Gaming Football Manager 2022

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Since the start of the window one of my players has been under constant bid by League 1 - Championship clubs due to a release clause he has in his contract. Problem is that he keeps getting rejected work permits. Does the game realise this in the code and stop clubs bidding? Nah, It's been a 3 month cycle of bid, acceptance, rejected work permit.

NoLogo

I thought they would have addressed this. It’s a good tournament to pick up long term injuries that’s for sure.
They ain't fixing shit over there at SI headquarters, the CWC troubles have been a problem for since beta I think and loads of people have reported it, nothing happened so far. Seems like they are too busy working on new, useless gimmicks instead of fixing shite, that's already in the game.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

1st season in the top division and we ended up winning it quite easily in the end, only really climbed to the top in the 2nd half of the season but went into the league splitting at 33 games with a 7 point lead and took it home.
My contract was supposed to be up at the end of the season so I went to holiday 2-3 weeks to get me closer to it and the game auto-signed a new contract for me. :lol:
A few decent jobs around that I'm applying for but been turned down by most so far. Could end up staying, an ACL run wouldn't be too bad tbf.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've just had a rivalry 'develop'. That's a new one. It's with Spurs.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Bétis Update

League

Third season in the job and this was our best league performance since the start of the save 8 years ago. Over 100 goals, 104 points and an absolute chasm of a gap at the end as teams fell away. We are the best team in Spain now and that makes it three La Ligas in a row. Real Madrid came second, and Barcelona just made the CL on the last day after we beat Atletico.

Copa

I thought this was finally the season where we lost the Copa del Rey. We have to at some stage. We skirted past Sevilla and we’re 2-1 down to Almería with two minutes left. We went very attacking…and it actually worked!! I had already accepted we were out!

We beat Valencia well in the first leg, and thank goodness because the game decided to play the second in the middle of an international break and we just about squeaked through with no first team CBs. A horrible game to watch.

We beat Real Madrid in the final 2-1, which was great because it came right after…

Champions’ League

…us bombing out of the CL. Chelsea this time in the quarter final with a last minute goal. It was gutting. We only have £1.4 million La Liga registration limit, só having to compete with these English sides that have 3 players worth our whole budget might be too tough a nut to crack

All in all, it’s a fantastic season for a club like Bétis again. We now have 3 La Ligas, 3 Copa del Reys and 1 Supercup in the time I have been here.

In NLTL saves though, the CL is the point that the save finishes and I am ready for that now, so if a job at a giant arises, I may have to leave to finish the save.

A lot of our top players would be getting 10 times more at another club, so it’s only a matter do time before we have to break up the side.

Entering the summer, despite a top season, we are left thinking “where do we go from here?”

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
You know the story, top, playing well and boom. Off you pop to shitland like the tinpot tosspots you really are.

Feb this time. Strikers decide to leave their feet at home. Opposition starts merging into prime 70's Brazil 3 times and we lose three zip after having 715 shots on goal.

At least I stabilised and finished 5th. Lost in play off semi 1-0 and of course their keeper was Gordon Banks clone.

I've turned down three championship clubs this season. Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Barnsley all offered me interviews, so did St Mirran of the Scottish Premier league, which actually appealed to me to be honest. But I stuck with it, just for my fecking lemons in disguise to let me down.

At least if I stick it out for one more year I'll get that achievement, then I might consider offers.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We lost in the playoffs in my first year in the VNL. Similarly to roland's issues, we hit a brick wall. Thankfully my players were hitting good potential and the next season we have been promoted without many hiccups - we hit good mid season form and thankfully were uncatchable. We have moved into a new stadium as our old one didn't meet the requirements and we have been lucky enough to have been taken over which means that our future projection looks healthy and we should have a sustainable future at this level.

sebsheep

Bétis Update

League

Third season in the job and this was our best league performance since the start of the save 8 years ago. Over 100 goals, 104 points and an absolute chasm of a gap at the end as teams fell away. We are the best team in Spain now and that makes it three La Ligas in a row. Real Madrid came second, and Barcelona just made the CL on the last day after we beat Atletico.

Copa

I thought this was finally the season where we lost the Copa del Rey. We have to at some stage. We skirted past Sevilla and we’re 2-1 down to Almería with two minutes left. We went very attacking…and it actually worked!! I had already accepted we were out!

We beat Valencia well in the first leg, and thank goodness because the game decided to play the second in the middle of an international break and we just about squeaked through with no first team CBs. A horrible game to watch.

We beat Real Madrid in the final 2-1, which was great because it came right after…

Champions’ League

…us bombing out of the CL. Chelsea this time in the quarter final with a last minute goal. It was gutting. We only have £1.4 million La Liga registration limit, só having to compete with these English sides that have 3 players worth our whole budget might be too tough a nut to crack

All in all, it’s a fantastic season for a club like Bétis again. We now have 3 La Ligas, 3 Copa del Reys and 1 Supercup in the time I have been here.

In NLTL saves though, the CL is the point that the save finishes and I am ready for that now, so if a job at a giant arises, I may have to leave to finish the save.

A lot of our top players would be getting 10 times more at another club, so it’s only a matter do time before we have to break up the side.

Entering the summer, despite a top season, we are left thinking “where do we go from here?”
Yeah, not surprised that you're struggling to compete in the CL with a budget so much smaller.

sebsheep

You know the story, top, playing well and boom. Off you pop to shitland like the tinpot tosspots you really are.

Feb this time. Strikers decide to leave their feet at home. Opposition starts merging into prime 70's Brazil 3 times and we lose three zip after having 715 shots on goal.

At least I stabilised and finished 5th. Lost in play off semi 1-0 and of course their keeper was Gordon Banks clone.

I've turned down three championship clubs this season. Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Barnsley all offered me interviews, so did St Mirran of the Scottish Premier league, which actually appealed to me to be honest. But I stuck with it, just for my fecking lemons in disguise to let me down.

At least if I stick it out for one more year I'll get that achievement, then I might consider offers.
Deserve a stadium named after you tbh. You've done your time with grace.

sebsheep

Ended up leaving for a job with Slovan Bratislava in the Slovak 1st division. They have won 8 league titles in a row and I joined with them top of the league 19 games into a 32 game season. Won 9 in a row and we have another title. Easiest job so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ended up leaving for a job with Slovan Bratislava in the Slovak 1st division. They have won 8 league titles in a row and I joined with them top of the league 19 games into a 32 game season. Won 9 in a row and we have another title. Easiest job so far.
I do miss this part of my save, but I am very invested in my team despite winning a lot. I think it helps that I've not edited a single thing this year. Often I'll buy the editor to fix dumb shit like promises and stuff but I end up getting tempted and do things like give myself more money for a player because of AI lowballing, and then I lose interest. It feels earned this time.

I'm third in the Hall of Fame now, behind Pep and Fergie.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hi FM, Zinedine Zidane doesn't give a feck about Mateusz Musialowski who is out of contract this year and is currently playing in League 2. Kindly tell him to stop having conversations with me about why he's playing slightly out of position because he plays better there. Cheers.

Maluco

Thats a nice one to add to the trophy cabinet! What is the tally so far?

Maluco

Hi FM, Zinedine Zidane doesn't give a feck about Mateusz Musialowski who is out of contract this year and is currently playing in League 2. Kindly tell him to stop having conversations with me about why he's playing slightly out of position because he plays better there. Cheers.
I hate this. I refuse to take a loan now unless I can pay the bit extra and remove the recall and position option. I will also try to click it down to squad rotation option if it lets me!

sebsheep

Thats a nice one to add to the trophy cabinet! What is the tally so far?
3 league titles and 1 Cup so far. Not too bad really. Hopefully a good full season here will push me up to 3 stars and I can take a step up. Added in the Belgian league last season so I think that's the biggest one I have now.

sebsheep

I do miss this part of my save, but I am very invested in my team despite winning a lot. I think it helps that I've not edited a single thing this year. Often I'll buy the editor to fix dumb shit like promises and stuff but I end up getting tempted and do things like give myself more money for a player because of AI lowballing, and then I lose interest. It feels earned this time.

I'm third in the Hall of Fame now, behind Pep and Fergie.
Yeah staying interested when you've got to that point in the game is actually very difficult. Getting top 3 on the leaderboard is pretty sweet though!

sebsheep

As a reward for successfully navigating the CL qualifiers we were handed a group of Bayern, AC Milan and Lyon. :nervous:
10,000-1 odds on a CL win.

Last edited:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
playing the xbox cloud gaming version, with Maidstone. Do you ever pick up a player who just blows everything away? His stats are all declining, but he's just scored his 50th goal of the season before the end of Feb.

He even carried us through a little cup run, taking out Birmingham and Sunderland in the FA Cup before getting utterly smashed by Liverpool in the 4th round.

