Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I have a question regrading coaching staff.

In previous additions, I have sacked all my coaching staff and hired new guys with singular attribute profiles as opposed to generally good attribute profiles.

Eg, for a defensive coach, I'd do a search to find coaches with 19 or 20 attribute on 'defensive' and only then look at other attributes, and hire the guy with highest defence attribute plus best in others. I'd do that for all the attributes, eg: fitness, tactical etc.

Normally I've done that later on in a save; should I do that at start of this season?
Is that the best way to go about things?
Because it seems as though 3rd or 4th strong attributes are barely applied.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I have a question regrading coaching staff.

In previous additions, I have sacked all my coaching staff and hired new guys with singular attribute profiles as opposed to generally good attribute profiles.

Eg, for a defensive coach, I'd do a search to find coaches with 19 or 20 attribute on 'defensive' and only then look at other attributes, and hire the guy with highest defence attribute plus best in others. I'd do that for all the attributes, eg: fitness, tactical etc.

Normally I've done that later on in a save; should I do that at start of this season?
Is that the best way to go about things?
Because it seems as though 3rd or 4th strong attributes are barely applied.
Mouse over the tick boxes in coach assignments and the relevant attributes for coaching that discipline are highlighted: eg mental + tactical for tactical possession coaching. Determination, discipline and motivating are always taken into account for every type of coaching, but weighted a bit less than the 1 or 2 primary attributes. Nothing else will have any effect (apart from working with youngsters I guess if the player is young).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Mouse over the tick boxes in coach assignments and the relevant attributes for coaching that discipline are highlighted: eg mental + tactical for tactical possession coaching. Determination, discipline and motivating are always taken into account for every type of coaching, but weighted a bit less than the 1 or 2 primary attributes. Nothing else will have any effect (apart from working with youngsters I guess if the player is young).
Yeah , this.

The bug which doesn't show the dropdown for best attributes for player/coaching roles is so annoying right now.

Woodzy

I'm in the summer transfer window but I keep seeing messages that I can't register players for the league until January?

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Losing all my scouts now because of brexit, they don't qualify for work permits because they don't have contenential coaching badges.... They're not fecking coaches.

Santos J

Losing all my scouts now because of brexit, they don't qualify for work permits because they don't have contenential coaching badges.... They're not fecking coaches.
Known bug apparently

" WP for non-players is an intended change. It should not be applying to physios and analysts. This is something we will be looking to change for full release and is something the will be compatible with existing saves. "

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is it possible to trigger Haaland clause using a cash plus instalments bid?

I offered £30m plus 3x£13m (adds upto trigger clause of £69m) in 2020 pre season stating transfer for was at end of German season but they refused.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thanks!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shaw just scored against Chelsea and it said he refused to celebrate against his former club? :lol:

It’s definitely too easy as Utd. Not sure it this is for all teams but I’m breezing the league at the start of Feb with a single defeat (Anfield). I never worry I’m going to concede. I just whack on people like Hannibal and Laird and we play fine every game.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

I offered £30m plus 3x£13m (adds upto trigger clause of £69m) in 2020 pre season stating transfer for was at end of German season but they refused.
Speaking of Haaland. I used to Genie Scout to take a look at how the ratings are this year. Haaland is apparently done developing as his CA is 160 and PA is 166. Also, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are English players overrated.

These are the English players with a higher or equal PA to Haaland:
Rashford
Greenwood
Rice
Bellingham
Foden
Adarabioyo
Mount
James, Reece
Nketiah
Abraham
McNeil
Edwards
Parrott
Godfrey
Jones (Curtis)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Speaking of Haaland. I used to Genie Scout to take a look at how the ratings are this year. Haaland is apparently done developing as his CA is 160 and PA is 166. Also, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are English players overrated.

These are the English players with a higher or equal PA to Haaland:
Rashford
Greenwood
Rice
Bellingham
Foden
Adarabioyo
Mount
James, Reece
Nketiah
Abraham
McNeil
Edwards
Parrott
Godfrey
Jones (Curtis)
Players like Haaland might be having negative potential, so they will be different in every save and it will be between the range.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Players like Haaland might be having negative potential, so they will be different in every save and it will be between the range.
Thought of this. Did 2 reloads and he hit 166 both times. Could be chance is guess. At this point you'd think he should be hard coded.

roonster09

Scout
Thought of this. Did 2 reloads and he hit 166 both times. Could be chance is guess. At this point you'd think he should be hard coded.
You have to start new save from scratch.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You have to start new save from scratch.
Ok, 4 more restarts:

CA 160 PA 161
CA 160 PA 178
CA 160 PA 162
CA 160 PA 166

Maybe a -9 then? The 160 is definitely hard coded or I need to go play the lottery.

My favorite tibit from the restarts is that in the second one Curtis Jones had a higher potential ability than anyone under 25 except for Mbappe and 3 of the next 4 (so 4 of top 6) were English (Greenwood, Foden, Sancho). England better win the World Cup in that alternate universe!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Ok, 4 more restarts:

CA 160 PA 161
CA 160 PA 178
CA 160 PA 162
CA 160 PA 166

Maybe a -9 then? The 160 is definitely hard coded or I need to go play the lottery.

My favorite tibit from the restarts is that in the second one Curtis Jones had a higher potential ability than anyone under 25 except for Mbappe and 3 of the next 4 (so 4 of top 6) were English (Greenwood, Foden, Sancho). England better win the World Cup in that alternate universe!
One more and then I am done. I started a save to lead the US National Team to World Cup glory.... and then Reyna refused my call up because he want's to play for England :lol: . SI says they are going to fix this for release, but I am sad.

Santos J

Ok, 4 more restarts:

CA 160 PA 161
CA 160 PA 178
CA 160 PA 162
CA 160 PA 166

Yeah CA is always hard coded

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Nope, has to be up front. Chelsea will offer 70 million for Martial.

Castia

Just completed my first season with United. I won the league but damn it was a crazy title race. I was about 16 points behind Liverpool at one stage they had played 23 and won 21 but slowly but surely closed the gap and then with one game to go finally took top spot for the first time of the season.

They went on to win the CL and I lost the FA Cup final against...Brentford!

Sancho was brilliant scoring 21 goals with 18 assists, Ansu Fati got 15 goals 12 assists with Rashford scoring 46 goals as striker.

First bit of business of the summer was releasing Cavani and signing Haaland. Brought in Garcia from City on a free as well. Struggling to offload players though I want Maguire and Lindelof gone.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyone know what Demiral is like in real life? Has Upamacano type stats in the beta and has been an amazing signing for me so far!

Castia

Anyone know what Demiral is like in real life? Has Upamacano type stats in the beta and has been an amazing signing for me so far!

Jesus he looks brilliant, will take a look at him later.

Dave_MUFC

Shaw just scored against Chelsea and it said he refused to celebrate against his former club? :lol:

It’s definitely too easy as Utd. Not sure it this is for all teams but I’m breezing the league at the start of Feb with a single defeat (Anfield). I never worry I’m going to concede. I just whack on people like Hannibal and Laird and we play fine every game.
I think it's a United thing, as I'm smashing teams with them too, although in other saves with Parma and Real Betis, I'm struggling for clean sheets and getting a lot of draws.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

No, I don't think so mate. As far as I know if you pay a release clause it needs to all be up front.

I got him in January of my first season after they gave me an extra 50 million and I managed to get the other 20 Million In sales so just paid the clause as I knew he probably wouldn't be there in 6 months time.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No, I don't think so mate. As far as I know if you pay a release clause it needs to all be up front.

I got him in January of my first season after they gave me an extra 50 million and I managed to get the other 20 Million In sales so just paid the clause as I knew he probably wouldn't be there in 6 months time.
Thanks

roonster09

Scout
Another year, another set of bizarre stats for players.

Luke Shaw has 8/20 vision despite the best thing he offers in attack being an early pass in behind the defence to set our attackers off on a counter attack. Thats a trademark Shaw pass

Apparently Lindelof, Bailly and Tuanzabe are better than Jones in the air.

Also Greenwood scored the most goals in the premier league last season from outside the box per 90 mins out of regularly starting players. He averaged a goal from outside the box in just over every 3 matches in the premier league. His efforts are almost always on target and usually into the corner of the goal. He has 12/20 long shooting
Jones has 16 for heading, Tuanzebe, Lindelof has 12. Jones is second best if I'm not wrong, only behind Maguire. So they are rated fairly.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I suppose it's hard to tell since we have only played 8 games in the league in real life but United seem way overrated on this...

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Halfway through the first season with Lokomotive Leipzig, and my shameless lower league 'run around a lot and kick people' tactics are proving fairly effective considering we were predicted 17th:

Managed to get Bernard in on loan from United, and having a covering centre half with a bit of pace has allowed us to play a high line without it being complete suicide. The other standout has been Dan N'Lundulu from Southampton who's a very well rounded forward for the level.

Robbie Boy

Bruno out for the season with a broken foot. I'm in March and Liverpool are ahead of me in first by 2 points. Absolutely devastated! Pogba is his deputy but he's awful. At least I have Telles to take over set piece duties.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Just found the most ridiculous bug in my Lille game. PSG scored a phantom goal from nowhere. One minute the score is 1-0 to me and the next it just changes to 1-1. Watched back on full match and they didn't even have possession when it happned. :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I agree with the notion that United are overrated on this. I won the League Cup, Premier League and Champions League in my first season. I was kind of hoping I would lose either one as I don’t see much point in playing a second season when I’ve pretty much won everything. Perhaps I will start with a different team, though I was hoping for 2/3 seasons with United at first.