, while their real-life counterparts slipped further and further into irrelevancy, FM Arsenal would consistently turn into one of the all-time great teams, all because whomever scouted them for SI vastly overrated every single one of their players. There were a few examples of teams like that, but Arsenal were by far the worst. Is it still like that?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Haven't played FM for a few years, but feck me I still hate FM Arsenal. For years on end, while their real-life counterparts slipped further and further into irrelevancy, FM Arsenal would consistently turn into one of the all-time great teams, all because whomever scouted them for SI vastly overrated every single one of their players. There were a few examples of teams like that, but Arsenal were by far the worst. Is it still like that?
Yeah they actually beat me to the title last season!

MattofManchester

Arsenal got Pep sacked in my save, finishing 3rd and knocking him over home and away.

Is anyone continuing past the first season?
I'm unsure whether to keep going because of the newgen bug.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Arsenal got Pep sacked in my save, finishing 3rd and knocking him over home and away.

Is anyone continuing past the first season?
I'm unsure whether to keep going because of the newgen bug.
What’s the newgen bug?

Santos J

Players aren't being added to non-playable leagues, so the teams just start emptying out.
Was fixed about a week ago apparently

The latest update contains a fix for this issue. We’ve increased the leniency for top clubs’ player count in non-playable leagues which should increase the likelihood of certain clubs receiving youth intakes each year.
The fix is save game compatible but this doesn’t mean that loads of new newgens will start appearing in all nations in your save straight away. Newgens have a pre-generation date around 3 months before they appear in game, so the fix will apply to the next pre-generation dates, rather than next intake date.
I also want to clarify that the amount of newgens that generate in the first season in non-playable leagues shouldn’t be expected every season. We use newgens to replace retiring players and keep the overall player count relatively consistent, in FM21 there are more retirements than usual in the first season, which we think is a result of more free agents at game start and the COVID 19 financial implications meaning many clubs won’t offer as many contracts. So after the inflated first season intakes, the game balances out and the player count in these inactive leagues is deemed acceptable and therefore they may not receive intakes again for some time.
We are restricted in the amount of players we can add to non-playable leagues, and the numbers in these leagues are intentionally much lower. If you want to guarantee high numbers of newgens from a specific nation, then you’ll need to add that nation as a playable league, which can be done at the start of a new game, or midway through a save via the dropdown menu.
This will likely require some further tweaks and we think there are still some issues with total player count 10+ years into saves, we’re working hard to iron these out and any future fixes will be save game compatible too. The extreme example displayed in the original post above is a result of loading players into inactive leagues via Advanced Options at game start, and the majority of saves will not be affected to this extent.
Hopefully that all makes sense! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thanks again for your patience.

Berbaclass

Three seasons in on my United save and I think I've finished assembling my perfect backroom team.

I think I've got the best scouting team in the world, 20 scouts (13/20 of them are at least 19/19 CA/PA) all of them have at least 18 judging PA.

I've been delving a lot more into player development in this save and have been experimenting with various things. Had some good success with literally just putting everyone under 24 on double intensity training and obviously tailoring their individual training to what I feel they lack.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Real Madrid signed Lautuaro Martinez, Gabriel Jesus, Haland and martial.

Jesus was transfer listed almost instantly, Martinez loaned out (to me) and Haland rotates with Martial.

AI squad building is bonkers.

Berbaclass

Jesus was transfer listed almost instantly, Martinez loaned out (to me) and Haland rotates with Martial.

I think they've improved it this year. I can't say I've noticed and weird scenarios like the one you have described on my saves yet.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
What constitutes ‘challenging for the title’? I was 2nd in the table on the final day of the season, one point behind city- they won their last game and I lost mine so they finish 4 points above me but we were neck and neck all season. Now I have Sancho crying like a bitch because I promised him that we’d challenge for the title.
Im pretty sure I promised him that we would challenge within 2 seasons and this is still the first season so I’m thinking it must be a glitch. I’ll have to save game before I have the conversation with him, so that I can retry if the conversation goes badly and he demands a transfer. Don’t normally do shit like this as it feels dirty but it’s not my fault plus I am hoping to win the league and retire next season so this is the last thing I need.

MattofManchester

What constitutes ‘challenging for the title’? I was 2nd in the table on the final day of the season, one point behind city- they won their last game and I lost mine so they finish 4 points above me but we were neck and neck all season. Now I have Sancho crying like a bitch because I promised him that we’d challenge for the title.
Im pretty sure I promised him that we would challenge within 2 seasons and this is still the first season so I’m thinking it must be a glitch. I’ll have to save game before I have the conversation with him, so that I can retry if the conversation goes badly and he demands a transfer. Don’t normally do shit like this as it feels dirty but it’s not my fault plus I am hoping to win the league and retire next season so this is the last thing I need.
Seems like a bug. I have the likes of Rashford in my squad wondering about moving to a bigger club. Even squad players. There are a few problems this year.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I feel like players are always fickle and unreasonable. It doesn't take a lot to rock the boat.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

To be fair, so was Jovic. :lol:

Santos J

Second leg Europa quarter final of my first European campain at Deportivo in season 4 and 8 of my first choice XI are either suspended or injured :lol: This should be fun.

