Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

MattofManchester

Watched the stream and they were talking about needing bandwidth that doesn't clash with emergency services during this period. Hoping it releases Monday or Tuesday, but ultimately with that in mind, we might see a midnight launch.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The fact that theyre performance testing would indicate that it's fairly close now. I think in the next day now.

MattofManchester

Given Miles just mentioned performance tests, and they're saying "soon", tomorrow night is definitely where I feel this is going. Also, during the stream they mentioned they were wanting to release on Friday, but couldn't get the bandwidth.

Definitely starting up a Salzburg save for the beta.

neilv93

Given Miles just mentioned performance tests, and they're saying "soon", tomorrow night is definitely where I feel this is going. Also, during the stream they mentioned they were wanting to release on Friday, but couldn't get the bandwidth.

Definitely starting up a Salzburg save for the beta.
There's literally so many saves I have lined up and want to do - it's ridiculous. Villa, Brighton, Everton from the PL, Sociedad, Lille, Atalanta... I can never make up my damn mind!

Dave_MUFC

There's literally so many saves I have lined up and want to do - it's ridiculous. Villa, Brighton, Everton from the PL, Sociedad, Lille, Atalanta... I can never make up my damn mind!
Why not all at once? :D I usually have 4 or 5 save a on at once, depending what mood I'm in. Sometimes feeling like playing with United, or more of a project like Monaco or Parma etc.

neilv93

Why not all at once? :D I usually have 4 or 5 save a on at once, depending what mood I'm in. Sometimes feeling like playing with United, or more of a project like Monaco or Parma etc.
I always do Utd on beta just to adjust to the new features etc. (and sign Grealish, I'm not bitter, I promise) and then Bristol Rovers as my local club but you're right - I'll do them all!! Lille is my favoured 'project' one but Sociedad's squad is beautiful too.

Castia

PS5 on the 19th, WoW: Shadowlands on 23rd and FM21 on the 24th, crazy week incoming for me.

Dave_MUFC

I always do Utd on beta just to adjust to the new features etc. (and sign Grealish, I'm not bitter, I promise) and then Bristol Rovers as my local club but you're right - I'll do them all!! Lille is my favoured 'project' one but Sociedad's squad is beautiful too.
Nice choice of clubs. I'm a bit torn of where to go in France in season. On the one hand, I gained an affliction for Monaco, since doing a few good saves with them the last 2 or 3 FMs, but they haven't changed too much this season, and Nice is looking quite tempting with their interesting squad, Europa League qualification, and sugar daddy backing..

Sociedad also looks like a good one this season, with David Silva looking a fine replacement for Odegaard. In Spain I'm also 50/50 on managing Betis (Nice squad + GF from Sevilla and I've been to watch them), and rebuilding Valencia.

Dave_MUFC

False alarm! :( I feel like reading the SI forums beta thread is continuously giving us false hope, as they see Steam updated recently or something similar and suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon that it's about to get released.

Gets me every single time. :lol:

Santos J

Nice choice of clubs. I'm a bit torn of where to go in France in season. On the one hand, I gained an affliction for Monaco, since doing a few good saves with them the last 2 or 3 FMs, but they haven't changed too much this season, and Nice is looking quite tempting with their interesting squad, Europa League qualification, and sugar daddy backing..

Sociedad also looks like a good one this season, with David Silva looking a fine replacement for Odegaard. In Spain I'm also 50/50 on managing Betis (Nice squad + GF from Sevilla and I've been to watch them), and rebuilding Valencia.
Yeah Betis were a good save last year too. Deportivo La Coruna should be a good rebuild this year too with them having been relegated to the third tier.

Dave_MUFC

Yeah Betis were a good save last year too. Deportivo La Coruna should be a good rebuild this year too with them having been relegated to the third tier.
Only issue I've recently had with Betis is that you have little choice but to start Fekir and William Carvalho, but Fekir is only really comfortable in a AMC position, and Carvalho DM, but the rest of the midfielders seem more suited to a 4-3-3 formation! Was a right headache sorting it out :lol:

neilv93

If you want a mega cool 'rebuild' save, Deportivo La Coruna are now in the impossible-to-get-out-of third tier - a Spanish Sunderland save!

MattofManchester

I'm actually thinking before Salzburg, I'll start with Barca. Would be interesting to test out the number 10 role, as well as if possession dominance works how it should again

Robbie Boy

False alarm! :( I feel like reading the SI forums beta thread is continuously giving us false hope, as they see Steam updated recently or something similar and suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon that it's about to get released.

Gets me every single time. :lol:
feck :(

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I'm gonna make a pledge to myself to not look up any tactics or use the editor in any way. In fact I might not even use the player search function either. I think a big part of why I stopped enjoying this game as much is I forgot its first and foremost a simulator, not a strategy game to be "won".

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm gonna make a pledge to myself to not look up any tactics or use the editor in any way. In fact I might not even use the player search function either. I think a big part of why I stopped enjoying this game as much is I forgot its first and foremost a simulator, not a strategy game to be "won".
It's crap once you know which youngsters to buy. Will be avoiding those kinds of lists myself as well.

You can just sign Tonali, Almedia, etc... and be set.

MattofManchester

150 people in the beta release SI thread.

Safe to say this game has gathered some serious hype.:rolleyes:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is it time to turn twitter notifications on for the FM account?

Beagle

I've never got the game on beta before. If I start a save on the beta, can I play on with it after the full release?