Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I signed Brenner for 80m a season after missing out on him for £12m (he chose Real Madrid and then barely played). What a flop he’s been, 35 games and 3 goals. I’m still paying for the transfer for the next 3 seasons and I want to get rid. Belotti and Osimhen are firing and my 17 year old youth striker has outscored him despite the fact I don’t think he will make it here.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is FM 21 Touch on the iPad worth playing? Anyone tried it?
It's the only version I've played as I'm without a laptop at the moment. It's enjoyable and much better than the android version which is extremely slimmed down. There are a couple of features missing from the main game, but still enough there for you to get your teeth in to and enjoy a long game.

Biggest limiting factor for me is that you can only load 3 nations, so journeyman saves aren't really possible.

MattofManchester

Is FM 21 Touch on the iPad worth playing? Anyone tried it?
Its decent if you don't have access to the full version. Been playing on it a bit while I await a new laptop.
Might be biased, but it does seem more buggy than the full edition.

Like all FMs, it's still playable though.

SirAF

Ageist
It's the only version I've played as I'm without a laptop at the moment. It's enjoyable and much better than the android version which is extremely slimmed down. There are a couple of features missing from the main game, but still enough there for you to get your teeth in to and enjoy a long game.

Biggest limiting factor for me is that you can only load 3 nations, so journeyman saves aren't really possible.
Its decent if you don't have access to the full version. Been playing on it a bit while I await a new laptop.
Might be biased, but it does seem more buggy than the full edition.

Like all FMs, it's still playable though.
Cheers. I’m not sure how well my MacBook Air will handle the full edition so might just give the iPad one a go!

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Someone on here recently mentioned that FM could do with a DOF game mode, which I agree with. But I came up with an idea on how to somewhat simulate the experience. I bought the in game editor and set up a save where I was unemployed now what I'm going to do is start buying and selling players for Manchester United and if the Manager doesn't perform good enough in my estimation I'm going to sack him and hire a new one. To watch our matches, I simply spectate them. This way I can still watch the games but have no influence over tactics, subs and everything to do with the match day decisions.

Of course this has a lot of shortcomings, I don't know what the actual transfer budget of Manchester United is every season, so I have to set myself a somewhat realistic amount, which means I'm currently assuming I got €150M before sales every season.

I also can't actually negotiate transfers or see if the player is actually interested in joining Manchester United, so it takes a lot of self-imposed rules and role-playing to keep this somewhat realistic. For example, I have to somewhat impose realistic prices for players and not buy Mbappé for €10M.

So let's see if my squad building and manager decision-making is actually good enough to get United back to winning titles. My guess is yes, but never underestimate the incompetence of AI managers to feck up my well hatched plans.
With the in game editor you can view the minimum asking price a club will accept for a player by adding a new column from the category "hidden". I think you can also view reputation that way too, if it's of any use.

Not a perfect solution, but might help you make fair/realistic transfer decisions.

NoLogo

If you're using United, you should remember to panic buy on a big scale when they're out the top 4 and remain frugal when they do. :lol:

Also, I'm sure you can just have a look at the editor for finances in such a case.
:lol: for realism’s sake I should probably do that.

With the in game editor you can view the minimum asking price a club will accept for a player by adding a new column from the category "hidden". I think you can also view reputation that way too, if it's of any use.

Not a perfect solution, but might help you make fair/realistic transfer decisions.
Oh yeah great idea, thanks for the tipp.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
:lol: for realism’s sake I should probably do that.

Oh yeah great idea, thanks for the tipp.
One thing on it, a lot of shite players will have asking prices of £300m, which is basically the game telling you that they really don't want to sell and you're going to have to pay way, way over the odds for them, but not necessarily £300m.

I tested it on a few and a central african club with a 34 year old goalkeeper, with a CA of 64, valued at £5k, didn't accept anything lower than £1 million.

cj_sparky

Couldn't understand why I was experiencing the worlds longest game highlight last night...turns out I accidently click full game on in the preferences :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Found something pretty rare in my save - Current Athletic Bilbao (in the save) and Toulouse manager (real life), Philippe Montanier, has had a newgen son. :lol:

He's not going to amount to much, but it's a nice little touch. Last time I remember seeing it was in a version quite a few years ago when Laurent Blanc was managing PSG and had a kid that became one of the best players in the world. :D

Walrus

Oppressed White Male

This lad is mental. The balls on him too - demanding to be a star player when I signed him at 20! And already max reputation "Global superstar" etc.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’ve been managing Real Madrid recently as a fun save. Trying to make them better financially but still dominate.

Lay

Started with Valencia after my Napoli save crashed and I hadn’t saved for awhile and didn’t want to go through it again. As per usual I holidayed the first season as unemployed.

My first 5 games included Villarreal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Celts Vigo. Beat Madrid and Barcelona, drew against Villarreal and Sevilla and beat Celta Vigo. Not bad.

Valencia have no money though but a good group of youngsters. I managed to get Icardi on loan and Cebellos, the team is light so I’ll have to use a few of the 17/18 year olds. The club has 200m debt so finances are fecked for awhile.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
After three seasons in the third tier and four in the 2.Liga, finally made it to the big table with Lokomotive Lepizig. Choo choo!

Operation Don't Get Bummed That Much was a roaring success and Bundesliga status was secured for next season by stuffing the fecking drinks company across town on the last day. :drool:

One-man counter attack Kovacevic carried us to safety, somehow managing to be Bundesliga top scorer with 25 and winning the European Golden Boy award despite playing for us cloggers and not actually having total world beater attributes.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Quick question, gentlemen: I have FM2020, so is it worth getting this one?
Yes.
The match engine is refined massively, and it's a much quicker loading game which makes it flow better.

Lay

My Valencia save has got two consortiums fighting to take control. One wants to sack me, whilst the other things it would be disrespectful to sack me.

I currently have Valencia a point behind Barcelona at the top with 10 games to go and I’m in the Copa Del Rey final. I’ll bin the Europa league because my squad is thin and injuries are occurring almost every game.

Icardi has done well but I can’t afford to sign him. My budget for next season will be about £5m and I have no wage budget to work with :lol:

sebsheep

My Valencia save has got two consortiums fighting to take control. One wants to sack me, whilst the other things it would be disrespectful to sack me.

I currently have Valencia a point behind Barcelona at the top with 10 games to go and I’m in the Copa Del Rey final. I’ll bin the Europa league because my squad is thin and injuries are occurring almost every game.

Icardi has done well but I can’t afford to sign him. My budget for next season will be about £5m and I have no wage budget to work with :lol:
Maybe the sacking will be a blessing in disguise.

Abraxas

Quick question, gentlemen: I have FM2020, so is it worth getting this one?
Just to give a different view I personally think it's debatable. If you've got plenty of spare cash or are a FM fanatic it is probably worth it for the smoother and more realistic engine, much better attacks and shots are rendered and that's the main selling point.

But otherwise I don't see too much difference in the overall package, I didn't feel 2020 had any less depth or mechanics within the game to be quite honest.

Berbaclass

Just to give a different view I personally think it's debatable. If you've got plenty of spare cash or are a FM fanatic it is probably worth it for the smoother and more realistic engine, much better attacks and shots are rendered and that's the main selling point.

But otherwise I don't see too much difference in the overall package, I didn't feel 2020 had any less depth or mechanics within the game to be quite honest.
Plenty of spare cash? It’s like £20 :lol:

Abraxas

Plenty of spare cash? It’s like £20 :lol:
Some people live paycheck to paycheck, or are in debt, especially at the moment. It is best not to make assumptions about anybody else's situation. If he didn't care about 20 pounds at all or didn't at least want value for money spent he would not have asked.

Berbaclass

Some people live paycheck to paycheck, or are in debt, especially at the moment. It is best not to make assumptions about anybody else's situation. If he didn't care about 20 pounds at all or didn't at least want value for money spent he would not have asked.
Please don’t patronise me :lol:

It’s £20 mate, and entirety voluntarily if he wants to spend it or not.

People ask the same question about value every year, it doesn’t mean you should just automatically assume that they’re completely broke.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
OK, how the hell do I stop meaningless emails coming into my inbox? I don't care what some former player thinks about the importance of the upcoming match, or a breakdown of what was said at a press conference. I know you can filter what emails you see....but that's after it's arrived in the inbox in the first place.

Player Red

I signed Brenner for 80m a season after missing out on him for £12m (he chose Real Madrid and then barely played). What a flop he’s been, 35 games and 3 goals. I’m still paying for the transfer for the next 3 seasons and I want to get rid. Belotti and Osimhen are firing and my 17 year old youth striker has outscored him despite the fact I don’t think he will make it here.
Got him in my Braga save. After utilising Nketiah on loan for a few years I was ready for a major upgrade but he hasn't quite hit the heights his numbers suggest.

Lay

Got him in my Braga save. After utilising Nketiah on loan for a few years I was ready for a major upgrade but he hasn't quite hit the heights his numbers suggest.
I sold him to Bologna for a big loss. He wound up finishing 3rd top scorer in the league :lol: and of course the customary goal against me

Woodzy

Not the worst thing in the world and nothing a mod won't be able to sort (unless they change the way things work)

Acole9

Outstanding
With all the packs that are about this isn't a big deal really. A bit tragic the club have made a fuss though.

Spielmacher

Can someone tell me where I can find the % of salary per turnover for all the clubs in my league?
Has always been in FM, but I can't find it in FM 2021.

MattofManchester

I've decided to put this down.

Going into my third season, have Shaw, AWB, Lindelof and Martial all asking for 300-350k.

My only player now above 200k is De Gea, because I can't sell him(sold Pogba), so I'm waiting to release him.

And yet here I am. Everybody demanding to be ridiculous. :houllier:

Lay

wage demands and requests are a little much I feel. I signed Moriba for Sevilla, he’s asked for a new contract every season as have a couple other players.

Berbaclass

Having a decent game with Wolves at the moment. Just trying to get all the best Portuguese players. Signed Mendez, Goncalves, Luis as well as players like Cabral, Menino, Almada, Steriglou.

Also managed to get Moukoko as I was in a CL place at the time so he was interested as well as me offering him a big deal as a star player.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
wage demands and requests are a little much I feel. I signed Moriba for Sevilla, he’s asked for a new contract every season as have a couple other players.
I signed Moriba and he was quality for years, but seems to be a real troublemaker. Eventually he kicked up an absolutely massive fuss because I wouldn’t sell him to PSG. I only finally caved because I saw they had Foden and was able to do a swap!

Lay

I signed Moriba and he was quality for years, but seems to be a real troublemaker. Eventually he kicked up an absolutely massive fuss because I wouldn’t sell him to PSG. I only finally caved because I saw they had Foden and was able to do a swap!
I’ve got overkill in my Sevilla midfield. Moriba, Pedri, Monchu who are all ex Barcelona prospects. Camavinga (Bayern listed him for £15m), Oliver Torres and Marcus Antonio from Shakhtar who is world class player who is pretty cheap to get. Think he only cost me £7m.

Pedri is the star though with Moriba a close second.