Gaming Football Manager 2022

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
@Solius I like the idea of jumping between clubs/leagues like you have. What database setup did you use? Sorry if you’ve posted it already.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius I like the idea of jumping between clubs/leagues like you have. What database setup did you use? Sorry if you’ve posted it already.
All good! See below.

Argentina - View Only
Austria - Top Division
Belgium - Top Division
Brazil - View Only
Canada - Top Division
Colombia - View Only
Croatia - Top Division
Czech Republic - Top Division
Denmark - Top Division
England - All divisions up to Vanarama National
France - Ligue 1 & Ligue 2
Germany - Bundesliga & 2. Bundesliga
Holland - Eredivisie & Keuken Kampioen Divisie
Hungary - Top Division
Rep Of Ireland - Top Division
Italy - Serie A & Serie B
Mexico - View Only
Norway - Top Division
Poland - Top Division
Portugal - Liga Portugal Bwin & Liga Portugal 2
Scotland - Prem & Championship
Serbia - Top Division
Spain - La Liga Santander & La Liga Smartbank
Sweden - Top Division
USA - MLS

Small database.

It says my game speed is 2 stars but I'm hoping as I progress and lose the need for the smaller divisions I can speed it up.

Would be nice if there was an option to apply for jobs anywhere in the world and only have the leagues activated as playable once you accept. Then you wouldn't have to bog down your game.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"He has no experience." They said.
"Don't leave your car keys near him." They said.

Well this cnut right here somehow blagged his way into the Milan job!

Unfortunately I promised the board I wouldn't touch the coaching staff and I've got three goalkeeper coaches, three fitness coaches and only one general coach who knows anything about defending. Hopefully my classic "punt it long as feck" tactic that my trophy winning Scotland side works out well here too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That really is a quality save. :lol:
I have never had one like it! But at least it is something different.

GK

10 GK, 8 of which told they would be star players or first choice! Insane. Managed to loan out two, sell one, release one and now have two in the first team and four in the under 19’s on 7,000 a week total!

DEF

All young players who aren’t ready! One CB who is 23, but he is terrible. No full backs under contract.

MID

Again, young players, and two really poor two star plodders. Young players are nowhere near good enough

AM

Finally, two 2 and half star players that can stay in the squad. Both star players and Captain and Vice. No RW.

ST

Just one non contract youngster who was abysmal. Released. No striker under contract.

No exaggeration, we have 30% of the wage bill being used on goalkeepers and we haven’t a single option in about 4 positions. No really good players, even for this level, in the entire squad.

This is now my third job of the save and I have to go for it. I said I would look after the finances but feck that. We are signing every player that might look like something that we can get out hands on. Trials, trails and trails.

Remind me never to start this low again…

Maluco

19 new players in! 19!

The only two players that will participate in the season that were here when we arrived two months ago, are two of the 10 goalkeepers on the books!

After all the fees, we are now 350k in debt but this was an urgent rebuild needed.

We now have 2 average GK, 2 very average full backs, 2 good CBS, 2 good CMs, 3 average players behind 2 good strikers….and enough cover despite having a tight squad.

I am actually pretty proud we have been able to throw something decent together in such a short space of time!

We have Granada as a feeder club now, but no one fancied coming to us this year.

I have also just got my International C license, so hopefully, we can have a good season and finally build up enough rep that Grimsby don’t laugh at the mere idea of me.

We also have the best coaching staff in the division.

We really need to go up now though and I don’t think the team is as good as Oviedo B…:nervous:

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

I was thinking whether to get this game. Reading through some of this thread, it seems very unrealistic though

Maluco

I was thinking whether to get this game. Reading through some of this thread, it seems very unrealistic though
Money can go a bit crazy, but then it does in real life. There are a few glitches ilower divisions and things and sometimes the AÍ can do a number on a squad, but I don’t get this many hours out of any other videogame.

You always get those saves you really love and then you put it away for a while and come back and do it all over again.

It really is great value for the hours you get out of it.

I am complaining but it’s only because I am so into the save/journey!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Money can go a bit crazy, but then it does in real life. There are a few glitches ilower divisions and things and sometimes the AÍ can do a number on a squad, but I don’t get this many hours out of any other videogame.

You always get those saves you really love and then you put it away for a while and come back and do it all over again.

It really is great value for the hours you get out of it.

I am complaining but it’s only because I am so into the save/journey!
I mean more the number of points people are getting, how many goals per game certain players are scoring, etc rather than the money side.

Maluco

I mean more the number of points people are getting, how many goals per game certain players are scoring, etc rather than the money side.
Thats only the very top teams with the best players though.

There are plenty of teams in the game with all sorts of financial, stadium, player and league restrictions.

Like any game their are levels of difficulty. There is so much variation that you will definitely find a game that is right for you.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That Zealand video today was the first time I've become aware of the new scouting region splits.
Club wouldn't let me scout that far last season. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs that guy that Real Madrid bought from Fiorentina in between me quitting Fiorentina and taking over Real Madrid had a clause in his contract that they're raising his wage from 250k per week to 600k per week after 5 international appearances. What the feck. They spend 100m on this mediocre player, and then give him a hidden 600k contract? I'm fecked here :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Update is out.

Changelist 22.2 (including, but not limited to):

Stability and Technical:

- Stability and crash fixes
- Optimisation improvements
- Fix for Macs launching game without correct zoom display settings
- Sound ‘Test’ button fixed within Preferences

Match Engine 21.3.0.0:

- Near post corners made less effective
- Various fixes in different areas to defending teams keeping possession too well and inflating possession stats to unrealistic levels
- Fixed goalkeepers not being marked during attacking set pieces
- Tweaks to throw-ins
- Number of other improvements to overall engine balance

Gameplay:

- Tweaks to the rate of young player development
- Tweaks to the rate of older player decline
- Tweaks to newgen staff generation at game start
- Improved distribution of newgens in inactive nations
- Player knowledge to remain for a longer period of time once player trial finishes
- Logic work to stop players complaining about lack of playing time despite starting nearly every game
- Deadline day experience added for top division in Norway and Denmark
- Improvements to loan demands and negotiations
- Improved logic distribution of preferred formations for AI managers
- More realistic job security pressure for newly appointed international managers
- Fix to board illogically becoming concerned about playing time of new signing
- News item no longer incorrectly states player wants to join club because they’re a bigger club when they’re not a bigger club
- Squad registration fixes
- Fixed issue in Argentina, Romania and Denmark where Club Vision wasn’t being recorded correctly
- Manager morale no longer incorrectly displayed as abysmal
- Positive reaction from an interaction now always shown correctly
- Fantasy Draft improvements to initial budget options, how continue waiting is displayed and auto pick
- Number of other improvements and fixes

Competitions and Rulegroups*:

- Croatian Second Division number of matches correct from 2022/23 onwards
- Fix for Turkish Newgens now appearing as HG players for registrations
- Using auto select no longer incorrectly counts as new registration changes in China
- Canadian team qualification added for 2024+ NACL
- Canadian team qualification added for NAL
- MLS DP and YDP rules now assigned correctly
- Number of other fixes, updated rules and scheduling changes across numerous nations/leagues

Art & Animation:

- Fixed multiple issues with players sliding/teleporting during animations in the 3D Match Engine
- Fixed player names not always appearing in the 2D Match Engine
- Multiple kit clashing issues fixed
- Multiple 3D background environment fixes, including team boardrooms and kits/badges
- Improvements to how hairstyles and eyebrows are chosen for newgens

UIUX:

