Gaming Football Manager 2022

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Read this a lot, that it’s too easy. Hopefully it’s just the beta because fm21 was easy and it ruined long term saves
I actually found FM21 to be a somewhat dad difficulty level but I suspect that is only because I insist on building every tactic from scratch so don’t touch the preset gegenpress etc, which are supposedly overpowered and make the game too easy.

However in the beta I have done the same and made each of my own tactics, but it just seems piss easy to be honest. I will have to try a smaller team and hopefully the full game will have more difficulty, as you said.

Nickosaur

Has the shitshow yesterday made anyone desperate to completely reshape United?

I can't wait to make huge changes to the squad. I think I'd ship out Maguire, Fred, Pogba, Martial, Lingard, Bailly, Mata, Matic etc. Might not be realistic but I feel like making drastic changes :lol: I'm so mad that even Shaw could be up for the chop if a good offer comes in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone else had a weird start to their save? After 10 games Chelsea are sitting in 16th and Burnley are in 2nd place. Burnley are also ripping up the League Cup too. I'm sitting in 7th with Newcastle currently after my splurge. Thumped some teams but some meh performances against the bigger sides.

Robbie Boy

Anyone else had a weird start to their save? After 10 games Chelsea are sitting in 16th and Burnley are in 2nd place. Burnley are also ripping up the League Cup too. I'm sitting in 7th with Newcastle currently after my splurge. Thumped some teams but some meh performances against the bigger sides.
I finished the season 4th with Newcastle. Liverpool obliterated everything in front of them and won the treble. City somehow finished 5th (a point behind me) and Leeds 6th. Leeds were top 3 most of the season, and Chelsea after about 15 games were way down the table. They then went on a mental winning spree of about 10 odd league games.

As an aside, United are after getting Mbappe and City got Haaland. Ffs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hey Guys. Need a bit of help. I’m having trouble registering players for the CL with us. I go to registration before the deadline date and it’s fine. Then come the deadline day I can’t click on confirm squad and all players are unregistered. Why is this happening? I used to just go on holiday if I had hassle finding a few players to make the squad CL eligible.

Abraxas

I don't think it's going to get much harder, I don't think they would have inbuilt an easy mode into a beta. It's just been the overall trend with the games, which is really unfortunate. I think it's a miscalculation of what fans of this type of experience want. It's not a openworld sandbox game, it is a simulation and making it easy saps a lot of the enjoyment for me.

I will have to continue making ridiculous asymmetric tactics.

Ralaks

I signed some random 15 year old kid, with decent ish potential 4 star, fan reaction was angry because they don't think he will ever be good enough, sounds about right. Nailing our fanbase here

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I finished the season 4th with Newcastle. Liverpool obliterated everything in front of them and won the treble. City somehow finished 5th (a point behind me) and Leeds 6th. Leeds were top 3 most of the season, and Chelsea after about 15 games were way down the table. They then went on a mental winning spree of about 10 odd league games.

As an aside, United are after getting Mbappe and City got Haaland. Ffs.
I finished 4th too and Liverpool did the same in mine.

I'd highly recommend Soucek for anyone looking for a midfielder at the start of the game (United especially). He's fantastic in this as either a BWM or Box-to-box and scores a ton of goals. Bagged 15 for me in the season and they were all different. Penalties, headers, long range strikes, Frank Lampard late run into the box goals, everything. He's also relatively cheap for a high end player entering their prime at roughly 40m.

NoLogo

Man at least that game is realistic in that I can't sell any of the dead wood. :lol:

Apart from that it's going pretty well, didn't buy anyone in the first transfer window but am currently second at the start of December and only two points behind leaders Liverpool. Ronaldo banging in goals for fun currently sitting at 21 goals after 18 games 14 in 13 in the league and 7 in 5 in the CL.

Not so realistic, Pogba can play as a lone pivot in a 433 as my DLP, AWB contributes greatly to our attacking play and Ronaldo actually contributes to our pressing.

Fully Fledged

FM on a controller you make me sick. :nono:

To in-depth for me these days much preferred the more streamlined versions back when it was championship manager loved those games.

I have no interest in press conferences, agent negotiating, training etc.
It's also on Game Pass on PC.
Yeah I preferred it back in the day when it was all about managing the Team.

NoLogo

FM on a controller you make me sick. :nono:

To in-depth for me these days much preferred the more streamlined versions back when it was championship manager loved those games.

I have no interest in press conferences, agent negotiating, training etc.
Try the touch version, it's pretty much stripped down to the basics. I pretty much play all my games that aren't my long term save game these days on FM touch. Oh yeah unfortunately it won't be out till the full release.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I did a quick save as Utd and Newcastle to see what’s what at the top of the game. Now I'm Torquay. Just after getting into league 2. No transfer budget. 20k a week wage budget. Signing every free player you possibly can hopefully stumbling upon a gem or two even though your scouts are horrible. Engrossing stuff :lol:

Hoof the ball

Definitely recommend holding off on your long-term saves until we're out of beta, because even with an update you still might carry over some of those bugs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Definitely recommend holding off on your long-term saves until we're out of beta, because even with an update you still might carry over some of those bugs.
Yeah I’ve not touched the beta. Waiting for full release before I start anything. Gives everyone a chance to make skins, packs, etc.. as well and to know all the potential bugs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been waiting for the full release rather than the beta.

Leg-End

Time to spend 3 hours picking a team and then not actually playing.

K Stand Knut

Currently discounted to £35.99 on Steam.

Never like paying full price for this game at my age. When is it likely to go up or be this price again?

diarm

Currently discounted to £35.99 on Steam.

Never like paying full price for this game at my age. When is it likely to go up or be this price again?
Even if it's above that on Steam, you'll be able to pick it up for less on CDKeys or similar.

diarm

Annoyingly, my practice Beta save is going extraordinarily well. You know the way sometimes a team just clicks for you?

I'll move to the new game now, start a fresh one and it will obviously be crap.

Woodzy

As usual I paid full price for the beta and didn’t touch it. Should have just waited until full release. Damn my inpatient self.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Yesss! Looking forward to playing again! Luck strikes me today in the sense that I have only meetings/sessions today at work in which my participation is not critical.. God bless Working Remote on these like these!

Think Im gonna start in the Dutch league.. Anyone else has some tips for LLM in Spain/Italy/England?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been debating getting this but due to covid, finances have been tightened and doesn't help all the kids have birthdays leading up to christmas :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm finding it impossible to even think of starting a save with my puppy around. I just get no time to properly spend time on a game atm.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm finding it impossible to even think of starting a save with my puppy around. I just get no time to properly spend time on a game atm.

Ffs 11am Solius, now you're thinking of starting a game anyway.

What are the must-have things to sort before starting? Real name fixes, logos, face packs, trophies, anything else? Is the newgen face pack working for FM22?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ffs 11am Solius, now you're thinking of starting a game anyway.

What are the must-have things to sort before starting? Real name fixes, logos, face packs, trophies, anything else? Is the newgen face pack working for FM22?
Graphics: kits, facepack, logos for clubs and competitions
Real name fix, remove fake names/German national team thing... should be it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Graphics: kits, facepack, logos for clubs and competitions
Real name fix, remove fake names/German national team thing... should be it.
Any good recommendations for logos and facepacks or is it just the usual FMScout ones?

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
If you're on windows, subscribe to gamepass for a £1 for the first month. Then buy the game when your finances are better :)
How does this work? Just signed up to it for £1 and that's as far as I've got I'm baffled :lol:

Santos J

Just downloaded their logos actually. Seems to be missing Utd's?
Yeah it's to do with the whole legal issue the club had with FM, they can't use our badges/kits/faces etc and it's why we're called Man UFC or whatever it is in game before the name fix. If you google around you should be able to find where someone's uploaded ours so you can just drop them in the folder or if not I have them and I'll upload them when I'm home.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it's to do with the whole legal issue the club had with FM, they can't use our badges/kits/faces etc and it's why we're called Man UFC or whatever it is in game before the name fix. If you google around you should be able to find where someone's uploaded ours so you can just drop them in the folder or if not I have them and I'll upload them when I'm home.
Oh I know that but I thought someone would be able to put it in a pack since they aren't affiliated with SI. I'll have a look around for the logo, cheers!

Santos J

Oh I know that but I thought someone would be able to put it in a pack since they aren't affiliated with SI. I'll have a look around for the logo, cheers!
Oh fairs, nah every pack from kits to logos to faces doesn't include us so not sure whether it's something SI have had to clamp down on with the main ones even without being affiliated or what.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh fairs, nah every pack from kits to logos to faces doesn't include us so not sure whether it's something SI have had to clamp down on with the main ones even without being affiliated or what.
I got the kit but cannot find the Utd logo for some reason. You reckon you could upload it?