Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Not many details released yet but here’s the annual thread. Will be on Switch and Xbox, stadia tbc.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I hope that’s not a full updates list.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They need to fix the match engine and they need to fix transfer realism.

Too many strikers missing one on ones and the same goals scored every single game.

Being quoted 140m for a player only to see him move to a rival club for about 30m. Shit like that gets old fast.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They need to fix the match engine and they need to fix transfer realism.

Too many strikers missing one on ones and the same goals scored every single game.

Being quoted 140m for a player only to see him move to a rival club for about 30m. Shit like that gets old fast.
The match engine has been fecked for years and the main reason I don't spend as long on it as I used to. You feel more comfortable giving up a 1v1 against Lewandowski than seeing a centre half with 8 long shots lining one up from 25 yards.

My biggest peeve has always been that attackers will never, ever cut the ball back into the box under any circumstances, on pain of death. 3 players unmarked lining up to score in the middle of the area? Player with the ball has 20s for decisions, composure, teamwork? Never makes any fecking difference. They'll just merrily perform a gentle backpass to the keeper from the tight angle 100% of the time.

Of course, fixing those issues would mean fixing the underlying problems with the ME that would cause every game to be 15-8 if those types of chances were actually taken and SI can't be arsed.

Leg-End

Probably not going to get the overhaul of areas it needs, transfers ruin the game within 3 seasons simply because you can’t shift anyone, you can’t buy anyone unless it’s the same old players.

That being said, I will buy it for pc as always.

Dave_MUFC

This is already a £25 pre-order on ShopTo, for anyone like me who's planning on buying it even if it's just a transfer update.

Don't expect the virus itself to be simulated within the game, but hope the league structuring and rules are copied into the game i.e. league starting in September, super packed schedule first season etc. Would make it a little bit different to the previous iterations!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can't wait to see EPL teams overload their squad due to the money they have and other leagues having to buy scraps which ends up with the likes of West Ham reaching CL finals.

Still can't get over United signing Dybala, Cavani, Benzema, Belotti whilst still having Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and playing 1 up front with no number 10. That's PES style of transfers.

It resulted in Rashford leaving on a free.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Interested to see what impact COVID may have had on the feature set. I imagine there will be some.

Dave_MUFC

Anyone else quite looking forward to taking over our squad solely due to the u18s transfer activity?

Joe Hugill, Shoretire, Mejbri, Jurado, Alvarez, McCann should all be in the game :keano:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is already a £25 pre-order on ShopTo, for anyone like me who's planning on buying it even if it's just a transfer update.

Don't expect the virus itself to be simulated within the game, but hope the league structuring and rules are copied into the game i.e. league starting in September, super packed schedule first season etc. Would make it a little bit different to the previous iterations!
Remember reading a tweet from Miles before that they said they wouldn't include any Covid related things as its a video game and a break from reality anyway.

Dave_MUFC

Remember reading a tweet from Miles before that they said they wouldn't include any Covid related things as its a video game and a break from reality anyway.
Understand that, but thought it was more about not including the actual virus itself.

If start date, schedule, transfer window etc. Isn't how it is this season, it'll take out any immersion for the game.

pascell

Meanwhile 2020 is on epic for free atm
I saw this posted on the FM20 thread (thank you if it was you who posted it on there!). So I jumped into it, I still play FM15 and jeez there's so much popping out here and there on FM20, the whole interface even though its basically the same (as in the functions) has all changed. I was a bit overwhelmed so dialled down onto FM18 (using my brothers steam account) as a go between for now. Safe to say I'm now back to being addicted to playing FM :lol:

lewwoo

Biggest issue for me is ai managers. They have no tactical awareness at all. The thing that ruins it for me though is their stupid squad building. Buying players for huge sums then never playing them. It makes it pointless after a few seasons.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You know your like list of players? Is there anyway to customise it so you can choose the order of the list? Ideally I’d like to sort it myself in my own order.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You know your like list of players? Is there anyway to customise it so you can choose the order of the list? Ideally I’d like to sort it myself in my own order.
Of your squad? Yeah there’s options to filter it and stuff. I think you’d have to add the columns you want.

anant

I just hope they fix the transfers this time. Right now,, it's way too easy to end up with a super squad in 2-3 seasons.

