Gaming Football Manager 2022

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Wow, you're insanely far on.

Do you get your assistants to handle the admin intensive stuff like pressers, staff meetings etc or have just put a crazy amount of hours in?

I've got about 40 hours of play time but am only half way through my first season.
Haha yeah, send assistant to do all of that stuff and skip post match pressers etc. Don't touch the training or anything either.

Lebowski

Haha yeah, send assistant to do all of that stuff and skip post match pressers etc. Don't touch the training or anything either.
I thought as much!

I can see why too, the press conferences especially have already become such a chore. They don't seem to have improved much since the last FM I played which was at least 5 years ago, except now you have to give 2 extra ones before and after each game.

I started off trying to answer every question realistically, but now I just tend to say whatever will rile up the opposing manager the most.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
When outside of the transfer window, I just holiday from the end of one match until the start of the next. Let the assistant do the press conferences, training, etc.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That would make total sense. I picked him first in a weekly draft thing I do with some mates and he's been absolutely useless :lol:

I get the feeling LW/RW are kinda broken. If I put my midfielders back a bit in the classic LM/RM positions then they seem to more effective.
My inside forward scores a lot but it’s 90% back post headers. His heading stat is only about 8 as well.

Fm21 dribbling was probably over powered. I had a few players who could run the length of the pitch and score

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When outside of the transfer window, I just holiday from the end of one match until the start of the next. Let the assistant do the press conferences, training, etc.
Insanity.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought as much!

I can see why too, the press conferences especially have already become such a chore. They don't seem to have improved much since the last FM I played which was at least 5 years ago, except now you have to give 2 extra ones before and after each game.

I started off trying to answer every question realistically, but now I just tend to say whatever will rile up the opposing manager the most.
Annoys me that you end up getting a crap rating for dealing with the press, and it becomes an issue in your job interviews. It's not massive but you get punished a bit for not wanting to do what feels like a chore.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Has anyone who has Xbox Game pass ultimate been able to download the PC version on their laptop? I tried google for help but having no joy. Anyone help me with this?

Side note - Been watching some videos/reading forums and this Sesko guy seems to be a machine. Anyone signed him?

Siorac

Has anyone who has Xbox Game pass ultimate been able to download the PC version on their laptop? I tried google for help but having no joy. Anyone help me with this?
Log in to the Xbox app, search for the game, click Install. That's about it. What's the issue?

sebsheep

Ah, the Solskjær approach.

Abraxas

Side note - Been watching some videos/reading forums and this Sesko guy seems to be a machine. Anyone signed him?
Yep, I did this. Just make sure you're logged into the relevant Xbox account on the Microsoft store app. If it's some other account that's where you won't have the option to install as part of your subscription.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Insanity.
:lol: I presumed everyone else did that too. It does sometimes cause problems if a player wants to speak to me and I'm away on holiday so he just defaults to being annoyed, but I hate my players anyway so I don't care.

Do you take press conferences?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: I presumed everyone else did that too. It does sometimes cause problems if a player wants to speak to me and I'm away on holiday so he just defaults to being annoyed, but I hate my players anyway so I don't care.

Only for cup finals or big games.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Log in to the Xbox app, search for the game, click Install. That's about it. What's the issue?
Im not too clever with this stuff but the app was trying to make me use the email signed in to the outlook on my laptop (This email displays when i load it up) and i have to put a code in

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

He’s class. Got him for Utd as the Cavani succession plan and he’s ready to play PL on the second year of the game. There aren’t very many good headers of the main expensive strikers. There’s also a giant of a lad (Italian u21) 201cm striker who is already good at heading at Pisa who can be got cheap from January 2021. I think either of those and Moukoko in a 2 is a cheat code