Does anyone know if the game is just way too easy on the xbox version? Not done much to the team, but I'm battering most teams.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
playing the xbox cloud gaming version, with Maidstone. Do you ever pick up a player who just blows everything away? His stats are all declining, but he's just scored his 50th goal of the season before the end of Feb.

He even carried us through a little cup run, taking out Birmingham and Sunderland in the FA Cup before getting utterly smashed by Liverpool in the 4th round.

Does anyone know if the game is just way too easy on the xbox version? Not done much to the team, but I'm battering most teams.
You're in the bottom league, yeah? He's a good player at that level, I had him in my Dulwich save too as my backup but he always performed really well. I think at that level if you have the ability / you're a mature player you usually smash it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

1L, 2D and 3 wins in our last 6 but we managed it on GD. Walsall fully shat themselves to go from 1st to 4th! Very pleased with that as it was super competitive. The top 5 would have all won the league the year before where Wimbledon won it with 78 points.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
You're in the bottom league, yeah? He's a good player at that level, I had him in my Dulwich save too as my backup but he always performed really well. I think at that level if you have the ability / you're a mature player you usually smash it.
Vanarama South.

The guy is lethal with his head. I'd say about 80% of the goals are headers.

Its tight at the top of the league Billericay are one point behind with about 10 games to go. And I have the distraction of the FA trophy to contend with.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Vanarama South.

The guy is lethal with his head. I'd say about 80% of the goals are headers.

Its tight at the top of the league Billericay are one point behind with about 10 games to go. And I have the distraction of the FA trophy to contend with.
Yes, headers are key in the game this year so at lower league where they're usually OP it can be a bit mad.

Maluco

With 15 heading and 18 jumping reach in the Vanarama, he is always going to be unplayable in the air at that level!

No better feeling than having an extremely overpowered player at a lower level and having him carry you to glory :D

Maluco

1L, 2D and 3 wins in our last 6 but we managed it on GD. Walsall fully shat themselves to go from 1st to 4th! Very pleased with that as it was super competitive. The top 5 would have all won the league the year before where Wimbledon won it with 78 points.
Thats a close one. I think it will be a long time before I start far down again. It’s always so tight and I can’t take trawling through trials and more trials. That’s really great progress.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can anyone summarise quickly please? Don't fancy watching the full 15+ mins.

sebsheep

Can anyone summarise quickly please? Don't fancy watching the full 15+ mins.
There are systems in place in game that stop dynamic youth rating functioning in the way SI sold the idea. Things like how popular a sport is in a country and how wealthy a country is are set in stone by the game and affect it quite a bit.
The FA of a country are also less likely to fund country-wide development if you develop your own youth system well enough

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There are systems in place in game that stop dynamic youth rating functioning in the way SI sold the idea. Things like how popular a sport is in a country and how wealthy a country is are set in stone by the game and affect it quite a bit.
The FA of a country are also less likely to fund country-wide development if you develop your own youth system well enough
Yeah, that doesn't sound much at all like the way the feature was advertised. :(

Is there much meaningful difference at all between how it's been implemented and the old 'set in stone' youth ratings of previous versions?

sebsheep

Yeah, that doesn't sound much at all like the way the feature was advertised. :(

Is there much meaningful difference at all between how it's been implemented and the old 'set in stone' youth ratings of previous versions?
I think it depends on what country you're in. In a developed country, with football as a popular sport then you will be able to see the sort of change they advertised. In other countries I don't think there will be too much difference.
The ranking of a country and the financial power of the clubs in a country changing nothing makes little sense with how they portrayed it.

sebsheep

YR is dynamic. That’s not a lie. They never revealed to what extent.
You're being far too generous. There is a tweet saying that the quality of young players coming through will be dictated by the country's standing in world football. Now on the forums they're saying world ranking has no effect.

With there being nothing you can really do to improve the youth rating for certain countries in a save it just becomes a bit pointless for a decent portion of the players it was aimed at.

Maluco

Bétis Update

The plan was to have a quiet summer. We had no real transfer budget, so the idea was to sell Palacios, who had an underwhelming season, and Hannibal, who was a reliable back up, but was worth a few bob. These two would give us enough money to bring in a world class midfielder to rotate with Valverde and Kada. Simple!

We did exactly that. Sold them both for around £60 million (30 each). Happy days! We then went out and spent that money on Declan Rice, who just turned 30 and never left West Ham. We would just get a loan to cover for Hannibal and we were ready. Then….disaster struck….

About 10 days before the Club World Cup started, City bid £100 million for our star Romanian AMC and captain. I reject it because his attributes are just too good all round. They won’t bid again, will they?

