Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I miss the challenges you used to be given. 'Win the league with 14 injured players' etc
I never did any of those to be honest. I think they were a cool idea though. In recent games that’s been what’s happened to me anyway :wenger:

Dave_MUFC

SI confirm that Covid itself won't be in the game, but finances and the scheduling will be affected.

Best way to go about it tbh, wouldn't have enjoyed it at all if first season was starting in August etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That guy is way too annoying for me to watch the video.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
SI confirm that Covid itself won't be in the game, but finances and the scheduling will be affected.

Best way to go about it tbh, wouldn't have enjoyed it at all if first season was starting in August etc.
I think it would've been hilarious to have Covid and have players testing positive and deciding to isolate them or risk spreading it!

Berbaclass

One of my favourite new features. This is brilliant IMO.

Also so many little features that will just make the game as a whole much nicer to play.

MattofManchester

May be a little reactionary but I'm pre-ordering based on that blog.

Besides, FM20 has done my head in.

2 weeks and I'll be able to see a successful United side on the pitch, at least.

Berbaclass

My god. FM21 release + 4 week lockdown is gonna be possibly the greatest thing ever?

Think I’m going to do Ludogrets as my beta save.

Hoof the ball

There needs to be a serious petition for this to be on the Playstation 4

From Sigames:

"Being asked this a lot & will get into trouble for answering...

"Our friends at @Xbox have spent years asking for us to come back to their consoles. It's how both FM19 & FM20 ended up on gamepass towards the end of the cycle, and now FM21 on Xbox One & Series X/S.

"Sony didn't."

Berbaclass

Beta is always released 2 weeks before, so I'm thinking it will be released on the 12th?
Was released earlier last year because they wanted it to be tested longer. They've updated a lot of league rules this year so will probably do the same. It should be out in the next few days.

Santos J

Neil Brock just said "Stay Tuned" on the SI forum...
He said

"As much as I love seeing excitement and lots of posts, we've been pretty consistent in saying it'll be around two weeks beforehand.

Whilst admittedly 'around' is pretty open-ended, I personally wouldn't consider the rest of this week within that window."

Imagine it'll be next Tuesday.

Dave_MUFC

SI forums currently going into overdrive, with the beta thread going crazy.

Suddenly started reposting everyone's posts 5-6 times over, and the whole forums just went down. :lol:

Dave_MUFC

Neil Brock just said "Stay Tuned" on the SI forum...
It was an account called "Not Neil Brock" Wasn't it?

So could be a tease, or could be trolling from someone completely unrelated...

Considering the stream it out tonight, you'd expect beta to hit rather straight after, or tomorrow. Makes sense to give people time to test out the ME and re-arranged finances/scheduling etc. for bugs

Berbaclass

It was an account called "Not Neil Brock" Wasn't it?

So could be a tease, or could be trolling from someone completely unrelated...

Considering the stream it out tonight, you'd expect beta to hit rather straight after, or tomorrow. Makes sense to give people time to test out the ME and re-arranged finances/scheduling etc. for bugs
Yeah that's why I'm fairly confident it will be out in the next 2-3 days.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Yeah, if it's anywhere near close you'd think they'd be pushing hard to get it out for Friday evening. First weekend of lockdown is a huge opportunity for sales their end.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wonder if they'll do a lockdown deal for this. Might hang out in the hope that they do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Highly doubt it. They’ll need the money too.
Last time they gave 2020 free for a couple of weeks. Hoping they might revert to the days where they beta was free for a week rather than having to buy it to get the beta.

It's £26 on CDKeys at the minute, be surprised if it goes cheaper than that anywhere else for a while.
Yeah that's a decent price. I always say I won't take the plunge but then I read these threads and have serious FOMO*.

Santos J

Yeah that's a decent price. I always say I won't take the plunge but then I read these threads and have serious FOMO*.
:lol: Yeah it's never the same playing the older version for a few months longer. Quite looking forward to this one tbf, gave up on 20 a few months ago so got the itch to play again now.

Beagle

Has there been any mention so far about fixing the AI transfer bugs? I don't see it being discussed anywhere so far. This is as big a problem as the game engine itself.

Dave_MUFC

Was really hoping it would be out to smash out over the weekend. Especially as last year it came out 3 weeks before release, thought they'd do it as a treat for this awful year :(

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Was really hoping it would be out to smash out over the weekend. Especially as last year it came out 3 weeks before release, thought they'd do it as a treat for this awful year :(
I really thought last Friday would be the day was gutted when it didn't come out :lol:

Maybe its taking a bit longer this year due to staff having to work at home and stuff. Fingers crossed we get some news this week!

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Buy this every year but usually only clock 100 hours or so. Not like the old days where id smash out 100 in two weeks. But I'm mostly just curious to see how it's progressing each year.

Berbaclass

Has there been any mention so far about fixing the AI transfer bugs? I don't see it being discussed anywhere so far. This is as big a problem as the game engine itself.
They've talked about the impact of covid on finances and the effect on the market so there has been some changes. As for the AI I don't know.