Gaming Football Manager 2022

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
SI are working on fixing the inside forward position which has made some of the best players in the game redundant currently.

It was probably overpowered on Fm21, a lot of my inside forwards would dribble from the half way line and score. This version, they rarely dribble or even cut inside. They’re just back post poachers at the moment
I'm going away in a couple days so gunna start a save. If Inside Forwards are pointless now, what formation are people settling on?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm going away in a couple days so gunna start a save. If Inside Forwards are pointless now, what formation are people settling on?
Crossing is quite OP though so wingers can still be useful.

Dan_F

Is there any way I can up the maximum amount I can offer a player for wages? I currently have a transfer budget of £50 million and am spending £110k a week on wages, with an available budget of £745k.

My board won’t allow me to offer anyone higher than £15k a week and it’s really hampering my ability to take the club forward. Don’t get me wrong, when I started my max wage was about £3k per week, so it’s gotten better, but it’s just so frustrating to constantly miss out on players that want about £20k, when all that money is just sitting there unused.

I’m happy to use the in game editor if it’s just some stupid setting because I’m in a tiny league.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Finished my 1st season with Vaduz. Went very well, walked the league and the Liechtensteiner Cup so will be back into the Euro Conference league qualifiers again next year as we move up to the top division. Almost made to to the group stages this year but caf favourites Rosenberg managed to sneak past us 1-0 over two legs.

Yeah, the formation is odd but it worked. Had aimed for a 5-3-2 but no decent CBs came in from my scouts and my 3rd one was a bit week but I had some very good DMs and CMs so went with it. Broke league records for points and goals scored. Might need to switch it up as we'll be one of the weakest teams in the top division.

K Stand Knut

What leagues do people start with you start a journeyman career with no coaching experience?

have just started my first one and loaded England, Germany, Italy, Spain and Belgium but a bit worried that all the countries and clubs are a bit too high a profile and therefore having no experience will make it practically impossible for any job.

Can you add leagues in at a later date like I think you could in FM 2021

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What leagues do people start with you start a journeyman career with no coaching experience?

have just started my first one and loaded England, Germany, Italy, Spain and Belgium but a bit worried that all the countries and clubs are a bit too high a profile and therefore having no experience will make it practically impossible for any job.

It will be fine with the likes of England and Scotland on. As long as there are at least 4 tiers. So throw in Norway/Sweden maybe too?

I did that last year, and fired up my first save last night just to see who I would get. Got a job in Vanarama North after three weeks holidaying.

Abraxas

You can add leagues later.

Quite a few people here ended up in Norwegian division 2 so that's the kind of indication. You want as many of this kind of league as possible. It depends how much time you're willing to holiday for at the beginning to wait for jobs. It's trickier than it used to be to get a variety of offers, even from poor sides.

Having a volume of them helps. I've got pretty much everywhere in Europe playable (which is probably unnecessary) and it is pretty fast this year. Depends on your PC though.

sebsheep

You can still add in leagues, yeah.
It sort of depends how you want to do a save though, it can be pretty interesting managing on countries that you never have before.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
feck East Fife. Sitting nicely in the SPL's 5th spot, hammered Rangers 1-0 last match, and the fans start saying they want me out because we're not competing for the title. Erm, feckfaces; you were a third tier side before I got you back to back promotions, a comfy 9th spot in our first Premier League season, and now we're competing for a place in Europe despite having the financial budget of your collective dole checks. So feck ye's, ahm aff.

Scotland manager moved to Rangers. Vacancy. Took a punt. Now managing Scotland. Qualified for the next World Cup early as we're unbeaten in the qualifiers. Sitting in the world rankings at 17th, high as feck. Our physio is some cute wifey from Motherwell, that's relevant somehow. East Fife got relegated the season I fecked off even though I left them in FIFTH.

HOPE YOU FECKING SINK INTO THE AMATEUR LEAGUES, YOU BUNCH OF FANNIES.