They did, and they paid his release clause of £151 million! All of a sudden, our best individual is gone to Man City, who already have Haaland, Mbappe, Vlahovic among others. He is irreplaceable, but we do our best to make some positive signings.

We bring in Higgins and Simpson, two defenders already in my England squad, Al Nouri at left back, and we replace our AMC with Vega, a young Spanish Wonderkid from Liverpool. Stronger squad, but gutted to lose one of my wonderkids after keeping them together for three years. He just became home grown a few days previously :(

Just over a week later…Man City do it again! This time by Wonderkid DLP, Kada, is gone, after they paid up his release clause too. £62 million as he refused to sign a new deal. We scramble again, and pick up Gavi as a replacement, who was at Dortmund. Two of my boys are gone!!

With us reeling, we had to get through the Club World Cup without being able to register new signings. Our Orange fitness players managed to get through to the semi final before everyone left and we had 14 players for the final two games!

Fortunately for us, Chelsea and Man United weren’t fit. We squeezed past Chelsea before needing to go to very attacking to put away United in the final. We finished the game with our sub GK playing attacking midfield! We won because we were fit, not because we were better, but I will take it! World Champions!

With the heart ripped out of our original team, we will soldier on this season, but I will be looking for jobs. I am ready to end the save now our side is being split up.

I got the England job after leaving Spain (and hating every minute of it) and added the Nations League to the trophy cabinet too. The World Cup is in the summer but I doubt we will have the CL title needed to finish the save.

A great summer for football but a horrible one for the team we put together. So many changes and I fear for dynamics and don’t think we will be as potent without our two stars.

sebsheep

Bétis Update

The plan was to have a quiet summer. We had no real transfer budget, so the idea was to sell Palacios, who had an underwhelming season, and Hannibal, who was a reliable back up, but was worth a few bob. These two would give us enough money to bring in a world class midfielder to rotate with Valverde and Kada. Simple!

We did exactly that. Sold them both for around £60 million (30 each). Happy days! We then went out and spent that money on Declan Rice, who just turned 30 and never left West Ham. We would just get a loan to cover for Hannibal and we were ready. Then….disaster struck….

About 10 days before the Club World Cup started, City bid £100 million for our star Romanian AMC and captain. I reject it because his attributes are just too good all round. They won’t bid again, will they?

They did, and they paid his release clause of £151 million! All of a sudden, our best individual is gone to Man City, who already have Haaland, Mbappe, Vlahovic among others. He is irreplaceable, but we do our best to make some positive signings.

We bring in Higgins and Simpson, two defenders already in my England squad, Al Nouri at left back, and we replace our AMC with Vega, a young Spanish Wonderkid from Liverpool. Stronger squad, but gutted to lose one of my wonderkids after keeping them together for three years. He just became home grown a few days previously :(

Just over a week later…Man City do it again! This time by Wonderkid DLP, Kada, is gone, after they paid up his release clause too. £62 million as he refused to sign a new deal. We scramble again, and pick up Gavi as a replacement, who was at Dortmund. Two of my boys are gone!!

With us reeling, we had to get through the Club World Cup without being able to register new signings. Our Orange fitness players managed to get through to the semi final before everyone left and we had 14 players for the final two games!

Fortunately for us, Chelsea and Man United weren’t fit. We squeezed past Chelsea before needing to go to very attacking to put away United in the final. We finished the game with our sub GK playing attacking midfield! We won because we were fit, not because we were better, but I will take it! World Champions!

With the heart ripped out of our original team, we will soldier on this season, but I will be looking for jobs. I am ready to end the save now our side is being split up.

I got the England job after leaving Spain (and hating every minute of it) and added the Nations League to the trophy cabinet too. The World Cup is in the summer but I doubt we will have the CL title needed to finish the save.

A great summer for football but a horrible one for the team we put together. So many changes and I fear for dynamics and don’t think we will be as potent without our two stars.
It's probably time to use the editor to delete City from existence.

Hate having a team stripped with nothing you can do, hopefully the new signings will inspire your team to a CL and you can retire in peace.

Maluco

It's probably time to use the editor to delete City from existence.

Hate having a team stripped with nothing you can do, hopefully the new signings will inspire your team to a CL and you can retire in peace.
Its horrendous, seem to have no control and no upper limit. Their squad is obscene. The CB I bought off them is very good and is in my England squad, but was sitting in their under 23s with no hope of every playing. And they still wanted a fortune for him!