Gaming Football Manager 2022

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has the game always been a bit bugged when it comes to leagues that are timed differently to the PL etc.? Half my squad is upset in April because they aren't getting enough playing time to be in the National Team. There have only been 2 games so far in the season (It's an April start in Norway). :rolleyes: :lol:

Lebowski

The national team dynamics definitely seem to be a bit bugged.

I'm in 2023 with United and Mason Greenwood has just demanded a conversation with me.... "I need to move to a bigger club in order for me to improve my chances of being involved in the national team setup".

Mason, you've just turned 21, are already a regular for England (16 goals in 11 games), play for the league champions and have just won the treble. In fact, you are on international duty right now at the World Cup in Qatar.

I'm probably going to have to sell him because the last time I dared to go against a player's wishes and didn't give Lindelof the game time he wanted, half of the squad mutinied and threatened to resign because I dared use Lindelof as a squad player. They'll murder me if I refuse to make Mason's dream of playing for... Bournemouth? come true.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That national team thing must be new, don't think I've ever had a player complain about it.

NoLogo

Took me a while to find a good balance between possession and aggressiveness, but I feel like I have arrived there now. Currently my Barca side is averaging 58% possession, second in the league, with 92% passing success rate while still getting results and now leading the league in goals scored.
Only player I bought was Miguel Gutierrez from Madrid Castilla because my scouts rated him an A+ signing for the future and I shipped off Alba to Juve, which left mit with Baldé as my only left FB.

Offloaded almost all the old guard players and players who earned too much, apart from Piqué and Sergio. Piqué is a bench warmer though, while Sergio is still a regular starter for me. Coutinho went to Newcastle, Dembele to PSG. Actually got a decent fee from those newly riches from Newcastle who with bonuses might end up paying me €93M for him. Dembele with only half a year left on his contract went for €28M, better than nothing I guess.

So my wage budget is looking okay right now. I have no one earning over 230k in the squad right now and am well within my wage budget.

Now looking to bring in young Spanish players or max 18 years of age players from other countries so I can turn them into home-grown players. Also made the loan move for Yusuf Demir a permanent move for 10M, looks like a quality talent so far.

Despite selling players for over €120M my transfer budget is still pretty shite. About €78M currently, I'll probably try to go all in for Moukoko at almost all other positions I have decent talents or haven really found someone I would go all in for.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The Rosenborg team I have created is disgusting. :lol: We have played 8 games so far in the league and my winger is already one away from the assist record.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
:drool:

Can't be doing too badly if they kept you in the job so you'll have a good chance at coming straight back up. That will probably open up your job options as well.
The Rosenborg team I have created is disgusting. :lol: We have played 8 games so far in the league and my winger is already one away from the assist record.
Rosenborg are incredible in my save. I aspire to be like them

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The national team dynamics definitely seem to be a bit bugged.

I'm in 2023 with United and Mason Greenwood has just demanded a conversation with me.... "I need to move to a bigger club in order for me to improve my chances of being involved in the national team setup".

Mason, you've just turned 21, are already a regular for England (16 goals in 11 games), play for the league champions and have just won the treble. In fact, you are on international duty right now at the World Cup in Qatar.

I'm probably going to have to sell him because the last time I dared to go against a player's wishes and didn't give Lindelof the game time he wanted, half of the squad mutinied and threatened to resign because I dared use Lindelof as a squad player. They'll murder me if I refuse to make Mason's dream of playing for... Bournemouth? come true.
Just stand strong... I joined Fiorentina and refused to sell Vlahovic and a few others. Half the squad started bitching every week, I just ignored them and kept playing them, eventually they dropped it and decided staying at Fiorentina was a good option as we were doing well.

Rest assured I'll sell them off when I get a good replacement... but they all did drop their complaints.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Started a career with East Fife. Decided that I needed a bit of a boost to begin with so gave my manager a couple of coaching badges and a previous career as a NATIONAL LEVEL player.

First meeting with the team I tell them that we won't be relegated and they get angry with me, saying that I'm expecting too much of them. I didn't realise that the players had been gaslit as much as their abused partners are (they're from East Fife so obviously they're all roid rage, car stealing wankers).

Pre season went well. We're second bottom in the league after ten games but have a game in hand that can lift us a couple of positions of we win it. My players are still pissed off at me because I think we'll beat the drop. No matter what I do, the feckers keep moaning. So I've decided at the end of the season I'm buggering off to somewhere better, maybe even a nicer town. Like Prypyat.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Does anyone play this on their laptop via the Xbox app? (Free on game pass)

When I'm working during the day I waa thinking of running some editor saves for a laugh. Could do peopl from here and I'm going to do one with my mates as players.

Not sure how to get the editor with this version though ?

NoLogo

Jeez, in my first season with Barca I had to abandon the possession tactic in favor of a more direct attacking style and bam I went on a 10 game winning streak that saw me climb from 5th to 1st on the 37th game day beating Sevilla to the title by 1 meager point. It's almost laughable how much better we perform since we switched to a direct style oh yeah and I also switched to a Tuchel style 3421 which works like a charm.

