Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I ended up buying the full version :lol: read the reviews of the mobile and touch iPad versions, and it seemed like it would annoy me with random results.

I don’t normally bother, but what’s the best way of installing faces, logos etc? I did a quick Google earlier but the first page i came across didn’t seem to have it for the Slovenian league, which I’m playing.
FM Scout is a good one to use.
Have also used Sortitoutsi in the past too!

FM touch is free I think to anyone who purchases the game on steam, so whilst you won't be able to use this on your Ipad, you could still have a more streamlined game on your PC if you find the full game too much!!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There in the usual places. Sortitoutsi or FM Scout or FM Base
Sorry, looks like I plagiarized your post, didn't mean too.

I've never used FM base though, will check that one out.

Dan_F

FM Scout is a good one to use.
Have also used Sortitoutsi in the past too!

FM touch is free I think to anyone who purchases the game on steam, so whilst you won't be able to use this on your Ipad, you could still have a more streamlined game on your PC if you find the full game too much!!
Cheers, will check it out. I’m okay with the normal version. Put 300 hours into FM20, so well aware of what I’ve let myself in for :lol:

YAMS49

Is there any decent and nice facepacks for this one ? Seeing so many facepacks has been disappeared after license debacle in last FM 2020.
If you want a facepack then use sortitoutsi as they have a direct download link to DF11 packs which spare you having to use their awful website. I used this yesterday for my earlier screenshots so can confirm it works!!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anyone ever done a save where you hand over 100% total control of transfers and contracts to a DOF and you purely worry about training and matches?

Im fascinated by this idea and also the inverse. Where you would have control of the transfers and contracts but then hand off control of the training and matches to a assistant/DOF.

The first one would be easy to do but the second a bit more tricky. The training part is easy but I don’t think there’s a way to serve someone else to pick and manage the team in game, like making subs etc.

Going to look into it as there is an option in staff responsibilities that suggests it should do something like that but didn’t work when I tried it last time. Maybe with the update it’s fixed it or maybe I’m just totally misunderstanding the functionality of it.

YAMS49

Anyone ever done a save where you hand over 100% total control of transfers and contracts to a DOF and you purely worry about training and matches?
It's easy to leave the DOF in charge of transfers. They make a right pigs ear of it mind you but it's possible. You can give them target lists, ask them to move players on and highlight youth/young players for development lists. In essence this works & is possibly as realistic as it could be to some modern day coach/DOF dynamics. However as I mentioned they are crap at it as are nearly all staff on the game.

For the actual match side you can set your AM to handle all match responsibilities I think and there's also an instant results option in some skins but you still have to pick the base tactic(s), I don't think there's any way around that at all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I usually have my settings for my DoF to make offers for signings for the first and youth team just in case there is anyone that has slipped through my radar. I keep it so I have the final say on the transfer though in case they’re terrible (99% of the time they are). The DoF always give terrible contracts too with clauses like yearly wage rises etc. I hate them.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's easy to leave the DOF in charge of transfers. They make a right pigs ear of it mind you but it's possible. You can give them target lists, ask them to move players on and highlight youth/young players for development lists. In essence this works & is possibly as realistic as it could be to some modern day coach/DOF dynamics. However as I mentioned they are crap at it as are nearly all staff on the game.

For the actual match side you can set your AM to handle all match responsibilities I think and there's also an instant results option in some skins but you still have to pick the base tactic(s), I don't think there's any way around that at all.
Them being crap would be the challenge and sort of fun in my eyes. Would certainly be an interesting save.

YAMS49

I usually have my settings for my DoF to make offers for signings for the first and youth team just in case there is anyone that has slipped through my radar. I keep it so I have the final say on the transfer though in case they’re terrible (99% of the time they are). The DoF always give terrible contracts too with clauses like yearly wage rises etc. I hate them.
Yep, they will screw you over on some contracts/deals.... They are doing what all AI teams are doing though so you could say it was fair/more of a challenge. Transfers/contracts are part of the fun for me so I like to keep control of these. There's other ways to make the game harder to play...

