Gaming Football Manager 2022

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Tell us your secret @Solius , because we all know that going “very attacking” is 100% nailed on to stop any highlights for the rest of the game!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tell us your secret @Solius , because we all know that going “very attacking” is 100% nailed on to stop any highlights for the rest of the game!
Tbh I just spam Demand More :lol: I find changing anything tactically usually makes it worse.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So in an odd twist it turns out that the Belarusian Cup takes place 50% in one season and 50% in the next. We walked into a QF and went onto won the thing giving us a Europa Conference qualifying spot for this very season! Completely messed with our schedule but we managed to progress through to the actual group stage.
Drawn against Malmo, CSKA Sofía, Jablonec.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have a young RB on loan at Burnley in the Championship. He is easily their best RB but hasn't played a single game (it's October).

I speak to the manager and the response? "He's playing often enough".

NoLogo

I'm starting to suspect my players are slightly mentally challenged. At least my GKs are. My GK that currently has 14 starts just advocated for me to start the other GK who has 9 starts more often. Congratulations Pavlenka, you played yourself. Fecking mental midget.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bétis Update

After a 3-0 Champions League final loss, we identified 4 areas that we needed to try and improve before next season.

CM (because Saul and Can leaving only left us with one)
RB (Odrizola didn’t have the energy we needed there)
LB (Estupinan tried, but was an average full back)
GK (Hjort has stopped developing at 21 and made a balls of the CL final)

So, we need to sign 5 players basically, and we have no money. We also didn’t want to let go of any of our generation of wonderkids or weaken the first team…

Outs

Odrizola - £2.9 million
Saul - Free
Emre Can - Free
Estupinan - £16 million
Azmedhodzic - £38 million
Hjort - £17.5 million
3 youth players
- -/+ £20 million

I was delighted some of these. The three youth players were never going to be good enough and have sell on fees attached. Azmedhodzic was just a good defender and Inter and Leicester got involved in a bidding war which ended up adding 15 million extra to the final fee! Lots of wage freed up too!

Ins

Palacios
- £33 million
Valverde - £25 million
Yildrum - £14 million
Cucurella - Loan
Maximenko - £13 million
Jaime Ruiz - £525k
Christensen - £10 million
Marquinhos - Free

Our biggest and most expensive summer ever since we started in management 7 years ago, but what a summer! We got the players we needed for all the key areas and even picked up a potential bargain!

Palacios and Valverde are in their prime and massively improve us in the center of the park. Christensen is a youngster who will have to break his way into the side past those two.

Maximenko is a better keeper and means we have a safe and experienced pair of hands in goal. He was sitting on the bench at Arsenal and happy to come!

Yildrum is a young RB with the energy that we need to get forward and more involved in our attacking phase and Cucurella is the perfect Spanish signing, both for registration and for the quality he offers at LB.

Jaime Ruiz is a Peruvian forward with some great stats that showed up in our scouting reports and will be understudy to the great Silvio Ruiz. An unexpected bonus late on in the window!

Marquinhos is now 34, but his stats are still great and there are much older CBs still doing well for bigger teams than us. He will be invaluable experience and a great 3rd/4th option at the back.

So, the very best quality wasn’t accessible for a club with our finances but we have got in some really decent quality and improved where we needed to improve. We should be a better side now, and we should have the depth to comfortably battle on all fronts.

The only issue we have is almost daily transfer stories on 3-4 different players. I have most tied down to deals, but it could be a very messy January…

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm at World Cup 2030 with England (took over after Mourinho got sacked after flopping in the nation's league in 2029). Made the final so far after having a the draw of dreams. Haven't played it yet though.

Quit Wolves after taking over England after 3 good years with Wolves. Managed to win the league and CL in my last season with them, and then as per usual some of the young stars start getting poached. Built a great team though. First season after me they reached the CL semi final and finished 2nd in the league too. Think it's just really important to have star CB's. Fiorentina still going strong, regular top 4 team in Series A after me and reached the CL final now, but lost as the insane CB prospect i bought while I was there (who is basically Van Dijk regen) got injured and Moukoko got injured. Kind of want to go back there just to take the next step and win the CL after I left before I had a real chance. International football management is meh though. Going to leave after the WC and hope to get a good Bundesliga team and hold out until United becomes available.

Lay

Mourinho retired in 2026 after failing to get out the first round of the WC with Belgium :lol:

After Moscow, I struggled to get a job in the summer. I was approached by Hamburg but turned it down. 3 games into the season and I was approached by Hertha Berlin! They’re a UCL side, finished 3rd last season. They’ve already played Bayern and Dortmund away this season so that’s good for me.

