Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Managing in the PL has been destroyed by Brexit. It’s okay for 3/4 years but when the new rules kick in its fecking crap.
sounds like it’s probably worth doing a lower league save this game because at least you can build up your own players and youth system that way through the leagues. Going to be tricky when you first get promoted to the PL though and are relying on 500k bargains.:lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How bad does it get? I never manage in England but I never buy any English talent after brexit as they take up a non eu quota! And for Serie A that’s huge as you only get 1 non eu signing a season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How bad does it get? I never manage in England but I never buy any English talent after brexit as they take up a non eu quota! And for Serie A that’s huge as you only get 1 non eu signing a season.
I haven’t got as far as @Berbaclass but even after two seasons it was incredibly frustrating trying to get work permits for young talent from anywhere apart from the UK. Even European youngsters were having work permits rejected. If they didn’t have the international experience despite being a wonderkid talent it was a no go pretty much.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Couldn't get a work permit for Hlozek who had 40 caps for the Czech Republic

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Going well with Sunderland at the moment. I'm 2nd in the league and doing ok in the ol' Papa John's. Got spanked by Everton in the Carabao though.

Still figuring out the best roles for some players. I turned off the first transfer window for squad realism but in the last day of the domestic one I realised it let me do loans so I've just brought in Anthony Elanga, Ethan Laird and Billy Gilmour.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Going well with Sunderland at the moment. I'm 2nd in the league and doing ok in the ol' Papa John's. Got spanked by Everton in the Carabao though.

Still figuring out the best roles for some players. I turned off the first transfer window for squad realism but in the last day of the domestic one I realised it let me do loans so I've just brought in Anthony Elanga, Ethan Laird and Billy Gilmour.
I'm with Sunderland too, just finished my second season, where I lost in the Championship playoff final. Not too bad that we lost though, as we probably weren't ready for the premiership.

You can look forward to transfer embargos at the worst moments, only for the proposed takeover to fall through. And basically no money for transfers.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm with Sunderland too, just finished my second season, where I lost in the Championship playoff final. Not too bad that we lost though, as we probably weren't ready for the premiership.

You can look forward to transfer embargos at the worst moments, only for the proposed takeover to fall through. And basically no money for transfers.
Excellent.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh for fecks sake I've only just realised I can do 5 subs a game.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Yep. For the first season anyway it is 5 subs in the Champ, League One and Two.
Feck sake, and here's me calling my assistant manager a dope for suggesting I substitute a player after I've already made 3 subs.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I started a game as United in the beta to get a feel for it, having not played FM for a good 6-7 years. Went for a random lower league team in release and wound up with Cheltenham in League Two, which was a lot of fun - gave a trial to every free agent that approached me, and kept any of them with any sort of potential. Ended up with 30-something signings in the opening transfer window, most of them on 170 quid a week :D

Decided to go back and start a new game as United now that ive got the hang a bit better. I invented a fairly crazy 4-3-3-0 strikerless formation which I want to make work. Spent a good hour firing and hiring staff, adjusting some scouting assignments.
Told the board to sign Declan Rice for me - they had a bid of £69m accepted but then failed to agree a contract with him. Boo. Went and spent my transfer budget on Szoboszlai instead, and then told the board "You failed last time I asked you to sign someone. Sign Ruben Neves for me to make up for it." So they went and spent a further £74m on him :lol:

Also signed Musa and Garay on free transfers, which I consider good business since I should be able to resell Musa for a good £20m or so next summer.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
England seem to hire anyone these days!

Do you just have hours of free time? That's mad. I'm in November 2020 on my Sunderland save.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Just had my first one. Embargoed for the entirety of November and then the deal fell through. Hopefully I can get some shit done in Jan.

Berbaclass

England seem to hire anyone these days!

Do you just have hours of free time? That's mad. I'm in November 2020 on my Sunderland save.
I've played 150 hours in about 3/4 different saves so far :lol:

I'm on furlough currently so I have nothing else to do really.

Berbaclass

I'm having an absolute shocker in Argentina :lol:

Can't fecking buy a win. It's like my tactics just suddenly don't work

Berbaclass

How many leagues have you got loaded?
Not too many on this, I wanted it to run pretty fast. I started with all the leagues in England, Ireland, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales on a large DB as I was going to do a British journeyman.

Since added some more European and South American leagues.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Not too many on this, I wanted it to run pretty fast. I started with all the leagues in England, Ireland, Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales on a large DB as I was going to do a British journeyman.

Since added some more European and South American leagues.

And it runs alright now?
I usually just have the big five plus Denmark. In the past when affiliated clubs played a bigger role I would load and remove leagues depending on my affiliates.

Berbaclass

And it runs alright now?
I usually just have the big five plus Denmark. In the past when affiliated clubs played a bigger role I would load and remove leagues depending on my affiliates.
Yeah very quick. I am running on a 2013 iMac too so not the greatest spec.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Guys, I’m having a complete nightmare.

I’ve got a graphics card called something like “intel family” or something. I keep getting a crash message and the game saying it is crashed because the graphics card is hung.

Apparently I need to update my graphics card drivers. My acer won’t let me do this though as it says that Intel are no longer updating this driver. This is my Processor:

Intel® Core™ i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz

This is what my driver says:

Intel® HD Graphics Family
A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Acer for the latest driver for your computer.
  • Driver Details
  • ProviderIntel Corporation
  • Version10.18.15.4248
  • Date4/8/2015

I have a 64 bit processor.

I host an online server for four of my mates. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Things are looking up for me. I binned off most of the team and signed promising 18 year old's from around Argentina. The average age of my team is insanely low :lol:

Dave_MUFC

Not sure how much the update changed when the full release came out, but my United team, unbeaten in 12 league games, with 11 wins and 1 draw just lost 4-0 to a Newcastle team playing 3ATB, with Callum Wilson scoring all 4 goals, who now has 19 goals in 16 games...

Every single one of his goals was a long ball over the defence, drifting past Maguire, even though I instructed the guys to drop deeper and man mark Wilson. And the defenders didn't even drop below a 6.7 final rating.

Frustrating, to say the least..

Berbaclass

Just watched a video from Dr Benjy where they simmed 500 years into the future and PSG won the French league 500 years in a row :lol:

hubbuh

Always like doing that, but league 2 is just too low for me. By the time I make it up to the premier league its like half regens. Ideally would like to make it up in 2 seasons and then go from there, so the player base is still "real". Probably will go for Nottingham Forest, they're usually my go to for slightly lower league journeyman style.
Did you end up starting a save with Forest? It's my local team, friends support them etc. so it felt like a good choice. I'm quite shit, however. Currently 6th but finding it difficult to score much. My ol' faithful gegenpress 4-3-3 with a DM isn't bearing much fruit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did you end up starting a save with Forest? It's my local team, friends support them etc. so it felt like a good choice. I'm quite shit, however. Currently 6th but finding it difficult to score much. My ol' faithful gegenpress 4-3-3 with a DM isn't bearing much fruit.
No I tend to do one of those saves after the 3rd patch later in the year

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What setting do you guys play the game through? How many games an hour can you get through?

whats the quickest settings to use to get through a seasons as fast as possible?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Lampard: We made van de Beek disappear
"You singled out Donny van de Beek for attention before the match and clearly did a good job on him as you emerged victorious. What is your immediate reaction?"
"I feel we deserved to win; we were excellent in every department and controlled the match. Van de Beek wasn't a factor."

No shit, he wasn't in the matchday squad.

2E_MUFC

Is it worth buying this year? May get it when I’m off for Christmas as I’m to into the PS5 at the min. What’s the best price to buy it for this year and where?
Also are United facepacks and logos still available after all the fuss from last year? I’m assuming that’s still carrying on.

anant

Any good BWM that are available in the game for cheap?

Berbaclass

Any good BWM that are available in the game for cheap?
Zobnin is usually a go to in FM for a DM for me, I've also had Kral too also from Spartak Moscow who's pretty good for a budget.

How much money we talking?

Berbaclass

Had my first big club poaching of the game :mad:

His release clause was 4.5 Million and he wouldn't sign a new deal FFS

anant

Zobnin is usually a go to in FM for a DM for me, I've also had Kral too also from Spartak Moscow who's pretty good for a budget.

How much money we talking?
i have 14 million. So, with installments and all, I might be able to stretch it to 30-35m