Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just won League One with Sunderland as well as the JPT.

I've agreed to take over Rangers at the end of the season because there's just no funds at Sunderland and I've relied mainly on loans.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there a way to get notified of sackings in your inbox? I know you can set it on social but that doesn't come to your mail, you just have to happen to see it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is there a way to get notified of sackings in your inbox? I know you can set it on social but that doesn't come to your mail, you just have to happen to see it.
Aside from subscribing to teams (if that even works) I have no idea. Good question though. Would have liked to do that in my journeyman save.

I suppose you could do something with screen flow possibly too.

Berbaclass

My tactic is definitely nerfed I think. I feel like you really get punished a lot more now for playing a really high line.

MattofManchester

It's my first experience of this. I received an offer of 20m from Dortmund for Shaw and the same offer from Inter, but the twit just refuses to leave the club.

Like, you're not wanted ffs. Go away.

Berbaclass

It's my first experience of this. I received an offer of 20m from Dortmund for Shaw and the same offer from Inter, but the twit just refuses to leave the club.

Like, you're not wanted ffs. Go away.
Yeah I’ve seen that like a million times. So annoying.

At least now sometimes they ask for a payoff which I like.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Only a month into the Rangers job and I'm already getting raid attempts on my best players which is making them unhappy.

They really should improve the player/club power dynamic. Clubs have been holding out for big fees for their top players in real life and the players don't kick up much of a fuss. Yet here my best left-back is annoyed that I'm asking for £2m more than his market value, and then still annoyed when I say I'll accept an offer for his actual fecking value. So dumb.

Berbaclass

Only a month into the Rangers job and I'm already getting raid attempts on my best players which is making them unhappy.

They really should improve the player/club power dynamic. Clubs have been holding out for big fees for their top players in real life and the players don't kick up much of a fuss. Yet here my best left-back is annoyed that I'm asking for £2m more than his market value, and then still annoyed when I say I'll accept an offer for his actual fecking value. So dumb.
Just do that old trick of agreeing an asking price with him then setting it to like 100k less.

When bids come you can reject them and he won’t get upset...

MattofManchester

My tactic is definitely nerfed I think. I feel like you really get punished a lot more now for playing a really high line.
Agreed. But I don't think it's even high lines. I dropped mine to Standard and balls over the top are killing me. The most blatantly average of teams can just hit it over the top and my players are lost on what to do.

The positioning for them is awful, which is costing a lot of goals.

Pretty sure SI won't fix it either.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
just followed them exactly and it still doesnt work. infuriating
If you're doing it mid-save I believe it might take until the next round of international call-ups for them to appear.

Caius

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any idea why some coaches aren't appearing in the game? Started a new save with more leagues and everything, but still can't find some of the coaches who should be there

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Any idea why some coachesaren't appearing in the game? Started a new save with more leagues and everything, but still can't find some of the coaches who should be there
Like who? If it's some German or Dutch coaches then it might be because of licensing issues.

anant

Like who? If it's some German or Dutch coaches then it might be because of licensing issues.
Van Nistelrooy. He's appearing in my friend's save, and apparently he has great attributes as well.

Santos J

@Solius and whoever else uses DF11 faces, skins are out which updates default skins with DF11 panels so they aren't tiny:

Van Nistelrooy. He's appearing in my friend's save, and apparently he has great attributes as well.
Have you done the real name fixes and got the dutch league loaded? He shows up for me but saw a few other people say they've no youth staff show up at PSV so could be one of the fixes that sorts it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius and whoever else uses DF11 faces, skins are out which updates default skins with DF11 panels so they aren't tiny:

Have you done the real name fixes and got the dutch league loaded? He shows up for me but saw a few other people say they've no youth staff show up at PSV so could be one of the fixes that sorts it.

Ooh nice. Cheers.

anant

I've loaded the dutch league, but haven't applied name fix. Could see RVP and the likes, and so thought this shouldn't be the issue. Irrespective, will try that out today. Thanks!

hubbuh

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob with this kind of thing, I've downloaded the skin but how do I enable the change on FM21?

pascell

Sorry to go off topic but is Ruud that highly regarded as a youth coach in real life? Because they're some solid, solid attributes right there.

Santos J

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob with this kind of thing, I've downloaded the skin but how do I enable the change on FM21?
Preferences > Advanced then skin under general. Make sure to untick cache skin and tick always reload skin on confirm.

My bad just seen you found it!

Sorry to go off topic but is Ruud that highly regarded as a youth coach in real life? Because they're some solid, solid attributes right there.
Not sure, can't find any write ups about him or anything. Koeman planned on taking him to the Euros as a coach with him while he was still their manager though but not sure that means much.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I cant get the German national team to appear. I've deleted the fake.inc files but they still dont show up.
havent even started the game. dont want to get going on a save without having germany exist
just uninstalled and reinstalled and it still doesnt work. gonna jump off a bridge
Damn sorry man, this is the only other real names fix I know, maybe you'll have more luck with this? (ignore the 'beta not released yet' thing, it was updated a few days ago) https://sortitoutsi.net/content/567...-file-v01-beta-for-fm21-beta-not-released-yet
Hope you get it figured out, the match engine is noticeably better this year than in previous years imo.
ok this one worked. thanks
That was a close call

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
How I managed to convince this guy to sign for me in League 2 I'll never know.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How I managed to convince this guy to sign for me in League 2 I'll never know.

Looked at him for my Rangers team but decided against it because of his mental stats. Great for L2 though.

Berbaclass

Yeah I’d probably give him a pass with those mentals TBF.

Id be interested to see his pros and cons.

hubbuh

Southampton are willing to extend my loan for Michael Obafemi, but want a £47m future fee. Stupid as feck! I'll be buggered without him.

hubbuh

That’s pretty steep :lol:

Can’t you get anyone else?
The window hasn't opened yet but I'm a shoe-in for promotion (with Forest), so I'll have to find someone else suited to the PL. The game keeps you guessing if nothing else!