Santos J

That’s rough :lol:

What’s the score from the first leg?
Yeah just a bit! Fecking Leipzig as well. Lost 2-0 which all things considered wasn't too bad as had a couple of players in there who've never played a first team game before and only 1 natural centre back. Now the Copa del Rey final 3 days later......

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I signed Connor Hourihane on a free and he's just gone and bagged the winner against Celtic, despite me being down to ten men.

Currently 8 points clear after 11 games.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Decided to leave Sunderland at the end of the season (was my third with them) as they were giving me no money, despite me always outperforming expectations. Ended up getting to the Championship play off final with them, but I was fed up with the club so I threw the final by playing the youngsters and resigned after.

Then took the Nottingham Forest job who are also in the Championship but with a much bigger budget, and I raided Sunderland for all the best players I had there. Feels quite good to be a dick to them.

Berbaclass

Started my build a nation type save in Austria. I decided to go with Austria Vienna. Will be interesting to try and establish dominance over RB Salzburg first and foremost, after that we'll worry about Europe!

2E_MUFC

Thinking about buying this tomorrow. Is CDKeys still the best place to buy it? Or is there somewhere cheaper?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I started unemployed and simmed forward to Jan 2023, looking for the worst job I could find.

This is the ticket:

15 games to make up a 10 point deficit with a threadbare squad of absolute cloggers.

I've got my utter dog shit 4-4-2 long ball counter attack tactic loaded up, and I just landed a regen wonderkid centre forward on loan from Spurs til the end of the season. I was looking for someone who was good in the air, and somehow missed that he's some sort of mutant:

6ft9!

Imagine meeting this fella in dark alley, towering over you:

SI should probably work on not making their regens look like crimestoppers mugshots.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
St. Pauli are an extremely interesting club too. A hipsters wet dream

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
37 year-old Ronaldo is my current top goalscorer from the LW. Had room good success using him as a ramdeuter just drifting into space.
I got him back too on a one year deal and he is my top scorer from the left and a very good rotation option for up front with Lautaro Martinez and Greenwood. Haaland went to PSG and for about 200k a week less than he was asking from me? Same with Alaba to city. Sickened because I was tapping them up and they were complaining they couldn’t join me and then they sign elsewhere for less cash? Nuno Mendez in and sell shaw next... I always start with United to suss the game out. I’m really enjoying it. I just Sold McTominay for 48 million to wolves and bought Camavinga in for 62. I could definitely manage United better than the glazers! :) :devil:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there a way to tell how close your players are to the level below a full green heart? Like sometimes it looks like my first team are all fit but then after 2 minutes they all drop to the level below. There doesn’t seem to be a way to tell how close they are to that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is there a way to tell how close your players are to the level below a full green heart? Like sometimes it looks like my first team are all fit but then after 2 minutes they all drop to the level below. There doesn’t seem to be a way to tell how close they are to that.
There are some skins which shows the numbers like in old version.

Berbaclass

I got him back too on a one year deal and he is my top scorer from the left and a very good rotation option for up front with Lautaro Martinez and Greenwood. Haaland went to PSG and for about 200k a week less than he was asking from me? Same with Alaba to city. Sickened because I was tapping them up and they were complaining they couldn’t join me and then they sign elsewhere for less cash? Nuno Mendez in and sell shaw next... I always start with United to suss the game out. I’m really enjoying it. I just Sold McTominay for 48 million to wolves and bought Camavinga in for 62. I could definitely manage United better than the glazers! :) :devil:
I tried getting Alaba but he joined City on mine also. No worries I just got Bastoni anyway.

Berbaclass

Finished my first season with Austria Vienna. Came 3rd but I'm actually fairly disappointed I didn't come 2nd because I was 12 points clear (in 2nd not top of the league, was 3 points behind RB Salzburg) at the end of the league stage. Then it all fell apart. Ended up 1 point behind Rapid in the Championship Stage. Also lost in the cup final to LASK.

One thing is for sure though, I absolutely fecking despise Salzburg already. Our first game was tight and they won 1-0 and I was satisfied to an extent as it was one of my first games in charge and I knew they were the best in the league. After that though they've absolutely fecking demolished me every time we've played since. 6-0, 5-0 and 5-1. Adeyemi, Daka and Szoboszlai are just such an unfair advantage :lol:

I've made some pretty good signings. I was really struggling to bring in even free transfers, being over the wage budget by 10-15k and I wanted to sign a DM on 10k a week but I just couldn't find the money to do it so I asked the board for more money in January and they game me 8 Million. I was stunned :lol:

I couldn't fecking believe it. First thing I did obviously was sign Arezo for 2.2 Million because the league is wonderful and has no registration/matchday rules at all and you can sign players from literally anywhere in the world. He'll also net me a healthy profit when he outgrows us in a couple of years. Then I got a really nice you LB from Bodo/Glimt (Bjørkan) who was a little pricey (1 Million rising to 3.2) but my tactic is based on my left hand side so I needed a really nice LB who was good as a CWB. Ugarte was another I could't pass up for 1.7 Million.

Also got Jozo Šimunović on a free which I thought was amazing. Couldn't believe there was a CB that good available for free transfer and relatively young too.