Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

YAMS49

This actually happened to me in FM2020 but I presume it can happen in 2021.

I have a saved game and am 15 years in. I just noticed that I won the World Cup and my Hall of Fame points didn't increase. I went in to it and saw that the game has created a second record of myself. (I was wondering why after I won the Champions League with St. Pauli that my application to be Lecce manager was laughed at)

Basically I now have two records for my profile and it is adding any new trophy wins to the second one. The first has effectively retired.

This has ruined my game. Is there anyway to fix it? I didn't change computers or delete files, anything like that.
File sounds corrupted. Can I be cheeky & ask if any scam save reloading was going on? I've seen this happen on past versions with scam saving. Any editor files running also?

Name Changed

weso26
File sounds corrupted. Can I be cheeky & ask if any scam save reloading was going on? I've seen this happen on past versions with scam saving. Any editor files running also?
Scam saving? What's that? Does that mean saving and then playing a match again if you lose? No none of that.

The only editor files I use were to make lesser countries playable and to give smaller countries a better regen score so it may lead to regens from those countries. This seems to have happened about 12 years into the career mode though.

NoLogo

I’ll have to look again later, I swear it just wasn’t there in the media options under responsibilities.

It’s actually the worst part of the game for me, even having to do an extra click to start the press conference. Then having to view a summary after too :boring:
The whole interaction module of the game is just so low effort and tedious. I'm not going to go on another rant of how shit I think it is but I simply wish they would just scrap.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I had a weird bug in FM19 that I wish was a real thing. I added someone’s club World Cup database which made it into a 16 team tournament. It worked fine until the Qatar World Cup when the Europa league decided to not continue after the group stage.

I thought I would have to restart the save but bizarrely the next season, the Europa league continued from where it left off in December with a knockout one legged tournament. A few teams played both Europa and CL knockout fixtures that season.

I’m not sure how the game decided to run that but I was impressed that it figured out a way

YAMS49

Scam saving? What's that? Does that mean saving and then playing a match again if you lose? No none of that.

The only editor files I use were to make lesser countries playable and to give smaller countries a better regen score so it may lead to regens from those countries. This seems to have happened about 12 years into the career mode though.
As you described, yes. I've seen that corrupt files in the past. But fair play if you've never done that!!

Looks like a corrupted HOF file then, although that shouldn't effect your overall manager reputation for that particular save. You definitely haven't added another manager with the same name by mistake somehow when changing jobs at some point? Sounds implausible I know.

Name Changed

weso26
As you described, yes. I've seen that corrupt files in the past. But fair play if you've never done that!!

Looks like a corrupted HOF file then, although that shouldn't effect your overall manager reputation for that particular save. You definitely haven't added another manager with the same name by mistake somehow when changing jobs at some point? Sounds implausible I know.
No I definitely never added another manager. I presume that if I did (which I definitely didn't), I'd have two manager profiles and would be able to manage with both.

I normally get bored after about 8 seasons. This is the most I have ever spent at a game. It's very annoying. I'm deleting the whole game now!

YAMS49

No I definitely never added another manager. I presume that if I did (which I definitely didn't), I'd have two manager profiles and would be able to manage with both.

I normally get bored after about 8 seasons. This is the most I have ever spent at a game. It's very annoying. I'm deleting the whole game now!
Sounds like a corrupted file then... The only thing I don't get is why your manager rep would change over a HOF error. If you only have the one manager then your rep is for that save & should be constant. It's almost like it's reset your rep mid game. Did you see the response to team talks alter or your coaching badges reset?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The whole interaction module of the game is just so low effort and tedious. I'm not going to go on another rant of how shit I think it is but I simply wish they would just scrap.
This. On my current save I’m seeing how much you can get out of players just through sheer training/developing and through the interactions.

Praising the best trainers at the club every week or two is an absolute pain. I’m almost glad when they train poorly so it takes less time :lol:

NoLogo

I think my chief scout is a bit mentally challenged. He just recommended Mason Mount as my top transfer target. Transfer card says. Interest: None, Estimated Cost: Don't want to sell. Sure while you are at it why not recommend someone else who would never come to my club. If this is wish-for-a-player we are playing why not simply wish for CR7?

That being said I think I would actually have a better chance getting him than Mount, now that he is 37 and apparently still loves Sporting.

Name Changed

weso26
Sounds like a corrupted file then... The only thing I don't get is why your manager rep would change over a HOF error. If you only have the one manager then your rep is for that save & should be constant. It's almost like it's reset your rep mid game. Did you see the response to team talks alter or your coaching badges reset?
I didn't keep an eye on the coaching badges. I don't bother with the team talks generally. Some of the little stuff takes up so much time.

Berbaclass

I think my chief scout is a bit mentally challenged. He just recommended Mason Mount as my top transfer target. Transfer card says. Interest: None, Estimated Cost: Don't want to sell. Sure while you are at it why not recommend someone else who would never come to my club. If this is wish-for-a-player we are playing why not simply wish for CR7?

That being said I think I would actually have a better chance getting him than Mount, now that he is 37 and apparently still loves Sporting.
I tried to get him at Sporting when he was released by Juventus and he was having none of it. I just kept offering him another trial for 4 weeks hoping he’d change his mind.

