Football manager wonderkids that made it

iHicksy

Kurt Zouma used to Develop into the best CB in the game...this was back when i played....something like FM 2015 I think.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Verratti and his free-kicks at Pescara. Lewandowski was already a well-rounded beast at Lech Poznan. Marcelo was another cheap one that turned out alright.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Had this as an all-conquering FM10 side about 5 or 6 seasons in. Mostly misses from SI. Had to put first names in because of that as some are quite obscure in the real world.

--------------------Matej Delac
Kyle Walker-Isaac Vorsah-Raul Goni-Emil Johansson
------------------Zargo Toure
---------Jem Karacan--Lukman Haruna
---Mattia Destro-Yannis Tafer-Romelu Lukaku

Backup frontline was Alexandre Lacazette-Cristhian Stuani-John Fleck

Last edited:

Njord

Remember playing with AC Milan on FM16. Used Diego Lopez as GK until January, when Real Madrid bid for a 15 year old kid in my academy. First time I heard of Donnarumma. He didn't become first choice until later that season.

So FM rated him before his break through though, as I made him my first choice GK in the game after I found out he existed, with great success.

Sanchez7

Champ manager 2001/02 I think. Robben and VDV were just amazing.

Maxim Tsigalko from the Ukrainian league was the best striker in the game but retired quite early on due to injuries.

M4nu4Life

Javier saviola, great position, cool name, cheap, fm legend. Too bar he failed to live up to his high fm status., although he had not a bar career.
He was my favourite signing. Would get 40 goals most years.

Iceicebaby

Supports
Liverpool
Andri Sigþorsson was the best player I’ve ever signed in any CM/FM game.
Too bad he was made of glass in real life. Think he broke and toar about every piece of his body in a short carrier.
Had the talent but his body couldn’t cope.

His younger brother is also made of glass and an old FM wonderkid but managed to carve a better playing carrier out of it.
Played for Az and Ajax in the Netherlands and Nantes in France and is now on a pay as you play contract in Sweden for AIK after being injured and not playing a game in 2 years with Nantes and Galatasaray.
But Kolbeinn Sigþórsson will forever be remember for knocking England out of the euros.

Dave_MUFC

Had this as an all-conquering FM10 side about 5 or 6 seasons in. Mostly misses from SI. Had to put first names in because of that as some are quite obscure in the real world.

--------------------Matej Delac
Kyle Walker-Isaac Vorsah-Raul Goni-Emil Johansson
------------------Zargo Toure
---------Jem Karacan--Lukman Haruna
---Mattia Destro-Yannis Tafer-Romelu Lukaku

Backup frontline was Alexandre Lacazette-Cristhian Stuani-John Fleck
Lukman Haruna, Yannis Tafer, John Fleck! Now there's some memories....

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I actually think SI games hit rate is actually quite good when compared to a lot of professional clubs. But this thread is about players who made it, so...

Ibrahimovic: this young kid would cost a bargain from Malmo and would become a goal machine.
Neymar: You bought it for a small fee from Brazil, but you had to be patient so he could develop into a top player, because his initial stats were not the best.
Sergio Aguero: A bargain from independiente. Would become a god-like player, scoring goals for fun and making tons of assists.
Karim Benzema: Was not a cheap guy, because Lyon always asked a lot for him, but would become a deadly striker.
RVN: A bargain steal at our disposal at Heerenven :)
Carlos Tevez: Always a good deal hire him from Boca. He was actually a player who made tons of assists.
David Villa: His release clause at Zaragoza at the begginig of the save was always low.
Radamel Falcao: A goal machine from River Plate
Azpilicueta: A bargain from Osasuna that would become a world beater.
Arturo Vidal: the beast from Colo Colo. Would score tons of goals in middle range shots.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I played a ton of CM4 years ago, best wonderkids I remember were:

Alexander Farnerud - dunno what happened to him
Fabio Paim - never settled anywhere
Carlos Tevez
Saviola
Van de Vaart
Dmitri Sychev - no idea who he is in real life
Cristiano Ronaldo - turned out alright

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I played a ton of CM4 years ago, best wonderkids I remember were:

Alexander Farnerud - dunno what happened to him
Fabio Paim - never settled anywhere
Carlos Tevez
Saviola
Van de Vaart
Dmitri Sychev - no idea who he is in real life
Cristiano Ronaldo - turned out alright
There's actually a documentary about Fábio Paim, because he is one of the greatest examples of wasted talent. I still remember Cristiano words when he signed for Man Utd saying something like "If you think I have potential, wait to see Fábio Paim.". In hindsight those words are funny.

Farnerud was one of those examples of how nordic players were usually overrated in the early CM versions.

Sychev actually made a solid career back at Russian EPL, being usually one of the league MVP's.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Champ manager 2001/02 I think. Robben and VDV were just amazing.

Maxim Tsigalko from the Ukrainian league was the best striker in the game but retired quite early on due to injuries.
Bielorrussia made some very good performances at Euro U19 or 17 can't remember well, and that made players like Tsigalko, Nikiforenko and Kutuzov being highly rated.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
There's actually a documentary about Fábio Paim, because he is one of the greatest examples of wasted talent. I still remember Cristiano words when he signed for Man Utd saying something like "If you think I have potential, wait to see Fábio Paim.". In hindsight those words are funny.

Farnerud was one of those examples of how nordic players were usually overrated in the early CM versions.

Sychev actually made a solid career back at Russian EPL, being usually one of the league MVP's.
Very impressive obscure player knowledge, thanks! :)