Gaming Football Manager 2022

Macern

Pee pee pants
Weird, I took Grorud too. Journeyman save? They were the only ones that accepted me and I couldn't be bothered waiting round. I take it this promotion was second season?

I tried a 4-2-2-2. It's not very good but I'm going to religiously enforce my philosophy. AMC (and all variants) do not seem great again. They rarely get good ratings for me even though I have two and therefore double the chance for them to perform.

Two games left, playoffs a possibility first season.
That’s funny, I was in Grorud last week. Proper shithole

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird, I took Grorud too. Journeyman save? They were the only ones that accepted me and I couldn't be bothered waiting round. I take it this promotion was second season?

I tried a 4-2-2-2. It's not very good but I'm going to religiously enforce my philosophy. AMC (and all variants) do not seem great again. They rarely get good ratings for me even though I have two and therefore double the chance for them to perform.

I find two AMC usually get in the way of each other.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

First season. Played an Aggressive 4-3-3 and smashed teams out of the way. If I conceded 2 I’d at least score 3. :D

Decided to stay at least one more year, spent ages last night looking through potential signings.

Nickosaur

Had a shocking start to the season at United, and combined with City's insane start, found ourselves 12 points behind in October. But since tweaking my vertical tiki-taka tactic and some player roles, we're flying. Coming to the end of January and we've managed to beat City at OT, and now sit just 2 points behind.

Kessie unfortunately had to go to AFCON, and we just drew 2-2 with Arsenal, a match we should have won. Got Juventus in the CL soon too, they are dominating in Italy so will be a tough tie.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Been playing this a lot recently - been a long time since i enjoyed an FM (Loads of annoying shit but still fun)

Started up a Newcastle save and just spent loads of money and rebuilt the team with loads of wonderkids (Musiala, Gravenberch, Sesko, Lamptey, Adeyemi and the odd experienced player such as Sule, Sommer, Hulk, Giovinco

Finished 3rd somehow with a brilliant finish to the season... Again i had loads to spend after Spurs took St Maximin, Wilson was bought by Everton (Somehow without me really noticing)

Brought in Bellingham to partner Gravenberch and signed some guy Joao Pedro from Cagliari.

Joao Pedro was bought as rotation type player as he can [play ST and wide left. He ended up scoring 46 goals in 40 games all competitions. What a beast.

Anyway - Im so bored already and cant even fit all my wonderkids in and could even spend more if i wanted.

Im definitely starting a new save - Any recommendations? I prefer top tier football to get into Champions league/rebuild a big team

Abraxas

First season. Played an Aggressive 4-3-3 and smashed teams out of the way. If I conceded 2 I’d at least score 3. :D

Decided to stay at least one more year, spent ages last night looking through potential signings.
That's a good effort. When I joined they were lower mid table half way through the season. Got them doing much better but not enough for anything like that. Not even sure it was possible. Not sure if I'll stick around either, they're getting me my first badge and I may just take it and run.

Aga was a monster for me. Does nothing but then scores.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's a good effort. When I joined they were lower mid table half way through the season. Got them doing much better but not enough for anything like that. Not even sure it was possible. Not sure if I'll stick around either, they're getting me my first badge and I may just take it and run.

Aga was a monster for me. Does nothing but then scores.
It is the same as last year where you can tweak the gegenpress and it is too strong for everyone else, especially at that level.

Hoof the ball

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's weird, I started a journeyman save two weeks ago with no coaching badges and got the Grorud job. :lol:

:lol: Seems like it is the easy job to get at the start of a journeyman save. I wasn’t sure whether to choose them or a South Korean team but they’ve been fun so far.

Abraxas

Strange, because they're not that bad. Worse clubs were rejecting me without a second thought.

Good finances, some decent young players, experienced heads. Norwegian 1st Division is much better than some of the dross leagues I had switched on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been playing this a lot recently - been a long time since i enjoyed an FM (Loads of annoying shit but still fun)

Started up a Newcastle save and just spent loads of money and rebuilt the team with loads of wonderkids (Musiala, Gravenberch, Sesko, Lamptey, Adeyemi and the odd experienced player such as Sule, Sommer, Hulk, Giovinco

Finished 3rd somehow with a brilliant finish to the season... Again i had loads to spend after Spurs took St Maximin, Wilson was bought by Everton (Somehow without me really noticing)

Brought in Bellingham to partner Gravenberch and signed some guy Joao Pedro from Cagliari.

Joao Pedro was bought as rotation type player as he can [play ST and wide left. He ended up scoring 46 goals in 40 games all competitions. What a beast.

Anyway - Im so bored already and cant even fit all my wonderkids in and could even spend more if i wanted.