My first game is after the international break, my UCL group is difficult, Man City, Real Madrid and Shakhtar.

The squad is good, some good regens and the likes of Dennis Man and Livramento in the squad.

bosnian_red

I'm at World Cup 2030 with England (took over after Mourinho got sacked after flopping in the nation's league in 2029). Made the final so far after having a the draw of dreams. Haven't played it yet though.

Quit Wolves after taking over England after 3 good years with Wolves. Managed to win the league and CL in my last season with them, and then as per usual some of the young stars start getting poached. Built a great team though. First season after me they reached the CL semi final and finished 2nd in the league too. Think it's just really important to have star CB's. Fiorentina still going strong, regular top 4 team in Series A after me and reached the CL final now, but lost as the insane CB prospect i bought while I was there (who is basically Van Dijk regen) got injured and Moukoko got injured. Kind of want to go back there just to take the next step and win the CL after I left before I had a real chance. International football management is meh though. Going to leave after the WC and hope to get a good Bundesliga team and hold out until United becomes available.
Beat Italy 2-1! Got outplayed in this one but worked out. Trusted 32 year old Rashford with in my team after Mourinho wasn't calling him up. Scored 9 goals and got 4 assists in 6 games. Won the golden ball. Now to resign and see who'll take me...

Edit: Wanted to go back to Fiorentina so did some feckery and added a manager/retired right away to make them available. Feel pretty happy of going all this way without doing any quit and reloads and not buying the editor or anything like that. Only one time did a reload when I accepted a national team job while in discussion with a club job thinking I could get both, but it made me cancel negotiations with the club. 2030, on to cement myself as a Fiorentina legend (currently just a favoured personnel...), and then wait out the United job (Roger Schmidt just won the league and CL in the same season after going long without it, so it'll be a while.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Why is the coaching staff always all fecked up on clubs. Fiorentina somehow have 2 assistant managers both until 2033, and the one is asking for 1.2mil for a mutual termination.

sebsheep

Erm, what?

Finished 3rd in the league in the end, did have a small chance at the title going into the last day.
Also finished 3rd in my Europa Conference league group, would have actually gone through had this series of events in the game not happened:
-CB makes a daft foul and gets himself a 2nd yellow
-resulting freekick hits the post
-ball drops to my player, who tries to pass back into a crowded 6 yard box
-they intercept and score.

:lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why is the coaching staff always all fecked up on clubs. Fiorentina somehow have 2 assistant managers both until 2033, and the one is asking for 1.2mil for a mutual termination.
for some reason this is a thing in this version. Loads of clubs have two assistants. I’ve accidentally done it myself before and it wouldn’t let me pick which assistant I wanted to do things. It would only let me pick the one that was at the club initially.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Erm, what?

Finished 3rd in the league in the end, did have a small chance at the title going into the last day.
Also finished 3rd in my Europa Conference league group, would have actually gone through had this series of events in the game not happened:
-CB makes a daft foul and gets himself a 2nd yellow
-resulting freekick hits the post
-ball drops to my player, who tries to pass back into a crowded 6 yard box
-they intercept and score.

:lol:
That was in the last version too. I don’t think you can do it to other clubs though annoyingly.

NoLogo

I'm at the point where I'm intentionally mean to the players who pissed me off and just tell them no matter how good they played that their performance was abysmal. :lol:

Also, quite funny that I can end a game with 8 yellow cards for 12 fouls while my opponents manage 17 fouls and two yellow cars, seems fair.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have taken a break from the journeyman save as my PSG side didn’t feel like football manager anymore as it was too good. I need the right team to come up so I can do a Solius at Newcastle type thing but can’t be arsed waiting for that right now. Over on the Dulwich Hamlet save I’ve had three players recalled because I wasn’t playing them in the correct position according to the loan deal. I was. They are capable in playing in other positions but I specifically stated where they’d play in the deal. Cheers FM.

bosnian_red

The 2 beastly regens at the heart of my team... Smet was the CB I signed in my first spell with Fiorentina as a random youngster, but I let them loan him til the next season so I never used him. Juliana is just some random guy the previous manager signed. Both 6'3" and both with crazy high physical stats (20 agility for a midfielder at that height is stupid).