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Yep, I did this. Just make sure you're logged into the relevant Xbox account on the Microsoft store app. If it's some other account that's where you won't have the option to install as part of your subscription.
He’s class. Got him for Utd as the Cavani succession plan and he’s ready to play PL on the second year of the game. There aren’t very many good headers of the main expensive strikers. There’s also a giant of a lad (Italian u21) 201cm striker who is already good at heading at Pisa who can be got cheap from January 2021. I think either of those and Moukoko in a 2 is a cheat code
If i can figure out how to get the game downloaded later ill be straight in for Sesko to start with anyway. Newcastle save to have a little fun as i dont have it in me any more to grind a long long save

sebsheep

Dani Alves is still pretty decent as well, forgot to pick him up on a free until January in my save though. Cheap wages as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If i can figure out how to get the game downloaded later ill be straight in for Sesko to start with anyway. Newcastle save to have a little fun as i dont have it in me any more to grind a long long save
Im fairly sure neither will move in the first window as they’ve just signed new deals. If you’re Newcastle or United Wilson/Cavani/Martial will tide you over. Best value in the game for me is always Almada (amc) 5-7 million from Argentina and a Bosnian defender Ahmedhodžić (5 mil) steal

Lebowski

:lol:
Holidaying between every match is hardcore, you're purposefully missing about 90% of the game.

Do the board or the players never kick up a fuss?

I haven't played an FM before this one since about 2015 so this may be wrong, but I think the boring admin stuff like pressers can have a big effect on performances, right?

I can understand letting your 5 star Italian assistant manager who doesn't speak English ake a third round FA Cup presser against Wycombe, but peacing out of everything except the game is a level of detachment that I can only respect.

sebsheep

:lol:
Holidaying between every match is hardcore, you're purposefully missing about 90% of the game.

Do the board or the players never kick up a fuss?

I haven't played an FM before this one since about 2015 so this may be wrong, but I think the boring admin stuff like pressers can have a big effect on performances, right?

I can understand letting your 5 star Italian assistant manager who doesn't speak English ake a third round FA Cup presser against Wycombe, but peacing out of everything except the game is a level of detachment that I can only respect.
I don't think it has a major effect, but you can get a few positive or negative reactions to a press conference.
I tend to send my assistant to them if we've just lost a game, don't need any daft questions from that lot.

Nickosaur

Ronaldo for me scored 30 goals in 10 games
What tactic? And what role is Ronaldo playing?
I'm trying to make a vertical tiki taka work. Not really seen much success... I'm currently 4th after 12 games behind City, Villa and Southampton :lol:
Started Ronaldo as a complete forward, but he's been shite recently (no goals in 5 games and missed a pen in the last one!)

Lebowski

I don't think it has a major effect, but you can get a few positive or negative reactions to a press conference.
I tend to send my assistant to them if we've just lost a game, don't need any daft questions from that lot.
Yeah, press conferences and praising players seems to get your players to love you.

I'm one of Ronaldo's best mates now and all it took was a few pats on the head each time he scored a hattrick, then telling the media 'I am happy he scored a hattrick'. Ferguson eat your heart out.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Ok I got the game sorted. Can someone give me a dumbass version of how to put kits and names etc in? The guides I have are fornsteam where as I'm playing via Xbox (pc game on laptop, logged into Xbox)

Lay

I holiday game to game sometimes. I don’t care for 90% of the news stories I get. Press conferences are a waste of time too. When I do them, I just click the second option almost every time without reading the answers

::sonny::

What tactic? And what role is Ronaldo playing?
I'm trying to make a vertical tiki taka work. Not really seen much success... I'm currently 4th after 12 games behind City, Villa and Southampton :lol:
Started Ronaldo as a complete forward, but he's been shite recently (no goals in 5 games and missed a pen in the last one!)
Advanced striker, or something like that, 27 goals from August to October, 0 assists. put him on attacking the first post on corner kick.

my signings first year:
Musiala permanent
Tuochemi loan
Trippier loan
Sessegnon on loan for free
Paulinho free agent

Line up 1
Henderson

bissaka varane maguire shaw

fred pogba
Bruno

greenwood Musiala
Ronaldo

Line up 2

de gea

trippier/dalot lindelof bailly telles/sessegnon

touachemi McT/Hannibal

Paulinho/Shoretire

Sancho Rashford

Cavani/Martial

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just about getting through my first summer transfer window in charge of Fiorentina, summer 2022. They're all bitching every day. Half the team wants to leave and the squad wants me to let them go. feck that. Not letting my best CB, CM and Vlahovic all go before I had the chance to use them and grow their value. All have contracts until 2026 too.

