Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

stu_1992

Well going to have to get this at some point. Haven't bought one since 2019, but I've been enticed by what I've read here. Should have stayed out. :lol:

Beagle

Any help with getting some source for logos, faces and the like would be much appreciated :)

Dave_MUFC

Anyone experience in using the facepacks from scratch?

Downloaded the 19GB file, then extracted it all to my 'graphics' folder (spent about 30 mins), but also had some folders for logos in there. But now when I open my game, I did the whole reloading skin etc. but faces aren't there, and my updated logos are gone. Now trying to put all the faces into a folder of their own to see if that was the issue, but it's taking an absolute age to sort.

On an unrelated note, when I click on 'Load Game', my United saved isn't in there, it's just blank? Yet I can load it as a recent, and the save files are in my Documents....

Santos J

Anyone experience in using the facepacks from scratch?

Downloaded the 19GB file, then extracted it all to my 'graphics' folder (spent about 30 mins), but also had some folders for logos in there. But now when I open my game, I did the whole reloading skin etc. but faces aren't there, and my updated logos are gone. Now trying to put all the faces into a folder of their own to see if that was the issue, but it's taking an absolute age to sort.

On an unrelated note, when I click on 'Load Game', my United saved isn't in there, it's just blank? Yet I can load it as a recent, and the save files are in my Documents....
Hard to say without seeing it but the folder path should look like

Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics. Then inside there should be separate folders for Logos, Faces, Trophies, Kits etc. if that's not how you had it

Dave_MUFC

Hard to say without seeing it but the folder path should look like

Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics. Then inside there should be separate folders for Logos, Faces, Trophies, Kits etc. if that's not how you had it
Could be my mistake then.

So my logos are in folders inside the Graphics folder like you said, but I just put all the face PNG files into the Graphics folder itself, with no subfolder. Trying to get these into their own folder now and try, will report back!

EDIT: No dice, although I realised I made a mistake and it was the same folder structure, except using the OneDrive instead of my documents. Have now cut and pasted it into there and logos are back. Only issue is, faces still aren't there.

So my folder structure is looking like Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics > logos for the logos and Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics > faces for the facepack...

Last edited:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
1v1 finally fixed, scored 2 in my first intra squad friendly and it was like welcoming back and old friend you hadn't seen in years.
What about players getting in to the area at a narrow angle with respect to the goal and taking on the shot instead of just playing a simple pass to a completely unmarked teammate right in front of goal?

I'm guessing one of their problems has been that you get in too many one-on-ones and the situations like the above meaning you'd score bucket loads if it was too realistic.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What about players getting in to the area at a narrow angle with respect to the goal and taking on the shot instead of just playing a simple pass to a completely unmarked teammate right in front of goal?

I'm guessing one of their problems has been that you get in too many one-on-ones and the situations like the above meaning you'd score bucket loads if it was too realistic.
They said they’ve fixed this as well.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Haven't got it myself yet, but if these two things have been fixed I'm all aboard for hundreds of hours this year. :nervous:

Santos J

Could be my mistake then.

So my logos are in folders inside the Graphics folder like you said, but I just put all the face PNG files into the Graphics folder itself, with no subfolder. Trying to get these into their own folder now and try, will report back!

EDIT: No dice, although I realised I made a mistake and it was the same folder structure, except using the OneDrive instead of my documents. Have now cut and pasted it into there and logos are back. Only issue is, faces still aren't there.

So my folder structure is looking like Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics > logos for the logos and Sports Interactive > FM 21 > Graphics > faces for the facepack...
That's weird, what facepack is it? The images are definitely unzipped and you've done the usual clear cache/reload skin I presume?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They said they’ve fixed this as well.
Excellent. Hugely infuriating in FM20, especially when you ended drawing or losing a game where you've had about 20 shots on target.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Not being able to see the percentage of a players fitness/condition is almost game breaking IMO.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Save money due to my daughter being born in a couple of weeks or buy FM :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not being able to see the percentage of a players fitness/condition is almost game breaking IMO.
I think I’d be glad. I get so OCD about the fitness and condition.

Santos J

@Dave_MUFC

Just thought actually, if your folder is "SI > FM > Graphics > Faces" then in faces is it just all the images with their reference number or is it the facepack folder and then this? It wants to be the first way if it's not.

It's weird getting used to but think it makes more sense this way tbf than just a % number. It gives more detail to a players condition too with the Overall risk/match load/injury susceptibility/fatigue levels.

Dave_MUFC

That's weird, what facepack is it? The images are definitely unzipped and you've done the usual clear cache/reload skin I presume?
Ignore everything I said before, I'm a complete idiot. Spent a couple of hours moving these images all over the place, and I realised I hadn't extracted over the 'Congif.XML' file to it! Such a small thing created such a big problem :lol: ALl working well now!

Santos J

Ignore everything I said before, I'm a complete idiot. Spent a couple of hours moving these images all over the place, and I realised I hadn't extracted over the 'Congif.XML' file to it! Such a small thing created such a big problem :lol: ALl working well now!
:lol: At least it's working

JakeC

Just spent 30 minutes doing my squad numbers. Jesus Christ.

JakeC

I'm so anal with things like this. I spend so much time making sure everything is 'right' cosmetically :lol:
Wait til you see how I negotiate wages, borderline mentally ill. Here are my squad numbers because of course I wrote them down....