NoLogo

Anyone else conceding a stupid amount of goals from indirect free kicks? Not even directly but it seems whenever there is an indirect free kick for my opponent's complete chaos ensues, and they end up having a completely unmarked player scoring. Happens like every other game, it's absurd how many goals I concede that way.

NoLogo

So my fecking pos GK who was whining about to everyone that he wasn't getting enough playing time, and who had for some reason the backing by the entire team, fecked up so many times, that after causing us to concede 2 goals in the EL game against Feyenord I decided to sell him. He was complacent the entire game despite me telling him before the game that I expected a good performance and telling him at half-time, when he already made one mistake, that he wasn't good enough and he still was complacent, fecking hell this guy is so on top of my shit list, feck you, you unprofessional shite bag Florian Müller.

I also decided that everyone who is whinging like mad this season can get fecked and piss off, put them all on the transfer list.

sebsheep

Anyone else conceding a stupid amount of goals from indirect free kicks? Not even directly but it seems whenever there is an indirect free kick for my opponent's complete chaos ensues, and they end up having a completely unmarked player scoring. Happens like every other game, it's absurd how many goals I concede that way.
Can't say I have, the majority of the ones I do are from that player arriving unmarked on the far side of the 6 yard box as the keeper goes awol. I will one day put more effort into trying to solve that issue, I suspect it's impossible though.

sebsheep

The 2 beastly regens at the heart of my team... Smet was the CB I signed in my first spell with Fiorentina as a random youngster, but I let them loan him til the next season so I never used him. Juliana is just some random guy the previous manager signed. Both 6'3" and both with crazy high physical stats (20 agility for a midfielder at that height is stupid).
Libero time!

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
No, we're not up. Not I honestly can't tell you why.

I've decided I'm just shit this year, no other explanation.

8 fecking years I've been in this league. 8 years. It's got to the point where goingbup doesn't even feel like an achievement anymore. 8 years, feck me.

We were 4 points clear at the top in Jan, with a game in hand. And then it happened (again) that shitty period where every twat just forgets how to play. We finished 8th. That is unacceptable. There's an achievement for staying at one club for 10 years. I'm so tempted to holiday through the next 2 years then throw my laptop in the bin.

I genuinely have no idea whatvwent wrong or why and I've given up.

feck.

This.

Game.

NoLogo

Ah you gotta love it, opposition manager says you late winner was undeserved. 12-0 shots on goal for my team, you disagree, opposition manager calls you "just bitter". Dude I won. How am I the one being bitter here? :lol:

Lay

Hertha Berlin update.

Currently top after 8 games, 3 ahead of 17 in a row Bayern. My UCL is going well too. Beat Real Madrid 3-1 at home, drew 2-2 at Man City and then beat CSKA Moscow 4-2 with a last minute winner.

After the game the press asked if the club are so pleased that they finally beat CSKA Moscow.. I assume this is a carry on from my Lokomotiv Moscow save which has nothing to do with Hertha.

Side note. The Hertha Berlin logo is shite

sebsheep

No, we're not up. Not I honestly can't tell you why.

I've decided I'm just shit this year, no other explanation.

8 fecking years I've been in this league. 8 years. It's got to the point where goingbup doesn't even feel like an achievement anymore. 8 years, feck me.

We were 4 points clear at the top in Jan, with a game in hand. And then it happened (again) that shitty period where every twat just forgets how to play. We finished 8th. That is unacceptable. There's an achievement for staying at one club for 10 years. I'm so tempted to holiday through the next 2 years then throw my laptop in the bin.

I genuinely have no idea whatvwent wrong or why and I've given up.

feck.

This.

Game.
I don't like winning for too long, nevermind being rubbish. :lol:

Might be time for a new save/team.

sebsheep

So I left Dinamo Minsk for Livingston in the Scottish prem. They might not be there at the end of the season though. 26 games in and they are rock bottom, 7 points from the relegation play-off spot and 8 points from full safety. They don't even have 1 half decent striker. :nervous:

NoLogo

Bermen update.

After selling Florian Müller it seems the squad has gotten a bit calmer again and our results have been quite good in the second half of the season. After 28 games we are in 3rd place of the Bundesliga, 2 points behind RB Leipzig who couldn't keep their top spot, which is now Bayern again not having lost a single game in their last 14 matches.

We are also still in the Europa League and the DFB Cup which is putting quite a strain on my small squad, but I could prevent too many fatigued players by rotating a lot. Europa League I have to play Tottenham, who are probably a number too big for me, but DFB-Pokal I'm going to play second league outfit Union Berlin, so I have a real shot at maybe making it to the final.