The squad was horribly bloated so I did my usual thing of picking a starting 11 and backup 11, and transfer listing the rest/sending them to the reserves. They just clutter my first team squad page so in the reserves at least I don't see them if nobody buys them. Tried to get Ahmedhodzic but he picked Porto over me... Brought in 2 young promising squad players from Juve though, Niccolo Rovela and Luca Pellegrini. Both loans with options to buy for 7m so I'll probably do that. Also brought in Hateboer at right back on loan, and then had a 20m budget for this summer so I tried my luck and got Adeyami in. First game, scores a hat trick in the first half :drool:

Ajax was always pretty short term, good starting job to then move on after getting a league title, but I think I'll spend a few years with Fiorentina. See how far I can grow them before deciding to move on. Always want to have a save where I win in every major league and then settle with United.

::sonny::

I holiday game to game sometimes. I don’t care for 90% of the news stories I get. Press conferences are a waste of time too. When I do them, I just click the second option almost every time without reading the answers
Van Dijk golden boot

Lay

I signed Christensen from Chelsea on a free for my Napoli side. 6 months in he wants to leave despite being a regular. All because he didn’t play his promised role. Every other day a player wants a new contract

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'd like to know this as well
Its really good.

I play it on my Chromebook, it's slightly improved from last year's version.
Feels more like CM03/04 mixed with FM08 now. You can edit players positions attacking and defensive for set pieces, and create some good custom tactics which do actually make a difference during the match.

Its well worth the cash, and doesn't take forever to play, I am a season into it after about 8 hours of play.

Just the right depth for someone who's meant to be working from home whilst suffering from Corona!!

Lebowski

Worst example of stupid press conference questions I've seen so far.

CL final against Man City. Broadcast interview.

First question:

'Burnley manager Sean Dyche has taken the perhaps bold step of placing Chris Wood on the transfer list. Is that a decision you agree with?'

THE PEOPLE DEMAND TO KNOW.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Van Dijk golden boot

I'm just not looking at things like that this year. Stuff like that, learning the best prospects and copy paste tactics are always the reason behind me ending saves early.

Really enjoying my journeyman save to the point where I had to force myself to take a day's break because my eyes were killing me :lol:

Lay

Van Dijk golden boot

I don’t like to use exploits because, what’s the point? I’m also lazy with set pieces, I just assign the takers and don’t do any of the set piece stuff. I’ll do it now and then but it usually just involves bringing everyone but the full backs forwards.

My current save saw me win Serie A with 100 points (Inter second with 86). Quarter of the way through the second and I’m joint top but have a game in hand. I’ve started to edit transfers for the AI already to give me a challenge (Mbappe to Juventus). The highly rated players like Haaland etc will join other Serie A clubs in January or the summer.

sebsheep

Ended up 8th in my 1st season with Newcastle, going into the last game we needed a win against Watford to stand a chance of getting into Europe. After 15 minutes we were 3-0 down, conceding 2 penalties. Ended up getting it back to 3-3 despite having Lodi sent off, lost 4-3 after missing a Penalty. Mike Dean was the ref as well. :lol:
Think we might need to do something a bit differently next season, conceded 62 goals in the league. :nervous:

Ralaks

I signed Christensen from Chelsea on a free for my Napoli side. 6 months in he wants to leave despite being a regular. All because he didn’t play his promised role. Every other day a player wants a new contract
It is a bit silly. I signed Mæhle and basicly won it all with United. He then wanted to leave because I played him as right wing back on support rather than complete wing back on support.

Shaw also kicked up a fuss because I denied him a new contract after his agent claimed he deserved one after his performance in the previous game where he got a 6.7 - the definition of average.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It is a bit silly. I signed Mæhle and basicly won it all with United. He then wanted to leave because I played him as right wing back on support rather than complete wing back on support.

Shaw also kicked up a fuss because I denied him a new contract after his agent claimed he deserved one after his performance in the previous game where he got a 6.7 - the definition of average.
It's broken and has been completely ignored by SI. I've learned to never make promises of that sort, and always take them out. The player is usually fine with it.