Im definitely starting a new save - Any recommendations? I prefer top tier football to get into Champions league/rebuild a big team
I find when I start too high it gets boring too quickly. Also just picking a club also I don't get the same enjoyment. The most rewarding saves I've always had are the ones I start unemployed (play around with the playing experience and coaching badge thing to see just what level you want to start at) and just see what club takes you on.

Also an absolute must for me this year after being prone to doing it way too often in previous years - no quitting and reloading, no editor use, no scouting based on known PA/CA, just use purely scout recommendations and build the scout world. Of course some guys you just know so that's fine, but it enhances the game so much for me.

I started with the pro license and national level experience. Didn't get a premier league job but got Ajax somehow after Ten Hag went to Newcastle, now am at Fiorentina after winning the title in the first season.

Will probably play this save for a while, and then when the final patch comes out start a new save from a lower starting point (maybe A license and regional level, depending on what level I can start at). Probably started at a level higher than I wanted to now, but it's still fun. Stay at each club for a few years, see how much success you can have in each league, maybe eventually take over United if they are a disaster in game later on?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I find when I start too high it gets boring too quickly. Also just picking a club also I don't get the same enjoyment. The most rewarding saves I've always had are the ones I start unemployed (play around with the playing experience and coaching badge thing to see just what level you want to start at) and just see what club takes you on.

Also an absolute must for me this year after being prone to doing it way too often in previous years - no quitting and reloading, no editor use, no scouting based on known PA/CA, just use purely scout recommendations and build the scout world. Of course some guys you just know so that's fine, but it enhances the game so much for me.

I started with the pro license and national level experience. Didn't get a premier league job but got Ajax somehow after Ten Hag went to Newcastle, now am at Fiorentina after winning the title in the first season.

Will probably play this save for a while, and then when the final patch comes out start a new save from a lower starting point (maybe A license and regional level, depending on what level I can start at). Probably started at a level higher than I wanted to now, but it's still fun. Stay at each club for a few years, see how much success you can have in each league, maybe eventually take over United if they are a disaster in game later on?
I love the idea of doing what you did but then i think thats so time consuming which leads me to picking a boring save which doesnt last more than a season or two - rinse repeat

Do you keep the same tactics when you move club? OR would you try adapt to the players at your disposal?

Thats it.... Im going the route of Pro license later unemployed :)

bosnian_red

I love the idea of doing what you did but then i think thats so time consuming which leads me to picking a boring save which doesnt last more than a season or two - rinse repeat

Do you keep the same tactics when you move club? OR would you try adapt to the players at your disposal?

Thats it.... Im going the route of Pro license later unemployed :)
I used to be the same... last year I half made the switch, this year fully switching. You end up playing however much you play anyway, it's more fun and interesting while you're playing if you go this route! Just taking over an easy save like United and winning every week with a simple lineup us pretty boring tbh.

I always create 2 tactics at the start and see how they work dependent on who I have (a possession style and a counter attacking style). Adjust as the season goes until I find good performances. Then minor adjustments based on players at the new club without disrupting the balance too much. It's intimidating right when starting off at a new club because you have to learn all the players/work with a new budget and scout team, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. I trust my staff reports a lot at a new team, and then go from there... probably leads me to picking some wrong players at the start but it is what it is! Best I can do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone else concede a lot of set pieces on this one? Feel like half the goals i let in are corners.

2E_MUFC

Where is the best place to buy it from? Still CDkeys? Shopto have removed it for some reason. Anyone thinking it's worth waiting till black friday?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I used to be the same... last year I half made the switch, this year fully switching. You end up playing however much you play anyway, it's more fun and interesting while you're playing if you go this route! Just taking over an easy save like United and winning every week with a simple lineup us pretty boring tbh.

I always create 2 tactics at the start and see how they work dependent on who I have (a possession style and a counter attacking style). Adjust as the season goes until I find good performances. Then minor adjustments based on players at the new club without disrupting the balance too much. It's intimidating right when starting off at a new club because you have to learn all the players/work with a new budget and scout team, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. I trust my staff reports a lot at a new team, and then go from there... probably leads me to picking some wrong players at the start but it is what it is! Best I can do.
I'm going to give it a crack tonight. Problem is I am attached to a few players now and will want them. Maybe pro license will get me a half decent side to look at Lucca after first season

Do you apply for jobs yourself or wait for offers?

Will fire an update in here tomorrow, should have a few hours played tonight

Abraxas

I'm going to give it a crack tonight. Problem is I am attached to a few players now and will want them. Maybe pro license will get me a half decent side to look at Lucca after first season

Just click apply all and don't interview for the ones that don't interest you.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Just click apply all and don't interview for the ones that don't interest you.
Where do you start? Very bottom of the footballing world or up a little on license? Not sure I have it in me for the worst of the worst

Abraxas

Where do you start? Very bottom of the footballing world or up a little on license? Not sure I have it in me for the worst of the worst
I start from the bottom, no badges or experience.. But it makes sense to pitch it towards the tier of club you want or how long you'll play the game this year. It's good to have room for progression but maybe not so much that it will take too long.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
20 games in, sitting in 4th. Found a lad called Yakhouba Barry who is v. good for this level. Predicted to get relegated so to have basically avoided that already (23 points ahead of the bottom 3) is a good start to life in the top league.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Can't even get a job on this new save ha! Does it take a while or have I messed it up? Only put 5 leagues in and the best national coaching badges

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If ye are starting with a low PL team I’ve got a few players who’ll definitely come to you and improve your straight away and aren’t huge money.

Alvarez - StrikerRiver Plate - 6/7million. Lad is lightning fast and can easily hit 20 Pl goals. Has already been capped by Argentina

Ahmedovic- CB, Molde - 7.5 million. Becomes world class.

Almada, Velez AMC, 6 million or Burak Ince the following season. Both get really good

Ronaldo Viera, DM Sampdoria, 7 million

Marc Roca, Bayern Cm, 5 million

Omar Richards, Bayern LB, 4 million

Livakovic, Dinamo GK, 10 million

Abraxas

Can't even get a job on this new save ha! Does it take a while or have I messed it up? Only put 5 leagues in and the best national coaching badges
What leagues have you got on?

That's still fairly low in terms of badges, I suppose. Probably not gonna get you a top job with no experience so that might be part of the problem.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
What leagues have you got on?

That's still fairly low in terms of badges, I suppose. Probably not gonna get you a top job with no experience so that might be part of the problem.
I have on England League two and above, Germany bottom tier and above, Italy is serie b and above. France is two leagues I think and Spain 3 tiers.

Applied for jobs for a good half hour now every time one appears and none will even interview me

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have on England League two and above, Germany bottom tier and above, Italy is serie b and above. France is two leagues I think and Spain 3 tiers.

Applied for jobs for a good half hour now every time one appears and none will even interview me
You’ll probably need to load up some of the naff leagues - Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland etc. Basically leagues that have a team or two in the CL / EL but are a level below the ones you’ve mentioned.

Abraxas

I'm a bit surprised by that, but it's hard to remember what badges correlate to what level. Also, when you start from scratch I guess the game factors in experience and history you've built up playing the game whereas you're fresh off the boat.

You could just put maximum badges and experience, and take the job you want. To be honest the badge system isn't crucial to playing this way. You can make your own call on realistic or unrealistic progression. Badges are just clicking a button and asking the board to send you on a course.

bosnian_red

I was applying for the jobs that interested me.
I loaded the top 4 from England, top 2 leagues from Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Scotland.
I picked full pro badges and then national level for playing experience, which I was able to get the Ajax job with (but didn't even get an interview for Newcastle in the first summer, nor in the 2nd summer when they were changing managers again).

Last edited:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Forgot to mention I had Netherlands top two tiers but nothing from teams like Telstar etc. It was rough lads, just knocked it off!

Gonna leave it now and go again tomorrow from scratch with higher badges and just pick a team I like the sound of

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forgot to mention I had Netherlands top two tiers but nothing from teams like Telstar etc. It was rough lads, just knocked it off!

Gonna leave it now and go again tomorrow from scratch with higher badges and just pick a team I like the sound of
If your PC can handle more leagues, load up Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Serbia. Maybe some Asian/South American leagues.

South American leagues are always fun

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I got a job!!! Loads and loads of teams turned me down after interview then I eventually got the Bodo/Glimt job. Buzzing with that, I was interviewed for much worse and didn't get them

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
don’t do it. Go around Europe some more before you go to the bottomless pits of money in England
Yeah I'm back on my save today after a break and I've turned it down. Got lots of offers coming in now I've got my A Licence.

MUFC OK

I have not played this edition yet, but as a complete and utter guess - Jude Bellingham's brother is probably worth signing on a pre-contract.

MUFC OK

It's funny because these were basically mainstays in my FM20 save, along with Ait Nouri, Fabio Silva, Locatelli, Kluivert, Upamecano, Dest.

Vershaeren, Ihattaren and Pau Torres basically completed my squad.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Getting weird crashes out of nowhere in my second season and I’m scared :lol:

Removed all my graphic and skins so hopefully it’s stable now.

bosnian_red

Getting weird crashes out of nowhere in my second season and I’m scared :lol:

Removed all my graphic and skins so hopefully it’s stable now.
Yeah my Fiorentina save was unable to load, but luckily there was a backup saved from a few in game weeks prior (had to make all my summer signings again). Not sure what it is.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah my Fiorentina save was unable to load, but luckily there was a backup saved from a few in game weeks prior (had to make all my summer signings again). Not sure what it is.
Had 3 crashes in the same week before I took my skin and graphics out. Been fine since so I'm going to test which one is the problem later!