Gaming Football Manager 2023

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Got a bit lost in the news yesterday but was announced and will release on November 8th.

Some interesting stuff

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
With FIFA ending after this version and PES being dead, I wonder if FM will swoop up more licenses.

ben_united

Does anyone know the difference between normal PC version and an ipad touch version?

Stadjer

Own fm15 till fm22, skipped last year. Do i start a new streak?

Dont care about the licences though, you could just download those.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Any new features announced yet? The licenses hardly matter as everyone just gets the instant fix file :lol: Seems like a waste of money to go for when they know everyone does it

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Any new features announced yet? The licenses hardly matter as everyone just gets the instant fix file :lol: Seems like a waste of money to go for when they know everyone does it
Not really, they are waiting with the death of the Queen.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Ill buy the ps5 version but im assuming it won't be possible to upload the rest of the real leagues, clubs and names, which would be abit annoying.

Siorac

Will there be proper mouse support for the console versions? Never played FM on anything but a PC before.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ooh PS5. Won’t be possible to edit stuff though I guess.

Andersonson

The game comes and after you played abit there's a transfer window and the game won't be updated until April with those. Sports "interactive"

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The game comes and after you played abit there's a transfer window and the game won't be updated until April with those. Sports "interactive"
Most people wont even care about the winter transfer update...
Just like by winter, United will have played 15 or so league games, but they're not gonna update them

Andersonson

Most people wont even care about the winter transfer update...
Just like by winter, United will have played 15 or so league games, but they're not gonna update them
Are there any competitors to FM? I miss manager games but tired of FM. It's the same with a new match engine every time. They are a bit like Gillette. Thiner blades, but just really the same as before

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They’re just a database update with different colours these days, not worth purchasing.

Which is exactly why it‘s great that they’re on Gamepass every year now!

Lay

I hope the match engine is a major improvement too. It shouldn’t have taken until March for them to sort out how inside forwards work.

Aside from that, they made players age better (maybe too much) but transfers are still bizarre at times.

Chief123

With FIFA ending after this version and PES being dead, I wonder if FM will swoop up more licenses.
Fifa will still be carrying on but just under a different name. Still the same game.

Few small errors I'd like see fixed.

Weird squad numbers given / changed after a season. I hate seeing outfield players getting #1, or how Schmeichel and Rashford always gets a new number. Probably lots of others players too. If they can't fix it then atleast allow us to manually change numbers in-game with the editor.

Also I feel like it's way too hard to diffuse team drama. If I try to put a player in his place who demands stuff I always end up with most of the team on my back and a loss streak. I always feel like the only option is to make promises. They can get stuffed.

A quality of life change would also be a better way to plan with the DoF. Sometimes I like to have a DoF do stuff, so I check the "initiate transfers" "negotiate" and "finalize" but I'd be cool if they would ask for an OK before doing everything.

A revamp match engine is what i want to see. Why cant they release it at October anyway?
Sports Interactive loves to drop stats so maybe there's an answer somewhere. But FM is played with 2D Classic setting. I refuse to believe people actually view the games in 3d.

SirAF

Ageist
Does anyone know if the PS5 release will be the same as the full PC/Mac one or a watered down version?

Red Star One

Sports Interactive loves to drop stats so maybe there's an answer somewhere. But FM is played with 2D Classic setting. I refuse to believe people actually view the games in 3d.
I used to be such an old schooler too and played 2D until fm19 I guess, but it’s just so much more satisfying to see your players pull off those overhead kicks and do the beautiful touches with 3D.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Does anyone know if the PS5 release will be the same as the full PC/Mac one or a watered down version?
I think it will be full game. Would be pointless to be like FM Mobile, i wouldn't buy it if it was and i think many would feel the same. Fm Mobile is for on the go quick games, people will sit for hours playing the PS5 version and it has all the capabilities to have an in-depth database.

I used to be such an old schooler too and played 2D until fm19 I guess, but it’s just so much more satisfying to see your players pull off those overhead kicks and do the beautiful touches with 3D.
No.

SirAF

Ageist
I think it will be full game. Would be pointless to be like FM Mobile, i wouldn't buy it if it was and i think many would feel the same. Fm Mobile is for on the go quick games, people will sit for hours playing the PS5 version and it has all the capabilities to have an in-depth database.
:drool:

0le

Far less detailed basically.
That is a real shame given that the iPad (air and pro versions) are meant to be pretty damn powerful. I get the 3D stuff, but it should be able to handle the 2D mode and all the detail :/

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Ill buy the ps5 version but im assuming it won't be possible to upload the rest of the real leagues, clubs and names, which would be abit annoying.
It'd be nice if they implement a feature a bit like PES has had in the recent past where you can just download an option file and update it all.

Avoids them paying for licenses but gives the console base a dedicated resource for editing leagues.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It’s not satisfying because it looks fecking abysmal.

Someone posted a comparison and FM15’s 3D engine was a million miles ahead of FM22.

Castia

The big reveal so far is the CL licenses? Jesus christ

They haven’t made any significant upgrade to this game in years. They have a complete free market to exploit and they know that people will buy it regardless because there is no alternative.

NoLogo

The big reveal so far is the CL licenses? Jesus christ

They haven’t made any significant upgrade to this game in years. They have a complete free market to exploit and they know that people will buy it regardless because there is no alternative.
Yeah, basically we end up paying for a database update every year. The changes to the game and new features get implemented very slowly.

I think people who only buy every second year get a far better deal out of it.

Zen

I'd much prefer not to have to delete the fake.inc file for Germany/Japan every update over the CL naming rights .... what a flop. :lol:

sebsheep

The 2D view is much better when developing a Tactic. You can see way more clearly
You can get a very good view on 3D with the right settings, with the advantage of not having to constantly remind yourself that you're not playing tiddlywinks.

Widow

You can get a very good view on 3D with the right settings, with the advantage of not having to constantly remind yourself that you're not playing tiddlywinks.
Personal preference I guess but just like watching Statman Dave or an Atlantis video, the top down view is much better for me. The build up faze look amazing. I don't mind the 3d when I'm confident in the tactic but let's be honest, they too need work.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, basically we end up paying for a database update every year. The changes to the game and new features get implemented very slowly.

I think people who only buy every second year get a far better deal out of it.
Man I miss FIFA Manager. Don't get me wrong, it was shit, but it also a cleaner UI, kit designer, detailed stadium builder, you could buy cars and houses to rent out with your salary, marry a doctor or pleb, and your kids could join the youth team and potentially become world class players.

Also helped that it used the same engine as the games so managing a 3D match felt more realistic. Just a shame most of the game was only skin deep in terms of tactics and training.

Abraxas

I do start off on 2D when formulating my tactic, but pretty much once preseason is over I go to 3D. It's just way more satisfying to see the goals and bits of play even if slightly clunky. A clunky approximation of football is better than circles moving around a screen for my immersion.