In Manchester United news, Ole the idiot just threw away a 2 goal half-time lead against Bayern by switching at half-time to a super defensive 3511. And Bayern mounted a 3 goal comeback to be crowned champions of Europe. Well done Ole, well done.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Getting to the end of my first season with Fiorentina.. in 2nd place currently, 67 points in 30 games, but Inter running away with it.

Brought Wober in in January, and then agreed a deal to bring in Szoboszlai in the summer for 4.5m up front and a further 11m in bonuses/installments, which was nice and cheap. Wanted Wirtz but he was way too pricy and went to Dortmund. My budget is 10m only... so have to use it wisely. Still need a right back and then might bring in a midfielder on loan if something comes up as I'm selling the previous depth I had.

Vlahovic has 25 goals in 25 games but then m complained when I subbed him out, but he keeps performing so I dunno. Tempted to sell him if I can get 70m+ for him. Can move Adeyami through the middle or buy Sesko or use Piccoli who looks decent as my depth striker. Surprised the team has done so well though, pretty much controlled every game.

Pretty hard to take the next step up though. No budget to make more than 1 signing per summer, and I have to sell some players anyway to do so. CL football next season should be a huge cash injection at least.

GueRed

Haven't played this since 2016. Where's the best place to get the player and logo packs? I'm on sortitoutsi at the moment and the bastards want me to pay to download them.
The mega facepack is free! But its in 17 parts so will take some time to download. Took me a few days.

I just have to install them now which apparently takes a while too.

GueRed

With PES dead this year I'm going give this game a proper go. (bought FM21 but couldnt be arsed)

Havent played it since Championship Manager 2003.

sebsheep

Started a career with East Fife. Decided that I needed a bit of a boost to begin with so gave my manager a couple of coaching badges and a previous career as a NATIONAL LEVEL player.

First meeting with the team I tell them that we won't be relegated and they get angry with me, saying that I'm expecting too much of them. I didn't realise that the players had been gaslit as much as their abused partners are (they're from East Fife so obviously they're all roid rage, car stealing wankers).

Pre season went well. We're second bottom in the league after ten games but have a game in hand that can lift us a couple of positions of we win it. My players are still pissed off at me because I think we'll beat the drop. No matter what I do, the feckers keep moaning. So I've decided at the end of the season I'm buggering off to somewhere better, maybe even a nicer town. Like Prypyat.
Sounds like a fun save :lol:

sebsheep

After looking for some save ideas I stumbled across a team in the Swiss 2nd division called Vaduz. They're actually from Lichtenstein and can't qualify for the Europe through the league. They do play in the a Lichtenstein Cup that will get you into the Europa conference league qualifiers. So to get to the CL you have to win the conference league and then the Europa league the next year. It's probably almost impossible.

K Stand Knut

https://www.wfcsa.co.uk/shop/index....football-manager-2020&controller=product&s=09

Full game available here for £20 if anybody hasn't bought yet.

They're will also be a competition for a free copy (which is currently in my car) that I'll share on Saturday.
Ive given in and bought this. Couldn’t be bothered to wait until Christmas.

Anybody else bought it and know the process for downloading it? Whenever I go to the guest order section, it just takes me to the shop again

Lay

Quite frustrated at the moment. Managed to win the title on the last day of the season with Kristiansund but the crashing is really doing my head in and I'm literally saving after every 3/4 days and every match to try and battle through it.

Built a really nice team too which I really just want to play with but the issues are really taking away my motivation.

Getting some help on the SI forum to hopefully fix it but may have to start all over again FFS
I’ve always saved after a game, I got a crash in an old FM that ruined my save so for years now, I just save before and after a game.

Lay

I haven’t played my Napoli save in a few days because I’ve actually been in Naples :lol: Trying to bring my save into real life

sebsheep

Ive given in and bought this. Couldn’t be bothered to wait until Christmas.

Anybody else bought it and know the process for downloading it? Whenever I go to the guest order section, it just takes me to the shop again
Did you get an email with a code in?

sebsheep

I haven’t played my Napoli save in a few days because I’ve actually been in Naples :lol: Trying to bring my save into real life
I'm sure I read a story a while ago about a guy who convinced his wife to go to a place on holiday so he could go and watch a team he'd managed on FM.

Siorac

So I've decided at the end of the season I'm buggering off to somewhere better, maybe even a nicer town. Like Prypyat.
:lol: now I want to see Methil which wikipedia tells me is the home of East Fife.

Lebowski

Just stand strong... I joined Fiorentina and refused to sell Vlahovic and a few others. Half the squad started bitching every week, I just ignored them and kept playing them, eventually they dropped it and decided staying at Fiorentina was a good option as we were doing well.

Rest assured I'll sell them off when I get a good replacement... but they all did drop their complaints.
Interesting.