Chipper

Adulterer.
So we now have a squad, one that complies to MLS rules and everyone having 5 vowels or more in the last name.*

*Well it's actually shirt-name. We have a Rejato Caja but it says that on his shirt so I'm counting him, a Harouna Abou Demba too who wears Abou Demba. Everyone else fitting with nothing dubious going on. It was a challenge to get to this stage I'd say.

We're bad, 1000-1 odds to win MLS. :lol: That's no surprise considering how few players have 5 vowels for this experimental restriction. Now I didn't use Genie Scout to put the squad together but I did peak at the team rating page just to see how bad it thought we were in comparison to the other MLS sides. We're not cut adrift, only very marginally the worst team, it was rating us 68.9 out of 100 and next up was 69.1. The top team is 73-something and while I'd be highly doubtful of us winning it, we could be ok if our tactics end up working. Good tactics normally punch above their weight.

Still don't have any of the Designated Player spots in my squad taken where you bring in a player on bigger money so maybe I could do that at some point which would obviously improve us. Don't really know how to go about it at this present time, 5 vowellers are going to be rare, and I'm confused as to whether a foreign designated player counts as a foreigner or just a designated player. Already used up our full allocation of foreigners so would have to juggle something.

So far we've had a 2 legged CONCACAF CL tie against Waterhouse from Jamaica. Won 3-0 on aggregate, looked comfortable but I think they're awful. Worryingly we lost a friendly in between those games against Birmingham Legion 2-0, albeit with our 2nd best XI.

Bradley Bourgeois has a fantastic name, has to be said.

diarm

Scouting is horrendous in 21.

I've spent ages on my scouting team, filling it with high adaptability and judging potential stats, plus a wide range of regional knowledge.

Then I have each scout on an individual assignment in a different region of nation, with strict rules only to look for players under 23, with at least superb potential ability in his view and who will fit my formation.

Every two weeks we have a scouting meeting where they present me with 34 year old journeymen who play in different positions to those in my formation.

NoLogo

So second season is over. The League was won in March and neither of the cup games was much of a challenge as well. In the CL City was one hurdle too big and we went out after losing at home 2-0 and then winning 1-0 in Manchester which was a bit lucky, admittedly even though we missed a huge chance to make the 2-0 shortly before the end of the match when my right IWB was clean through on goal and skied the shot. City went on to win the CL beating United in the semi-final and Real in the final 2-1 with goals from Silva and Dybala, while Varane scored for Real from a corner.

Meanwhile, my youth team is getting along really well, the u19 smashed the Portuguese u19 league, winning every game. They also won the UCL youth final against PSG youth 5-0 so looks like my youth team is on a good track and I'll be looking forward to maybe promoting one or two players to the first team next season.

Berbaclass

Scouting is horrendous in 21.

I've spent ages on my scouting team, filling it with high adaptability and judging potential stats, plus a wide range of regional knowledge.

Then I have each scout on an individual assignment in a different region of nation, with strict rules only to look for players under 23, with at least superb potential ability in his view and who will fit my formation.

Every two weeks we have a scouting meeting where they present me with 34 year old journeymen who play in different positions to those in my formation.
Setting them to superb is too high IMO.

diarm

I found very good the be the best personally.
I'll have a look at tweaking that so. Perhaps it will help although I'm getting recommendations for 30-40 rated players as is so I'm not sure how lowering the bar will help.

Berbaclass

I'll have a look at tweaking that so. Perhaps it will help although I'm getting recommendations for 30-40 rated players as is so I'm not sure how lowering the bar will help.
Change the minimum recommendation level then.

diarm

Change the minimum recommendation level then.
?

I'm saying my minimum recommendation level is superb but I'm being recommended players with a lower potential recommendation? Is there something else you're suggesting I change?

Berbaclass

?

I'm saying my minimum recommendation level is superb but I'm being recommended players with a lower potential recommendation? Is there something else you're suggesting I change?
You're talking about two different things. There is a potential ability range you can ask scouts to look for when scouting (from unsuitable to star) and there is a scouting recommendation level (1-100) based on the player and his pros/cons.

You can change how the scouting team and recruitment team and analysts etc recommended stuff to you and where stuff appears, whether you want things in your inbox like specific scouting reports you request manually or whether you want some things to go to the scouting centre.

Go into scouting centre and into filters to change things to how you want them. Sounds like you just haven't set them up to how you want them.

diarm

You're talking about two different things. There is a potential ability range you can ask scouts to look for when scouting (from unsuitable to star) and there is a scouting recommendation level (1-100) based on the player and his pros/cons.

You can change how the scouting team and recruitment team and analysts etc recommended stuff to you and where stuff appears, whether you want things in your inbox like specific scouting reports you request manually or whether you want some things to go to the scouting centre.

Go into scouting centre and into filters to change things to how you want them. Sounds like you just haven't set them up to how you want them.
Amazing, thank you!

Lay

Thinking about doing a Bilbao save. Might help to prolong the game as I wouldn’t be scouting and buying amazing players

Berbaclass

Thinking about doing a Bilbao save. Might help to prolong the game as I wouldn’t be scouting and buying amazing players
I like the idea of it but I love searching for players. Of course, you can still do that with Bilbao but on a very limited scope which could be interesting.

I wonder how many regens come through elsewhere with Basque second nationality. I've never really looked/noticed it that much.

Lay

I like the idea of it but I love searching for players. Of course, you can still do that with Bilbao but on a very limited scope which could be interesting.

I wonder how many regens come through elsewhere with Basque second nationality. I've never really looked/noticed it that much.
There’s a way to sign any Spanish players under 16 and they’ll immediately get basque nationality. Not sure I’ll use that because even though it’s intended in the game, it seems like an exploit

I’ve seen Bilbao escape relegation constantly but play some awful youth players because it’s all they can play. Im talking lower league standard players becoming regular starters! But that’s probably just down to bad AI.

I love transfer windows though, it’s possibly my favourite thing about the game but I can’t resist signing every wonderkid and in the end the same
thing occurs where I don’t need to sign anyone ever again because I have a whole heap of quality in the youth teams :lol:

Berbaclass

There’s a way to sign any Spanish players under 16 and they’ll immediately get basque nationality. Not sure I’ll use that because even though it’s intended in the game, it seems like an exploit

I’ve seen Bilbao escape relegation constantly but play some awful youth players because it’s all they can play. Im talking lower league standard players becoming regular starters! But that’s probably just down to bad AI.

I love transfer windows though, it’s possibly my favourite thing about the game but I can’t resist signing every wonderkid and in the end the same
thing occurs where I don’t need to sign anyone ever again because I have a whole heap of quality in the youth teams :lol:
Oh yes, I totally forgot about being able to sign 16 year olds.

I'm sort of tempted to do it myself now :lol:

What's the exploit BTW?

Lay

Oh yes, I totally forgot about being able to sign 16 year olds.

I'm sort of tempted to do it myself now :lol:

What's the exploit BTW?
I mean, it seems like an exploit to sign non basque kids from all over Spain and they just get basque nationality solely because they’re 16 :lol:

I also wouldn’t know what to do with all money. What’s the point of having millions in the bank when transfer fees won’t overly matter unless
I try to sign Laporte or Griezemann.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Out of interest does the instant Basque nationality thing only apply to Bilbao, or all Basque clubs?

Thought of doing a Basque only save at a smaller club before whether they have a Basque only player policy in real life or not. Somewhere like Barakaldo.

I've looked in my save but all their U19s are greyed out for me. They're all Basque so I'm guessing they still would be in a proper save but I don't know. Would probably not want to use that as an exploit too but it would be nice to know it's there or not just in case.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Squad: We're unhappy with the lack of strikers at the club
Me: But we play a strikerless formation, did you not notice in training or the matches we've played?

Berbaclass

Out of interest does the instant Basque nationality thing only apply to Bilbao, or all Basque clubs?

Thought of doing a Basque only save at a smaller club before whether they have a Basque only player policy in real life or not. Somewhere like Barakaldo.

I've looked in my save but all their U19s are greyed out for me. They're all Basque so I'm guessing they still would be in a proper save but I don't know. Would probably not want to use that as an exploit too but it would be nice to know it's there or not just in case.
Sociedad to a lesser extent. They are not Basque exclusive like Bilbao though.

Lay

I think Osasuna get a few basque players

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Squad: We're unhappy with the lack of strikers at the club
Me: But we play a strikerless formation, did you not notice in training or the matches we've played?
:lol: some of the things are so stupid.

Player: I want to leave, I achieved everything here and want new challenge.

Me: ok. I will let you go.

*Offer to clubs*

Player and his agent - don't want to leave as it's hard to find club because of high wages.

Some of the things are so stupid. It's not even as if there was gap between interaction and offering the player to clubs, it was done in the next min.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Through to the CONCACAF CL semis, beating Cruz Azul on pens. Feels like a big win and also strange having games like that right at the start of a new save before we've even played a league game.

Lost 1-0 at home, won 1-0 away. 12-11 on pens.

Deserved it. 1st leg xG = 1.78-1.31 to us and their goal was a penalty, kept them quiet besides that. 2nd leg 1.06-0.53 to us, helped by them playing with 10 for an hour.

Don't know if a glitch but I thought when a man got sent off you had to nominate a guy who wouldn't take a pen in real-life football to keep things even? On our 11th penalty we had our 11th choice player taking one but they were back to their 1st choice on their 11th. Could have given them an advantage.

Lay

Do they have to be Basque too?
Nope, only players have to be. But probably like @Berbaclass i’m going to go for an all basque staff if possible.

Not sure what formation to go for, might try a 3-5-2 with roles I don’t normally use like a halfback and Liberio

Berbaclass

Nope, only players have to be. But probably like @Berbaclass i’m going to go for an all basque staff if possible.

Not sure what formation to go for, might try a 3-5-2 with roles I don’t normally use like a halfback and Liberio
I’ve not hired Basque staff. I’ve brought in Ljungberg and Bergkamp