Gaming Football Manager 2022

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arsenal are so annoying. They have loads of the best youngsters in the game but let them rot in favour of playing 30+ year olds so ruin them and they seem to always be 1st or 2nd in the league in my saves. They also just destroyed me 6-1, within 16 minutes it was 4-0. In 10 PL games this year they've scored 5 or more goals. They've won 4 of the last 8 Fa Cups, and 3 of the last League Cups. Only 1 of the last 5 PL titles but they're far too good compared to what they actually are.

Thankfully we beat them in this years Carabao Cup for our first major trophy! 4-3 in the end. We were 4-1 up until the 87th minute where we shat it and almost let it slip. :nervous:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think I need to take a bit of a break from this. I will probably revisit it when the new update comes out but until then I need to switch off. It's got a bit boring despite unfinished business in the Hamlet save. We finished 3rd which was excellent but I feel like we can make a real challenge next season with the right signings which doesn't feel right. We only missed out on the title by 5 points and we have a squad which is only really capable of mid-table.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just broke my transfer record to get this guy from Rosenborg. He's so balanced for such a young player and I am desperate for good young Norweigans!

Nickosaur

Left 'penniless' Kuban at the end of the second season. Finished 10th this time, 2 places worse than last season, but again we were predicted to finish last, lost 2x star players who I couldn't afford to keep on, and the board gave no more money. So it was a shit situation and my reputation hasn't really increased much (now at 1.5 stars). Plus side is my manager is now fluent in Russian :lol:

Don't really care where I go next, but ideally somewhere which has better finances. I've played saves where the club is poor/in a bad state, but never as bad as that. We were literally hemorrhaging money every month on debt interest. Even keeping under the wage bill and cutting down staff, youth and recruitment levels was not enough.

The Dulwich Hamlet job has come up, could be quite fun as I've actually watched a game there and got a few mates who live in the area.

MattofManchester

Currently have my United save at a grinding halt. Not sure whether to start afresh with certain omittals or just keep going.

Honestly, I may just never play FM again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m just waiting the update. The ME frustrates me a lot, more than any other that I can remember (not as bad as FM13 actually)

phelans shorts

Currently have my United save at a grinding halt. Not sure whether to start afresh with certain omittals or just keep going.

Honestly, I may just never play FM again.
I wasn’t even managing United, but Odd over in Norway. Was having a great time. However I kept drawing United and getting ripped to shreds by yer wan. Not had the drive to open it since.

Probably gonna start from scratch in South America when the update hits

sebsheep

Some more of you lot need to get on board with the pvp idea. :D

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Anyone fancy giving the Fantasy Draft a go? Maybe do a group/cup depending on numbers.
Did you ever get started on this? I'd like to join and already play the mode weekly some with friends. It's great fun but requires all playing at the same time, or else the computer AI takes over. A 10 game season usually takes us about 4-5 hours to finish, including the draft part.

TheReligion

Abusive
Did you ever get started on this? I'd like to join and already play the mode weekly some with friends. It's great fun but requires all playing at the same time, or else the computer AI takes over. A 10 game season usually takes us about 4-5 hours to finish, including the draft part.
How do you do this?! Sounds great

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
How do you do this?! Sounds great
It's the Draft mode, right there in the menu.

A host sets up a league and draft preferences (e.g. budget, types of players). Then everyone takes it in turns to pick, preferably in reverse-draft order.

This year's is better than previous years as there's more options to set. We've done ones for Premier League players, players under 23, and currently a non-European players one.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's the Draft mode, right there in the menu.

A host sets up a league and draft preferences (e.g. budget, types of players). Then everyone takes it in turns to pick, preferably in reverse-draft order.

This year's is better than previous years as there's more options to set. We've done ones for Premier League players, players under 23, and currently a non-European players one.

That’s great!

Can you do it on mobile?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I’ve still not bagged myself a new console yet although I do get a laptop soon…

What kind a spec do you need to run it without struggling would you say?
Not sure. I run it on a Huawei Matebook, so 8gb RAM and a 3500u processor. This is probably standard, maybe worse than an average £500 laptop now.

Though @Bosws87 would probably say you need to run it at 200fps minimum :p

Bosws87

Not sure. I run it on a Huawei Matebook, so 8gb RAM and a 3500u processor. This is probably standard, maybe worse than an average £500 laptop now.

Though @Bosws87 would probably say you need to run it at 200fps minimum :p
An SSD a decent amount of ram and a okish processor should be more then enough.

SSD and ram making the biggest difference to the speed.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It depends on how large you want your database to be and how many leagues you have loaded. Most laptops will be able to run the basics of the game though.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah definitely. Maybe just try a quick league everyone plays each other twice? Followed by a cup. Not much experience with playing the fantasy draft so I'm up for suggestions.
That sounds good. We need to try and get enough people to agree to it though. If we start rounding them up now we can get an idea of numbers?

@Vidyoyo would you host?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That sounds good. We need to try and get enough people to agree to it though. If we start rounding them up now we can get an idea of numbers?

@Vidyoyo would you host?
Yeah happy to. I know how it all works as I host with friends. I guess it might be worth starting a new thread and figuring out which evening works best for everyone?

As I mentioned earlier, a 10 game league usually takes us about 3-4 hours, including the draft. I'm thinking if we do this then it might be best to organise it semi-regularly and then if people aren't around they'll have to deal with AI taking over for the night. The draft usually takes about 45 minutes, but you can put a 60 second limit on to speed things up.

The alternative is a group/knockout tournament. That's 1 game each in the group stage and another additional one for knockouts. Could easily knock that out in a single evening tbh.

Happy to hear thoughts? :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I signed 34 y/o Harry Kane for free and he’s still a beast :lol:
yeah, I’ve read stories of players with good physical stats lasting for a long time…for example Lukaku still going in his late 30s at a high level.

Lay

Yeah it’s a tough one to balance because they’re doing better as they get older but, it means youth don’t develop as well as they should

vangagal

Robert Lewandowski at 39 still banging 30+ goals at La Liga with Madrid in my save. His mental stats is godlike with almost 16+ in all of them, his physic still top notch with 13 pace at 39. Even Ibra just have 9 or 8 irrc at that age.

Nickosaur

Got the Salford job after my 2 years in Russia with Kuban. Now in summer 2025.

Much more money to spend but was struggling to find many outstanding talents (frees or loans tbh). Then I managed to convince Ethan Galbraith to join and the media now rate him as the best player in League Two!