Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

roseguy64

Currently, still playing FM18. So asking this, do you still have to have the player in your first team/youth squad from between18-21 for them t count as HG if you bought them?

I think the real-life rule is just that they're on your books for it to count.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is genie scout worth downloading? Is it cheating?
I always use it and think it's great.

I don't think the free version is working just now by the way so might want to wait. Whenever FM updates it stops working and Eugene, the guy who makes it always updates the paid version of Genie Scout first, before doing the free version 3 or 4 weeks later. It's a perk for those who have donated to him.

It's also a fantastic sales technique, I bought the paid version when my free one stopped working the other day after the FM winter update. I donated the minimum, was just over £5 when VAT is thrown in.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I always use it and think it's great.

I don't think the free version is working just now by the way so might want to wait. Whenever FM updates it stops working and Eugene, the guy who makes it always updates the paid version of Genie Scout first, before doing the free version 3 or 4 weeks later. It's a perk for those who have donated to him.

It's also a fantastic sales technique, I bought the paid version when my free one stopped working the other day after the FM winter update. I donated the minimum, was just over £5 when VAT is thrown in.
Thanks mate

I think I'm going to.leave it for now and try and use my own judgement and see how I get on.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Your rep might be a bit too low still?
Yeah maybe. I suppose I would have thought that it work opposite to that.

A club with a low rep but with a player who is worth more than his release clause would be ripe for picking in the real world I'd have thought. The low rep club wouldn't be able to convince him to stay or offer him a new attractive deal should a bigger side come in for him.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Your rep might be a bit too low still?
Thinking more about my last post - my rep is still national so you're almost certainly right.

The player's clauses have been for foreign clubs only so far. If my club isn't really known outside of it's own country then the players who play for me won't be either. Anyway, rep might be about to go up again, we're sort of in that period between the end of the season and the new fixtures being released. Rep changes get announced on the day before the new fixtures go up, don't they? Not sure if they actually change then or if it's an ongoing process.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I'm quite happy with my first season. Media predicted a 23rd place finish (only 23 teams in NL in season 1) and finished 11th.

Inconsistent results were my downfall. I need to try and improve the defence.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just another whinge about being unable to unload players.

This guy was worth 5.25m apparently, wouldb't pay that myself but offered him out for 5, 3.3, 2.2, 1.5, 1, 650k, 400k, 250k, 180k, 120k, 80k, 50, 35k, 20k, 10k and free. No takers. Offered for loan for 100% wages (£1.1k a week), 70%, 50%, and 20% when St Mirren offered us £110 a week. Took i because he's just not in my plans.

This fella is worth, much less, but similar story. Sunderland aren;t paying anything at all for his loan there.

I mean they're not great players but come on, they did alright for the 2nd best team in Scotland. Would have thought we could have done better than that.

The money isn't important to us, we're doing well in that regard so I shouldn't whinge too much. I just like a clean break when offloading players, don't like them hanging around. Better for their careers too if they can find a club that wants them.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Annoying gripe is when some players fail to have their biography updated. I’m not sure if it affects their mood if the cups they win don’t end up on their page but it’s slightly annoying.

Minor issue but it makes me want to sell them :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Fallen in love with double trequartistas on the wings. Changed my formation for the first time in like 6/7 seasons and we're on a great run.

Berbaclass

Just realized I'm 4 years unbeaten at home in the league (64 games)

Once again so close to the perfect season (32 wins) but I drew one again.

I am currently 53 games without a loss though, the record is 55 (which was of course set by me). I've had one or two really good attempts at beating it since I set it nearly 5 years ago and should do it comfortably now.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I both love and hate 'non-contract' terms at the same time.

It's great for picking up decent players at minimal cost, but it doesn't take long for other teams to realise they're decent and offer them contracts. I've already lost 3 players and I'm only on boxing day.

Anyway. We are going in to Christmas 2nd behind Torquay. Three huge games in 7 days.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm done with this game.

One of my cnut players complaining I don't play him enough and creating unrest in the dressing room. He's fecking injured so I can't play him!

Another players wants to leave but when I try sell him, he kicks up stink that I'm forcing him out.

My board are unhappy with my results... I'm second in the league with Luton... One draw, rest wins. They give me no budget and complain about being second... Which is ironic considering the start of season objective was to steer clear of relegation.

YAMS49

I'm done with this game.

One of my cnut players complaining I don't play him enough and creating unrest in the dressing room. He's fecking injured so I can't play him!

Another players wants to leave but when I try sell him, he kicks up stink that I'm forcing him out.

My board are unhappy with my results... I'm second in the league with Luton... One draw, rest wins. They give me no budget and complain about being second... Which is ironic considering the start of season objective was to steer clear of relegation.
Would love a copy of your save to see what's going on here. Sounds nuts.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'm done with this game.

Think I'm going to get similar soon Offered a player out, no interest but I was weak and when he said he was unhappy about being offered I promised I wouldn't sell him as h'es a team leader. The promise lasts for about 18 months. Thing is, he's 3rd choice in his position and not playing at all. Expecting him to simutaneously want to leave due to lack of playing time but want to stay because I promised I wouldn't sell him in the near future.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Failed to get in the CL group stages, falling at the final hurdle for the second season in a row.

Back to the Europa again, got to the quarters last 2 seasons, let's see if we can better that! Tough looking draw for the group stage as we've got Everton and Hamburger SV. The other team, Dinamo Zagreb are easy. Beat them with my 2nd string wanting to rest players ahead of a trip to Celtic.

Berbaclass

Big game bottler.
I was always concerned about that but I’ve won 4 CL and he’s been key in all of the finals. He’s also now lost that negative so it must have been high single digits (8/9) so I’m guessing he’s at least 10 now and is neutral.

Lay

I never take the ‘doesn’t like big games’ thing seriously anymore. I’ve had plenty of players with that who end up playing well in big games.

It used to be make or break with me but it doesn’t matter much in my experience

Berbaclass

I never take the ‘doesn’t like big games’ thing seriously anymore. I’ve had plenty of players with that who end up playing well in big games.

It used to be make or break with me but it doesn’t matter much in my experience
I only take notice if it’s red. Orange is fine for the most part. Whether it be consistency, big games etc.

Lay

Why do championship teams spend so much? Watford and Derby have activated release clauses in some of my u19 players. They’re about £18m for each. They’re not that highly rated. Probably decent lower EPL players if they hit their max.

stepic

anyone noticed an uptick in 'comedy' goals - like an attempted clearance bouncing off a team mate leading to an own goal? i've had two now in the space of a few days.

YAMS49

Why do championship teams spend so much? Watford and Derby have activated release clauses in some of my u19 players. They’re about £18m for each. They’re not that highly rated. Probably decent lower EPL players if they hit their max.
Because the default manager AI is terrible at squad build management.

Chipper

Adulterer.
anyone noticed an uptick in 'comedy' goals - like an attempted clearance bouncing off a team mate leading to an own goal? i've had two now in the space of a few days.
After updating I saw a type of comedy goal I'd not seen before twice in the same day of playing, but then I''ve not seen it since so I'm beginning to think it was just coincidence.

Always had a few of the type you mention, my one was an overhit long ball going to the keeper who comes to the edge of the box to claim it. It looks like he gets worried he's about to go outside the box with the ball for a handball. Didn't actually make out if he headers it instead of catching it, weakly punches it or drops it on purpose to avoid the handball. His hands are up near his face and I didn't read the comms or watch a replay. Anyway, ball goes straight to my forward who rolls it in.

Thought I was going to start seeing that often after seeing it twice in one day but not at all since.

Long-throws are a great source of comedy goals for me, AI hardly ever uses them as a tactic against me so I think I'm lucky there as they appear to be a bit broken. Goalies are rubbish at dealing and drop them more often than you'd expect in the real world. Much more often though, I benefit from a long throw that doesn't even reach the goalie from a bit further out. Defenders seem to switch off completely, almost like they're trying to play offside and a forward gets into between the defence and 'keeper for an effort at goal while unmarked. It's usually a volley or header and I score quite a few like that.

stu_1992

3 seasons in and finally won a trophy with my Brest team, The French Cup! Made to the final the previous 2 years and lost to PSG and Monaco respectively so it was a relief to beat Lyon this time around. Had a decent showing in europe too so I'm looking forward to getting soem funds at the end of the season and really building on the team. But yeah a first top level trophy for the club so I'm pleased with the progress in just 3 years.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I'm done with this game.

Please upload your save, I need to see this.

Chipper

Adulterer.
What actually happens if you have a bad relationship with the press?

I'm guessing they start twisting your words and printing headlines which could affect player morale, is that it?

Always had a good one but just lately when I give neutral answers they've started the whole "We really need to press you for an answer on this question" kind of thing and they get pissed off if I repeat my answer. I don't care if they don't like me, but I don't want it affecting my team.

I don't really like the whole press thing and see it as a bit of a chore but still do them myself in case the assistant says something stupid, like we're going batter Bayern 8-0 or get hammered by a non-league side. Also think it's a bit weird how it's framed, sometimes it's from the point of view of the journo so when they ask a question that sounds negative and you answer negatively to it, it's actually positive towards your team in a way. It's just disagreeing with the premise/framing of the question so you're answering in the negative. As my mind is always on my team and trying to answer in a way I think would be good for them it just seems a bit strange that at times saying something that I think will boost their confidence is called negative.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
How do I do this?

Also, can I re-download the game and the save file still ok?
The save file should be on your local machine. Usually in documents/sports interactive/games or somewhere like that. If you copy and move that file, uninstall/reinstall and then move it back to the new games folder then it should still load I think.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The save file should be on your local machine. Usually in documents/sports interactive/games or somewhere like that. If you copy and move that file, uninstall/reinstall and then move it back to the new games folder then it should still load I think.
Hmm... you do realise I was playing on the phone right? I mentioned this a while back but maybe you missed it.