Gaming Football Manager 2022

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, you can skip basically everything right from the start if you like.

This was the first FM I've played for about a decade though so I wanted to see the 'new' features and learn what I needed to skip without it causing me issues.

For me at least, coming from an old FM to a new one it was the new level of admin required that stood out the most. It might as well have been called 'office job simulator 2022' for the first couple days I played it - weekly meetings with recruitment, the board, the analytics department, being bombarded with social media reaction to every decision etc.
I suppose that’s pretty realistic though for a football manager and at least they allow you to choose skipping/delegating the functions you don’t care about much.

Dan_F

Really trying to resist the temptation to buy it. I’m only 5 seasons in on a save on 2021 and would probably just start a new save on 2022 with the same team, just to go through the same hassle of trying to raise the co efficient enough to automatically qualify for the Champions League.

Shamefully I did have to buy the in game editor to adjust the crowd capacity. It was maxed out at 9k, even though the stadium is 16k and fills out in real life for derby games and CL qualifiers.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Interesting.

I decided to cave to his demands and transfer list him for £200 million (which he apparently thinks is a fair value), but next time I'm just going to dig my heels in and refuse, then tell them all to kick rocks when they mutiny.

Funnily enough, England have just won the World Cup in Qatar with Greenwood scoring both goals against Portugal in the final. I'd like to think he'll now realise that he doesn't need a transfer to play for the national team, but who knows... maybe he thinks if he gets his dream move to Newcastle he'll score a hat trick in the 2026 final...
Yeah, I've very rarely had to sell a player after they've kicked up a fuss. They eventually (longest was a season) come round and want to stay. Dependent on how well you are doing I guess.
Though I've had an annoying issue with Zielinski.

Zielinski: "I want to start more games"

He's been available for 30 games this season, he started 25 and came off the bench once. The other 4 games I rested him so he would be fit for vital UCL games. He asks this with one game left in the season :lol:

Shamefully I did have to buy the in game editor to adjust the crowd capacity. It was maxed out at 9k, even though the stadium is 16k and fills out in real life for derby games and CL qualifiers.
The In game editor is one of the best things about the game.

Last edited:

NoLogo

It's the second season, I'm playing CL, but no super cups or anything like that. So why am I 2-3 games behind everyone else? It's incredible how lazy SI are with implementing all these things. First year VAR was the same, 100% correction rate, yet you would have to sit through 10 seconds of animation.
Maybe the team you had to play on that day had another game? But yeah I seem to remember this happening to me in some save games as well where for some reason me and the other team simply didn't play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm second in the Eredivisie approaching Christmas. Not sure if I'll be able to overtake Ajax.

Bombed out of the Europa League, bottom of the group.

NoLogo

Yeah, you can skip basically everything right from the start if you like.

This was the first FM I've played for about a decade though so I wanted to see the 'new' features and learn what I needed to skip without it causing me issues.

For me at least, coming from an old FM to a new one it was the new level of admin required that stood out the most. It might as well have been called 'office job simulator 2022' for the first couple days I played it - weekly meetings with recruitment, the board, the analytics department, being bombarded with social media reaction to every decision etc.
Yeah I pretty much skip all the meetings, press conferences and other time-wasting bullshit. As far as I can tell, you don't have any disadvantage if you do it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm second in the Eredivisie approaching Christmas. Not sure if I'll be able to overtake Ajax.

Bombed out of the Europa League, bottom of the group.
One in game week after this and the Ajax manager has left to join Dortmund. Could be my chance :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Maybe the team you had to play on that day had another game? But yeah I seem to remember this happening to me in some save games as well where for some reason me and the other team simply didn't play.
Leipzig, Wolfsburg and Bayern are the other three CL teams. They should have the same schedule as me, yet they are 2 games ahead. I don't see any logical explanation for this other than SI couldn't be bothered to create a reasonable schedule for this event alone.

Edit: I compared my own schedule with Bayern's and my team just skipped two weekend fixtures.

NoLogo

Leipzig, Wolfsburg and Bayern are the other three CL teams. They should have the same schedule as me, yet they are 2 games ahead. I don't see any logical explanation for this other than SI couldn't be bothered to create a reasonable schedule for this event alone.