I decided to cave to his demands and transfer list him for £200 million (which he apparently thinks is a fair value), but next time I'm just going to dig my heels in and refuse, then tell them all to kick rocks when they mutiny.

Funnily enough, England have just won the World Cup in Qatar with Greenwood scoring both goals against Portugal in the final. I'd like to think he'll now realise that he doesn't need a transfer to play for the national team, but who knows... maybe he thinks if he gets his dream move to Newcastle he'll score a hat trick in the 2026 final...

Lebowski

With PES dead this year I'm going give this game a proper go. (bought FM21 but couldnt be arsed)

Havent played it since Championship Manager 2003.
Be prepared for a serious amount of admin.

I almost bailed before the season started because I found the daily meetings with staff, scouts, board members, players etc more tedious than my day job. When you get into the flow of regular matches and know what you can skip / delegate it's much more fun though.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Be prepared for a serious amount of admin.

I almost bailed before the season started because I found the daily meetings with staff, scouts, board members, players etc more tedious than my day job. When you get into the flow of regular matches and know what you can skip / delegate it's much more fun though.
You can skip a lot more of them from the start right...

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
I was on flash scores last night and noticed Bodo/Glimt were playing. Went on to the highlights to put a face to the names of the people who were shit in my save and got me the sack...

K Stand Knut

Did you get an email with a code in?
Yeah.

Initially it gave me two options to sign in as a member and check and to check the order status as a guest.

I checked as a guest with the code and nothing. Tried to sign up as a member and still nothing.

Ive e-mailed them but had 3 e-mails. One to confirm order. One to confirm payment and another to confirm delivery of the order

Hoof the ball

It's 2025 for me.

Started as an unemployed Sunday league footballer and got the Helmond Sport job in Dec 2021. Finished 6th in my first season with them and won the Dutch Second Division the year after. Then moved to Partizan Belgrade in 2023 and have just won two consecutive titles and a domestic cup.

I make my own tactics but currently going for a vertical tiki-taki style. Wingbacks push high, we press high but retain possession when we win it back. I ease off on those tactics if winning a game comfortably, to save energy.
Ever more important in this iteration of the game. Possibly the best thing they did in this version was to nerf the stamina and make the quality and intensity of the press dependent upon player fitness levels and mental stats (decisions, aggression, anticipation). That way, if you want to play gegenpress or whathaveyou, then you need to recruit for that style rather than it just simply working for everyone. Also, puts an emphasis on being smart, and like you do, sometimes prioritising on possession being retained to recover energy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ever more important in this iteration of the game. Possibly the best thing they did in this version was to nerf the stamina and make the quality and intensity of the press dependent upon player fitness levels and mental stats (decisions, aggression, anticipation). That way, if you want to play gegenpress or whathaveyou, then you need to recruit for that style rather than it just simply working for everyone. Also, puts an emphasis on being smart, and like you do, sometimes prioritising on possession being retained to recover energy.
Yeah I conceded an obscene amount of last minute goals before I changed to my current tactics. They were always in 90+ minutes which was just irritating. Never around 85 or something.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Yeah I conceded an obscene amount of last minute goals before I changed to my current tactics. They were always in 90+ minutes which was just irritating. Never around 85 or something.
I always concede what look like easy easy goals late on due to my players being shattered. Is it best to simply adjust my formation when i want to shut up shop? Or can i have a second formation to switch to which is for seeing the game out

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I always concede what look like easy easy goals late on due to my players being shattered. Is it best to simply adjust my formation when i want to shut up shop? Or can i have a second formation to switch to which is for seeing the game out
You can have whatever you want. If you set up multiple tactics so you're fluid in them and practice them in friendlies then your team becomes more competent to them so during the season they are already capable of playing in each. It's quite easy to switch to the tactic in game. What I have been doing with my Rosenborg side is a higher tempo gegenpress tactic for my 1st choice and then switching to a lower tempo control possession tactic from the 60th min onwards if I am winning by 2+ goals to preserve energy. Same formation but different style.

Hoof the ball

Yep!

If you drop the defensive line, but don't drop the intensity and line of engagement, you leave big holes in midfield.
If you increase the defensive line, but not the intensity of the press, you leave them with lots of time to put a long ball over your back line.

This is why I always increase or decrease line of engagement, defensive line and press intensity together, one click up or down.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It's the second season, I'm playing CL, but no super cups or anything like that. So why am I 2-3 games behind everyone else? It's incredible how lazy SI are with implementing all these things. First year VAR was the same, 100% correction rate, yet you would have to sit through 10 seconds of animation.

Lebowski

You can skip a lot more of them from the start right...
Yeah, you can skip basically everything right from the start if you like.

This was the first FM I've played for about a decade though so I wanted to see the 'new' features and learn what I needed to skip without it causing me issues.

For me at least, coming from an old FM to a new one it was the new level of admin required that stood out the most. It might as well have been called 'office job simulator 2022' for the first couple days I played it - weekly meetings with recruitment, the board, the analytics department, being bombarded with social media reaction to every decision etc.