1: David De Gea (1st choice GK)
2: Aaron Wan Bissaka (1st choice RB
3: Alex Telles (1st choice LB)
4: Dayot Upamecano (1st choice CB)*
5: Harry Maguire (1st choice CB)
6: Nemanja Matic (1st choice DM)
7: Jadon Sancho (1st choice RW)*
8: Paul Pogba (1st choice CM)
9: Anthony Martial (1st choice CF)
10: Bruno Fernandes (1st choice AM)
11: Marcus Rashford (1st choice LW)

12: Dean Henderson
13: Brandom Williams
14: Luke Shaw
15: Victor Lindelof
16: Eric Bailly
17: Scott McTominay
18: Mason Greenwood
19: Fred
20: Edinson Cavani
21: Donny Van De Beek
22: Daniel James

23: Nathan Bishop
24: Ethan Laird
25: Álvaro Fernández
26: Axel Tuanzebe
27: Teden Mengi
28: Nicoló Rovella*
29: Facundo Pellistri
30: Ethan Galbraith
31: Odion Ighalo
32: Hannibal
33: Juan Mata

34: Ondrej Mastny*
34: Iestyn Hughes
36: Reece Devine
37: Andrea Papetti*
38: Will Fish
39: Dimo Krastev*
40: Shola Shoretire
41: Tochi Chukwuani*
42: Joe Hugill
43: Charlie McNeill
44: Denilho Cleonise*

45: Lucas Lavallée*
46: Marc Jurado
47: Solomon Bonnah
48: Willy Kambwala
49: Luca Ercolani
50: Martin Svidersky
51: Omari Forson
52: Mark Helm
53: Dillon Hoogewerf
54: Noam Emeran
55: Alejandro Garnacho

* = new signings

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wait til you see how I negotiate wages, borderline mentally ill. Here are my squad numbers because of course I wrote them down....

See I usually do 12 as my back-up RB and 13 as my back-up LB because it's like 2 and 3 but with the extra 1 obviously.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
First FM game I've bought since ages. Just firing it up and a quick question...Can't you use a picture for your avatar? Do you HAVE to use this 3D monstrosity that's straight out of 2002 shit 3d horror game?

Ok, nevermind, I found the option in preferences.

Last edited:

Castia

First save with United

Signed Upamecano, Sancho, Fati and Grevenberch!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First FM game I've bought since ages. Just firing it up and a quick question...Can't you use a picture for your avatar? Do you HAVE to use this 3D monstrosity that's straight out of 2002 shit 3d horror game?
You could possibly find your user id and add a picture in the files but I'm not 100% on that.

I used the 3D thing and the original model looked good. The image generated based off that though has given me red zombie eyes and I look cross-eyed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So is there a nice small facepack knocking about? I don't care about anything other than the main leagues really.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
The amount of times I've given my players 'the silent treatment' at half time, cause I don't know what to say to them.

JB7

12: Dean Henderson
13: Brandom Williams
14: Luke Shaw
15: Victor Lindelof
16: Eric Bailly
17: Scott McTominay
18: Mason Greenwood
19: Fred
20: Edinson Cavani
21: Donny Van De Beek
22: Daniel James

23: Nathan Bishop
24: Ethan Laird
25: Álvaro Fernández
26: Axel Tuanzebe
27: Teden Mengi
28: Nicoló Rovella*
29: Facundo Pellistri
30: Ethan Galbraith
31: Odion Ighalo
32: Hannibal
33: Juan Mata

34: Ondrej Mastny*
34: Iestyn Hughes
36: Reece Devine
37: Andrea Papetti*
38: Will Fish
39: Dimo Krastev*
40: Shola Shoretire
41: Tochi Chukwuani*
42: Joe Hugill
43: Charlie McNeill
44: Denilho Cleonise*

45: Lucas Lavallée*
46: Marc Jurado
47: Solomon Bonnah
48: Willy Kambwala
49: Luca Ercolani
50: Martin Svidersky
51: Omari Forson
52: Mark Helm
53: Dillon Hoogewerf
54: Noam Emeran
55: Alejandro Garnacho

* = new signings
That 12-22 section is just horrific.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Ok, nevermind, I found the option in preferences.
I like to use the 3D generated model with Alan Brazil as the reference picture

JB7

Has to be unfortunately. Wouldn't work in reality i don't think.
Probably not. I just grew up with 16 + 18 as midfielders numbers & 19 + 20 for strikers so always stick to those regardless of what club I'm at so seeing Fred at 19 hurt my eyes :lol:
Also always tend to go 12 for a right back, 13 for a keeper, 14 for an attacking player & 17 for a winger too.

I'm happy with Lindelof being 15 if that's any consolation :lol:

Castia

Did they get rid of the position familiarity? I used to like the little green icon confirming the player is good in the role.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did they get rid of the position familiarity? I used to like the little green icon confirming the player is good in the role.
Hated that because it would change game by game. Suddenly my CB is not a full green BPD? So dumb and I hated them all not being green.

Dave_MUFC

This always confuses me. They're tiny pictures ffs.
There are almost 300,000 of them in the complete pack tbf.

Would be nice if they just had an essential slimmed down one with just the squads in the top 5 leagues though.

Castia

Just beat Chelsea 8-2 :lol:

4231 Gegenpress. Fati seems brilliant