YAMS49

Them being crap would be the challenge and sort of fun in my eyes. Would certainly be an interesting save.
If you have the patience to see it through I'd be impressed... But your right in that it would replicate some nearer reality situations. How many times do we hear managers giving targets lists to those upstairs and working with what they are given.

Also if you got fired you could say these weren't your players..!!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve toyed with it where they make offers but I finalised them. I didn’t finalise a single one because they were awful awful signings. My DOF made a bid for a regen, £56m and he wasn’t even good enough for my bench :lol:

NoLogo

If you have the patience to see it through I'd be impressed... But your right in that it would replicate some nearer reality situations. How many times do we hear managers giving targets lists to those upstairs and working with what they are given.

Also if you got fired you could say these weren't your players..!!
I'm actually tempted to do that in a journeyman save game. Would surely be closer to reality this way but also more difficult and you would probably have to play a formation that your DOF prefers and will likely buy players for.

YAMS49

I'm actually tempted to do that in a journeyman save game. Would surely be closer to reality this way but also more difficult and you would probably have to play a formation that your DOF prefers and will likely buy players for.
You would need to give the DOF targets & they would then try to sign them for you. To leave them in charge solely without targets would be too random. So if you target a position(s) per window & then give them let's say 5 players who your scouts have identified & who are interested or mildly interested in joining you, that would be nearer realism I imagine.

For selling players that would be far easier, just add them to the unwanted list then then wait..... a long time.... So just like real life!!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So the top 6 in the PL placed bids that were half the value for both my starting CB's. When I turned those down both players lost their shit and half my team revolted. Now there are offers coming in from the PL for almost my entire starting 11, all of them below the value of the player. This led to being bombarded with new contract requests from members of my Ajax U18 team. The last one was an 18 yo GK who had played one game in the U18's! I cut his ass. Wish there was a "whose bitch ass is next" option in team meetings.

YAMS49

So the top 6 in the PL placed bids that were half the value for both my starting CB's. When I turned those down both players lost their shit and half my team revolted. Now there are offers coming in from the PL for almost my entire starting 11, all of them below the value of the player. This led to being bombarded with new contract requests from members of my Ajax U18 team. The last one was an 18 yo GK who had played one game in the U18's! I cut his ass. Wish there was a "whose bitch ass is next" option in team meetings.
Did you turn them down flat or try to re-negotiate at a much higher price?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Same here, a bunch of my lads have release clauses in them too as they wouldn't accept a contract without it. My best CB has just gone to Wuhan for 20m. Gutted but at the same time that's our finances secured for a couple of years.

YAMS49

Same here, a bunch of my lads have release clauses in them too as they wouldn't accept a contract without it. My best CB has just gone to Wuhan for 20m. Gutted but at the same time that's our finances secured for a couple of years.
To get out of offering a release clause bump up the signing on fee for both the player and agent to higher (much in some cases) than requested. Works very well and whilst hurts you short term can save you heartache in the long run.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Did you turn them down flat or try to re-negotiate at a much higher price?
Tried to renegotiate, offered about 20% above the players value, figuring they would bring it down to about the value (which to be plain is still not high enough). Instead they all made non negotiable offers still below the value.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To get out of offering a release clause bump up the signing on fee for both the player and agent to higher (much in some cases) than requested. Works very well and whilst hurts you short term can save you heartache in the long run.
It's not possible to do that when they have the release clause as non-negotiable when you enter the contract ;)

YAMS49

Tried to renegotiate, offered about 20% above the players value, figuring they would bring it down to about the value (which to be plain is still not high enough). Instead they all made non negotiable offers still below the value.
Hmm... tough one that. Usually when you renegotiate & your new value isn't met the player isn't quite as pissed as they except they haven't met the clubs desired value. It's very possible the level you are at the to Prem is having a factor here and this is pretty realistic to some level.

Have you gone entirely through the next transfer window yet? Promises and happiness levels over transfers reset after every window if they are deemed unrealistic. Unhappy players can change their minds very quickly post transfer windows, especially if they are getting their promised/allotted game time.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hmm... tough one that. Usually when you renegotiate & your new value isn't met the player isn't quite as pissed as they except they haven't met the clubs desired value. It's very possible the level you are at the to Prem is having a factor here and this is pretty realistic to some level.

