Gaming Football Manager 2022

Dave_MUFC

Not sure if a lot of the youngsters stats are randomised, but anyone else a bit dissapointed with the United kids potentials?

Aside from Hannibal and Shoretire, players like Hugill, Fernández, and especially Amad/Pellestri, really seem to have been done dirty with their ratings.

Robbie Boy

Starterd with Newcastle but only had time to give it a short spin last night. Currently have contracts offered to Llorente (Leeds), Trippier, Izak, Raphinha and Zakaria. I'm enjoying the new 'price range' for players, and bidding for players overall seems more reasonable.

The one bug I noticed was: when searching for a player you click on the role (striker etc), then go to preferred position and the dropdown list is for every role, from keeper to striker! It's a pain having to scroll through it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Not sure if a lot of the youngsters stats are randomised, but anyone else a bit dissapointed with the United kids potentials?

Aside from Hannibal and Shoretire, players like Hugill, Fernández, and especially Amad/Pellestri, really seem to have been done dirty with their ratings.
They always are to a degree, a lot of them have the minus potential range so will be different from game to game.

Woodzy

I have no shame in admitting I’m excited to start a game of this with Newcastle.

Leg-End

I look forward to seeing even more brilliantly out of whack stats of players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only new league is the Latvian league I’ve read. Shame, really would want more African leagues

Dave_MUFC

I really do like the new way of valuing players. Gives a lot more meaning to the value of your youngsters, and also gives you a better idea of what another team would be looking for, for theirs, rather than everyone being ~£100k, and the teams rejecting £5m bids.

Wahid Faghir at Stuttgart looks like a real wonderkid this year.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm really excited about the changes they've made to the draft mode. It's actually my favourite mode as it's relatively short and turns every game into a fantasy football mode.

I used to play with some mates and we'd do barmy shit like only picking players between certain heights, or with names beginning with certain letters.

They've made lots of improvements to natively add this feature and we've already decided on doing our first draft of players above the age of 35.

The slider will now allow you much more freedom, going to much lower values than previously existed but also higher, while we’ve added more budget options in the middle range too. And, of course, you will now see the ability to tick the option to have no budget limit whatsoever if you want to draft with no restrictions at all.

Lastly on the main draft setup screen, you will find a new button in the Advanced Settings panel, allowing you to choose if you want VAR to be active in your Fantasy Draft, as well as selecting the number of yellow cards a player will need to receive before they get a suspension for their next game.

Player Selection Restrictions

A popular feature request from our community has been to allow more customisation of the rules around drafting players. Many of you will have taken part in drafts where you agree on specific rules to pick your players – such as only drafting players under the age of 23 or players from certain nations. Now, in FM22, these rules can be incorporated into the draft as the host is able to customise the draft pool to include such restrictions.

This new menu will allow you to create restrictions for the entire draft using filters like Nationality, Value, Best Foot, League, Height, Position and of course, Age. You can also combine these to create a bespoke draft criteria to suit you. There’s also an And/Or option that you can use to add more options to the draft pool. The game will tell you in real time how many players will be available in the draft pool depending on your setup.

There’s a second option to customise your draft pool too as you can tie these restrictions to specific draft rounds. You’re able to set these to every five draft rounds, allowing you to create unique draft scenarios. Let’s say you still want to have a draft consisting of only English and French players. You might want to allow English players to be picked for the first five or ten draft rounds for example, and then allow French players to only be selected in the remaining rounds. Now you’re able to create the draft of your dreams.

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/gameplay-upgrades#DD-Heading-2

Berbaclass

I'm really excited about the changes they've made to the draft mode. It's actually my favourite mode as it's relatively short and turns every game into a fantasy football mode.

I used to play with some mates and we'd do barmy shit like only picking players between certain heights, or with names beginning with certain letters.

They've made lots of improvements to natively add this feature and we've already decided on doing our first draft of players above the age of 35.

The slider will now allow you much more freedom, going to much lower values than previously existed but also higher, while we’ve added more budget options in the middle range too. And, of course, you will now see the ability to tick the option to have no budget limit whatsoever if you want to draft with no restrictions at all.

Lastly on the main draft setup screen, you will find a new button in the Advanced Settings panel, allowing you to choose if you want VAR to be active in your Fantasy Draft, as well as selecting the number of yellow cards a player will need to receive before they get a suspension for their next game.

Player Selection Restrictions

A popular feature request from our community has been to allow more customisation of the rules around drafting players. Many of you will have taken part in drafts where you agree on specific rules to pick your players – such as only drafting players under the age of 23 or players from certain nations. Now, in FM22, these rules can be incorporated into the draft as the host is able to customise the draft pool to include such restrictions.

This new menu will allow you to create restrictions for the entire draft using filters like Nationality, Value, Best Foot, League, Height, Position and of course, Age. You can also combine these to create a bespoke draft criteria to suit you. There’s also an And/Or option that you can use to add more options to the draft pool. The game will tell you in real time how many players will be available in the draft pool depending on your setup.

There’s a second option to customise your draft pool too as you can tie these restrictions to specific draft rounds. You’re able to set these to every five draft rounds, allowing you to create unique draft scenarios. Let’s say you still want to have a draft consisting of only English and French players. You might want to allow English players to be picked for the first five or ten draft rounds for example, and then allow French players to only be selected in the remaining rounds. Now you’re able to create the draft of your dreams.

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/gameplay-upgrades#DD-Heading-2
Yeah I heard Dr Benjy talking about it last night, some really cool stuff.

Berbaclass

Greenwood is absolutely insane, as you'd expect.

I really like the match engine, feel like it's been noticeably improved. The new transfer value system is brilliant. I think the data hub is also brilliant.

Very happy so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone uncover any cheap wonderkids etc. yet?
I kind of don't want to know them this year. Once I know who the go to players are it's hard to not sign them every save. If I try to not sign them then I feel like I'm just weakening myself on purpose.

Robbie Boy

I kind of don't want to know them this year. Once I know who the go to players are it's hard to not sign them every save. If I try to not sign them then I feel like I'm just weakening myself on purpose.
Aye, that's true. I played it totally 'vanilla' last year; I didn't look up any wonderkids, tactics etc. and I enjoyed it a-lot more. The temptation though!

Berbaclass

I'm purposefully not looking too. When I do my long term save I think i'd be cheating a little to know all the good young guys to go after. Not that they'll join me for a long time anyway!

Robbie Boy

Downloaded it last night. Full whack on stream just in case the CDkeys version didn’t for beta on stream. I’m Newcastle :lol:
We're all Newcastle :lol:

First window and have gotten: Pino, Raphinha, Zakaria, Trippier, Izak, Llorente (Leeds) and Bissouma!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We're all Newcastle :lol:

First window and have gotten: Pino, Raphinha, Zakaria, Trippier, Izak, Llorente (Leeds) and Bissouma!
:lol:

I got livakovic, Aarons, Kounde, Badiashile, Wijndal, Cuisance, Vera, Almada, McNeil and Isak with Paul Mitchell as DOF and sold everyone I could apart from StMax, Wilson, Almiron, Lascelles and Lewis. Gutted FC! Got about 40 million for them all :lol: (about a Donny) FFP in the shitter. We were on a major losing streak bedding everyone in hovering around the relegation places for the first 10 games. On a 7 game unbeaten streak now including an away win at Utd and EL/CL is almost a certainty. Hopefully CL. Harder saves to come but it’s always better to start as good teams and see who the very best players are. All the youth players want to come to you etc

Last edited:

Berbaclass

I mean I'm really enjoying the game and I think the improvements are pretty nice so far but the dynamic youth rating is so massive for me anyway it was worth the money for that alone, almost don't care about much else :lol:

Robbie Boy

I mean I'm really enjoying the game and I think the improvements are pretty nice so far but the dynamic youth rating is so massive for me anyway it was worth the money for that alone, almost don't care about much else :lol:
What does that do exactly?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Youth rating is set by country and determines the quality of newgens produced along with club facilities etc, so a club in Brazil will get better newgens through than a club in China with everything else being equal.

That value always used to be set in stone, but this year they've changed it so it adjusts to what's happening in your save. So presumably this time around, if you're winning CL titles with an Israeli team or whatever, and the national team is qualifying for World Cups, the quality of players produced across the country eventually improves too.

Berbaclass

In previous years a nations youth rating has been fixed (Brazil has the best so they produce the best regens) and having a dynamic youth rating makes it so that you can theoretically manage in any nation and raise the rating by being successful and then, in turn, getting better regens as the rating goes up.

I love managing in smaller nations and have done every year, last year I did Austria, Sweden a few years ago and also Belarus. It makes the long-term aspect of the game so much more appealing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Related question... In terms of youth, how is the dynamicism of wonder kids determined this time round? I know everybody loves cheesing the game by getting the best youth prospects but I've always found it a hollow victory in so far as certain players seem to develop into Balon d'or winners regardless of whether you put them in a system that suits their skills/mentals.

I've spoken to friends, for example, who'll sign ridiculous players for lower league clubs without good youth facilities and it seems a little unrealistic that they become absolutely worldies when they clearly aren't in the best clubs to develop their talents.

P.s. This may have been fixed in recent years. I haven't played FM much in the past half decade.

Berbaclass

I really like this little thing. So many times have I scouted someone and later go back and make an offer that is too low because of the age of the scout report. Nice little deature

Robbie Boy

Youth rating is set by country and determines the quality of newgens produced along with club facilities etc, so a club in Brazil will get better newgens through than a club in China with everything else being equal.

That value always used to be set in stone, but this year they've changed it so it adjusts to what's happening in your save. So presumably this time around, if you're winning CL titles with an Israeli team or whatever, and the national team is qualifying for World Cups, the quality of players produced across the country eventually improves too.
In previous years a nations youth rating has been fixed (Brazil has the best so they produce the best regens) and having a dynamic youth rating makes it so that you can theoretically manage in any nation and raise the rating by being successful and then, in turn, getting better regens as the rating goes up.

I love managing in smaller nations and have done every year, last year I did Austria, Sweden a few years ago and also Belarus. It makes the long-term aspect of the game so much more appealing.
Cheers lads, sounds like a great new feature! I'm going to get a few hours run at this tonight, can't wait.

Nickosaur

I'll be downloading this through gamepass so unfortunately can't access the beta. Just have to wait until the 9th, and make do with watching a few beta saves on YouTube.

Newcastle looks absolutely mental :lol: was going to do a United save first, as I focused on Brighton (24 seasons!) in FM20. But having a £200m budget at Newcastle and essentially binning all of their dross does sound tempting... as its a video game I don't need to worry about my conscience?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Surely for realism purposes it shouldn’t give you that money from the takeover til Oct? And the game should start with Bruce as manager.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'll be downloading this through gamepass so unfortunately can't access the beta. Just have to wait until the 9th, and make do with watching a few beta saves on YouTube.

Newcastle looks absolutely mental :lol: was going to do a United save first, as I focused on Brighton (24 seasons!) in FM20. But having a £200m budget at Newcastle and essentially binning all of their dross does sound tempting... as its a video game I don't need to worry about my conscience?
Oh that's right, it is coming to Game pass on Day 1. Forgot about that

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bissouma, Soucek, Raphinha, Konsa, Dest, Lodi, Morelos, and Milenkovic signed, FFP fecked, gold. :drool:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The game feels a bit easy so far. Ronaldo is a complete cheat code - 21 goals in 13 premier league games which isn’t exactly realistic, even for him. Only messing around really as it’s the beta but I hope the full game is more challenging.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The game feels a bit easy so far. Ronaldo is a complete cheat code - 21 goals in 13 premier league games which isn’t exactly realistic, even for him. Only messing around really as it’s the beta but I hope the full game is more challenging.
Read this a lot, that it’s too easy. Hopefully it’s just the beta because fm21 was easy and it ruined long term saves