Edit: I compared my own schedule with Bayern's and my team just skipped two weekend fixtures.
Okay, well then it's clearly bullshit but yeah I remember this happening even in FM21 and maybe even before. No idea what causes it though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What I noticed in this FM whereas in FM21 pretty much every VAR decision was 100% correct now they even sometimes get the lines wrong on where the players are, no idea if this is intentionally or a bug.
VAR not automatically leading to a changed decision is a much needed change for realism, though I could do without getting the VAR box and extra replay on a call that was correct by the real life equivalent of 1 meter. But if the lines drawn are indeed so wrong that you can spot it as a user (I haven't paid close enough attention myself), then that has to be a bug.

Last edited:

Siorac

It's the second season, I'm playing CL, but no super cups or anything like that. So why am I 2-3 games behind everyone else? It's incredible how lazy SI are with implementing all these things. First year VAR was the same, 100% correction rate, yet you would have to sit through 10 seconds of animation.
I once had to play a Champions League FINAL with a bunch of fringe players because some international games conflicted with it somehow.

NoLogo

VAR not automatically leading to a changed decision is a much needed change for realism, though I could do without getting the VAR box and extra replay on a call that was correct by the real life equivalent of 1 meter. But if the lines drawn are indeed so wrongly that you can spot it as a user (I haven't paid close enough attention myself), then that has to be a bug.
It definitely seems like a bug, I had it at least twice that the goal was ruled standing while my the line was clearly drawn on his foot further back and not that in the front. Might also be that it is again just a display bug where the ME thinks the person is in another position than what it shows to the user.

Funny first game of the season, I had it happen again. VAR draws the line at Griezmanns back foot, goal stands despite him being clearly offside on my screen.

Last edited:

NoLogo

What a weird first game of the season for my young Barca team.

Against Athletic we start like a wild hurricane. First goal comes after two minutes and is an own goal by Unai Nunez after his namesake Unai Simon saves a header by Langlet from a corner just to direct it into Nunez back.

The second goal comes only 5 minutes later when Griezmann gets on the end of a great team move and lobs it over Simon. This is followed by 50 minutes of insane chance wasting on our end, Griezmann misses a penalty and 2 one on ones with Simon just for us to concede a long shot screamer by Raul Garcia in the 61st minute.

At this stage I already think this is going to be one of those stupid games I'll end up drawing after completely dominating the whole game. In the 75th minute after Griezmann wastes another quality chance I have seen enough and sub him of for Moukoko, which I brought in for €66M in the summer and he succeeds where Griezmann so miserably failed and scores only 3 minutes after coming on.

Another own goal by Atheltic and Moukokos second goal end up making it a clear 5-1 win.

Oh yeah second season transfers for Barca, I got rid of Busquets, Trincao, Pjanic, Agüero and Depay. I only brought in players 18 or younger. 3 newgens and Moukoko, with Moukoko being by far the most expansive at €66M the rest cost between €3M and €12M.

All in all I feel we are currently in a excellent financial position with a balance of €500M. I wonder if any of that money can be used to pay off debt?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They need to make a better way to handle scouting/transfer targets IMO. I want to be able to have a list of targets and the order of preference, and so I can split it per position with squad building plans. Almost like the squad depth screen, but one for targets and so i can arrange them from top target to lower targets.

Hard to keep track of a full new group of players and needs, sometimes I find a gem and the next day forget who it was and have to go through a messy scout tab or a big shortlist of names with no order of preference. Can especially see it being a thing later on when there are more regens that you don't know who they are.

I have my own excel file that I'm basically using for this save to organize my main targets per position.

Last edited:

NoLogo

They need to make a better way to handle scouting/transfer targets IMO. I want to be able to have a list of targets and the order of preference, and so I can split it per position with squad building plans. Almost like the squad depth screen, but one for targets and so i can arrange them from top target to lower targets.

Hard to keep track of a full new group of players and needs, sometimes I find a gem and the next day forget who it was and have to go through a messy scout tab or a big shortlist of names with no order of preference. Can especially see it being a thing later on when there are more regens that you don't know who they are.

I have my own excel file that I'm basically using for this save to organize my main targets per position.
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I usually have different shortlists for all of my positions, whenever I find someone that I think could fit one of my positions I put them on that specific shortlist, helps me keep better overview over all the interesting players.

bosnian_red

Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I usually have different shortlists for all of my positions, whenever I find someone that I think could fit one of my positions I put them on that specific shortlist, helps me keep better overview over all the interesting players.
Didn't even realize I could make separate shortlists...I would just add to shortlist indefinitely when I remembered to, and then scroll through a jumbled list. Or usually just try and sign the player right away. Not really good for long term targets.

NoLogo

What the shite is actually up with players and their contract demands? Is this a hard coded joke for when you take over Barca? 6 games into the return season for Griezmann, he asks for more money. The dipshit is on 750k pw. He can feck right off.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Managed to get promotion after the playoffs despite everyone in the team thinking we'd get relegated. Board sells my two best players and gives me feck all money to replace them. We're third in the Championship, three players averaging 7.5 or so per game. So I sit down and talk with them, because apparently I don't do that enough, and they all say that I'm wrong when I tell them that their performances have been decent. Every single one of them tells me that this isn't the last I'll hear about it, and their morale drops.

Like, listen you bunch of juvenile cnuts. If you think you're unhappy now wait until you find out that I've pumped your mums. fecking hate East Fife and Methil is a shithole. They're paying me 850 a week at the moment though so I'll stay until the end of the season, save up enough for a new house in my hometown, and manage Raith or something.

sebsheep

Okay my left wing back position is cursed. 1st choice got injured for 2-3 months, 2nd choice ended up out for 3-4 weeks then 3rd choice ended up out for a week. :lol:

Also, blast from the past for today Obafemi Martins. Still playing apparently, signed him on a free.

NoLogo

Okay my left wing back position is cursed. 1st choice got injured for 2-3 months, 2nd choice ended up out for 3-4 weeks then 3rd choice ended up out for a week. :lol:

Also, blast from the past for today Obafemi Martins. Still playing apparently, signed him on a free.
Typcial for FM. Injuries always seem to pile up on one position. Once had a game where 1st choice winger got injured, I subbed in second choice left-winger, 10 minutes later, bam injured. Following week, my 3rd choice youngster who can play there, bam also injured. Only 3 players that were injured at the time. And stuff like this hasn't happened just once but easily in every save game a handful of times, minus two players getting injured in the same game but usually one after the other.

sebsheep

Typcial for FM. Injuries always seem to pile up on one position. Once had a game where 1st choice winger got injured, I subbed in second choice left-winger, 10 minutes later, bam injured. Following week, my 3rd choice youngster who can play there, bam also injured. Only 3 players that were injured at the time. And stuff like this hasn't happened just once but easily in every save game a handful of times, minus two players getting injured in the same game but usually one after the other.
Yeah, I've had that double injury in the same game thing in the past.
They're all coming back from injury now anyway, just have to deal with Conté moaning at me for not playing a loanee in the correct position.

sebsheep

Managed to get promotion after the playoffs despite everyone in the team thinking we'd get relegated. Board sells my two best players and gives me feck all money to replace them. We're third in the Championship, three players averaging 7.5 or so per game. So I sit down and talk with them, because apparently I don't do that enough, and they all say that I'm wrong when I tell them that their performances have been decent. Every single one of them tells me that this isn't the last I'll hear about it, and their morale drops.

Like, listen you bunch of juvenile cnuts. If you think you're unhappy now wait until you find out that I've pumped your mums. fecking hate East Fife and Methil is a shithole. They're paying me 850 a week at the moment though so I'll stay until the end of the season, save up enough for a new house in my hometown, and manage Raith or something.
Don't think I've ever seen someone with such a hatred of the entire club they're managing. :lol:

NoLogo

That's the right spirit, tell the juvenile cnuts who is boss. :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Don't think I've ever seen someone with such a hatred of the entire club they're managing. :lol:
They're about five minutes along the road from me and the AI versions of the locals just remind of the real narcissistic cnuts that live around here in real life.

Back to back promotions somehow, but struggling in the Prem. Sitting in 9th place out of a possible 12 and the board are thinking about sacking me. Might piss off to Portugal and work on my tan.

GueRed

Be prepared for a serious amount of admin.

I almost bailed before the season started because I found the daily meetings with staff, scouts, board members, players etc more tedious than my day job. When you get into the flow of regular matches and know what you can skip / delegate it's much more fun though.
Yeah looks hardcore for someone with little patience like me.
Has a lot more depth than when I last played it in 2003.

But im gonna try give it a proper go..

Lay

SI are working on fixing the inside forward position which has made some of the best players in the game redundant currently.

It was probably overpowered on Fm21, a lot of my inside forwards would dribble from the half way line and score. This version, they rarely dribble or even cut inside. They’re just back post poachers at the moment

NoLogo

SI are working on fixing the inside forward position which has made some of the best players in the game redundant currently.

It was probably overpowered on Fm21, a lot of my inside forwards would dribble from the half way line and score. This version, they rarely dribble or even cut inside. They’re just back post poachers at the moment
Don't think they were overpowered, even in FM21 they had this annoying thing where they would run towards up and shoot at the outside of the goal net. Now they are useless though because all they see to do is run wide, turn on the spot and make a cross.

sebsheep

Oh dear, in the Swiss 2nd division they don't let you replace any player in your squad registration if they have played at least 1 game, I just had 2 first teamers and some fringe players leave in January. 21 player squad size as well :lol:

bosnian_red

Had a late season collapse after being comfortable in 2nd all season, ended in 4th though. Vlahovic got sick of me constantly upsetting him and demanded a transfer, which was fine by me as I needed a squad turnover anyway to step up. Sold him for 60m cash to Napoli, the others were all giving around that in installments so whatever. Arsenal came in for my goalkeeper out of nowhere so had to replace him with Lafont. Then Leeds bids 30m for my left winger so bringing in Calvin Stengs probably to replace him. Then my main CB got annoyed of course so I brought in Solet after he left for 10m. And so on... way more turnover than I thought. Going to aim to just stay in the CL spots this year probably.

Can't find a right back at all. Brought Zappa, decent enough young right back and then fecking Darmian for 500k as I had no depth for the position. If Zappa flops then I have no idea where to turn for it.

Edit: So ended up going crazy with the transfers, spent 180m after I brought in 150m worth. Managed to get Gravenberch which was a huge signing for me.

Last edited:

Pscholes18

Still looking for this game on sale, hit me up if you see anything.

How deep do you lot get into the game?? Oversee every aspect or let coaches do most of the work?

sebsheep

Had a late season collapse after being comfortable in 2nd all season, ended in 4th though. Vlahovic got sick of me constantly upsetting him and demanded a transfer, which was fine by me as I needed a squad turnover anyway to step up. Sold him for 60m cash to Napoli, the others were all giving around that in installments so whatever. Arsenal came in for my goalkeeper out of nowhere so had to replace him with Lafont. Then Leeds bids 30m for my left winger so bringing in Calvin Stengs probably to replace him. Then my main CB got annoyed of course so I brought in Solet after he left for 10m. And so on... way more turnover than I thought. Going to aim to just stay in the CL spots this year probably.

Can't find a right back at all. Brought Zappa, decent enough young right back and then fecking Darmian for 500k as I had no depth for the position. If Zappa flops then I have no idea where to turn for it.
Depending on your budget, I bought this Brazilian right back called Vanderson on my Newcastle save for £12.5m. Was very good for me.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Just bought this and going to start a non-league to legend straight away and just learn on the job!

Not fussed on faces but could anyone direct me towards a good badge and shirt pack? Just any easy download from a site if possible?

Lay

Beat United in the UCL final but finished third in the league. Milan won it on either H2H or goal difference against Juventus. I had two home 0-0 draws in the 35th and 36th game which cost me the league.

Ive gone for a 4-3-1-2 formation (no wingers) due to the ME