- Fixed issue where action buttons on Scouting Meeting Inbox items would overlap or be cut off on some resolutions
- Fixed issue where scrolling the Player Search list with keyboard arrow buttons would cause the highlighted item to reset to the top of the list.
- Fixed issue where dugout notifications regarding substitutions were not showing player shirts
- Fixed issue that caused the player transfer values to be difficult to read on some screens
- Fixed issue in Data Hub where analysis pop-ups would close unexpectedly when highlighting certain items
- Fixed issue in Set Piece creator where the instruction marker would obscure the player position
- Fixed issue in Staff Search where the Realistic Hire checkboxes would sometimes not function
- Fixed issue where resizing a custom column containing a player's transfer value could make the value unreadable.
- Fixed issue where training individual panel would reset to the top of the list after selecting a player
- Fixed issue where team stats view on touchline tablet would reset between matches
- Added a counter to show remaining entries in a scouting update
- Resolved errors in displaying numerical units in Korean currency
- Opposition shirt icons now appear consistently after a substitution
- Cut off on Club Info > Profile now has a scrollbar
- Loan Match Report now shows the Monthly Fee instead of ‘valued at £0’
- Morale icon no longer showing for non-players
- Number of other improvements and fixes

Pre Game Editor

- Start dates now appearing for basic rules files made with Pre-Game Editor
- Unassigned created players now appearing in edited databases
- Fixed ability to add lower division cups and divisions in certain nations
- Number of other editor specific improvements and fixes

sebsheep

Don't think that changes too much for me, depending on the other match engine fixes.

NoLogo

Don't think that changes too much for me, depending on the other match engine fixes.
Well just glad they fixed the stupid near corner exploit. Will certainly lessen the effectiveness of my tactic but hey I'm actually glad because this way I'm not tempted to cheese it. Yeah I know I'm so weak willed but damn I can't resist a good exploit tactic. Just like strikerless last year, and yes I'm a bit ashamed of myself. :lol:

sebsheep

Well just glad they fixed the stupid near corner exploit. Will certainly lessen the effectiveness of my tactic but hey I'm actually glad because this way I'm not tempted to cheese it. Yeah I know I'm so weak willed but damn I can't resist a good exploit tactic. Just like strikerless last year, and yes I'm a bit ashamed of myself. :lol:
They'll probably still be pretty strong like they were last year. I just use mixed corners now and move a few players about from the default, still end up with 9-10 goals from corners over a season.

bosnian_red

I dont think I've ever went in the set piece editor and tried to change anything. Always pretty much left all the set pieces as standard because I didn't want to look up any exploits, but also couldn't be arsed making a setup myself (as you'd have to run it for so long to see if it works or not).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lautaro Martinez is ridiculously good. 24 goals in 18 league games for me so far. Absolute joke and firing me to the title.

sebsheep

I dont think I've ever went in the set piece editor and tried to change anything. Always pretty much left all the set pieces as standard because I didn't want to look up any exploits, but also couldn't be arsed making a setup myself (as you'd have to run it for so long to see if it works or not).
Never really wanted my 5ft7 left back up for corners tbh. :lol:
I'd say setting up defending set-pieces is pretty important though.

NoLogo

Ffs that guy that Real Madrid bought from Fiorentina in between me quitting Fiorentina and taking over Real Madrid had a clause in his contract that they're raising his wage from 250k per week to 600k per week after 5 international appearances. What the feck. They spend 100m on this mediocre player, and then give him a hidden 600k contract? I'm fecked here :lol:
Had the same problem in my Barca save. Spain is crazy. Lenglet, still 3 years on contract, wants a new one. Demands 500k pw and to be a star player. My reaction:

What is this guy smoking? :lol: Got immediately transfer listed.

bosnian_red

Had the same problem in my Barca save. Spain is crazy. Lenglet, still 3 years on contract, wants a new one. Demands 500k pw and to be a star player. My reaction:

What is this guy smoking? :lol: Got immediately transfer listed.
The thing is that everyone below starter level (in contract) is paid pretty much less than 100k. And then suddenly every starter/important player demands 300k, star players demand 500k. And then this guy who wasn't even a starter for me in Fiorentina ahead of Calvin Stengs is about to get 600k a week after a 100m transfer. Genuinely confused but won't be able to sell him at all after his next international where he gets bumped up. If i didnt feel like it would ruin my save I'd be tempted to add a manager to take over Italy, make sure he doesn't get called up in November and then sell him off in January while he's only on 250k :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The thing is that everyone below starter level (in contract) is paid pretty much less than 100k. And then suddenly every starter/important player demands 300k, star players demand 500k. And then this guy who wasn't even a starter for me in Fiorentina ahead of Calvin Stengs is about to get 600k a week after a 100m transfer. Genuinely confused but won't be able to sell him at all after his next international where he gets bumped up. If i didnt feel like it would ruin my save I'd be tempted to add a manager to take over Italy, make sure he doesn't get called up in November and then sell him off in January while he's only on 250k :lol:
this is something they’ve never fixed and it pisses me off. Players randomly want 200k just because the best players are even though they are nowhere near that level.

sebsheep

I think the update has just broken my strikers. :nervous:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't know if it is just Martinez or all strikers but the pass ball into space combined with a striker that chips the ball over the keeper is broken.

Lay

I don't know if it is just Martinez or all strikers but the pass ball into space combined with a striker that chips the ball over the keeper is broken.
that’s half of my goals

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
this is something they’ve never fixed and it pisses me off. Players randomly want 200k just because the best players are even though they are nowhere near that level.
Well.. This happens in real life as well right? Players tend to overestimate themselves and/or want to get the most out of it.. They arent looking for the reasonable deal...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well.. This happens in real life as well right? Players tend to overestimate themselves and/or want to get the most out of it.. They arent looking for the reasonable deal...
A whole squad of players wanting 200k?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
51 goals by Martinez, my word. :houllier: :D

Also nice to see that Rome is becoming a place where United can ship off their unwanted players, 22 goals from Martial though, not too shabby.
Yeah, I think I have figured out how to exploit the game now which sucks because now it's hard to not do it.

diarm

We've scored 5 goals in our first 3 games of the season. My new wonderkid CB has scored 4 of them, all at the near post, all from corners. The 5th was a rebound after he hit the bar.

I don't think this new patch has come into effect for us yet.

NoLogo

We've scored 5 goals in our first 3 games of the season. My new wonderkid CB has scored 4 of them, all at the near post, all from corners. The 5th was a rebound after he hit the bar.

I don't think this new patch has come into effect for us yet.
If you check under game status you can see what match engine version you are currently playing on. If it's 22.3.00 it's the new one.

I have a feeling though the patch didn't really fix it, maybe they fixed the GK not being marked but yeah I still think there are a lot of goals coming from near post corners. I sometimes get the feeling that SI doesn't quite know how to fix bugs in their own match engine either. Maybe it's due to it being very old and ever change is having a lot of unwanted side effects so they can't tweak it too much or other stuff will break, whatever it is I feel it's not the first time they said they were going to fix stuff and it didn't really do anything. I remember the one of the ME guys talking about how they made attacking mentality and pressing less effective, it's complete hogwash, attacking mentality and counter pressing still works amazingly well.

bosnian_red

January 2026 with Madrid now... its a bit annoying. Every single "good" player us pretty much 200m and 500k per week. I can't buy anyone unless they are mid table quality. I don't know if this is just a January window thing, but it feels impossible to buy anyone of sufficient quality, even with Real Madrid. Resorting to loans of old guys like a 33 year old Raphael Guerreiro to provide depth after I cleared Alaba and Casemiro off the wage bill. Genuinely won't know where to look next if the summer window is the same. It's always fun using a smaller club as you build through the cheap gems... but it seems to be impossible to go any other route anyway even if you have a big club.

NoLogo

January 2026 with Madrid now... its a bit annoying. Every single "good" player us pretty much 200m and 500k per week. I can't buy anyone unless they are mid table quality. I don't know if this is just a January window thing, but it feels impossible to buy anyone of sufficient quality, even with Real Madrid. Resorting to loans of old guys like a 33 year old Raphael Guerreiro to provide depth after I cleared Alaba and Casemiro off the wage bill. Genuinely won't know where to look next if the summer window is the same. It's always fun using a smaller club as you build through the cheap gems... but it seems to be impossible to go any other route anyway even if you have a big club.
I think SI made buying in January much harder by introducing this "not prepared to sell in January" thing, which made prices during that window explode.

Nickosaur

Starting the second season with United. Cavani won't accept a one year extension, so can be signed for free, but he keeps rejecting all other approaches from Italian clubs :lol:

So I'm keeping him around, but fully aware that he will eventually go. So I managed to get Vlahovic on loan (!) with an option to buy at end of season for £53m. Surprised Fiorentina accepted, it was on deadline day and the game suggested I try a loan as a move wouldn't pass through in time before the deadline. If he does well, I'll pull the trigger, if not I might look to Lautaro Martinez or maybe someone like Sesko who seems rated very highly. Or Ronaldo might be fit enough to go another season, we'll see. PSG got Haaland and Bayern got Mbappe.

I also bought Adeyemi from Salzburg but I see him as a rotation option on the right wing for Greenwood (who btw is just unreal in this game).

Plus Madrid came in with £60m for Telles which I couldn't turn down. Managed to get Alphonso Davies from Bayern for around £50m in installments.

Lastly I got Gvardiol from Leipzig. Release clause was £68m, so quite steep, but I wanted a pacy CB to replace Maguire and his attributes look good. Plus all the other clubs with CBs I targeted gave very unrealistic demands of 100m+.

Team looks like:

--------------------DDG-----------------------
AWB - Varane - Gvardiol - Davies
------------------Kessie----------------------
---------Fernandes----Pogba----------
Greenwood---------------------Sancho
-------------------Ronaldo-----------------

Flying_Heckfish

Playing as Derby. First FM I have played properly for a couple of years.

1. First season - admins sell and loan players from me above my head, then the board complain about the bad deals as if they are my fault! Obviously I can't sign anyone. The club gets bought out the day after the window closed. No debt, but no sugar-daddy either. Finished safe of relegation. 5-3-2 formation, utilising wingbacks heavily.
  2. Second season - finished 2nd after sitting just outside the playoffs most of the season. Shoretire, Joelinton and Buongiorno signed on loan, along with a few freebies. Loads of players released on frees as I couldn't agree new deals with them. Formation tweaked to use wide centre-backs and a bit more positivity.
  3. Third season - currently midtable, 5th round FA cup. Shoretire and Buongiorno return on loan. Signed last seasons' championship top-scorer, but he is not handling the step up. Got Garner in for cheap and a few others. Cash is positive and I am able to restructure the backroom staff.
Overall, finding it quite good (if a little easier than expected) although I am so frustrated with my team repeatadly conceding goals early, as well as the issues up front. I haven't spent big yet, if I stay up I will try and bring in a proper PL CB and ST next season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Won La Liga with Atletico. Lost out in the CL last 16 and also the final of the Copa Del Rey though.

I'm happy to stay another season but also on the lookout for another club again. I think I'm at the financially poorest 5 star team and now I'm well traveled I will happily move to the Prem and try to build a dynasty. I've enjoyed journeymanning but it's sad when I build a good squad and then immediately leave it. I might try and stay at a club for 5-6 years and then perhaps start moving around again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Won La Liga with Atletico. Lost out in the CL last 16 and also the final of the Copa Del Rey though.

I'm happy to stay another season but also on the lookout for another club again. I think I'm at the financially poorest 5 star team and now I'm well traveled I will happily move to the Prem and try to build a dynasty. I've enjoyed journeymanning but it's sad when I build a good squad and then immediately leave it. I might try and stay at a club for 5-6 years and then perhaps start moving around again.
It pains me in my save when I overperform with a team and then I see them struggling in the next season and they dismantle my squad. :lol: