Gaming Football Manager 2022

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The board have just agreed to sell my goalkeeper in October. The transfer window is closed and my backup is dogshit ffs.

I tried to protest but when I threatened to resign they were willing to let that happen. feckers.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The board have just agreed to sell my goalkeeper in October. The transfer window is closed and my backup is dogshit ffs.

I tried to protest but when I threatened to resign they were willing to let that happen. feckers.
No point moaning here, they'll be a press conference question about it very soon!

sebsheep

United actually won the quadruple in my save. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No point moaning here, they'll be a press conference question about it very soon!
Aaand he's gone. 5m to a Saudi Arabian club, of which I get 2m of it. 2 months to play until I can sign a goalkeeper now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm wondering if it actually has an impact if your players are unsettled. Vlahovic and a few other players all kicked up a fuss right when I took over, were annoyed I rejected offers, all teamed up together against me to tell me they should all be let go if they want to go, they submitted transfer requests... I just rejected all of them and said they were staying (though the constant player discussions are annoying).

4 games in and Vlahovic has 2 hat tricks and a haven't conceded a goal in the league, so he's clearly fine despite the complaining. My goal is good old fashioned Stockholm syndrome... force them to stay until they see its a good idea.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm wondering if it actually has an impact if your players are unsettled. Vlahovic and a few other players all kicked up a fuss right when I took over, were annoyed I rejected offers, all teamed up together against me to tell me they should all be let go if they want to go, they submitted transfer requests... I just rejected all of them and said they were staying (though the constant player discussions are annoying).

4 games in and Vlahovic has 2 hat tricks and a haven't conceded a goal in the league, so he's clearly fine despite the complaining. My goal is good old fashioned Stockholm syndrome... force them to stay until they see its a good idea.
I'm pretty sure it affects their training. Any time I've an unhappy player they're usually the worst performers in training.

Henderson is the latest to kick up a fuss because apparently his 120k contract isn't enough for a decent but not great keeper. AWB wanted 250k on his new contract too, fecking nuts.

The transfer system also seems worse than ever. It's impossible to sell players. I offered Pogba for 50m because I'd broken his stupid promise and got no offers for him because it was deemed too much even though Pogba himself said it was too low and should be 100m :lol:

vangagal

Ended up 8th in my 1st season with Newcastle, going into the last game we needed a win against Watford to stand a chance of getting into Europe. After 15 minutes we were 3-0 down, conceding 2 penalties. Ended up getting it back to 3-3 despite having Lodi sent off, lost 4-3 after missing a Penalty. Mike Dean was the ref as well. :lol:
Think we might need to do something a bit differently next season, conceded 62 goals in the league. :nervous:

That WCB tactic on support was suicide i guess. You also have WM instead of WB, not gonna help. Tried similiar tactic with WCB on support and WM in my beta save, i'm leaking goals every times. Switch to WCB on defend with WB on flanks, it helps.
Now i'm leaving that WCB tactic, just not worth it or maybe its just me that cant hack it

Lebowski

I'm pretty sure it affects their training. Any time I've an unhappy player they're usually the worst performers in training.

Henderson is the latest to kick up a fuss because apparently his 120k contract isn't enough for a decent but not great keeper. AWB wanted 250k on his new contract too, fecking nuts.

The transfer system also seems worse than ever. It's impossible to sell players. I offered Pogba for 50m because I'd broken his stupid promise and got no offers for him because it was deemed too much even though Pogba himself said it was too low and should be 100m :lol:
Yeah I've had such difficulty shifting on players as United.

Signing players? Piss easy - they all seem to have a price and you can easily persuade anyone in the world to join, even those you would expect to not consider coming here (i.e. Mbappe, Fati). But when selling there's virtually no interest except the odd offer waaaaay below each players transfer value. Then even if you cave and accept a lowball bid just to get rid of someone, you have to cross your fingers that the player agrees to join and gets a work permit.

sebsheep

That WCB tactic on support was suicide i guess. You also have WM instead of WB, not gonna help. Tried similiar tactic with WCB on support and WM in my beta save, i'm leaking goals every times. Switch to WCB on defend with WB on flanks, it helps.
Now i'm leaving that WCB tactic, just not worth it or maybe its just me that cant hack it
My main issue was facing crosses where the CB from the far side would just wonder in and have a chat with the central one leaving opposition wide attackers free all the time. Occurred whether they were WCBs on any setting or BPDs. Even setting them to man mark didn't stop it.
I think it's either the defenders just not being quite good enough or more likely as you said with the team having WMs instead of WBs. I don't remember it being such an issue in previous versions though.

Lay

It's broken and has been completely ignored by SI. I've learned to never make promises of that sort, and always take them out. The player is usually fine with it.
I usually take them out but for some reason, this years version, I get a lot of agents locking in the preferred position at the start of negotiations.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yeah but... what does a bad training rating affect? Does it actually have any impact on how they play/progress? Or is it all kinda for show.

Either way, as long as the results and performances are fine I guess I'll just keep them locked up :lol:

But yeah. So many players who I don't have a clue who they are but just kinda went off of my staff reports for CA and PA and placed all the excess players on the unwanted list, shoved them in the reserves and just going to let the director of football handle it. Hard to trim a bloated squad when you take over a random team otherwise, so I just put it to "accept whatever you can get" and move on.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I signed Moukoko in my save, even though he wasn't highly rated by my scouts. He was going for cheap and looked decent as a backup to my eyes, so I went for it. But now I wonder if my scouts are idiots and I've actually just signed the best wonderkid in this game or something? He's scored 8 goals in his first 3 games with finished from ridiculous angles. I generally try and stay away from signing known wonderkids with massive PA.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Partizan now refusing to let me go on a coaching course for my pro licence, because it would mean other clubs might poach me.

Fed up with the board now. Looking to leave asap but I'll also likely win the league so I would like to be credited with that.

EDIT: Just after writing this I've been randomly offered the chance to interview to be PSV manager. And also one from Bologna.

Santos J

Partizan now refusing to let me go on a coaching course for my pro licence, because it would mean other clubs might poach me.

Fed up with the board now. Looking to leave asap but I'll also likely win the league so I would like to be credited with that.

EDIT: Just after writing this I've been randomly offered the chance to interview to be PSV manager. And also one from Bologna.
What bastards :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What bastards :lol:
I got offered the PSV job but turned it down. I'm 11 points clear in the league and want that second title on my CV before I go. So I need a club to let me take over at the end of the season.

Bratt

I signed Moukoko in my save, even though he wasn't highly rated by my scouts. He was going for cheap and looked decent as a backup to my eyes, so I went for it. But now I wonder if my scouts are idiots and I've actually just signed the best wonderkid in this game or something? He's scored 8 goals in his first 3 games with finished from ridiculous angles. I generally try and stay away from signing known wonderkids with massive PA.
Interesting. I "signed" him as well for £40M in the very first transfer window, but he wouldn’t join until 02.01.2023
When that date finally arrived the transfer was cancelled because I already had signed 6 u21 players from abroad. This rule is really ruining the game for me, but in this particular case I was lucky, as his contract was running out, and I signed him for free instead with him (hopefully) joining in the summer.

Lay

Didn’t realise Lucca was some sort of demigod. 4 starts, 3 hat tricks and a double. Scored twice off the bench too. Just scored 4 against Dortmund away in the UCL group stage.

Now to drop him for Osimhen in the league because the Dortmund game was a dead rubber. :lol:

Lay

The way the AI use Immobile is incredible. 39 goals for Lazio last season in the league alone. Finished second in the Ballon D'or, second in the goal 50 award, jus scored 10 goals at the world cup including 2 in the final over Brazil.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've been offered the Newcastle job but not sure if that will ruin my save for me. Feels too early and with unlimited money it's too obvious.

Lay

I've been offered the Newcastle job but not sure if that will ruin my save for me. Feels too early and with unlimited money it's too obvious.
don’t do it. Go around Europe some more before you go to the bottomless pits of money in England

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I signed Christensen from Chelsea on a free for my Napoli side. 6 months in he wants to leave despite being a regular. All because he didn’t play his promised role. Every other day a player wants a new contract
Pissing me off no end this. My wonderkid regen and Hannibal both want to go because they're not player in their promised role. You'll play where I tell you to arseholes.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Fecking hell, the contract stuff is mad, I'll probably have to quit my Utd save soon cause my players are trying to bankrupt me. Shaw wanted a new contract and wouldn't take less than £275k so I cancelled it. Henderson wanted £200k so I cancelled it. I only signed Bissuoma last season on 120k and now he's demanding 250k too, madness. Yet weirdly I was able to get Mbappe on 300k even though he was on way more at PSG. The game is always so fecking broken.

Although in my save England did make it to the world cup final and get smashed 5-1 by Italy so that's good.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Didn’t realise Lucca was some sort of demigod. 4 starts, 3 hat tricks and a double. Scored twice off the bench too. Just scored 4 against Dortmund away in the UCL group stage.

Now to drop him for Osimhen in the league because the Dortmund game was a dead rubber. :lol:
Yep. He comfortably outperformed Hlozek and Sesko in my Ajax save, and they got 20 odd goals each.

Hlozek Lucca Sesko
PF(A) TF(A) PF(A)

Forget totaalvoetbal, total annihilation.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Its really good.

