Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

TrustInOle

I know that every year people bitch and moan about super keepers and smash and grabs, but I think I just had my worst experience ever. I wish I had not rage deleted my save so I could have shown the screen shot. I just lost 1 - 0 to Fulham in the league at home. Makes sense if this was real life, but this was FM. Fulham had 1 shot (total) all game, the goal which came from a 35 yard screamer from that Decorative-Reedguy. Uts had 35 shots, 20 on target. xG was 6.something. Greenwood had 3 1v1's, Rashford had 2 and only one shot was even on target. Areola had a rating of about 15.5 out of 10. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

As an aside, are they ever going to fix the 2v1 but never squares the ball thing. Drives me insane.
I second this, other than long balls over the top, this has been one of the more annoying features for years. I can get over the odd 1 shot equals a win for my opponent thing as you see smash and grabs in real life to. The 2v1 where the pass never comes, like ever, is just obnoxious at this point.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My CL group was wild. Just about made it through but was 2 - 0 down at one point on the final game.

Not going so well in the league though. 5th and 7 pts behind first.

2E_MUFC

Is it just me that gets random low ratings for defenders even when I’ve won? Most of my defenders get 6.4-6.7. Even when keeping a clean sheet?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Is it just me that gets random low ratings for defenders even when I’ve won? Most of my defenders get 6.4-6.7. Even when keeping a clean sheet?
I have the same issue but with my keeper. Multiple clean sheets but never has a rating higher than 6.7

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd save around 4 to 5 on average per game. I'm playing with Inter with Alex Meret in goal.
I don’t think it’s too bad. 6.7 is a fairly decent rating.

I think people get too hung up on minute details like that. Like anything above a 6.0 is generally okay. That’s why it drops into the red when below that.

2E_MUFC

I have the same issue but with my keeper. Multiple clean sheets but never has a rating higher than 6.7
Oh is that still a thing aswell? I know it was the normal thing in last years game. I never see a highlight of my keeper making a save too be fair haha.

2E_MUFC

I don’t think it’s too bad. 6.7 is a fairly decent rating.

I think people get too hung up on minute details like that. Like anything above a 6.0 is generally okay. That’s why it drops into the red when below that.
I’d disagree, especially if you’ve won the game. I bought Pau Torres and he’s not getting above a 6.5 and the media are questioning his performances. Anywhere between 6.8-7.0 is acceptable if you’ve won the game imo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I got offered the Chelsea job in Feb 2024 so I’ve accepted and will join at the end of my second season with Lazio. I am 4 points off the top and just qualified for the CL quarter final, though my laptop died just after that game so I may have to replay it :(

I think Chelsea is where I’ll try and build something more long term. I’ve avoided buying prospects because I knew I’d be spending max two years at clubs.

Berbaclass

I’d disagree, especially if you’ve won the game. I bought Pau Torres and he’s not getting above a 6.5 and the media are questioning his performances. Anywhere between 6.8-7.0 is acceptable if you’ve won the game imo.
What if you win the game but the player makes individual errors etc?

Berbaclass

Yeah i could agree with that, But for one of the defenders. After a fair few wins all of my defenders have had low ratings which too me seems abit odd.
I understand what you're saying I'm just suggesting that if you win a game you don't necessarily play well.

I think if you win, keep a clean sheet and all the defenders are pretty much faultless but receive a relatively poor rating then fair enough it's odd and should maybe be treated as a bug.

Like I said though a 'poor' performance to me is when it dips into the red. I'm fairly content with anything above that. Don't get me wrong if I have a player with a 6.3 or something I will take them off to try and improve but I don't think it's the worst thing. You will have game where you win comfortably but some players just aren't involved much and don't deserve a higher rating.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I got offered the Chelsea job in Feb 2024 so I’ve accepted and will join at the end of my second season with Lazio. I am 4 points off the top and just qualified for the CL quarter final, though my laptop died just after that game so I may have to replay it :(

I think Chelsea is where I’ll try and build something more long term. I’ve avoided buying prospects because I knew I’d be spending max two years at clubs.
I now have a load of players getting annoyed with me for not giving them new contracts but the board are blocking me from doing that because I'm leaving. Now half of my squad are pissed at me and we have a vital CL game against Liverpool next plus 7 games left for the title with the top 3 teams on 72, 72 and 1 points.

