Gaming Football Manager 2022

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I haven't bought FM for ages. With PES dying a horrible death I'm left without any gaming connect to footie. Used to absolutrly love FM back in the day but it does feel expensive for a statistical time sink.

Would you guys say 22 is worth it? And is if easy to get the latest transfers into the game? I'll be getting for a Mac if I do

saik

I haven't bought FM for ages. With PES dying a horrible death I'm left without any gaming connect to footie. Used to absolutrly love FM back in the day but it does feel expensive for a statistical time sink.

Would you guys say 22 is worth it? And is if easy to get the latest transfers into the game? I'll be getting for a Mac if I do
Would you be able to wait until FM23 is out? It should be coming out some time in November. Saying that, I don't expect it to be very much different from FM22. There were very strong rumors that they'll include women's football(as a headline feature) in FM23 but I don't think it's possible.

They have been making some noticeable improvements to the match engine every year. They have added in a dedicated "Data Hub" as well, which although I don't use it much is great for statistical nerds who can request a wide variety of data from the staff. I would definitely recommend FM22 though, especially if you haven't played any FM in years.

amolbhatia50k

Would you be able to wait until FM23 is out? It should be coming out some time in November. Saying that, I don't expect it to be very much different from FM22. There were very strong rumors that they'll include women's football(as a headline feature) in FM23 but I don't think it's possible.

They have been making some noticeable improvements to the match engine every year. They have added in a dedicated "Data Hub" as well, which although I don't use it much is great for statistical nerds who can request a wide variety of data from the staff. I would definitely recommend FM22 though, especially if you haven't played any FM in years.
As long as transfers can be updated I don't mind getting FM 22 at a lower price. As I haven't experienced the database for ages. I used to absolutely love the game. Just not sure I'll find the time consuming loop a waste after many years.

saik

As long as transfers can be updated I don't mind getting FM 22 at a lower price. As I haven't experienced the database for ages. I used to absolutely love the game. Just not sure I'll find the time consuming loop a waste after many years.
Transfers can definitely be updated. I have seen some youtubers use some updated databases already(not official ones from SI though).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I would wait and get FM23. When it’s released you can get it for around £20-30 with the discounts going around.

phelans shorts

I’m fairly sure 24 or 25 will be the womens game, they only hired a dedicated team for that database last year so it will take a bit of time to iron it all out. Also they would 100% have announced it straight after the Euros if it was likely to be in 23.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Any real benefits ?
Updated squads and talents. Transfer updates happen on older versions but because they are custom it also means that some people are creative with who they give upgrades to and sometimes they’re pretty poor. I’d also say this version of the game is far too easy so i am hoping the next game is it a bit more difficult.

amolbhatia50k

Has anyone installed transfer update patches on the mac? I downloaded the latest one and transferred to the editor data folder but it doenst recognise it when I start a new game.

amolbhatia50k

Which one did you install? Is it the one available on Sortitoutsi?
Nah I've read that they only do two updates a year, the second being for the winter window. This summers update has been done by other sites.

My game isn't picking up any of the .fmf files on the mac for some reason

saik

Nah I've read that they only do two updates a year, the second being for the winter window. This summers update has been done by other sites.

My game isn't picking up any of the .fmf files on the mac for some reason
https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-data-update Seems like they are updating it constantly maybe worth it.

Fmf files WILL NOT WORK if they are in a sub-folder within the main editor data folder. They need to be in the main editor data folder.
Maybe this is the issue you are facing?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Anyone have a fun game with a scenario?

I've been out of the FM game for a few years, picked this up a few weeks back.
Took over Lazio as the worst of the top 6 in Italy thinking it would be a bit of a challenge.
Season 1 - Won the league, Immobile won Ballon d'Or, Lost in the final of the Europa
Season 2 - Won the league, Immobile won Ballon d'Or, Lost in the final of the Champs
Season 3 - So far, 17 games in, 15 wins and 2 draws

So either this years game is super easy or Immobile is just too good.

Anyway, I've looked at a few challenges for next year.

Pentagon - Doesn't appeal
Youth - The idea is great, but I like buying players :lol:
Journeyman - I do like this idea, and am somewhat swaying towards it, just may find it frustrating constantly half building a team and facilities just to leave
Lower leagues - Download a leagues add on and manage somewhere in league 9 or 10

Has anyone got any fun suggestions of their own, or what they have done?

Nickosaur

Can't recommend anything outside of a standard journeyman - currently having a lot of fun in mine. (Starting unemployed with the lowest reputation).

I've managed in Wales, Russia, England and now in Spain. In 2030 I took over a talented Villarreal team that were in the relegation zone. By 2032 we'd won the league and Europa league. Going to be in the CL for the first time next season but will definitely take any job at a top team in France/Germany/Italy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Took over Lazio as the worst of the top 6 in Italy thinking it would be a bit of a challenge.
Season 1 - Won the league, Immobile won Ballon d'Or, Lost in the final of the Europa
Season 2 - Won the league, Immobile won Ballon d'Or, Lost in the final of the Champs

Journeyman - I do like this idea, and am somewhat swaying towards it, just may find it frustrating constantly half building a team and facilities just to leave
Lower leagues - Download a leagues add on and manage somewhere in league 9 or 10

Immobile is one of the best players of all time in the FM world.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I do still feel the call to go back to my FC Vaduz save every now and then. Trying to win the CL with them might keep you busy for a bit.

MattofManchester

Decided to pick this up with Amazon Prime for free as well as AC: Origins.

Hope playing as Man UFC is worth the hassle.

Red Star One

Decided to pick this up with Amazon Prime for free as well as AC: Origins.

Hope playing as Man UFC is worth the hassle.
We’re still a little bit overpowered I think and it’s not such a giant challenge to dominate with United, our resources and very capable squad on paper. If you have City buy Haaland first-second season (always happens in my saves and that’s how I was sure he’ll end up in City) the league is not so easy and can be fun. Enjoy bringing the glory back

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Took a job at Everton in 2026 after a few years bringing a League One team in Scotland up to the Premiership and finishing second. Expectation for the season is top half. Sitting pretty in 8th place when suddenly the club are bought out by a consortium mid January and they dump a ton of money into the club.

They change the expectation to Top 4. I struggle to get players in but manage to go on an eleven game unbeaten run. Team just misses out on fourth place by a single point. Fans and players adore me, owners like my style of play. Still get sacked.

cnuts.

MattofManchester

We’re still a little bit overpowered I think and it’s not such a giant challenge to dominate with United, our resources and very capable squad on paper. If you have City buy Haaland first-second season (always happens in my saves and that’s how I was sure he’ll end up in City) the league is not so easy and can be fun. Enjoy bringing the glory back
Tbh, I nearly uninstalled at the character creation screen. Didn't know I was playing a horror game.:nervous: