Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

hubbuh

Christ I forgot how addictive this game is. I also forgot how horribly cruel it can be. Lose to Wycombe (I'm at Forest) in the league but beat Spurs and City in the FA Cup (nil nil in both and went through on pens, but still). I need the league points you cnuts!

hubbuh

Bloody hell, Spurs in the 4th round, City in the 5th, Utd in the quarters :lol: Ridiculous.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What team are you. I quite like someone like Tousart as a BWM on this game.
I started with Utd

Have bought Sule and Gimenez (will be selling Bailly, Rojones) along with Szoblzai.

Lay

How often do you guys play BWM? I rarely if ever pick that role because in all the FM’s they end up costing me games by getting sent off.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
How often do you guys play BWM? I rarely if ever pick that role because in all the FM’s they end up costing me games by getting sent off.
Never really. If I play a two in midfield I'll pair a DLP and Mezzala/BTB and if I play with 3 the DM will play either as a DM/HB/AM.

I maybe will throw on a BWM if I'm winning late and trying to hold on to a game or something.

anant

In the past I've rarely used one, but this time, I'm thinking of trying one - with Pogba in support role and Bruno as #10.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of this. Made it to January in my first season with United and I am joint top with City, Liverpool 2 points behind us. I think it’s going to be like this until the end of the season as I’m confident that I can keep up with the pace. Although Martial is the league top scorer on 15 goals I don’t feel over reliant on any particular players, every body is playing well and chipping in. Rashford and Sancho started off slowly but have started performing recently and we’re looking very solid at the back with Maguire and Skinirar forming a great partnership.

Berbaclass

There never seems to be many good left-footed regen centrebacks. I hate playing a right-footer in the LCB position it just feels wrong unless I train their weak foot.

Berbaclass

Anyone else noticed there is now an option for you to delegate picking/managing the team on a proper matchday now.

I'm going to experiment with a DOF style save.

hubbuh

Did someone mention a patch that stops the Brexit/permit thing? It's crap as is. Couldn't loan a player from Spain ffs.

diarm

Is the game way buggier for everyone else since the full release? The beta seems fine but transfer negotiations, team talks, pressers and loads of other small things seem broken since I downloaded the update.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Anyone else noticed there is now an option for you to delegate picking/managing the team on a proper matchday now.

I'm going to experiment with a DOF style save.
I'm not sure that's what a DOF is for. Surely that's taking the manager's job.

I usually don't have a DOF since I like to control a lot of things myself. But recently I've been thinking of getting one to do transfers. Like add my targets and let him do the rest. Especially to sign players that the other team don't want to sell. I don't know if a DOF could help with that.

Berbaclass

I usually don't have a DOF since I like to control a lot of things myself. But recently I've been thinking of getting one to do transfers. Like add my targets and let him do the rest. Especially to sign players that the other team don't want to sell. I don't know if a DOF could help with that.
That's exactly what a DOF is for. Dealing with the transfers and then having a manager to do training and manage the team.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I will be the DOF buying/selling players and then passing match day responsibility to a person of my choosing in the AM role.

Bratt

Did someone mention a patch that stops the Brexit/permit thing? It's crap as is. Couldn't loan a player from Spain ffs.
Yes, I mentioned it.
If you go to Steam workshop, you’ll find two patches called No brexit. One is no brexit, but with the usual work permit system, the second one is no brexit and also no work permits needed.

edit: you’ll have to start a new save for it to work though.

hubbuh

Yes, I mentioned it.
If you go to Steam workshop, you’ll find two patches called No brexit. One is no brexit, but with the usual work permit system, the second one is no brexit and also no work permits needed.

edit: you’ll have to start a new save for it to work though.
Nice one mate cheers! I'll suck it up until it gets unbearable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's Nov 21st on my game and Cavani has three hat-tricks for me already. Martial still out injured since the second game of the season.
Maybe the beta was right about Cavani.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
That's exactly what a DOF is for. Dealing with the transfers and then having a manager to do training and manage the team.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I will be the DOF buying/selling players and then passing match day responsibility to a person of my choosing in the AM role.
Ah right, it sounded like you would get your DOF to run the matches basically.

Have you used a DOF for transfer dealings? And if so, does he manage to get you the players other clubs don't want to sell?

Berbaclass

Ah right, it sounded like you would get your DOF to run the matches basically.

Have you used a DOF for transfer dealings? And if so, does he manage to get you the players other clubs don't want to sell?
I haven't before mate.

2E_MUFC

How’s Grealish this year? When I eventually do buy this I was thinking of him to be a future signing for United. Is he good enough for the big step on this version?

NoLogo

In FM20 every time I had one they either messed up important contract renewals or didn't manage to get the player I wanted. Never tried it again after that, would be nice to hear if this has been improved in FM21.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Thanks buddy! Nice to see your ID :D been a while since we chatted!

How is it for you this time around?
Same to you mate, and I’ve been enjoying it but my laptop has packed in, gonna have to wait a bit until I can resume my Aberystwyth save. How’re you finding it so far?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How’s Grealish this year? When I eventually do buy this I was thinking of him to be a future signing for United. Is he good enough for the big step on this version?
His stats seem decent but seems a waste when we have Bruno, Pogba and Van de Beek...Bruno and Pogba especially always have great stats.

YAMS49

In FM20 every time I had one they either messed up important contract renewals or didn't manage to get the player I wanted. Never tried it again after that, would be nice to hear if this has been improved in FM21.
DOF's & Technical Directors were next to useless in FM20 as were AI managers squad building wise actually. Something the game designers have never really got correct.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
First season as United... I see FM is up to its usual shenanigans. The Spurs game left me particularly incredulous.

Fixture list looking good too... playing Liverpool 2 days after City? Sure! Sandwiched between games against Arsenal and Spurs (which is also only 2 days after the previous match!)? Sure!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just started my first actual transfer window at Sunderland. It's Jan 1st 2021 and I've got Jack Clarke, Sepp Van Den Berg, Luke Garbutt and Folarin Balogun joining on loan because I have no money to spend.

Already have Elanga, Laird and Gilmour but Elanga broke his foot and Laird has been covering LB for 4 months as my original one is out for 9 months. Garbutt signing can free Laird up to go back on the right now.

MattofManchester

First season as United... I see FM is up to its usual shenanigans. The Spurs game left me particularly incredulous.

Fixture list looking good too... playing Liverpool 2 days after City? Sure! Sandwiched between games against Arsenal and Spurs (which is also only 2 days after the previous match!)? Sure!
Yep. Nothings changed.

Had a 3.90xG against Rennes in CL, scored two goals.
They had a 0.12xG against me. Scored 2 goals.

Had a 3.67xG against Fulham at home. Scored nothing.
Fulham had a 0.07xG. One chance, one goal.

Seems like xG is about as useless as CCCs were.

Santos J

Yep. Nothings changed.

Had a 3.90xG against Rennes in CL, scored two goals.
They had a 0.12xG against me. Scored 2 goals.

Had a 3.67xG against Fulham at home. Scored nothing.
Fulham had a 0.07xG. One chance, one goal.

Seems like xG is about as useless as CCCs were.
Happens tbf, when West Ham beat Villa 2-1 last night, WH had 0.57 xg and Villa had 2.4

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Best result so far. Knocked the out of the FA Cup at round 4.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finishing up my first season. Lost in the QF of the champions league to Juve, looking like I'm going to lose the title to Liverpool on goal difference (both on 85 points with 1 game left, they have +5 goals better). Just managed to draw 0-0 at home to Burnley after they had a red early on and Bruno missed a pen too. Annoying. Won the FA Cup at least.

Already agreed deals to sign Haaland, Camavinga and Upamecano in the summer (turned off first transfer window so not many transfers happened in the first season).

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Started a career in The Conference with Boreham Wood, couple of inspired signings, won the league but more importantly managed to get the Quarter Finals in The F.A Cup, netting us circa 700k!

JakeC

Finishing up my first season. Lost in the QF of the champions league to Juve, looking like I'm going to lose the title to Liverpool on goal difference (both on 85 points with 1 game left, they have +5 goals better). Just managed to draw 0-0 at home to Burnley after they had a red early on and Bruno missed a pen too. Annoying. Won the FA Cup at least.

Already agreed deals to sign Haaland, Camavinga and Upamecano in the summer (turned off first transfer window so not many transfers happened in the first season).
Three best signings you could make TBH, should make a huge difference.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Started a career in The Conference with Boreham Wood, couple of inspired signings, won the league but more importantly managed to get the Quarter Finals in The F.A Cup, netting us circa 700k!
That’s a hell of an achievement. What kind of tactic are you running? Starting a network game with a mate soon and we usually start with clubs in league 2, but think we’re gonna pop ourselves in conference North and the other in South. I like taking conference sides but I always find contract situations a nightmare

JakeC

That’s a hell of an achievement. What kind of tactic are you running? Starting a network game with a mate soon and we usually start with clubs in league 2, but think we’re gonna pop ourselves in conference North and the other in South. I like taking conference sides but I always find contract situations a nightmare
Honestly got quite lucky with the cup run, was delighted to get into the 4th round, and simmed it so I can't take any credit for beating Southampton. The tactic is very similar to the one I made in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Here are some pictures.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Honestly got quite lucky with the cup run, was delighted to get into the 4th round, and simmed it so I can't take any credit for beating Southampton. The tactic is very similar to the one I made in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Here are some pictures.

Looks ridiculously effective, are you planning to take Boreham to the prem or will you try and move to bigger clubs?

JakeC

Looks ridiculously effective, are you planning to take Boreham to the prem or will you try and move to bigger clubs?
May as well stick with them, have a United save going as well, spent way too long offering trials to players to just leave!

Charlie Foley

“Finger McGhee” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Fixture scheduling around Christmas has been a joke in Football Manager for years. About one in ten saves will have a schedule somewhat resembling teams’ schedules in real life.