Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

MattofManchester

I've never got the game on beta before. If I start a save on the beta, can I play on with it after the full release?
Unless there are game breaking bugs, which they have to update, then you can continue with your save.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's crap once you know which youngsters to buy. Will be avoiding those kinds of lists myself as well.

You can just sign Tonali, Almedia, etc... and be set.
Just start in a poor nation or far down in the pyramid. Removes all of that because no one is interested in joining you anyway.

Dave_MUFC

Just start in a poor nation or far down in the pyramid. Removes all of that because no one is interested in joining you anyway.
I try and set myself personal limits for each club I pick.

I don't make it exclusive, but I try to make the majority of signings from the nation i.e. In England, I'll try and make 80% of my signings English ones, in Spain, Spanish etc.

Really don't see the appeal people get with signing the same names every single save.

Berbaclass

I don't make it exclusive, but I try to make the majority of signings from the nation i.e. In England, I'll try and make 80% of my signings English ones, in Spain, Spanish etc.

Really don't see the appeal people get with signing the same names every single save.
Racist

Dave_MUFC

:lol:

Also, this wait for the beta is killing me! Last week Thursday and Friday they came out and denied it would be out those days, but they haven't done today, so I have hope.

Have a new laptop and 10 days of no league football, so desperate as hell to get involved, until the PS5 arrives next week.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

fecking Brexiteers. Might as well be called ‘Far-rightCafe’ at this point.

Berbaclass

:lol:

Also, this wait for the beta is killing me! Last week Thursday and Friday they came out and denied it would be out those days, but they haven't done today, so I have hope.

Have a new laptop and 10 days of no league football, so desperate as hell to get involved, until the PS5 arrives next week.
I think it will be around midnight now, if at all today. They said they wouldn't release at peak times to save bandwidth or whatever for emergency services so they're unlikely to release in the next few hours.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm gonna make a pledge to myself to not look up any tactics or use the editor in any way. In fact I might not even use the player search function either. I think a big part of why I stopped enjoying this game as much is I forgot its first and foremost a simulator, not a strategy game to be "won".
I did a save once where I used no scouting. I signed players if they had been doing well in youth tournaments and other leagues. Didn’t care much about age. Was actually really enjoyable.

Signed a few duds, but uncovered some gems who I would have normally ignored

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Heres an odd question for you experts in here.

I recently realised I'd bought fm16 mobile when that was out and re-installed on my phone. I never played it at the time I bought the full game too so played that instead, but since I installed last night I've been loving it. So much so that I will probably just get the mobile version this year too.

But is there any way that you can add the pictures and logos like you do in the full version?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Lads what's the cheapest place you've seen it so far? Money is as tight as a nuns arse this year.

JakeC

I recently realised I'd bought fm16 mobile when that was out and re-installed on my phone. I never played it at the time I bought the full game too so played that instead, but since I installed last night I've been loving it. So much so that I will probably just get the mobile version this year too.

But is there any way that you can add the pictures and logos like you do in the full version?
Hmm. I think there was a graphics pack last year, so 2021 I'd imagine some legend will do the same.

Dave_MUFC

Weird scenario going around where it's being advertised worldwide on Facebook, Instagram etc. as "Beta Now Available", as of midnight, but it's not actually out yet...

Do we think they planned it for a midnight release and maybe had to change their minds last minute? The SI staffs refusal to deny it wasn't coming out yesterday seemed to me that they were considering it coming out at least..

I'd say with those ads in mind, today seems a likely day for it, unless they've had a massive issue arise at the last second.

MattofManchester

With all the advertisements, the least they could do is make a statement of some kind.

One thing I dislike about SI is the complete lack of transparency.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

If you want graphics packs and logos etc for the handheld mobile version head to FMHVibe, some great downloads and community on there.

Dave_MUFC

With all the advertisements, the least they could do is make a statement of some kind.

One thing I dislike about SI is the complete lack of transparency.
Yeah it's very annoying.

I'm sure they have to give some notice to Steam to release, so if that doesn't seem possible, why not just come out and say it's not happening that day?

Interesting things happening on the SI forums, where it was pure hype for ~100 pages, and now that's sort of died down and there's been a lot of negativity overnight, due to SI staying quiet yesterday, making people think it was definitely coming out, then the ads appearing everywhere etc. Yet there's just silence from them...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Just bought on this CDKeys site for €30 on foot of your suggestions. I usually download straight from Steam but I assume it is straightforward enough to claim.

MattofManchester

Steam database is also showing multiple uploads as of now for FM21.

I'm curious as to what seems to have been the problem but its definitely tonight.

Santos J

Just bought on this CDKeys site for €30 on foot of your suggestions. I usually download straight from Steam but I assume it is straightforward enough to claim.
Yeah log in to CDKeys and in "My Orders" or somewhere it should give you the option to see your codes (may email them to you instead/as well), then on Steam in library I think it's bottom left "Add a game" and just put the code in there.

Steam database is also showing multiple uploads as of now for FM21.

I'm curious as to what seems to have been the problem but its definitely tonight.
Doubt there was a problem, likely it was always going to be today and the ads that were scheduled just went live at midnight instead of the scheduled time.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Yeah log in to CDKeys and in "My Orders" or somewhere it should give you the option to see your codes (may email them to you instead/as well), then on Steam in library I think it's bottom left "Add a game" and just put the code in there.
Lovely, cheers. Hopefully start up a game tonight.

Dave_MUFC

What do you think our chances are of it dropping earlier, more in the afternoon, to try and stagger the download stream?

Robbie Boy

Hearing 5 or 6 this evening. Suits fine tbh, won't be logging off from work until around then anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm going to start with this team called Manchester United. They're a bit out of sorts and I'm going to fix that.

JakeC

Have zero euro in my account until tomorrow, any chance Miles could delay it a day so none of you cnuts get to enjoy it before me?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have zero euro in my account until tomorrow, any chance Miles could delay it a day so none of you cnuts get to enjoy it before me?
Send me your bank details and I'll give you the money for it. *borat voice* NOT