Also, I hope the scout reports have less accuracy among players in 15-19 age group. Basically, a wonderkid with high determination flopping big time or a player with poor stats becoming a world beater.

mu4c_20le

Just got an email from sortitoutsi telling us not to buy it from steam, they are offering 25% discount for uk/eu members

Dave_MUFC

Doesn't seem to be a major overhaul, but I'm happy enough with the updated transfers (Mejbri, Jurado, Diallo, Pellestri :drool:), and as long as the scheduling and season start dates etc. Align with how it has been in reality, I'll be happy enough.

Should keep me busy during these days at home all the time at least.

What teams apart from United are people looking forward to manage? Monaco, Parma, and Fulham for me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If they give me a squad upgrade with a halfway decent matchengine I'm happy enough, but these shitty player and media interactions are the cancer of the game and if they put a focus on them and turn them up to 11 with even more "fun" drama and great emojies then that might just kill the game for me.

Tiber

I have never liked the press conferences, one of the first things I do is hand it over to my assistant manager. There is only so many times you can answer the same 4 questions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Differences in how you interact seems like a waste of time/something ill pretty much ignore. Also always play on 2d classic anyway so any graphical/animation changes mean nothing to me. XG being there is cool though, nothing major but considering how stat based all of FM is, it's a decent addition.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What games like this and FIFA tend to do these days is get caught up in what are essentially cosmetic features or things that only really serve to make the game more monotonous.

I think the biggest thing they need to improve is the long term growth and changes of clubs. I took Bristol City from the Championship to 3rd in the PL in three seasons (winning an FA Cup and League Cup along the way) and it never really felt like it made much of an impact in the game world. Where was me being linked to jobs left right and centre? Bigger attendance numbers? Or maybe interview requests from newspapers? Being touted as one of the best up and coming managers, etc... Shit like that. All you get is the generic performance review and the only way to up your reputation with anything resembling speed is to win trophies.

That and the transfers overall. Me bidding 50m for a player and getting rejected but then seeing that same player move to an AI club for 25m. Or my player wanting a bigger wage and leaving, and then seeing him at the next club on a lower wage.

Those actually genuinely need fixing. But hey you can smile warmly now.

Tiber

What games like this and FIFA tend to do these days is get caught up in what are essentially cosmetic features or things that only really serve to make the game more monotonous.

I think the biggest thing they need to improve is the long term growth and changes of clubs. I took Bristol City from the Championship to 3rd in the PL in three seasons (winning an FA Cup and League Cup along the way) and it never really felt like it made much of an impact in the game world. Where was me being linked to jobs left right and centre? Bigger attendance numbers? Or maybe interview requests from newspapers? Being touted as one of the best up and coming managers, etc... Shit like that. All you get is the generic performance review and the only way to up your reputation with anything resembling speed is to win trophies.

That and the transfers overall. Me bidding 50m for a player and getting rejected but then seeing that same player move to an AI club for 25m. Or my player wanting a bigger wage and leaving, and then seeing him at the next club on a lower wage.

Those actually genuinely need fixing. But hey you can smile warmly now.
Yea I posted about my issues with this sort of thing in the fm20 thread a few days ago. I got Sunderland from league one to top half of the premiership and league cup winners. Kept getting offered decent jobs, but my club status wasn't reflecting my new success. Couldn't sign players from the likes of Palace never mind United and when I tried to sign decent players from abroad I would see things like "my client isn't interested in talking to you as he wants to sign for Southampton" its frustrating to always end up playing 18 year olds

Last edited:

anant

Honestly, if they just fix the AI on transfers bit and do nothing else, the game would be a 1000 times better.

Right now, the only way you can enjoy is if you decide to start a game unemployed with no coaching badges and no international experience. And even then, the game remains fun till you eventually take up a job with one of the big boys - and that would happen within 6-7 odd seasons.