Gaming Football Manager 2022

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My main GK comes to me wanting to start more games. He's played 10 of 11 PL games and 2 of 3 CL games.

He then complains that he can't trust me because I've broken promises before. Yeah cause the fecking system is broken! Even clicking how I'm sorry and I'll play him doesn't help and he now wants to leave. He's my starting GK, a Newcastle icon who has been here for 5 years, the best keeper in the world and has won 3 straight CLs with us.

Stupid fecking game.
It is frustrating. Another example: I desperately need Demir to sign a new contract for my Feyenoord team as I messed up and let the DoF negotiate it and he put in a 28million release clause. The only problem is that Demir is "concerned the squad is not good enough" so his agent won't even open negotiations. Motherfecker, we have won the league/cup double 4 years straight, been CL finalists the last 2 years and just bossed a group with Liverpool and Bayern in this years CL and I brought in 3 players who are highly rated (on loans, but still). So frustrating.

Zen

Very late to this party and starting a United game to see what it's like, but...

Doesn't seem too hard to get players?

I've got Bellingham, Pedri and Declan Rice in June 2022 for all between 75m-90m. The classic instalments and now seems that Percentage of Profit at 50% sweetens deals substantially. Fofana was a bit tougher, but still, got him accepted for £100m, albeit not finalized. Also won the Mbappe sweepstakes. :lol:

I'll be bored of this tune up game by June 2023 I guess. Man Utd are, again, far too easy to manage, but I'm not sure they are actually overpowered either when look at the stats really, although the game still thinks Ronaldo can do a number on the wings.... not sure on that one.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bétis Update

League

Stormed it again, a 4th La Liga title in 4 and half seasons. The same points total as last year but 114 goals and only 18 against. Lost 3 games this year, but notched a fantastic 34 wins to take the title.

Copa del Rey

I thought this was finally going to be the year we lost this, but we did it again! A comfortable route to the final, before we edged out a tired Real Madrid side in extra time. 4-2 after a Silvio Luiz screamer put us ahead.

Champions League

Comfortably though our group, before smashing Dortmund 7-2 in the last sixteen (the team that wanted me), before comfortably getting past Bayern in the quarter final, 4-2 (the team that didn’t want me.

We got Liverpool in the semifinal. Could we get over our English problem?

The answer is YES! We got a 2-2 draw at Anfield before a fantastic 4-0 home win saw us through. Leipzig in the final, who put out both Manchester sides.

Goalkeeper Maximenko has an orange injury just before the game, but no problem, I had picked up the experienced Remiro as a solid backup in January. Should be fine, right?? The only change to our first eleven…

Game starts, and I realize, Leipzig are very good. They seem to be winning the midfield battle and I don’t really know what to do.

0-1 Leipzig after 11 minutes. I demand more and we respond in kind, Silvio Luiz making it 1-1, and then 2-1 by 18 minutes.

Chance from a corner for Leipzig, goal, it’s 2-2 and Remiro is playing a 6.4. We are getting battered now and I make the decision at half time to bring on Orange Maximenko.

Still getting battered….

59 minutes, penalty Leipzig…which Maximenko saves!!

I go attacking in desperation…

79 minutes, penalty Leipzig… which their star player who is running me ragged….misses!!

The game finishes 2-2 and I am cracking. I can’t believe we are going to lose a final again!

Stay attacking and on come Eke and Gavi…

96 minutes…Silvio Luiz, the best player in the world scores his hat-trick. We are finally going to do this! 3-2 Bétis!

106 minutes…goal Leipzig, absolutely murdering us from set pieces, a goal from a corner and it’s 3-3. Panic sets in…

115 minutes, Rice finds Efe in space moving into the box and he smashes it into the top corner. 4-3 Bétis…

And that is how it finished! Champions of Europe!!

I feel like I was on my way to being FMed, keeper on a 6.4, dodgy pens, set piece goals, players running in mud, but we got there. I absolutely hated that!