K Stand Knut

feck East Fife. Sitting nicely in the SPL's 5th spot, hammered Rangers 1-0 last match, and the fans start saying they want me out because we're not competing for the title. Erm, feckfaces; you were a third tier side before I got you back to back promotions, a comfy 9th spot in our first Premier League season, and now we're competing for a place in Europe despite having the financial budget of your collective dole checks. So feck ye's, ahm aff.

Scotland manager moved to Rangers. Vacancy. Took a punt. Now managing Scotland. Qualified for the next World Cup early as we're unbeaten in the qualifiers. Sitting in the world rankings at 17th, high as feck. Our physio is some cute wifey from Motherwell, that's relevant somehow. East Fife got relegated the season I fecked off even though I left them in FIFTH.

Best thing I’ve read

Maluco

:lol: This made me legit laugh out loud.

sebsheep

Mr Pigeon managing East Fife would definitely be a YouTube series worth watching.

Lay

Why the feck were they expecting a title challenge? Surely that's a bug

MattofManchester

SI are working on fixing the inside forward position which has made some of the best players in the game redundant currently.

It was probably overpowered on Fm21, a lot of my inside forwards would dribble from the half way line and score. This version, they rarely dribble or even cut inside. They’re just back post poachers at the moment
That usually means the fix comes in FM23.

But is that necessarily true? I had major issues with IF roles in FM21 as they weren't influencing the game enough. The back post poaching is exactly how I'd describe them in FM21, especially since dribbling was broken as well.
Converted to IW and suddenly whoever played there completely came to life.

Are there any other noticeable differences yet between the ME? I haven't made the switch yet as I'm not sure I want to.

sebsheep

Why the feck were they expecting a title challenge? Surely that's a bug
Word on the streets of Fife is that ever since he got there he's been walking around town with his chest puffed out like he owns the place, loudly exclaiming that he's going to take East Fife to the Scottish Premier League title. It's no wonder expectations were so high.
The fact of the matter is he destroyed the morale of the team so much that even a new manager was unable to help the players and they got relegated.

Lay

That usually means the fix comes in FM23.

But is that necessarily true? I had major issues with IF roles in FM21 as they weren't influencing the game enough. The back post poaching is exactly how I'd describe them in FM21, especially since dribbling was broken as well.
Converted to IW and suddenly whoever played there completely came to life.

Are there any other noticeable differences yet between the ME? I haven't made the switch yet as I'm not sure I want to.
My main goal scorers in FM21 were inside forwards who could dribble from inside their own half so I didn’t have an issue with them.

This year I find them almost game breaking because they’re so useless and it means I don’t play with wingers as they’re not doing what I want them to do. I’m finding the ME frustrating this year as a whole though. Im trying to limit crossing so I can score other types of goals.

But my top assist player is my corner taker, he’s got 18 assists from corners this season with the default set piece settings :lol:

NoLogo

Brilliant. :lol:

Hope they crash and burn.

NoLogo

While we were at the topic of injuries always piling up on one position. My second season with Barca I had 5 injuries so far. First my left first choice left WB gets injured for 3-6 weeks. Just one game later, the second left WB gets injured for 2 months. While my first choice striker also picked up a 5 week injury the game had the next injury crisis position already lined up, right WB this time was were the game felt it should hit me in the guts. Sure enough, again within 2 games both my right WB were injured for 4 weeks and for 2-3 months. Just brilliant. The laughable part is even, that the WBs were probably the best rotated position in my squad since pretty much all 4 players on those positions are around the same strength.

K Stand Knut

I restarted my game because I wasn’t sure what effect adding and removing leagues would have and I was only about a month in to the game.

ended up loading all the Scandi leagues, Belgium and few Eastern Bloc countrie

Got the Kokkolan Pallo-Veikot (KPV) job with 3 games of the season left.

My players seemed ecstatic to just not want to finish bottom of the league

sebsheep

Aaaand the next injury streak, 1st and 2nd choice GK injured. And yes, the only players currently injured. This game is such a joke. :lol:
Have you tried bubble-wrapping your players before hitting continue?

Maluco

I just started and got the job at Curzon Ashton 3 weeks into the save. I am having a really hard time bringing in players.

I have given trials to hundreds but anyone I go in for is immediately swiped away by a better team.

The board agreed to look for a link with a club and then cancelled it when they couldn’t find any.

Season is now getting close and we have managed a few very average squad players in and are still short at CB, RB and for attacking midfielders/wide players with a small slither of the budget left and no free loans to get in.

It could end up being a very painful season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gutted, I almost did an unbeaten first season in the league with Rosenborg but we lost against Valarenga in one of those “you just got Fm’ed” games. Had 3 xG to their 0.4 xG and lost 2-1. Regardless of that we finished with 27 wins, 2 draws and a loss. Obliterated the league. Bodo/Glimt were probably the only games we struggled in and the rest were too easy. I’m tempted to stick around for the CL but I’ll get bored easy if I’m winning like this so early in a supposed journeyman save. Think I need to leave for the challenge.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Decided to leave and took the Venezia job who are in 18th in Serie A at christmas and thoroughly dogshit. We have 6 keepers in the first team. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Decided to leave and took the Venezia job who are in 18th in Serie A at christmas and thoroughly dogshit. We have 6 keepers in the first team. :lol:
Always seems to be so lopsided. The AI squad building is still terrible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm scraping my way through this season with Feyenoord. Winning almost every game by a single goal. I've only let in 9 goals in 25 games so the defence is doing most of the work for me.

4 points ahead of Ajax with 9 games to go.

sebsheep

I assume you have a great clean sheet record though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Serie A teams always seems to be incredibly unbalanced and bloated. Had to sell off like 10 players right away when I took over Fiorentina just to get it down to about 23 guys.

sebsheep

Made it into the group stages of the Conference League this season, making £2.5m for it. That's 5x what we had in the bank. :drool:
Hopefully we should be able to pick up a few results to get us some more prize money. Group is made up of Young Boys ( I assume even though we both place in Switzerland, Vaduz are actually from Liechtenstein so it's allowed), Maribor and an Albanian team called FK Vllaznia. Pretty decent group I think.
Something weird is definitely happening though, after 6 leagues we're top with 16 points. We even smashed the current champions Basel 5-0 away from home.

Board are really annoyed that I'm not signing Liechtensteiner players, but no good ones have come through from my scouts. They keep blocking other transfers because of it, missed out on about 8 wing back targets in the summer because of it. :rolleyes:

Maluco

Life with Curzon Ashton got off to a troubled start. We didn’t really get any of our first or second choice signings in and the ones we did look distinctly average for the level we are at. We also don’t really have anything outside of about 13-14 players so that could be tough in business part of season.

Nevertheless, we are predicted 20th, só anything above that should be a bonus!

We are actually unbeaten in our first 6 games. Very low scoring bar one great performance. We pass it around very well, but something is lacking and it’s potentially the quality of our attacking players, which I can do nothing about!

Is anyone else getting an insane number of disallowed goals? It’s 1-2 per game for me!!

Last edited:

Lay

I get goal line technology a lot. It’s never a goal either.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They only ever seem to do well in the first season, usually win the CL, after that they have always been falling off in my save games where I didn't play in the PL.
I bet them to the title in the first season by a point (97 vs 96), 2nd season they signed Gnabry and got 101 points and beat me to it. They won the CL both seasons. Thumped me in the final in the second season. They are crazy good in mine.

Maluco

I get goal line technology a lot. It’s never a goal either.
Mine are just immediately ruled out. I haven’t had a VAR check yet, but then I don’t know if that’s a thing in 6th tier!

I had three games in a row just there with 5 rules out goals. Something isn’t right.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
SI always have the problem where when they introduce a new feature it becomes overused and annoying. The VAR one is continuing that gimmick.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

:lol: brilliant.

sebsheep

Mine are just immediately ruled out. I haven’t had a VAR check yet, but then I don’t know if that’s a thing in 6th tier!

I had three games in a row just there with 5 rules out goals. Something isn’t right.
Yeah, don't think you get VAR down there.