Gaming Football Manager 2022

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Makes me sad that I probably won't ever find a player like this again. I go back on FM21 at least 3/4 times a week to look at him :lol:

Dan_F

So after plugging away in Slovenia for 8 years, I finally get the club’s reputation to a point where my max wage goes from £10k to £30k a week. This took fecking ages because all the trophies I could possibly win were really low reputation.

All of a sudden the following season, I top my Champions League group containing Spurs, Napoli and RB Leipzig. I’d only previously gone past the group stages once before. I understand there has to be limitations built in but I do feel like I’ve been sandbagged for the last couple of seasons because of the reputation.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think the problem with the game is that to have a good long term save you effectively have to use the editor. I’ve seen proof that DYR is not a lie and does move over time but fairly slowly.

They need to make the other factors dynamic too.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Right, decided I need a save of this on the go to distract me from work. I won’t be going back to my Russian save, and am going to give into curiosity and do a Glory Hunter save. I have already done the build from Curzon Ashton, am ready for the big time!

So, PL, Série A, La Liga, BuLi and Ligue 1 loaded up. 20 years to win it all…

What should my starting team be? I want to avoid La Liga because I finished off there in my last save.

I though maybe Leverkusen or Monaco? Might be too tough in Ligue 1 though and I could be stuck there for years!

Any ideas?

Leg-End

Right, decided I need a save of this on the go to distract me from work. I won’t be going back to my Russian save, and am going to give into curiosity and do a Glory Hunter save. I have already done the build from Curzon Ashton, am ready for the big time!

So, PL, Série A, La Liga, BuLi and Ligue 1 loaded up. 20 years to win it all…

What should my starting team be? I want to avoid La Liga because I finished off there in my last save.

I though maybe Leverkusen or Monaco? Might be too tough in Ligue 1 though and I could be stuck there for years!

Any ideas?
RB Leipzig is good fun, it takes a mammoth effort to topple Bayern anyway so you may as well start with a good base. Good young base that you can build on easily and then when you move to your next job it’s not too difficult to cherry pick a couple of them to take with you.

Maluco

RB Leipzig is good fun, it takes a mammoth effort to topple Bayern anyway so you may as well start with a good base. Good young base that you can build on easily and then when you move to your next job it’s not too difficult to cherry pick a couple of them to take with you.
That’s not a bad idea actually, a number of good young players to hold onto and develop for a potential next job!

I might actually go for that…

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm not gonna buy another FM for a few years I think. By then it will either be improved or even worse and it'll be a simple decision.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'm not gonna buy another FM for a few years I think. By then it will either be improved or even worse and it'll be a simple decision.
The game is so cheap anyway compared to console games. You can always get for under £25 on release just by buying from club shops.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The game is so cheap anyway compared to console games. You can always get for under £25 on release just by buying from club shops.
Yeah but it just takes up too much of my time and the amount of broken things bugs me to no end.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I gave up on fm22. Fm21 is better for me

Ludens the Red

:lol: What the feck is this game?

player injured for three months, gets called up to afcon squad so upon his impending return. By way of logic misses about a dozen games. Then complains about not playing……

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: What the feck is this game?

player injured for three months, gets called up to afcon squad so upon his impending return. By way of logic misses about a dozen games. Then complains about not playing……
Are you planning with the Jan update? I haven't played it for ages as I got fed up with these issues. Haven't dipped back into it but was tempted to do an Everton save after the update. If they've not fixed stuff I won't bother.

flameinthesun

in my 10th season in the game playing a 4 3 1 2 formation after originally playing a 4 1 4 1. I reckon its no better or worse than previous versions and I've been playing since the championship manager days. The issue with players asking for more time is a bit annoying but if its a player you bought then setting the correct squad status removes a lot of that. The main issue I have is I've bought a couple players over the years who failed to get a wp, then struggled to loan them out to get the required experience to qualify for a wp. Think they should make that a bit easier.

Ludens the Red

Are you planning with the Jan update? I haven't played it for ages as I got fed up with these issues. Haven't dipped back into it but was tempted to do an Everton save after the update. If they've not fixed stuff I won't bother.
Yeah, the game is actually worse. Player interactions have somehow become more stupid. There’s also a managerial sacking basically every week. Also the one on one finishing has gotten really bad. They’ve obviously not found the balance in that respect and it doesn’t seem to matter who the player is. Ive got Jermaine Defoe at Sunderland and he’s the worse finisher at the club because his ppm is ‘shoot with power’ so he gets in front of goal and smashes it into row z time and time again. Despite having high finishing and composure attributes. It’s like attributes mean nothing in this game except pace.

@flameinthesun

I’m having the issue with players even down as squad players. Not as much but still. You basically cannot rotate without players moaning. Even if you drop them for paints trophy games. Defoe is 39 years old and playing time is squad player yet he complained about his playing time… words fail me.

flameinthesun

Yeah, the game is actually worse. Player interactions have somehow become more stupid. There’s also a managerial sacking basically every week. Also the one on one finishing has gotten really bad. They’ve obviously not found the balance in that respect and it doesn’t seem to matter who the player is. Ive got Jermaine Defoe at Sunderland and he’s the worse finisher at the club because his ppm is ‘shoot with power’ so he gets in front of goal and smashes it into row z time and time again. Despite having high finishing and composure attributes. It’s like attributes mean nothing in this game except pace.

@flameinthesun

I’m having the issue with players even down as squad players. Not as much but still. You basically cannot rotate without players moaning. Even if you drop them for paints trophy games. Defoe is 39 years old and playing time is squad player yet he complained about his playing time… words fail me.
Not sure if you bought him or renewed his contract but one thing that tripped me up with early signings was not reviewing the promises in the first part of the contract negotiations. A few players had said they wanted more games and I overlooked it. Now I remove all promises around gametime and winning trophies. Might have to offer slightly more wages but usually removes any issues.

Not sure why defoe should be complaining if he is set to a squad role. One trick I do is schedule challenging friendlies in the first month up until the first international break. So im playing every 3 days roughly. Play my first team in the prem, 2nd team in friendlies. Then do similar after winter, partially to keep my backups match fit but also to give them games.

If you're a big team in europe then usually I'd play the ones likely to moan in both cup games and group stage games. If they moan nearer the end of the season I just twll em to put up with it because if they put in a transfer request or get angry it usually gets resolved over summer.

Failing that, if someone is complaining a lot I just sell them. I spent 8 years at crystal palace. Brought them from the championship to winning the champs league. Over the seasons I discovered gems and then sold them when they kicked up a fuss, there's always other players out there.

Asger

Any ideas for next team to manage? Don't want to manage an Elite team.. Either lower league team or team like Valencia or Southampton.

CraftySoAndSo

Just taken the plunge and bought the game after growing tired of my save on 21 but for the first time decided to get the editor as well. Did this because i keep wanting to try places like Japan or African football in general so want to use the editor to have more variety.

But the editor is confusing the hell out of me and any youtube tutorials are all from previous versions, has anyone used the editor and if you have do you have any tips for me. And yes i'm aware i can just download whatever i need anyway but i wanted to have a go myself to see if it's easy enough, but if i can't do it then yes i'll probably end up downloading it.

CraftySoAndSo

So have decided to start an academy challenge with Colchester since their academy always has a load of good potential youngsters in it. And since the objective of the first season is avoid relegation i've culled the squad and promoted all of them to get a full season under their belt before expectations change. So just starting the season and the average age of my lineup is 19, this is going to be fun :lol:

Corridor of Uncertainty

Does anyone play this on the mobile?

I'd love to start a game on the laptop like the good old days but the game has become so intense it would probably take a few weeks just to complete a single season.

Tiber

Picked this up recently. Started off with a United save.

Didn't do much in the first summer, got the board to sign Haaland straight away and that used my entire budget. I've somehow walked the league and won the champions league. Haaland scores every week and Ronaldo on the right wing has almost as many goals. Feels like cheating, Ronaldo never even needs a rest.

Tiber

Just noticed that Newcastle managed to get themselves relegated despite spending a complete fortune and appointing Luis Enrique as manager.

Half tempted to quit and take over there, sounds like an interesting challenge.

Maluco

This is why we play this game :drool:

He is a beast! Currently doing a Derby save at the moment too after watching Doctor Benjy’s series and liking the sound of it.

I went with his no striker formation too but have come away from it after finding it too inconsistent.

I am on a good run now with a 4-3-2-1, but would love it if I got a youngster through even half as good as this one!

Woodzy

He is a beast! Currently doing a Derby save at the moment too after watching Doctor Benjy’s series and liking the sound of it.

I went with his no striker formation too but have come away from it after finding it too inconsistent.

I am on a good run now with a 4-3-2-1, but would love it if I got a youngster through even half as good as this one!
You say that but I can't imagine how stressful it would be trying to keep hold of a player like that :lol: It's part of the reason I don't have th epatience for lower league games.

Maluco

You say that but I can't imagine how stressful it would be trying to keep hold of a player like that :lol: It's part of the reason I don't have th epatience for lower league games.
Yeah, he could well slip through the next with little compensation before he can be signed.

But if he is signed, the key is too give him a massive 5 year deal while he is still innocent enough not to realize how good he is:D

Maluco

Huh, I’d be delighted if someone offered close to 8 million for him. Awful mentality that won’t improve much.
Mentoring him early on can turn that into something workable.

As he is, he starts for Derby with their starting squad in the championship!

He is a extremely well rounded for 15 years old and he is a physical beast!

Nickosaur

I've returned to my journeyman save. Now managed to achieve back-to-back promotions and Salford will be in the championship next year (2027)!

Media predicting me to finish 21st but I've got feck all budget. I'll give it a go but will probably jump ship and get a decent gig abroad when the going gets tough :lol: my manager is now at three star reputation so should get some interesting offers.

Abraxas

I've started a new save with the mighty Darlington. Fancied an English save after going to the far flung reaches of Europe as a journeyman. Work permit rules are annoying.

diarm

My keeper has just made the best FM save I've ever seen to win us the Champions League in extra time against Liverpool.

We couldn't put the feckers away. Went 1 up in the first half, they equalised just before half time. Went 2-1 up in the second and they equalise in the 89th minute. Went 3-2 up in extra time, then this happens with 4 minutes to go and me about to jump out the window:

Maluco

My keeper has just made the best FM save I've ever seen to win us the Champions League in extra time against Liverpool.

We couldn't put the feckers away. Went 1 up in the first half, they equalised just before half time. Went 2-1 up in the second and they equalise in the 89th minute. Went 3-2 up in extra time, then this happens with 4 minutes to go and me about to jump out the window:

Awesome moment, especially against terminator like Liverpool. I would have had that feeling of dread as soon as the through ball found a player free on the left!

nooshka

Can anyone recommend me a cheap laptop that’s capable of running this at a decent speed after all the face packs, logos, etc. have been downloaded? I’ve got a laptop now but it’s full of stuff for work and isn’t the quickest. I’m useless at knowing what spec and stuff to get.

Wayne's World

What a save! :eek:

Wayne's World

I still think about it sometimes! Mamardashvili the absolute legend!
Cracking save, never seen my keeper do that in any version :lol: I recently bought Trubin from Shakhtar in my United season, he's an absolute beast also but bit pricey, had to pay his 40 million release clause but is well worth it.

Giggs' right foot

The year is 2047 and Real Madrid have found themselves in a relegation battle in my save. 21 games - 22 points - 17th place. The hell is happening?