Have you gone entirely through the next transfer window yet? Promises and happiness levels over transfers reset after every window if they are deemed unrealistic. Unhappy players can change their minds very quickly post transfer windows, especially if they are getting their promised/allotted game time.
Playing as Ajax, so my reputation is better than almost all Prem teams. I am wondering if something got tweaked in the latest patch as I did not have this issue in my Feyenoord save. We are almost through the January window, so if I can make it to Feb I should be ok. I figure when I win the league (current 19-0-0) and have a good showing in the CL I might be able to convince them to stay or command a better fee.

YAMS49

Playing as Ajax, so my reputation is better than almost all Prem teams. I am wondering if something got tweaked in the latest patch as I did not have this issue in my Feyenoord save. We are almost through the January window, so if I can make it to Feb I should be ok. I figure when I win the league (current 19-0-0) and have a good showing in the CL I might be able to convince them to stay or command a better fee.
Your team rep may be higher but the Eredivisie to the English Prem is your problem I would of thought. It will always be classed as a step up in the game coefficients list.

Could well be game related though, yes. I'll confess to not putting much time in to 21 so far. See what happens right after the Jan window closes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Russian league is pretty shite. I have Old man Dzuba dominating the league but can’t do anything in the UCL. Has 21 goals in 26 games in the league. I thought it would be a bit harder but any average Russian player is a god

Grib

The Russian league is pretty shite. I have Old man Dzuba dominating the league but can’t do anything in the UCL. Has 21 goals in 26 games in the league. I thought it would be a bit harder but any average Russian player is a god
Greece is pretty good for an alternative league, did panathanikos, plenty of competition in the league for the first few seasons, theyre broke as shit too, while the other teams are selling their shit kids players for 20mil

I'm hoping to get my first title in season 4 I think here after somehow getting to the cl 1/4 final in our first modernday apperance :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Do clubs tend to list payers for loan during or approaching the January window?

It's December 11th in game and we need to sign a left back. We only have one in the squad currently. A couple of weeks ago the other one we had, who was our starter and on loan suffered a serious injury so returned to Everton, his parent club.

Trying to figure out what to do. Currently there ar no good players listed at all in that position, will clubs list some soon? My other option is a free agent who would right now be the worst player in the squad although he does have some potential. The free agent knows it too, only wants to be considered emergency backup but he's better than the current planers listed for loan who are all terrible. The best one plays for Wycombe in League One.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Do clubs tend to list payers for loan during or approaching the January window?

It's December 11th in game and we need to sign a left back. We only have one in the squad currently. A couple of weeks ago the other one we had, who was our starter and on loan suffered a serious injury so returned to Everton, his parent club.

Trying to figure out what to do. Currently there ar no good players listed at all in that position, will clubs list some soon? My other option is a free agent who would right now be the worst player in the squad although he does have some potential. The free agent knows it too, only wants to be considered emergency backup but he's better than the current planers listed for loan who are all terrible. The best one plays for Wycombe in League One.
Checked back on December 25th and there were more players listed for loan. Not ruling out that I didn't somehow mess up my search parameters at first but we're sorted now. Put an offer in and the loan went through just now on January 1st.

Winter break just started and we're top. Lost 6 but we've only drawn 1 so we're racking up enough wins to be ahead of the pack.

Finished 2nd the Europa League group behind Real Sociedad. FC Kobenhavn and Universitatea Craivoa (who?) were the other teams in the group. Been drawn against Dynamo Kyiv in the first knockout round.

Also landed our first major trophy, the Betfred Cup. Beat Hibs in the final, bit of a dodgy victory 3-2 with a last minute winner that we didn't really deserve. xG was 1.83-1.37 in their favour and our xG was about 0.90 until that chance. Not going to grumble too much, that's big prgress and there's exciting times ahead!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

We did it. Championship winners and Prem here we come. Since the patch I have been scoring quite freely and been involved in a bunch of fun games. Currently emargoed because of a potential takeover which is irritating as I can't do some early summer business. We are having to move to Craven Cottage in the PL too as our stadium doesn't meet requirements. We are planning a new stadium though and are currently looking for a site to build it on. It will be a 19,250 seater which is double what we currently have.

VNLS 1st - > VNL 1st - > League 2 1st - > League 1 1st - > Championship 9th - > Championship 1st.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't seem to get any consistency in my attacks. One game I'll have 30+ shots, next it'll be barely above 10. Very solid defensively and my xG is always good, just the total shot count isn't enough. Might get rid of work ball into box. Have Greenwood and Joao Felix as my strikeforce for Forrest, went all out in the window to try and get the title as I missed out by 5 points last season. So far just the 1 trophy in my 5 seasons since joining the prem, a CL title but can't get over the league hump.

Chipper

Adulterer.

We did it. Championship winners and Prem here we come. Since the patch I have been scoring quite freely and been involved in a bunch of fun games. Currently emargoed because of a potential takeover which is irritating as I can't do some early summer business. We are having to move to Craven Cottage in the PL too as our stadium doesn't meet requirements. We are planning a new stadium though and are currently looking for a site to build it on. It will be a 19,250 seater which is double what we currently have.

VNLS 1st - > VNL 1st - > League 2 1st - > League 1 1st - > Championship 9th - > Championship 1st.
Nice one! Did you say you were going to try and sign players from the London area only when you started the save? Have you managed to stick to that or just gone for the best out there in the end?

I imagine that would be hard, so if you have done that then even better on top of what is great going anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nice one! Did you say you were going to try and sign players from the London area only when you started the save? Have you managed to stick to that or just gone for the best out there in the end?

I imagine that would be hard, so if you have done that then even better on top of what is great going anyway.
I was going to try that but then completely forgot about it 2 seasons in. I think what I will do instead is solidify myself as a PL team and get my facilities up to scratch and then go down that route. This is only my 2nd proper save on this version so I feel like I deserve to not be too strict with myself currently :D

Chipper

Adulterer.
Can't seem to get any consistency in my attacks. One game I'll have 30+ shots, next it'll be barely above 10. Very solid defensively and my xG is always good, just the total shot count isn't enough. Might get rid of work ball into box. Have Greenwood and Joao Felix as my strikeforce for Forrest, went all out in the window to try and get the title as I missed out by 5 points last season. So far just the 1 trophy in my 5 seasons since joining the prem, a CL title but can't get over the league hump.
A little over 10 would seem ok to me on the face of it unless they were all coming from long distance but you said the xG was still good so they must have been decent chances.

Suppose you're looking to completely dominate, but how do you compare to other teams on the shot stats? I'm only in Scotland but would think everything is still relative. The top Scottish teams trying to dominate as much as the top English teams within their own divisions.If 10+ is a bad day it sounds alright to me. Maybe the English league is different, think I've only ever seen 30 in a friendly.

Anyway, I'd say not to worry, sounds like you might be doing fine.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A little over 10 would seem ok to me on the face of it unless they were all coming from long distance but you said the xG was still good so they must have been decent chances.

Suppose you're looking to completely dominate, but how do you compare to other teams on the shot stats? I'm only in Scotland but would think everything is still relative. The top Scottish teams trying to dominate as much as the top English teams within their own divisions.If 10+ is a bad day it sounds alright to me. Maybe the English league is different, think I've only ever seen 30 in a friendly.

Anyway, I'd say not to worry, sounds like you might be doing fine.
I'm 3rd in xG but 8th in total shots, 9th in clear cut chances.. doesn't quite add up! United/City/Liverpool are all 16+ in shots per game, I'm at 12.5. Last season had only 64 goals but only conceded 20 against. Might have to try a revamped tactic to get more attacking overall. It has certain games/periods where I go on great run and score loads, others where I struggle to score more than 1. Pretty much the same tactic for 4 seasons straight and I scored more goals with lesser quality player :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
How do you know when FM is trolling you?

When your youth intake report says you have a once in a generation winger and then you see this:

Kinky Melinky

Is it normal for your team to play the 1st two games abnormally well (both games I scored 5 goals each and only conceded 1 goal) and then just about snatch draws against teams who are flirting with the relegation zone? I thought that maybe it had something to do with realism. You know the way players react to new management but then go off the boil.