I play it on my Chromebook, it's slightly improved from last year's version.
Feels more like CM03/04 mixed with FM08 now. You can edit players positions attacking and defensive for set pieces, and create some good custom tactics which do actually make a difference during the match.

Its well worth the cash, and doesn't take forever to play, I am a season into it after about 8 hours of play.

Just the right depth for someone who's meant to be working from home whilst suffering from Corona!!
Cheers. Oh, I didn’t think you’d be able to play it on a Chromebook, I thought it would be Android or iOS? How does that work then?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Cheers. Oh, I didn’t think you’d be able to play it on a Chromebook, I thought it would be Android or iOS? How does that work then?
I've got the mobile version on my phone, I just used the play store on my Chromebook to install the same mobile version.
Works fine and is a lot easier to control the mobile version with a bigger screen.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I've got the mobile version on my phone, I just used the play store on my Chromebook to install the same mobile version.
Works fine and is a lot easier to control the mobile version with a bigger screen.
Ok thanks

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Is the mobile version any harder than last year?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is the mobile version any harder than last year?
It seems a tad more challenging.

Personally I've found both PC and mobile versions have been getting easier recently, but the mobile version this year does seem slightly harder. .

I struggled at Newcastle in my first save for example, just couldn't get results despite having a good team, it seems player confidence and morale plays a bigger part this year too.
Also it's imperative to configure set piece tactics for both attacking and defending, otherwise you will concede goals from counter attacks after your corners alot.

2E_MUFC

Is it possible to change the colour on the team title bar at the top? So it’s all the one colours example All Red for United. All blue for Chelsea etc. On the base skin this is. Not really keen on the purple side bar either if that can be changed?

Hoof the ball

Managed to replicate a couple of the City principles.

Gone for a 4-1-4-1. For some reason, wingers (as opposed to wide forwards) hold their width better. Tried to make them keep the width and then use two 'free 8's', so, two Mezzalla's on attack so that they run the channels between oppo FB's. Got both fullbacks on inverted and defend so they play auxiliary DM's and shut out counter-attacks. This is the first version where I can accurately pull off a replication of a real life Pep tactic.

Lay

Camavinga goes for dirt cheap after a couple of seasons. £10m but with a huge contract.

Reached the UCL final after beating Ajax, Arsenal and Real Madrid in a shootout. Have United in the final.

League form went to pot. 4 points behind Juventus with a game in hand but my players are shattered. I’ve had to give so many of them holidays. Might bin the league if I fail to win my game in hand, the players will be dead for the UCL final. I’m also in the Coppa Italia final which is annoyingly only 3 days after an away game and 3 days later I have another away game.

DarkXaero

In January in my first season with Man United, I'm dominating the league with my gegenpress tactic (using 4-3-3 DM Wide as my formation). All my main attacking players are exceling, particularly Ronaldo, Sancho, and Greenwood. Ronaldo has 28 goals in 19 starts, Sancho leads the league in assists by far, and Greenwood has 18 goals in 25 appearances (18 starts). My fullbacks have been fantastic too (even Telles and Dalot). Midfielders have been alright and CBs have been decent as well. My team creates a ton of chances every match, and almost every match there's a huge shots on goal/target disparity. Yet for some reason, my team's possession stats are horrible, even against bad teams. The fans have criticized my team's possession stats despite my team being a goal machine in so many matches and having the best defense in the league :lol:

Anyways, I made a contract offer to Mbappe in January, and for some reason, he accepted my offer over Real Madrid's (who he had a preference to play for) and despite the fact that he'll go from making £425k p/w at PSG to £300k p/w at Man United (he also rejected Bayern, Liverpool and Juventus). But after reading some of the experiences here with Mbappe, I'm not sure if this is going to be worth it as I already have a high functioning attack and I have no idea what I'm going to do with my squad rotation :lol: . Ronaldo is old but still unbelievably good in this game (won Ballon D'or already with me) and Greenwood has been amazing for me when I've used him as a striker. I have great relationships with majority of squad except Maguire who for some reason doesn't like me (I guess I did take captaincy away from him but he didn't have issues then). Real Madrid have interest in Maguire and Lindelof (among some other CBs on other teams), I'm hoping they make me a good offer for Maguire so I can offload him and replace him with Milenkovic, who is available for cheap.

NoLogo

Currently trying to implement a possession tactic, playing with Barca. I'm usually an attacking tactic type guy but wanted to implement some old school Barca style 433, while raising a lot of youngsters through the ranks. So far it's proving as frustrating as always. Some games the football is really great to watch other games it's just blunt and I can end up with n more than a handful of shots on goal, I seriously don't get why this is, but my possession tactics always seem to end up like this.

I know Barcas squad currently isn't the best but still it feels like whenever I go with an attacking tactic results often end up being much better and funnily enough the more attacking I play I often feel like my defense is way more stable because whenever I go to a positive or balanced tactic the ball watching of my team seems to increase to an unreasonable degree and the opposition often plays through my team as if I had a midfield of Pogba and Matic.

Maybe I'm too spoiled with how unreasonably well attacking tactics work, seeing as my current results are much more in line with reality and a Barca side that just isn't an elite side anymore, but still it's annoying as all hell and I keep yelling at my players too much, which doesn't improve things. :lol:

NoLogo

Managed to replicate a couple of the City principles.

Gone for a 4-1-4-1. For some reason, wingers (as opposed to wide forwards) hold their width better. Tried to make them keep the width and then use two 'free 8's', so, two Mezzalla's on attack so that they run the channels between oppo FB's. Got both fullbacks on inverted and defend so they play auxiliary DM's and shut out counter-attacks. This is the first version where I can accurately pull off a replication of a real life Pep tactic.
Interesting. Tried this in FM2021 but for some reason didn't get it to work, I think mainly because wingers would just play like IFs in the last FM version, maybe I'll give this another go as well. Do you find you have any problems with wide players who try to exploit the space you are leaving in the wider areas? At least in FM 2021 those deep crosses to attacking IFs fecking killed me time and time again, especially Liverpool had a field day against me when I played with IWBs.

Lay

Currently trying to implement a possession tactic, playing with Barca. I'm usually an attacking tactic type guy but wanted to implement some old school Barca style 433, while raising a lot of youngsters through the ranks. So far it's proving as frustrating as always. Some games the football is really great to watch other games it's just blunt and I can end up with n more than a handful of shots on goal, I seriously don't get why this is, but my possession tactics always seem to end up like this.

I know Barcas squad currently isn't the best but still it feels like whenever I go with an attacking tactic results often end up being much better and funnily enough the more attacking I play I often feel like my defense is way more stable because whenever I go to a positive or balanced tactic the ball watching of my team seems to increase to an unreasonable degree and the opposition often plays through my team as if I had a midfield of Pogba and Matic.

Maybe I'm too spoiled with how unreasonably well attacking tactics work, seeing as my current results are much more in line with reality and a Barca side that just isn't an elite side anymore, but still it's annoying as all hell and I keep yelling at my players too much, which doesn't improve things. :lol:
Fm21 and 22 seem to punish you for being defensive. I never go defensive, not even to hold out leads because it just seems to cause goals. I just keep it attacking and normally end up scoring on the counter

NoLogo

Fm21 and 22 seem to punish you for being defensive. I never go defensive, not even to hold out leads because it just seems to cause goals. I just keep it attacking and normally end up scoring on the counter
Yeah very true. The way I usually went was keep the attacking overall mentality but change a couple of roles and positions around but the second you switch to anything below attacking it feels like your team just lets everyone waltz through your defense for fun. It's kinda funny how you can turn teams like Watford into Man City if you go defensive.

2E_MUFC

Does anyone have the United tcm logos? Also wondering if anyone has found an updated DF11 facepack of this years United's photos.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So, I just won the title with Grorud and promotion to the Norwegian Premier Division. The system is crazy though. At 1st division level most teams seem to be amateur/semi-pro and because it is Norway your best players are basically target practice for the upper division clubs so half my side is leaving me at the end of the season because I had no money to be able to convince them to stay. :lol: Includes my two best players, one of which finished as top scorer with 26 goals compared to the lad who came 2nd in the top scorer charts with 15.

Debating whether to stay or not. Would be nice to rebuild and do well but not sure if I can be arsed with that yet.

Abraxas

So, I just won the title with Grorud and promotion to the Norwegian Premier Division. The system is crazy though. At 1st division level most teams seem to be amateur/semi-pro and because it is Norway your best players are basically target practice for the upper division clubs so half my side is leaving me at the end of the season because I had no money to be able to convince them to stay. :lol: Includes my two best players, one of which finished as top scorer with 26 goals compared to the lad who came 2nd in the top scorer charts with 15.

Debating whether to stay or not. Would be nice to rebuild and do well but not sure if I can be arsed with that yet.
Weird, I took Grorud too. Journeyman save? They were the only ones that accepted me and I couldn't be bothered waiting round. I take it this promotion was second season?

I tried a 4-2-2-2. It's not very good but I'm going to religiously enforce my philosophy. AMC (and all variants) do not seem great again. They rarely get good ratings for me even though I have two and therefore double the chance for them to perform.

Two games left, playoffs a possibility first season.