That being said, Bremen's youth facilities are shite and their youth player intake is absolutely horrible, the two best youngsters were both C level players. At some stage I considered staying at Bremen for a couple more years, but I don't really want to make this a club development game, but I think I'll create a save game fork at the end of the season, so if I consider coming back to a game where I just keep developing Bremen into a top club.

The only worry I currently have, not a single decent club has shown any interest in hiring me. So I might very well only get worse job offers after my contract at Bremen is up. :nervous:

sebsheep

Oh dear this lot are hopeless.
5 penalties conceded in our 6 games in charge. 2 draws and 4 losses. Only half decent keeper out injured. Striker putting in consistent low 6 ratings. Have a CB on loan from City, guy kicked a ball into a guys face to help us concede and then conceded a penalty in the same game. He's valued at £18-20m. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
I've got three games in a row vs City. Two away, Champions League semi final, Premier League and then return leg at home.

NoLogo

Mixed end to the season. Lost a lot of games towards the end but ended up with a 4th place and winning the DFB-Pokal against Eintracht, 3-1. Had to play them again in the EL final, where we lost 3-0 thanks to Hannibal getting sent off early in the first half. I was still so furious over the stupid loss that I threw a couple of bottle at my players and resigned directly after the game. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hertha Berlin update.

Currently top after 8 games, 3 ahead of 17 in a row Bayern. My UCL is going well too. Beat Real Madrid 3-1 at home, drew 2-2 at Man City and then beat CSKA Moscow 4-2 with a last minute winner.

After the game the press asked if the club are so pleased that they finally beat CSKA Moscow.. I assume this is a carry on from my Lokomotiv Moscow save which has nothing to do with Hertha.

Side note. The Hertha Berlin logo is shite
Sorry but you cannot claim a 4 - 2 win had a “last minute winner”. Denied.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it’s too hard to get top jobs. If I’m a UCL winner and multiple league winner, top teams should be falling over themselves to hire me.

In my Austria Wien save I won the CL like 5 ye In a row and not once did I get a job offer

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I don't like winning for too long, nevermind being rubbish. :lol:

Might be time for a new save/team.
It makes no sense.

My rightvwonger finished Jan with 17 goals to his name. Finished the season with 18.

How does this happen?? Every single year? How do I stop it? I'm open to suggestions

sebsheep

So Livingston was a massive mistake. Relegated because.. Well they were always getting relegated. Genuinely the worst set of players I've managed in years, I'd stopped speaking to them at the end of the season. No transfer budget for the next season and a drop in wages that negated the work I'd been doing to create space for a rebuild.

Got myself fired after applying for another job, which has become a lot harder as that few months in Scotland has seen me lose 1/2 a star in rating. :rolleyes:

Nickosaur

End of season 2 at Llanelli Town and decided to leave at the end of my contract. Finished 2nd in the Welsh top flight, miles behind TNS but otherwise an incredible achievement and I won manager of the year again.

Applied for a few jobs - no clubs higher than 2 star reputation - but had no luck, and some even laughed me off! :lol: Was starting to worry I wouldn't be able to find anywhere for a while.

Then I got an interview for Kuban Krasnodar in Russian 2nd division. While they are favourites for relegation, the league is ranked 54th, miles above the Welsh PL (110th) and anywhere else I applied for. So at the very least it should help build my reputation quicker??

Kuban are financially fecked though. Tiny squad yet already well over their wage budget, so I can't make any permanent signings. My only option is to find players who can be loaned without paying wages :lol:

NoLogo

I think it’s too hard to get top jobs. If I’m a UCL winner and multiple league winner, top teams should be falling over themselves to hire me.

In my Austria Wien save I won the CL like 5 ye In a row and not once did I get a job offer
First off, amazing thing you actually won the CL with anything but a world-class team, think the last time I managed that was in FM 2017 with an exploit tactic, where I won the CL with Darmstadt. :lol:

But yeah that seems a bit weird, that you are not getting any job offers, one would think pretty much any top PL club would at least offer you job interviews as often as they need new managers. I'm also a bit weirded out about job offers. After 3 seasons at Bremen where I managed a 2. league win, a DFB-Pokal team and two top 4 finishes, with a team that's quite shite I would expect at least one of the medium quality teams would at least consider me. Tottenham, who I kicked out of the CL, for example they hired a new manager a couple of days ago and didn't even invite me for an interview, high and mighty bastards probably think they can do better than me. :mad: