Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Berbaclass

Finished my 4th season with Southampton, a 0-1 Loss at Anfield on the last day of the season cost me the league title but we were only in with a chance because Utd bottled an 8 point lead in the run in, so not too disappointed. Got smashed a bit by PSG in the CL Quarters after topping our group and beating Inter in both last 16 legs. Szobozslai has been an absolute monster for me playing as in inverted winger on the left of a 442. Scores an insane amount of headers at the back post.

Good stuff man, what's your team?

BarcaSpurs

Good stuff man, what's your team?

My squads main weakness is the performance of my full backs, I don't think I've had a single full back average over a 7.0 over a season in 4 years. I'm not sure whether its a tactical issue or whether my full backs are just a bit average. Bought Atal and Pellegrini with the idea to move to a 352 but just can't ever get that formation working in FM games. Got a good prospect for RB in my Colombian regen Sherman Roa but im not convinced by his attributes.

Dave_MUFC

Think the game is a bit too easy in England, at least for the first season. I've managed to get to January with Fulham in the Europa league spots, beating most of the big boys and having a lot of draws.

The challenges are better with mid-level clubs in lesser leagues. Valencia has been quite a difficult challenge, both financially, and getting the players to perform to the level they should. Sporting Lisbon and Anderlecht have also been fun ones, where I haven't been able to run away at the top yet.

Solius

Bearded Scholes admirer
Staff
My last save was probably the longest one I've had in ages. I usually give up early on but I got to 2026/27 in that one and managed 4 different clubs and won about 11 trophies. Gave up at Chelsea though as I just found it boring, they were stacked when I arrived and I barely changed anything to take them from 8th to winning the league.

Going to start a one club save I think. Not sure where yet.

Lay

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
Think the game is a bit too easy in England, at least for the first season. I've managed to get to January with Fulham in the Europa league spots, beating most of the big boys and having a lot of draws.

The challenges are better with mid-level clubs in lesser leagues. Valencia has been quite a difficult challenge, both financially, and getting the players to perform to the level they should. Sporting Lisbon and Anderlecht have also been fun ones, where I haven't been able to run away at the top yet.
I always find England boring and easy. I did well with Sevilla and took over United (I rarely ever take the job). My first 6 games were 4-0, 5-1, 6-0, 3-0 (Chelsea), 4-1, 7-0 (Hull City). Got bored and quit the save.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
ive just won the world cup with belgium after winning it with portugal 4 years ago and i cant get another international job. "you arent thought to be the best person for this particular job" but for every single one
Well obviously you are a witch. It is quite possible some of those countries still have laws against witchcraft.

Solius

Bearded Scholes admirer
Staff
I'm going to start a save unemployed and take the first Prem job that comes up. I will then try and turn that team into the best in the world.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm going to start a save unemployed and take the first Prem job that comes up. I will then try and turn that team into the best in the world.
If it's based on the real world, good luck at Chelsea.

Solius

Bearded Scholes admirer
Staff
Good team for the youth setup.
Some nice young players in there to build around too. Bowen, Cardoso, Rice, Diop etc.
They have one scout :lol: ffs

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Finally had a chance to get a decent run in this (thank you COVID) and it is just insane what they have done with Liverpool. 20 games in on my save they have 58 points, are averaging over 3 goals a game and have a GD of roughly infinity. I am playing with Utd to get a feel for this version before venturing off into the challenging clubs and my take away is to just avoid England for a few years.

Solius

Bearded Scholes admirer
Staff
West Ham! Rock bottom in the Prem on Dec 15th.

I despise them so might take time for me to make them likeable.
Ffs I just cannot get past how much I hate West Ham. They hadn't won a game from the opening 14 when I took over and I've got them out of the relegation zone but I just cannot shake the dislike :lol: Feels wrong to try and make them good. I have to start again now.

Solius

Bearded Scholes admirer
Staff
Ok I've restarted and taken the Palace job with them 18th on Jan 10th 2021. Will try and make them the best team in the world.