My worst experience in FM, horrible, nervous affair, but we did it! Non-League to Legend :houllier:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bétis Update

League

Stormed it again, a 4th La Liga title in 4 and half seasons. The same points total as last year but 114 goals and only 18 against. Lost 3 games this year, but notched a fantastic 34 wins to take the title.

Copa del Rey

I thought this was finally going to be the year we lost this, but we did it again! A comfortable route to the final, before we edged out a tired Real Madrid side in extra time. 4-2 after a Silvio Luiz screamer put us ahead.

Champions League

Comfortably though our group, before smashing Dortmund 7-2 in the last sixteen (the team that wanted me), before comfortably getting past Bayern in the quarter final, 4-2 (the team that didn’t want me.

We got Liverpool in the semifinal. Could we get over our English problem?

The answer is YES! We got a 2-2 draw at Anfield before a fantastic 4-0 home win saw us through. Leipzig in the final, who put out both Manchester sides.

Goalkeeper Maximenko has an orange injury just before the game, but no problem, I had picked up the experienced Remiro as a solid backup in January. Should be fine, right?? The only change to our first eleven…

Game starts, and I realize, Leipzig are very good. They seem to be winning the midfield battle and I don’t really know what to do.

0-1 Leipzig after 11 minutes. I demand more and we respond in kind, Silvio Luiz making it 1-1, and then 2-1 by 18 minutes.

Chance from a corner for Leipzig, goal, it’s 2-2 and Remiro is playing a 6.4. We are getting battered now and I make the decision at half time to bring on Orange Maximenko.

Still getting battered….

59 minutes, penalty Leipzig…which Maximenko saves!!

I go attacking in desperation…

79 minutes, penalty Leipzig… which their star player who is running me ragged….misses!!

The game finishes 2-2 and I am cracking. I can’t believe we are going to lose a final again!

Stay attacking and on come Eke and Gavi…

96 minutes…Silvio Luiz, the best player in the world scores his hat-trick. We are finally going to do this! 3-2 Bétis!

106 minutes…goal Leipzig, absolutely murdering us from set pieces, a goal from a corner and it’s 3-3. Panic sets in…

115 minutes, Rice finds Efe in space moving into the box and he smashes it into the top corner. 4-3 Bétis…

And that is how it finished! Champions of Europe!!

I feel like I was on my way to being FMed, keeper on a 6.4, dodgy pens, set piece goals, players running in mud, but we got there. I absolutely hated that!

My worst experience in FM, horrible, nervous affair, but we did it! Non-League to Legend :houllier:
What a crazy final. :lol:
Congratulations man

Maluco

What a crazy final. :lol:
Congratulations man
Absolutely mental, just decided half way through it that they were just better and went attacking and direct. It was a coin flip, but never sat through a worse game for my nerves in all my time in FM!

I don’t think I could have faced another season if I had lost that :houllier:

Lay

Absolutely mental, just decided half way through it that they were just better and went attacking and direct. It was a coin flip, but never sat through a worse game for my nerves in all my time in FM!

I don’t think I could have faced another season if I had lost that :houllier:
That would have been difficult to get over if you lost that! Congratulations, what's the plan now?

Last edited:

Maluco

That would have been difficult to get over if you lost that! Congratulations, what's the plan now?
I think that’s the save wrapped up. I thought I was going to have to go to a big team to get the CL and “finish” it, but glad I did it where I spent hours and hours building a team and balancing contracts :nervous:

I have the World Cup with England now, so will do that just to wrap it up, and I think that’s that.

New save

a) Russian team
b) Glory Hunter (never seem to get a chance to play with too current players!)
c) Stylish Série C team?

No idea really, nothing jumping out at me, bar Russia for the challenge with the restrictions.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Once in a while you have one of those games that makes this game an absolute joy to play.

My Feyenoord boys came back from an international break and went on a 3 game run of not scoring, including a 4-0 thrashing by City in the first leg of the CL qtr finals. I had a game the Saturday before the Tuesday 2nd leg and normally I would sit my starters as I play a high temp pressing style that requires vigilant rotation. We were playing the 18th place team at home so I knew there were goals in it so I took a chance and started Demir, Arezo and Moukoko to hopefully get them going. Arezo and Moukoko scored in an easy win so I figured I could at least keep it close against City.

And then Arezo went and did this:

fecking buzzing.

Maluco

I think Palermo are in Serie C @Maluco
Palermo is a good one actually! Although I did a long term italian save last year…

I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options now…

A) Glory Hunter

Pro point is you get to play with current top players
Con is you can never stay anywhere or truly build anything.

Potential for some great stories though…

B) Viktoria Berlin

One of worst teams in 3rd Division, but really cool badge and kits and the opportunity to build them into a powerhouse over time appeals.

C) Torpedo Moscow

Again, great kits and badge with lots of challenge in this one and lots of big derby games when you do go up.

It also has the dual challenge of firstly needing to win domestically before tackling Europe.

I don’t know if restrictions would cap the save on what could be achievable. It’s a nice challenge, but might just be frustrating all round.

sebsheep

Palermo is a good one actually! Although I did a long term italian save last year…

A) Glory Hunter

B) Viktoria Berlin

One of worst teams in 3rd Division, but really cool badge and kits and the opportunity to build them into a powerhouse over time appeals.

C) Torpedo Moscow

Again, great kits and badge with lots of challenge in this one and lots of big derby games when you do go up.

It also has the dual challenge of firstly needing to win domestically before tackling Europe.

I don’t know if restrictions would cap the save on what could be achievable. It’s a nice challenge, but might just be frustrating all round.
I don't think the restrictions should stop you from anything in Russia. 8 foreign players is a decent amount if you're playing long enough to get together some of the top Russian talent as well.

Maluco

I don't think the restrictions should stop you from anything in Russia. 8 foreign players is a decent amount if you're playing long enough to get together some of the top Russian talent as well.
I think it might be 8 in the squad, but only 5 on the pitch, if I understood correctly. That’s a lot harder if you don’t get any youth through and have no cash.

sebsheep

I think it might be 8 in the squad, but only 5 on the pitch, if I understood correctly. That’s a lot harder if you don’t get any youth through and have no cash.
You can play all 8, my 1st 11 currently has 7.
The money and youth might take a while, it's not a poor league overall. Not sure about the club you've chosen itself though.

Maluco

You can play all 8, my 1st 11 currently has 7.
The money and youth might take a while, it's not a poor league overall. Not sure about the club you've chosen itself though.
To be honest, I don’t really look at facilities before choosing. I was looking at Viktoria Berlin and Torpedo Moscow as the minnows from big cities with cool kits and badges.

That’s good to hear though that you can play all 8, I wonder if that was an update. I could have sworn it was different at the start. I might have read the rules!

I have never really had much patience with youth, so it might be a good challenge for me to play that part of the game more.

I think you have convinced me!

dinostar77

"Hard mode" on this game has to be playing athletic bilbao. That requires patience and regens to really make progress. Especially as your limited to basque players only.

Maluco

"Hard mode" on this game has to be playing athletic bilbao. That requires patience and regens to really make progress. Especially as your limited to basque players only.
Things like this are always a good challenge, but you are completely open to the games eccentricities.

This year, for example, one thing I’ve noticed is you seem to get punished severely if you don’t have a very good GK. Average doesn’t seem to cut it on this version.

So with how random and inconsistent youth recruitment is, it means that one missing piece can severely limit what is achievable. What if a GK doesn’t come through?

It just feels like a save could come to a grinding halt very easily on that type of save.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Buying Haaland is like playing the game in cheat mode. 2nd season with United. Cleared out Mata, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Lingard etc and brought in Haaland. It's mid October, and he has already got his 15, 20 and 25 League goal bonuses. I know there are more games than normal in that period in the 22/23 season due to the World Cup, but still. It's mental.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Buying Haaland is like playing the game in cheat mode. 2nd season with United. Cleared out Mata, Matic, Fred, Pereira, Lingard etc and brought in Haaland. It's mid October, and he has already got his 15, 20 and 25 League goal bonuses. I know there are more games than normal in that period in the 22/23 season due to the World Cup, but still. It's mental.
Yes, he's far too good. If you don't get at least 30 goals with him you're bad at the game.

Nickosaur

A) Glory Hunter

B) Viktoria Berlin

C) Torpedo Moscow

What did you go for in the end?

I'm currently managing Kuban in the Russian 2nd divison in my journeyman save. There is a limit of 4 foreign players here. Not sure if this increases once you get to the top division?

I'm not hugely enjoying Russia, but that's more down to my circumstances. Kuban are fecked, absolutely riddled by debt, and even though I managed to finish 8th in the league (predicted to finish dead last at 20th!), my situation remains the same and a lot of my better players have left to get wages that i can't afford to pay them.

Torpedo Moscow got promoted last season so I think you'd have more enjoyment with them. Don't seem to have financial issues and probably one of the stronger teams in the division.

Maluco

What did you go for in the end?

I'm currently managing Kuban in the Russian 2nd divison in my journeyman save. There is a limit of 4 foreign players here. Not sure if this increases once you get to the top division?

I'm not hugely enjoying Russia, but that's more down to my circumstances. Kuban are fecked, absolutely riddled by debt, and even though I managed to finish 8th in the league (predicted to finish dead last at 20th!), my situation remains the same and a lot of my better players have left to get wages that i can't afford to pay them.

Torpedo Moscow got promoted last season so I think you'd have more enjoyment with them. Don't seem to have financial issues and probably one of the stronger teams in the division.
I havent started one yet! I have been busy with work stuff and overplayed with the NLTL save! :lol:

It’s between Torpedo Moscow and a Glory Hunter now. I think I will try Russia and see how it goes. You get up to 8 foreigners in the first team in the top division.

I think the budgets in the second league mean the quality is low for anyone you could potentially bring in anyway!

sebsheep

We managed to win the league in our 1st season at CSKA, remaining unbeaten as well. Only hit the top after 22 games and Dinamo Moscow seemed to fall apart a bit at that stage.
I did apply for the Zenit job in the summer because they are better off financially and probably have some of the best players in the league. Feckers turned me down though. :nono:

Lay

Hertha Berlin Update:

Third season with them and it basically went the same as the others:

League position: 2nd (Bayern won it)
DFB - Pokal - won it third time in a row - which also are the only 3 cups the club has won
UCL - Last 16.

I resigned after the season ended, I don't think I can take the club much further, I peter out towards the end of the season. Ex champions Dusseldorf finished 13th which was fun.

I'm eyeing up the Monaco or Marseille job, I got turned down by Porto by offered an Interview with Real Madrid which I turned down.

DevilsOwn

just started playing this years version earlier today. Was making my custom views and found something interesting.

We can see the Hidden Attribs of a player, including Current and Potential Ability (in numbers!).

Was this their earlier also? Have i missed it in all of the previous versions?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
just started playing this years version earlier today. Was making my custom views and found something interesting.

We can see the Hidden Attribs of a player, including Current and Potential Ability (in numbers!).

Was this their earlier also? Have i missed it in all of the previous versions?
pretty sure that is only accessible with the in game editor.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm still playing FM21 on and off (only upgrade every four years) - why can I never loan players out? Loan listing does nothing, development list with loan manager does nothing. Asking for feck all wages does nothing. What gives? Feeders seem to be the only option.

Nickosaur

My direct counter attack tactic wasn't working very well in my second season with Kuban. Got smashed 4-1 and 3-0 in first two games of the season.

Got a bit frustrated and decided to try a vertical tiki-taka but with overlapping wingbacks and moved from 3 CBs to 2. So far it's gone really well, despite the quality of my squad not really being good enough for a more intense passing tactic. Left open at the back fairly often but creating so much more, and makes use of the two strikers I signed for free in the summer.

Tactic also got me through to the next round of the Russian Cup, hoping a good cup run can boost the club's non-existent finances...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We are struggling a bit in the PL. 21 games in and we are in 15th, 7 points above the relegation zone. 7th is 9 points above us so we are doing okay but we are getting obliterated by the top sides. We definitely aren't ready for this level but I knew that. Hopefully some of the kids i bought will settle in this season and with a couple of strong additions in the summer we can solidify mid table, assuming we don't get relegated!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The FIFA World Club Cup thing is madness. It's during an international break so I have 11 first teamers out. It is before my youth teams report back, so I have no reserve or you players. This leads to having only 8 players available plus the random grey players. After the first game half my remaining players have Rst tags. Has anyone figured out a way to deal with this? At this rate I am going to enter the season with a quarter of my first team shattered.

Edit.
- good news: I had to start my backup GK at striker. He scored.
- bad news: 2 players went down with injuries

Edit 2:

For the qtr Final against Bayern (whose squad is so big they have 20 available players even with all the internationals and youth/reserve players out)

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished 10th first season in the PL so of course my players were heavily offended by me saying we would avoid relegation next season.

United decided to rehire Ole. :lol:

Lay

Ole can’t get sacked on my save it seems. It’s 2032 and he’s still there, finished 7th last season

Maluco

Torpedo Moscow

I finally got a proper look at this and it’s a job alright. The first team is absolutely full of 31/32+ players that have all recently signed new deals and don’t want to leave. They also seem to have seniority and get upset at the mere mention of being offered out.

The best player and captain is 38 years old and on a massive wage for this level. Tried to offer him out and whole squad now have their backs up. It’s going to take a change of tact.

What is the plan?

My usual objective is to get in young players (that have the potential to grow into players for the next tier) and bolster the squad with loans where necessary, but that is not going to be possible this time around for three reasons…

1) We don’t have any money
2) No one wants to leave and there are no bids
3) Only 4 foreigners, so very restricted on who we can bring in!

So the new plan is to demote the two poor foreigners we have here to the B team and use those 4 spaces for starters that will make a difference and get us up into the next league. That is officially the only objective!

Our 4 foreigners are…

- Olufunwa - a promising 19 year old right back on loan from Southampton
- Gunduz - a decent 27 year old Turkish winger on a free
- Chiaretti - a 33 year old Brazilian playmaker with good stats for this division on a free
- Cicero - a 37 year old (yes, I know) Brazilian midfielder who could easily be playing in the Russian Premier

The idea is that these lads will help us get up, but will then vacate those precious foreigner places for next season.

We were also able to bring in some Russians…

- Tigiev - a decent left back on a free transfer that allowed us to free a foreigner space
- Petrunin and Mironov - two young centre backs that Spartak allowed to come to us for £0 with a sell on clause. Nothing special, but have potential to be just as good as what we have and are a decade younger!
- Tuylavin - a CF on loan from Dínamo that I think will be the difference this season. We had no one reliable to play up front and this youngster has bags of potential, so delighted to get him for the season! A real surprise to get him for no fee. There were no other loan options even close to his value on the list!

No real outs to speak of, so we have a massive squad and we will just have to wait out some of those contracts and use these players experience where we can! We might have a few complaining and wanting out over the course of the season, which would be ideal if they decide to leave quietly.

The starting teams ages are 34, 19, 32, 31, 26, 34, 37, 27, 33, 38, 19 with e bench full of 32+. Lets see if the golden oldies can get us to the Russian Premier League!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Decided to call it a day! In March 2035 I announced I was resigning as Newcastle manager at the end of the season and retiring from football altogether. It took way longer than I've ever played before but I gradually lost interest and didn't want to start again with another team.

My Career:

Helmond Sport
2021 - 2023

Keuken Kampioen Division: 2023

FK Partizan
2023 - 2025

Cup Srbjie: 2024
Linglong Superliga: 2024 & 2025

Feyenoord
2025 - 2026

Johan Cruijff Schaal: 2025
Eredivisie: 2026
TOTO KNVB Beker: 2026

Porto
2026 - 2027

Allianz Cup: 2027
Liga Portugal Bwin: 2027 - Invincible season
Europa Conference League: 2027
Taca Del Portugal Placard: 2027

Atletico Madrid
2027 - 2029

Supercopa De Espana: 2028
La Liga: 2028 & 2029
Copa Del Rey: 2029

England
2028 - 2032

UEFA Nations League: 2029, 2031
World Cup: 2030
Euros: 2032

Newcastle
2029 - 2035

Premier League: 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034 (invincible season), 2035
Champions League: 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035
FA Cup: 2032, 2034, 2035
Carbao Cup: 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035
Community Shield: 2032, 2033, 2034
Super Cup: 2032, 2033, 2034
Club World Cup: 2033

------------------------------------------------------

Personal Awards

Keuken Kampioen Manager of The Year x 1
Serbian Superliga Manager of The Year x 2
Eredivisie Managers Manager of The Year x 1
Portugese Premier League Manager of The Year x 1
La Liga Manager of The Year x 2
Premier League Manager of The Year x 5

Stats

Matches: 805
Wins: 629
Draws: 99
Losses: 77

Goals: 2016
Goals Against: 552
Win Percentage: 78%

Players Bought: 91
Value: £1.65B
Players Sold: 165
Value: £1.71B

Cups: 31
Leagues: 12
Awards: 53

Total Career Earnings: £75m

Hall of Fame GOAT with 5482 points.

-----------------------------------------

It was a really enjoyable save. Starting out with no credentials at all and progressing my career in multiple countries until becoming the best manager of all time with a ridiculously good team. We went on a 142 match unbeaten run at one point and went 88 unbeaten in the PL. Always hard to keep interest at that point.

Think I'm done with the game now though. The promises system is absolutely atrocious and is game-breaking at times. Couple that with Miles shitty attitude to fixing things and the lack of real changes in the last few years and I'm happy to leave it there. I feel like I've done everything I wanted to do on FM now and don't think I'll buy another edition for a while.

Maluco

Decided to call it a day! In March 2035 I announced I was resigning as Newcastle manager at the end of the season and retiring from football altogether. It took way longer than I've ever played before but I gradually lost interest and didn't want to start again with another team.

My Career:

Helmond Sport
2021 - 2023

Keuken Kampioen Division: 2023

FK Partizan
2023 - 2025

Cup Srbjie: 2024
Linglong Superliga: 2024 & 2025

Feyenoord
2025 - 2026

Johan Cruijff Schaal: 2025
Eredivisie: 2026
TOTO KNVB Beker: 2026

Porto
2026 - 2027

Allianz Cup: 2027
Liga Portugal Bwin: 2027 - Invincible season
Europa Conference League: 2027
Taca Del Portugal Placard: 2027

Atletico Madrid
2027 - 2029

Supercopa De Espana: 2028
La Liga: 2028 & 2029
Copa Del Rey: 2029

England
2028 - 2032

UEFA Nations League: 2029, 2031
World Cup: 2030
Euros: 2032

Newcastle
2029 - 2035

Premier League: 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034 (invincible season), 2035
Champions League: 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035
FA Cup: 2032, 2034, 2035
Carbao Cup: 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035
Community Shield: 2032, 2033, 2034
Super Cup: 2032, 2033, 2034
Club World Cup: 2033

Personal Awards

Keuken Kampioen Manager of The Year x 1
Serbian Superliga Manager of The Year x 2
Eredivisie Managers Manager of The Year x 1
Portugese Premier League Manager of The Year x 1
La Liga Manager of The Year x 2
Premier League Manager of The Year x 5

Stats

Matches: 805
Wins: 629
Draws: 99
Losses: 77

Goals: 2016
Goals Against: 552
Win Percentage: 78%

Players Bought: 91
Value: £1.65B
Players Sold: 165
Value: £1.71B

Cups: 31
Leagues: 12
Awards: 53

Total Career Earnings: £75m

Hall of Fame GOAT with 5482 points.

-----------------------------------------

It was a really enjoyable save. Starting out with no credentials at all and progressing my career in multiple countries until becoming the best manager of all time with a ridiculously good team. We went on a 142 match unbeaten run at one point and went 88 unbeaten in the PL. Always hard to keep interest at that point.

Think I'm done with the game now though. The promises system is absolutely atrocious and is game-breaking at times. Couple that with Miles shitty attitude to fixing things and the lack of real changes in the last few years and I'm happy to leave it there. I feel like I've done everything I wanted to do on FM now and don't think I'll buy another edition for a while.
Thats a fantastic save. The consistency in the CL at the end is scary. I was starting to get there with Spurs on the last version, and you’re right, once you get there, it feels like you have peaked.

You will be back though! You need a save with restrictions now and see how far you can go! We all come crawling back :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
After finishing 10th in our first PL season we missed out on Europe in our second by 3 points, finishing 8th. We are making good progress. Our new stadium has just been built and we have made our biggest signing yet, Nusa, to be our new LW. In other transfer news we have let Nathaniel Chalobah leave and brought in Trevoh to replace him. We have a mix of wonderkids and solid, but not top quality players that are mixing well, but they’ll need to be upgraded soon if we make it to European football at some stage. Definitely enjoying the Mezalla role on this save. :drool:

Maluco

After finishing 10th in our first PL season we missed out on Europe in our second by 3 points, finishing 8th. We are making good progress. Our new stadium has just been built and we have made our biggest signing yet, Nusa, to be our new LW. In other transfer news we have let Nathaniel Chalobah leave and brought in Trevoh to replace him. We have a mix of wonderkids and solid, but not top quality players that are mixing well, but they’ll need to be upgraded soon if we make it to European football at some stage. Definitely enjoying the Mezalla role on this save. :drool:
It’s crazy how quickly you have advanced them. What are budgets like this early on? I presume you have the smallest wage budget by a massive margin?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finally won the CL with Fiorentina, 31/32 season. 3rd time for me winning it after winning it with Real Madrid and Wolves previously. Also went unbeaten for the first time, drew 4 games in the league but even then I rotated pretty much 50% of the time. Top of serie A has some strong teams but past that, can play my full 2nd lineup and I'll win most times. Almost had a goal differential of +100 too. Only conceded about 10 goals. My team is pretty much the perfect squad mix for my tactics though. 2 absolute world class centerbacks who are all around beasts and quick, solid full backs with wonderkids as rotation options. Camavinga DM. One of the top 5 players in the world as my attacking mid who is also a beast physically. Moukoko a great forward and the rest of the attacking line just supports him well. Szoboszlai my versatile captain who I brought in on my first spell and has stuck around, attributes are meh but he always just performs brilliantly and gets 20 assists a season as a DLP so I keep him in. New stadium being built as well now.

Like Solius ill probably get pretty bored of it from here, but the goal still was to stick around Fiorentina until United becomes available. Roger Schmidt doing well there so feels unlikely.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s crazy how quickly you have advanced them. What are budgets like this early on? I presume you have the smallest wage budget by a massive margin?
We are still only spending around 800k per annum. We arrived in the PL on about 400k so it’s doubled by our third PL season but the PL tv money is ridiculous. I think we were getting 3m in the a championship and it jumps up to 90m in the PL.