THIS GAME IS SO STUPID.

Berbaclass

I have been pretty good at FM for years, but this year nothing seems to work for me at all.
Same happened to me. In the beta I created a pretty basic tactic and it was brilliant for a while with multiple clubs/leagues and then I started getting battered.

I’m using the present gegenpress right now with a few minor tweaks and I think it’s great. Vertical tiki taka is fairly good too.

2E_MUFC

Same happened to me. In the beta I created a pretty basic tactic and it was brilliant for a while with multiple clubs/leagues and then I started getting battered.

I’m using the present gegenpress right now with a few minor tweaks and I think it’s great. Vertical tiki taka is fairly good too.
I’m using vertical tiki taka at the min. I’m Arsenal so I was expecting a challenge but nothings going for me at the min.
I wanted to go with something different so I’m using a 3 at the back with 2 wingbacks and 2 wingers. I’m either really open or really boring haha no in between.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I now have a load of players getting annoyed with me for not giving them new contracts but the board are blocking me from doing that because I'm leaving. Now half of my squad are pissed at me and we have a vital CL game against Liverpool next plus 7 games left for the title with the top 3 teams on 72, 72 and 1 points.

THIS GAME IS SO STUPID.
Hand over to a DOF instead?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Jesus, Phil Jones is a twit.

Asks me to move. I'm happy to oblige.

Gets offers from Norwich, West Brom, Bournemouth, Saint Etienne and RC Lens.

Rejects all of them.
Things like this are why I have the in-game editor. Not to cheat, but to fix annoying occurrences like that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Final day of the season and it looks like this. I have Sassuolo at home and Juve have Udinese at home. I could win the title with a draw but not if Juve thrash Udi.

Milan could possibly get relegated which is mad. They're away to Inter Milan on the final day but depends if Crotone can win their match against Parma.

I just won the Italian Cup as well thanks to my back-up striker Lorenzo Colombo, who I would definitely recommend. Immobile has been out since early April and he's stepped up at the perfect time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Final day of the season and it looks like this. I have Sassuolo at home and Juve have Udinese at home. I could win the title with a draw but not if Juve thrash Udi.

Milan could possibly get relegated which is mad. They're away to Inter Milan on the final day but depends if Crotone can win their match against Parma.

I just won the Italian Cup as well thanks to my back-up striker Lorenzo Colombo, who I would definitely recommend. Immobile has been out since early April and he's stepped up at the perfect time.

Emphatic win in the end with almost all the goals coming from signings I've made whilst at the club. Colombo absolutely smashing it again. Milan lost but luckily for them Crotone are shitter. Juve also drew so I didn't even need the win.

I leave to become Chelsea manager now. Italy conquered.

Ludens the Red

And the most politically correct game of the year award goes to.........

Also, I challenge anyone to do a save as hipster as this....

Dave_MUFC

Anyone been managing in Spain? I'm having an issue, so far with two different Spanish teams, where when I initially move players up from the B team, they appear in my main squad, but as soon as I continue, they disappear and go back into the reserve team?? Quite frustrating, as I want to do a Malaga save and there's about 4 promising youngsters I really want to get involved in the first team, but can't seem to get them to stay there...

Minkaro

Just checking my loan players. All seem to be appearing regularly, so that's good.

Except Werder seem to be playing Chong at centreback. Despite his defensive stats having an average of about 6. Not all the time, admittedly (he tends to play as an AMC there), but I'm still a bit concerned.

Berbaclass

Just checking my loan players. All seem to be appearing regularly, so that's good.

Except Werder seem to be playing Chong at centreback. Despite his defensive stats having an average of about 6. Not all the time, admittedly (he tends to play as an AMC there), but I'm still a bit concerned.
That’s a bit mad :lol:

Minkaro

That’s a bit mad :lol:
I realised later on that it might be because they've got a defensive injury crisis. Certainly in the one game they brought him on at CB in the 29th minute, which suggests a forced switch. I'll check when I load the game up again.

Quick question though, I've agreed to sign Alaba, but one of the promises was that I'd sign a player to help him settle. I wanted him and basically said "I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it" - but does that mean I have to sign one of the players under his preferred personnel list? (So Arnautovic or someone I've never heard of).

Berbaclass

I realised later on that it might be because they've got a defensive injury crisis. Certainly in the one game they brought him on at CB in the 29th minute, which suggests a forced switch. I'll check when I load the game up again.

Quick question though, I've agreed to sign Alaba, but one of the promises was that I'd sign a player to help him settle. I wanted him and basically said "I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it" - but does that mean I have to sign one of the players under his preferred personnel list? (So Arnautovic or someone I've never heard of).
Yeah he’ll kick off and hand in a transfer request if not.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I had one of those moments on FM that makes you think you’ve accomplished something amazing :lol:

Took over as manager of Colombia when they were 8th in qualifying. Qualified in the final game with a 1-0 backs to the wall win over Brazil. We would have been in the playoffs which I’m sure we would have won anyway.

got through a World Cup group consisting of Belgium, Poland and Honduras on goal difference (shit the bed in every game).

Somehow beat France in the last 16 with a penalty in the 85th minute. Beat Portugal in extra time 4-3 with a winner in the 120+4 minute. Which was great as Portugal equalised in the 120+2 minute (this happens far too often).

Went 1-0 down to Germany at half time, thought feck it I’ve gone further than expected and went all out attack second half (my tactics are counter attacking, playing for set pieces with a low block and time wasting :lol:) and won 3-1 with James Rodriguez becoming Messi

The final was against Denmark, who had a fecking easy run (Austria, USA, Sweden) and thrashed them 4-1.

Now I’m not sure if I should resign or try to win the Copa America. I was trying to do a longer run with them and build a nation that will eventually win the World Cup but I did it first attempt which wasn’t what I wanted to do

DevilsOwn

Is there a transfer window glitch in the game?

i just finished the 2020-21 season. And now all new signings i am trying to make will happen in the "next transfer window - 1/1/22". The summer of 2021-22 has no transfer window??

While donnarumma whom i am getting on free (agreement signed much earlier) is coming on 1 July 2021.

Berbaclass

Is there a transfer window glitch in the game?

i just finished the 2020-21 season. And now all new signings i am trying to make will happen in the "next transfer window - 1/1/22". The summer of 2021-22 has no transfer window??

While donnarumma whom i am getting on free (agreement signed much earlier) is coming on 1 July 2021.
How old are they?

NoLogo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The entire interaction module in this game is complete trash. It feels like something a 15-year-old scripted during their summer holidays, and it hasn't improved at all since its introduction. The problem is with the system that they implemented that there is an optimal way to answer the questions, and you realize that after a couple of hours playing the game and will always go with that and from that point on it's just tedious and repetitive.

I know you can give all the stupid interview sessions to your assistance manager, but he will feck it up sooner or later, and you will lose games because of it, so if you want to be at your best you are forced to go through it yourself.

And yeah I know you can play touch and not bother with shite like that, but I like developing young players and since you can't really control any training in FM Touch this isn't really a feasible option for me.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Does anyone has any LLM Tips?

In FM20 I had some great runs with Como starting in the Serie C and Mannheim starting in the 3rd Bundesliga.

I found out I enjoy long-term building much more than immediately playing for prizes..

Berbaclass

Does anyone has any LLM Tips?

In FM20 I had some great runs with Como starting in the Serie C and Mannheim starting in the 3rd Bundesliga.

I found out I enjoy long-term building much more than immediately playing for prizes..
Don’t scout players. Do lots of trials. Exploit the loan system as much as you can too.